Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 19, 2022 4:13 PM
Feb 2021
I wasn't expecting I'll end up scoring this series a solid 8 for being the biggest indulgent anime of the season. I can't even call this trashy at all.
Jun 19, 2022 4:20 PM

Apr 2022
Yeah, he's kind of an ass. Which makes him frightenly relatable. 😇

Surely there will be a second season.
Jun 19, 2022 4:25 PM
Jul 2021
This was pretty meh, but entertaining enough. My biggest problems were the characters' weak and contradictory motivations, pretty much of of the main ones had issues with that but especially the MC's. It got really annoying how he'd constantly bemoan standing out as more than a mob character but then rush off to be a standard OP Isekai protag at the slightest of pretexts; it was completely incongruous with his wannabe mean guy act that was supposed to be him. It never made sense for him to pick fights with the Princes' group either at the plausible cost of potentially being executed, or siding with the "mean girl", or getting involved/caring at all about Marie taking over the protagonist role.

Despite all that it was still entertaining, and the half-assed Megazord in the finale was pretty funny. 6/10.
Jun 19, 2022 5:03 PM
Apr 2016
I try to not expect too much but they really almost wreck the entire plane when landing the finish. Its basically an emergency landing and they barely survived. BARELY.

Very messy, very rushed, they put at least one whole episode worth of battle to not even a half, almost a quarter of the episode. The epilogue is kinda nice but they forgot to set that up.

In source material, leon supposed to fight 5 black knight only end up to 1 black knight which is the main boss. The adaptation really does not bring the series justice and the animation only show the 20% what the series actually worth based on the 1/5 black knight ratio.

But all my anticipation is come from how interesting the premises is when i watch the first 3 episode. I wouldnt notice this series if there is no anime adaptation like this. In conclusion, itt could be better but im glad it exist. 7/10
Jun 19, 2022 5:08 PM
Sep 2015
The animation went from average to bad sometimes, I really enjoyed the personality of the MC.

7/10 the enjoyment of the series was really high for me. I enter this anime with zero expectations but was really fun in the end. One of the hidden gems of the season.
Jun 19, 2022 5:21 PM

Jul 2016
The final battle is nice but the production value is not on par or just mediocre all around. But the mechs are all 2d so its a plus. Overall the anime is enjoyable and seeing Balfort destroys his opponent is hilarious to watch

Jun 19, 2022 5:29 PM

Mar 2019
god i love MC like leon... Apart from his initial inferiority complex i love how piece of shit and realistic he is. In the manga he is even more piece of shit and i love it.
Jun 19, 2022 5:58 PM

Nov 2011
Loved the final battle scenes. Thought they were really well done.

I loved this anime I thought it was one of the best of the season and honestly the animation didn't bother me that much. I know LN and Manga readers are hurt over it but I thought it was great.

9/10

Now give me season 2
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 19, 2022 6:18 PM
Jan 2020
Going to miss this series and Leon's memorable attitude. The unexpected surprise of the season.
Jun 19, 2022 7:20 PM
Aug 2017
This adaptation compared to other anime I've read before an adaptation is so disappointing. It had so much potential, but the direction rushed the material so much. I'm not saying the anime is bad, I'm saying it could've been much better. ENGI does not do world building well, it does comedy well. The Light Novel volumes of this series has more pages than the typical LN, so I understand why it was rushed so much.

I used to think ascendance of a bookworm had bad animation when it came out, but this is on another level. The only saving grace for this adaptation is the voice acting and soundtrack. I liked the LN series so much because it was so easy and fun to read, I've reread this series more than other LNs I've read. So seeing it have something below mediocre animation and removing the plot points for future events is a great disappointment.

People should know the difference between bad writing and character flaws. Guess what? People can be hypocrites! So even characters can be hypocrites, it's like saying your opinion on the internet then getting offended by a person having an opinion about your opinion. I've seen lots of people not like Olivia, but I also blame that on the adaptation removing some context and details from previous episode.

This series was the couple few that I believed to make a new stage for other anime, like Misfit of Demon King Academy or in Fall 2022 The Eminence in Shadow. That being execution and presentation of tropes rather than simply do them. But the anime removed so much and had bad animation and designs, it was pretty much out of the public eye this season of anime by the first episode as "generic". I can barely find anybody talking about it on YouTube.

Anyways, this episode is more rushed than the other episodes, it honestly should've been 2. It also removed some of the plot, which they might add later if the get a 2nd season. Animation is bad as always, and hope ENGI does better in the future.
Jun 19, 2022 8:10 PM

Nov 2012
Um, why did he not question them sleeping in their undies? If they fell asleep waiting then they were waiting in undies.

I was expecting Angie to be turned down again. Glad it didn't happen. The 5 truly are stupid. They deserve Marie.

Jun 19, 2022 8:25 PM

Oct 2021
What a rushed ending, no romance conclusion, no game conclusion, no marie conclusion, s2 please!

dragynfaerie said:
Um, why did he not question them sleeping in their undies? If they fell asleep waiting then they were waiting in undies.

He did, the anime just skip it.
Jun 19, 2022 9:31 PM
Sep 2018
ryoko6 said:
leon was definitely one of the most entertaining and enjoyable character this season of anime had to offer. will definitely like a season 2 as it only gets better.

Any news on season 2?
Jun 19, 2022 9:31 PM
Sep 2018
Can we expect another season?
Jun 19, 2022 9:42 PM

May 2021
No clue how they ended up sleeping with just their lingerie while waiting for him but they're really packed. Good thing that they didn't cut that out at least.

Needed more Mylene screen-time though.

Jun 19, 2022 11:39 PM

Mar 2015
Luxion is OP and kinda stole the show from start to finish. I wanted Marie to be revealed as his sister but they just fell flat there. The love interests were too whiny and/or emotionally weak... even the haughty noble chick near the end was more interesting. Smart ass Luxion was always funny though.
Raven_WingzJun 19, 2022 11:43 PM
Jun 19, 2022 11:49 PM

Feb 2021
HaremKing01 said:
ryoko6 said:
leon was definitely one of the most entertaining and enjoyable character this season of anime had to offer. will definitely like a season 2 as it only gets better.

Any news on season 2?

HaremKing01 said:
Can we expect another season?

Nothing yet. We have to wait for announce.
Jun 19, 2022 11:54 PM

Jul 2014
Livia and Angie in their underwear? Thank you very much for this last treat!

Pleasantly surprised by how this show turned out. Starting with the key visuals that showed us the weird faces and then the first episode which I wasn't that big of a fan of, I was about to drop it. But once Leon entered the school, I started wanting more and it became the show I looked forward to the most each week. And while certainly the girls' faces could have looked better, once you get used to it, they're okay.

Leon and Luxion were a great comedy duo, Livia was freaking adorable (I really like Kana Ichinose's voice), Angie was lovely and the queen was best girl. Loved how she was part of Leon's precious memories haha. I'm going to miss this show, I hope it gets a second season.
Jun 20, 2022 12:22 AM
Mar 2021
What a satisfying ending, hoping for a season 2.
Jun 20, 2022 1:44 AM
Sep 2020
Stark700 said:
A rushed finale but I guess it's better to see Olivia and Angelica on good terms again.

As far as I'm concerned though, the nobles got what they've deserved. Leon still had his poker face moments even in the finale lol. He practically carried this episode to deal with their problems once and for all. Very predictable imo and honestly, I felt underwhelmed.

Same like bro l 100% expected Leon and Olivia to kiss.
Jun 20, 2022 2:52 AM

Apr 2021
S tier but not at the peak. Would say one of the great shows of this season. This adaptation really fired me up to read the manga. Impressive world building and characters. Even in this adaptation, I could already see its greatness from the source material.

Jun 20, 2022 3:40 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Well it was enjoyable. If there will be a second season then I'll watch it too.
Don't care for Olivia though, quite the annoying character. Like an attention seeker. If people ignore her, she'll just start to cry and fall into despair.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jun 20, 2022 4:16 AM
Jan 2017
Actually overall Anime is just good with good plot and Different uniqe MC under Condition: U must tolerate the weird char design is really far to call them cute if u know how they look like in manga or LN, Thank to ENGI studio for that make this scumbag masterpiece..
For me i just enjoy the show without a big problem for the design when u can say its disappointed, but the story is quite interesting so just focus to its story no the visual..
And yeah Leon Just a Bad Mc but still a naive who dojt want to kill anyone, just annoying for me actually..
Marie is more annoying than that, a sibling for sure..
not gonna watch it anymore..
6/10
Jun 20, 2022 5:21 AM

Jun 2020
So it's over huh... Gotta stick to the manga now
Jun 20, 2022 5:25 AM

Jun 2021
dragynfaerie said:

I was expecting Angie to be turned down again. Glad it didn't happen. The 5 truly are stupid. They deserve Marie.

they slept in more sexier manner in the manga imo
Jun 20, 2022 5:38 AM

Dec 2009
That was better than expected, it's super cliche, the MC is stupid OP and the animation is mid but it was fun to follow Leon's shenanigans and the character arcs of Ange and Livia in particular were pretty good, I enjoyed the comedy too. Looking forward to S2.
Jun 20, 2022 9:40 AM

Nov 2012
xressa said:
dragynfaerie said:

they slept in more sexier manner in the manga imo

It looks like Leon missed a possible menage, huh? Poor him. lol
Jun 20, 2022 11:23 AM

May 2018

Olivia and Angie sleeping together in Leon's bed in their underwear...too bad that this is as ecchi as it can get.

fan art
Jun 20, 2022 12:19 PM

Jun 2020
ok but leon blushing kinda cuteeeeeeeee

i cant believe how much i enjoyed this lol, totally down for a 2nd season, i want to see more of marie & how they react when they figure out who they really are LOL

also LUXION BEST BOIIIIIIIIIII

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 20, 2022 12:30 PM

Feb 2021
Azuchi said:
Well it was enjoyable. If there will be a second season then I'll watch it too.
Don't care for Olivia though, quite the annoying character. Like an attention seeker. If people ignore her, she'll just start to cry and fall into despair.

Yes, she is.

MemoreJun 21, 2022 10:45 PM
Jun 20, 2022 1:17 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Happy ending, that's a good stopping point, and he once again evolved in ranks xD too bad we won't see which girl he's picking.
Silly isekai overall but a pretty fun one when you take it as a parody, there are still a lot of flaws but that doesn't stop it from being enjoyable. 6/10
Jun 20, 2022 2:05 PM

Jul 2020
I thought it was pretty good, now I hope they'll be a season 2 in the future!
Jun 20, 2022 2:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
After going head to head with the Black Knight, Leon was promoted again to Viscount. Leon made sure that Chris was the one who got the credit for defeating the Black Knight. Still, the Prince and his gang of idiots want to challenge Leon to a duel again using a makeshift mech the costs 500,000 dia that turned out to be a piece of junk after Leon was forced to destroy it. Leon was also given a distinguished medal at the award ceremony. Seeing Angie and Livia in bed together was a lovely sight indeed, but Livia is still waiting on an answer to her love confession while Angie is not too far behind as she continues to fall for Leon.

I really enjoyed this series despite the lackluster production values. I value this series as an isekai that tries to do something different with the tropes by having a snarky MC who acts like a badass. I would like to see a second season, but hopefully with a different studio. Time to read the manga.

7/10
AddaeAkonoJun 20, 2022 2:14 PM
Jun 20, 2022 5:20 PM
Jul 2008
The anime is hilarious. I also like the MC. I can't wait to see when Olivia become a Saint, she was really OP!

I hope they make next season!

I have one question though. Luxion was purchased before he got isekaied, but why he can access him in current world?
Jun 20, 2022 5:24 PM
Jun 2022
I enjoyed it. It never took itself very seriously, which is a plus in my book, given how daft the setting of this kind of anime invariably is.

They did a good job setting up the love triangle so I'm looking forward to a season 2, though I think Angelica is destined to be disappointed.
Jun 20, 2022 6:07 PM

Jan 2019
What a batshit insane anime that was. Tempted to give the novel a try.

Jun 20, 2022 6:31 PM

Jan 2013
I really enjoyed this anime more than i thought initially, but i am glad it was this enjoyable. Hope we can get a 2S someday!

I love how they ended most of the holes in a single season, pretty solid ending for this season.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 20, 2022 6:54 PM

Aug 2011
I can't believe I'm impress from Luxion character development
Jun 20, 2022 7:05 PM

Jul 2021
Overall the pacing is a very horrendous and the art is just ass. With a better production value, this would've been one of my favorites because I like the premise along with the journey that could've been handled better with the expositions here and there plus the MCs scumminess gives me a lot of laughs along the way.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 20, 2022 7:07 PM
Aug 2021
waiting for season2 🥺
Jun 20, 2022 8:17 PM

Aug 2021
It wasn't bad until the end, Leon was always great in the battles and with his antagonistic attitude that really was something different, now looking forward to what's next, it was good.
Jun 21, 2022 9:20 AM

Feb 2021
LeonLanford said:
The anime is hilarious. I also like the MC. I can't wait to see when Olivia become a Saint, she was really OP!

I have one question though. Luxion was purchased before he got isekaied, but why he can access him in current world?

No, he wasn't. Lion obtained him when he won the first battle.

Jun 21, 2022 9:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, to be frank, this was meh to me from the get-go and pretty much retained that level to the very end.

Olivia going out to confess and reaffirming that this episode was certainly impressive to see and I was hoping the main character would do something about it but I suppose it's still a little too early for that.Both sleeping on his bed undressed though, what kind of welcome were they planning for him xD?

Bartfort keeps climbing the societal ladder despite not wanting so, well ain't that life?

Poor 5 stooges, they nearly created a suicide robot there and Bartyfort reluctantly had to win.

Got to say though, the first few seconds of the outro was cool. But that's about it. 4/10 from me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 21, 2022 10:05 AM

Apr 2010
LeonLanford said:

Rewatch the first episode.
Jun 21, 2022 5:08 PM
Jul 2008
-Raynor said:
LeonLanford said:

antonn said:
LeonLanford said:

Rather than pointing the first episode, no one tries to explain? If he's able to obtain Luxion by battling, why did he purchase him?

LeonLanfordJun 21, 2022 5:20 PM
Jun 21, 2022 7:53 PM

Apr 2010
LeonLanford said:

Rather than pointing the first episode, no one tries to explain? If he's able to obtain Luxion by battling, why did he purchase him?

I don't know what's so confusing here. He didn't purchase Luxion in the supposed game world. It's a snarky line he throws out there, because he bought the DLC in the "real" world while playing the game.
antonnJun 21, 2022 8:00 PM
Jun 21, 2022 10:47 PM

Feb 2021
LeonLanford said:
-Raynor said:

antonn said:

He didn't buy Luxion. He simply obtained him and Luxion decided to be Lion's companion, that is all.

antonn said:
LeonLanford said:

I don't know what's so confusing here. He didn't purchase Luxion in the supposed game world. It's a snarky line he throws out there, because he bought the DLC in the "real" world while playing the game.

Yes, you are right. That is what happened.
Jun 22, 2022 6:21 AM

Aug 2021
It wasn't bad until the end, Leon was always great in the battles and with his antagonistic attitude that was really something different, now looking forward to what's next, it was good.
Jun 22, 2022 9:38 AM
Aug 2021
finally finished this crap
Jun 22, 2022 4:04 PM
Jul 2008
antonn said:
LeonLanford said:

-Raynor said:
LeonLanford said:

He didn't buy Luxion. He simply obtained him and Luxion decided to be Lion's companion, that is all.

antonn said:

Yes, you are right. That is what happened.

That's the point, it's a DLC item. Why did he purchase the item if he can obtain it normally? If it's DLC, why it still exists in the new world? Normally player can't obtain DLC item without purchasing it.

2 important points:
- Leon got Luxion previously because you need to pay for it: https://i.imgur.com/UpOQGLJ.jpg
- As shown in first episode, Leon did not battle or beat Luxion in the game and the interior of the ship did not even exist in the game.

He somehow can obtain Luxion now without purchasing it, it supposedly not exist if you did not purchase it. But somehow the purchased item is exist in the new world which the show did not explain it properly. Luxion is basically a cheat item, judging from the circumstances so far, player is supposed to not able to obtain it normally.

I'm just hoping someone who read the novel can explain it because anime tends to skip over things.
LeonLanfordJun 22, 2022 4:38 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2022

100 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
May 5, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2022

92 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 19, 12:32 AM

» About the art

TheUnkovvn - May 4, 2022

38 by ryoko6 »»
Apr 18, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2022

71 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 25, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 25, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.