Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 26, 2021 4:54 AM
Oct 2019
Plot twist yeahh it's alright.

That Emotional scene was good though.
Their Seiyuu are killing it.

Many things still didn't getting explanations.

It was a good start, having a interesting premise and went down hill second half of the season.

Overall fun adventure 6/10 at most.
Story was kinda messy all over the place.
It's really feel like 12 episodes wasn't enough.
Bad decision.
Dec 26, 2021 10:13 PM
Mar 2019
I Was Wondering Why This Went Downhill Pretty Fast.
I Did Not Hate It So Why??
Then I Realized, It Was The Voice Of Memenpu, It Started To Grate And Became Really Annoying.
Just My Opinion.
Dec 27, 2021 5:45 AM
Jan 2018
Yeah it was kinda fun but very unsatisfying, it started pretty good but the show just lost itself.
Dec 27, 2021 5:40 PM

Nov 2009
It was a fairly good series, there was a lot of interesting and unique parts.

However most ppls felt like it was sort of rushed in some places.

And when the series started, many compared it to other similar series, namely "Gurren Lagann" and "Made in Abyss". Which is partly the downfall of this series, as the other 2 series is very popular world wide. (especially TTGL)

___ ___ ___

It feels like they should have extended the series with more adventure and slowly add in the Drama/ Villains instead of adding all of it in the last 3 episodes. The plot literally gone from 0 to 100 and didn't give any sort of explanation til the 2nd half of last episode... things happening WAY too fast.

Not only that, but the series ends in a weird way... they hinted they were "killing" (destroy/ eliminating) Rainbow Children (or Princesses that powers cities?).

Yet... the "Boss" decides to let them go out of no where... especially after all that talk about killing off Gagumba and taking Memempu...

Also... WTF happened with "Sina"?... didn't Shinto went after her too? Was the boss letting Memempu go also meant they're letting Sina go too?... felt kinda weird there dude.

(It's like playing a fighting game tourny where you were winning, but suddenly decide to let the other player win and not only that but got out of the chair and said I am leaving out of no where...)

___ ___ ___

KANLen09 said:

I'd guess that explains why both Gagumber and Memempu were both unaffected by the animus, and above it all, the familial drama, as emotional as it be and for the enemy to leave it as is between the two, they did their job to the end.

What chu mean? did you not see Gagumba's feet being burn by Animus and was literally covered in blood cause of it? While Memempu's feet was clean without a scratch.

(Gagumba before jumping down had shoes on, the shoes melted) (Animus = Nuclear Acid btw (non-radioactive tho, just burn and melts non-glass/metal structures), it's how the previous factory that powered wind lasted 100+ years without anyone maintenancing)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 27, 2021 6:48 PM

Oct 2008
last panel/frame: To Be Continued NOT...wait what!? i mean WHAT!?

Dec 28, 2021 1:54 PM

Aug 2018
Disappointing, unfortunately. It really reminded me Gunjou no Magmel, another sci-fi anime which started with 3 very good episode followed by 7-8 non-sensical episodes, with a final trying to inject a bit of plot.

Sakugan had a very similar fate with the first 2 episodes announcing an interesting atmosphere, universe and story, but also 1-2 last episodes which brought a great conclusion. Other episodes ? At the best they were irrelevant but a bit funny, at worst completely avoidable and far away from the core of this show, or at least the atmosphere I hoped to meet again.

Actually, the show lost itself in a succession of tiny chronicles or mini-stories which made me doubt I was watching the same show (the Diva episode, the bad-trip episode, etc). You could frankly watch episodes 1 & 2 then 12, it would be ok.

I believe they respected the storyline from the light novel, so can't blame the studio for this weird path taken. The animation was clean honestly, 3D animation was fine too and so were the characters.

Just... some weird plot elements and directions :

- What are the Kaiju, why do they exist and why did they just disappear for 8 episodes just to make a final cameo in episode 10 ?

- Zackletu is revealed to be Gagumber former partner's sister : well cool but just completely left on the side-road for the rest of this season

- Actually, where this story take place, what's this Animus which seems to rule the different colonies ?

So many questions whose answers might have been revealed previously (then I forgot them), or for some questions, they never received any possible element of answer.
Dec 28, 2021 6:41 PM

Nov 2009
matias067 said:
last panel/frame: To Be Continued NOT...wait what!? i mean WHAT!?

You got it wrong, that's why you confused.

To Be Continued (top left)

End (bottom right)

Giant NOT (on top of End)

So the frame comes out as:
To Be Continued
To Be Continued End
To Be Continued End NOT

Which is what we sometimes do, like saying, "That was Nice, NOT", etc etc. (which means the opposite)

In this case it's used to overwrite the END, so it means it's not the end.

So there's a high chance there'll be a season 2.

Not to mention the story is not even done... they literally just introduced the villains...
amlgJan 1, 2022 11:58 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 30, 2021 6:05 PM

Mar 2021
Really like this anime, a big surprise from this season ^^

And everything is spicing up at the end, waiting so much for a s2 !

Love Memempu !
But well, where she's from ? I understand from this tower from her dream, created with other "rainbow childrens" and find herself outta here, and found and adopted by Gagumba, so Ourorop is maybe her mother ? And still dont understand the Deceased's goal in all of this.

Ngl I got a lot a Made in Abyss vibe, but with mekas x)
Jan 1, 2022 11:49 AM

Apr 2015
The show hinges so much on the MCs so me being unable to feel any sympathy toward them ultimately killed the show for me

The plot being messy or Zack being ridiculous or the 'villains' just disappearing for some reason etc are secondary issues to the above.

3-4/10

OneAndDone said:
Ronninn said:
Welp, they really had no idea to finish this. It was genuinely over the place.

Anime Originals get it this hard huh.. 5/10.

This is based on a novel. It is NOT an anime original.

The 'novel' is from a competition to make an anime(which led to this show), I'd still call this anime original
Feb 9, 2022 10:43 PM
Oct 2019
"lousy certificates of merit, huh? might as well be sheets of toilet paper" lmao

gagumber is a good dude. how did he feet not fall off?

idk if this will ever get a 2nd season (the big NOT at the end has me hopeful though). i'd like to see how it plays out. they didn't really explain jack shit haha

i can't believe they keep trying to arrest them even though they literally keep saving every colony they're in. "you're arrested. you're free. you should be criminals but jk i erased it. oh wait you're criminals again" wtf is this shiz?

6/10 overall
Feb 27, 2022 2:07 AM

Jul 2015
Interesting to find out on Memempu but Shibito guy letting them go was weird. Fun series, but everything after the amazing first episode was quite the letdown as it was just basically random stuff happening mostly in urban cities without much progression on the main goal.

Apr 9, 2022 6:08 AM

Jul 2016
RadioYactive said:
Yeah it was kinda fun but very unsatisfying, it started pretty good but the show just lost itself.

I agree. Just felt like nothing at the end.
May 1, 2022 12:32 PM

Feb 2018
Ending wasn't the best, although it was an alright watch. Maybe one day we get a s2.
Jun 16, 2022 2:14 AM

Mar 2013
Well, that was pretty boring... the only episodes I found rather nice to have were episode 3 and 8 but this... you're kidding me right? there's so much information left out and so many mysteries yet to be solved...

I mean yeah, 12 episodes won't really cover it all but there's like, without even reading the source(if there were some), it feels like there were some scenes or storytelling that should be in the previous episodes before getting this far...

So the score is 6.53... lol

P.S. The only thing I found likable are the bonds between those two father and daughter, adding Zack to it is kinda fun but adding Yuri makes him just a mob char.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 21, 2022 9:29 AM

Apr 2020
I was thinking to give this a 6/10 but the ending sucked so I'm dropping to a 5.
I like the Gurren Lagann vibes of it but it's far from it.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Feb 19, 2023 11:04 PM

Nov 2016
i honestly wanted to like sakugan but cant. theres just too many probs, with no sols. i had hoped this was going to be a modern guren lagan

as i said, the story was all over the place. the backstory, why the earth is almost wiped out, why everyones living in domes, monsters, terrorists, char devs, prob kids. yep, too many probs, no sols. most people prolly wont tackle 2 or more probs at a time at most while reaching a sol

a reviewer said it in an easy way: watch the 1st and last ep, you wont miss much. yeah that just sums up sakugan just fine. supposedly this was the 1st of a trilogy, duno how the rest will follow
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Oct 27, 2023 10:45 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Ah lynda dead still bother for me it's was unnecessary dead for just memempu and her father to travel together, pointless plot
Nov 3, 2023 11:27 PM

Mar 2016
I'm always believe that show like this should be 2 cour since everything can't be squeezed perfectly on 12 episodes only like this.
For comparison, just imagine show like mushoku tensei only have 12 episodes and it will suck

I'm perfectly sold with this anime world setting. Combined with superb animation and character art direction.
9/10

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

113 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:09 AM

» Will there be a second season?

LovelyTekki - Dec 27, 2021

5 by Ionliosite2 »»
Mar 13, 2023 12:36 PM

» yay or nay

Wlad- - Feb 8, 2019

33 by PulpoPol »»
Oct 18, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

39 by Titadou »»
Jul 14, 2022 3:57 AM

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2021

42 by Titadou »»
Jul 12, 2022 3:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.