Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2021 5:34 PM
Jan 2021
I think that it was an interesting first episode and I will be eagerly waiting on the next because this could be a really good story and world but I’m not convinced yet that it will be
Oct 12, 2021 5:38 PM

Mar 2016
I knew almost all anime directed by Shin Onuma is a hit or miss, and for this one I'm towards for the later. I would be more interested in picking up Scarlet Nexus again (any SN watcher here btw? How is it going?), but let's see how it goes.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 12, 2021 6:01 PM
May 2021
Tell me why the both the animation and design of that first shiny monster looked like a stop motion animation of a child's toy πŸ˜‘. I was originally excited for this anime and, judging solely off of the synopsis and trailer, had thought it had the potential to be the next Made in Abyss. Unfortunately for us, it appears to be the next Scarlet Nexus instead. Man, was SN a mess.
XO2HKIMOct 12, 2021 7:52 PM
Oct 12, 2021 8:07 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
First episode was okay
Rules are pretty simple lol there was one pretty meh CGI moment.
I find it odd that the MC did so well on killing that monster especially since he has "no experience" but I'm sure we will know more about that later.
Looking forward to this anime hope it picks up.
Oct 12, 2021 9:09 PM
Jul 2020
Well, I didn't have expectations since I didn't know much about it, but no... I can't explain it. The animation looked good, so there was the first fight, it was disappointing, CGI and then the lack of sound effects. It went from bad to worse. The protagonist didn't interest me very much, I didn't like him very much. Not just him, but most characters. But I am very interested in the whole background and the mysterious syndrome that is plaguing humanity.
Oct 12, 2021 9:19 PM

Jul 2014
What a waste of pixels. Horrible dialogue, awful characters, dumb fight, stupid writing.
Oct 12, 2021 10:23 PM

Aug 2018
The first episode was okay, but, let's see how it will continue. the opening was really good!
Oct 12, 2021 10:48 PM

Dec 2019
Ahhh Yes,

>A random protagonist guy ,
>going for death mission ,
>got accepted by organization due of his "interesting'' reasoning of enrollment,
>Protagonist doesn't even know pretty much the situation he got into, he don't even know much about himself, kinda "searching" for something
>colleagues are bunch of obnoxious childish child soldiers,
>chief platoon is a passive aggressive poker face cold bitch probably have "special/painful past/deep " background history,
> A talkative vice chief loves giving advice act as cool guy around who doing all the works since the Chief is a bossy bitch, flashy overpowered special moves in the beginning of episode, Yeah, surely he probably gonna DIE later, saving those kids, saving a clueless dumb protagonist, for character development of the dumb protagonist

Mediocre Anime for midwits~
The retards found this anime is interesting...well,ok.

Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..

Oct 13, 2021 12:54 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Maybe the world was slightly interesting and had something going for it, but the characters man... the supporting cast is all typical goofy side characters and our mc is generic and as dull as ever. He also comes with the new-guy/weak character trait as well! Maybe he shows some competence near the end but he just stood there and yelled while his laser drone did all the work.

Nonetheless, I found that all actually somewhat bearable. What REALLY turned me off was all the "I want to be a hero!' bs. Please just give me a break man. My cringe-o-meter just broke. And I don't have to mention that BEAUTIFULLY animated monster now, do I?

To be fair I think it's too early to comfortable slap a "bad" or "good" (if you see this as good) badge on it right away. While all the symptoms are pointing to a heaping pile of trash, I still I think it deserves at least one more episode to prove itself. If it doesn't do anything to wow me in the 2nd episode, easy drop.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 13, 2021 4:09 AM

Aug 2020
I had initially thought that this anime might be interesting, but after just one episode it appears to be complete rubbish. Dropped.

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Oct 13, 2021 7:17 AM

Jul 2016
Definitely the anime of the season.
Oct 13, 2021 7:59 AM
Mar 2012
Nice madeinabyss scenery, cool character designs. God awful cg was that intentional??
Larry seems retarded but they explained his brain damage later, and mc def retarded got fished by a scam ad with hero delusions.
First half so dry boring, pointless retruiting talks then more dont die talks with bland characters.
Eh, guess soldier fight & op kinda cool. What's even their investigation goal? Not mining resources? Just shoot monsters & return with more dead teammates?
Oct 13, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2019
To throw my hat into the ring.
Personally, I liked the visuals, except for the CGI. The first episode where also quite all over the place, and felt unsure. Still, I do feel that this show got some potential, as long as the CGI can be overlooked.
─── ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ───

"No matter how devastated you may be by your own weaknesses or uselessness...
Set your heart ablaze. Grit your teeth and look straight ahead.
Even if you stop and crouch down, the time won't wait for you...
or snuggle you, or grieve along with you."

─── ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ο½₯ ───
Oct 13, 2021 1:48 PM
Feb 2017
Bunille said:
All of the people judging anime that don't have millions of cash to afford to draw everything, oh the irony.

I don’t know what’s more embarrassing, the fact that you’re defending this hump of garbage or using the “you’re not rich/talented enough to draw, thus your opinion is invalid” argument. Either way, you sound stupid.
Oct 13, 2021 2:08 PM

Oct 2017
MegaStride said:
Bunille said:
All of the people judging anime that don't have millions of cash to afford to draw everything, oh the irony.

I don’t know what’s more embarrassing, the fact that you’re defending this hump of garbage or using the “you’re not rich/talented enough to draw, thus your opinion is invalid” argument. Either way, you sound stupid.
Do you even understand a word of what you're saying?
And one way to be a hypocrite in the same sentence, a big clap to you.

When did I ever mention you in the picture? Are you talking about yourself? Projecting, perhaps, being a hypocrite again? I doubt it'd be okay to insult anybody else's work if they had limited software/equipment. I mean, kudos for admitting you're not rich or talented enough to draw (therefore your opinion is invalid... when did I say that? How does this add up? That you're criticising the thing you also suck at? You think bringing down anyone above you makes you feel better about yourself?).
Can you please be less of a hypocrite so I can comprehend your sentence better?

Why are we whining about literally one frame? There's almost no CGI in this show and the art is pretty good IMO.

Maybe if you had at least one anime added to your troll account, people wouldn't see how much you're projecting right now.

Come on, your latter is defending budget art, and the former is insulting it, pick one bud.
Oct 13, 2021 2:32 PM
Feb 2017
Bunille said:
MegaStride said:

Do you even understand a word of what you're saying?
And one way to be a hypocrite in the same sentence, a big clap to you.

When did I ever mention you in the picture? Are you talking about yourself? Projecting, perhaps, being a hypocrite again? I doubt it'd be okay to insult anybody else's work if they had limited software/equipment. I mean, kudos for admitting you're not rich or talented enough to draw (therefore your opinion is invalid... when did I say that? How does this add up? That you're criticising the thing you also suck at? You think bringing down anyone above you makes you feel better about yourself?).
Can you please be less of a hypocrite so I can comprehend your sentence better?

Why are we whining about literally one frame? There's almost no CGI in this show and the art is pretty good IMO.

Maybe if you had at least one anime added to your troll account, people wouldn't see how much you're projecting right now.

Come on, your latter is defending budget art, and the former is insulting it, pick one bud.

Looks like I hit a nerve

This show is bad. The art is trash, the story is mediocre, the characters are bad, the writing is trash, and yes the CGI looks awful along with the awful background. I don’t get why you’re saying I’m projecting, unless you just learned what that word means and just like to say it randomly. I’m apparently projecting by… calling an anime garbage because the look and writing of it is bad. I recommend using this site before using words you don’t know.
Oct 13, 2021 2:38 PM

Oct 2017
MegaStride said:

Looks like I hit a nerve

This show is bad. The art is trash, the story is mediocre, the characters are bad, the writing is trash, and yes the CGI looks awful along with the awful background. I don’t get why you’re saying I’m projecting, unless you just learned what that word means and just like to say it randomly. I’m apparently projecting by… calling an anime garbage because the look and writing of it is bad. I recommend using this site before using words you don’t know.

You're the one who blew my comment completely out of proportion to the point you came up with two polar opposite ideas of what my comment meant. Is my comment really too cryptic for you to understand and then go and insult me? Does defending the show hit your nerves?
Oct 13, 2021 2:50 PM
Aug 2019
That was... honestly boring lol. None of the characters interested me, and also the CGI of that monster was... well, everyone already said it. The animation wasn't the best either...

I'll watch one episode more to decide I guess, since at least it looks visually nice
Oct 14, 2021 12:13 AM

Oct 2008
big black hole again!? now this looks more like Made In Abyss but more futuristic compared to Sakugan...lolz
let's see... but animation departments looks mediocre...
4/5.

Oct 14, 2021 1:55 AM

Apr 2013
If you have seen a crocodile attack from the water to an animal on land, and you compare it to this frog-thing that jumps from the water in front of the characters and just stares at them for 2 minutes while they talk, you will see how crappy this anime is.
Oct 14, 2021 4:57 AM

Jul 2019
It was quite a pretentious debut episode with all that futuristic ammunation gear and talks about "be yourself or die somewhere else". Quite strange that our squad fights without helmets but whatever, maybe Asylum is a tropical place. Daniel is a white crow with his desire to become a hero among his teammates that know what is real war but he proved his serviceability for the gun fights.

Okay, there was nothing repulsive for me to stop watching the show, let's dive deeper into the hostile underground world.
Oct 14, 2021 7:05 AM
May 2016
Holy crap that was straight up garbage right there. Sheesh.
Oct 14, 2021 7:43 AM

Nov 2016
Its actually not that bad, need more Made in Abyss vibe
Oct 14, 2021 9:22 AM

Jul 2014
Budget Made In Abyss. Plot is good but the execution needs more work
Oct 14, 2021 1:27 PM
Sep 2016
What a terrible first episode, I'm still gonna watch the next few episodes because I love that Made in Abyss/Mountain of Madness type of stories, but I don't have much hope for it, especially when there an actually good (so far) MiA-like this season with Sakugan.

I did really care for the CGI monster tho, it's bad, but it's a weird monster so whatever, but if they're gonna make it in CGI they should take advantage of that and at least have it move because the fight were truly terrible.
Oct 14, 2021 8:23 PM
Apr 2021
Went in knowing next to nothing about this beyond it having an interesting sounding premise. Halfway through the episode I had a sinking feeling and a quick google told me everything I needed to know. Produced by Square Enix, f2p, mobile game. That's why it sucks so much, it's just another crappy video game tie in.
Oct 15, 2021 12:22 AM

Dec 2020
sounds interesting but not even gonna sugarcoat it that was shit. characters, animation, anything that could've resulted in my enjoyment from this didnt show up. only been one episode tho so i cant judge too harsh. dont think it'll improve much but ill still watch it just incase
Oct 15, 2021 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
Hideous looking monster for sure but outside of that I thought it was fairly decent for a smartphone game show I thought.

Movement static as fuck but at least the art style is tidy.

MC is a weirdo.
Oct 16, 2021 7:44 AM

Dec 2020
Very mixed feelings. The story, the admosphere and animation (outside the CGI) could have lead to an incredible anime, but everything just looks like a mix of the worst choices possibles for every aspects.
Oct 17, 2021 9:18 AM
Feb 2021
The monster was weird but I really enjoyed this first episode.
Oct 17, 2021 10:40 AM

May 2009
Syureria said:
I don't really understand the story' but the art are quite bad, even though there are a lot of cute girls, it's just that the Chara design and the background and the monster don't seem to contrast. I even watched this while playing a game, lol.... Looks like it's going to be on the drop list.

Monster just stood there and waited for them to finish exposition about weapons. Like in a fucking video game. What a garbage.
Also awful cgi.
Oct 17, 2021 12:30 PM

Dec 2019
MoneyGambler said:

- bad character interactions, like they want MC to know everything without anyone telling him what is going, what to do or how to do it.

droped

What Introduction? LMAO they spooked the guy into comatose ! once he regained conscious OKAY LET's GeT cHiCkeN DinNeR witH thEsE God ForSaken creatures. XD

And HOW tf they still let the guy in the squad , the guy , almost blow his heart , OVER CONFETTI POPPER? XD
ReppocankOct 17, 2021 12:38 PM
Once a flower withered, it can never bloom again..

Oct 18, 2021 12:34 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh... well then I will force myself with 3 episodes, that's it.
WTH was that 1D monster without barely any animation at all ...?
Oct 19, 2021 9:00 AM
May 2020
I was looking forward to this anime as well, especially because I have a certain expectation from everything with quality content from Square Enix as well. But oh boy where to start:

The first opening Episode was so super boring, I literally forced myself to watch..also there were so many plot holes already. And suddenly the guy from the beginning plays a major role?! I don't know..I could not follow.

What about the characters? Are they in some kind of illusion or something? Because their outlines look like these optical illusion pictures from the past...it gave me even a headache because it gave in general a blurry look..very confusing.

I don't need to mention the big monster CGI diccu..so 10/10 from comedy for sure.

Chinese production with CGI is so much better..I can highly recommend Lie Huo Jiao Chou if anyone wants to see great CGI. I really hope this will improve in the future because CGI would help a lot of artists with their workflow, I personally feel bad all the time how much employees from MAPPA for example are working just to give us a nice experience, not fair at all.
Oct 19, 2021 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
The PV was so mysterious and cool. WTF is this episode! I am oddly reminded of Gibiate.

These characters seem extremely fashionable for soldiers that it makes them look incompetent.

The female characters' voices surprised me a bit. The designs made me think they'd have those extremely high voices.

Nothing stood out about the story. It seems like it was made to be a cheap game, rather than an anime.
Oct 20, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2021
I actually quite enjoyed this episode towards the start, but then the scarred appeared and the animation on that really just killed it for me. It's not so bad I'm gonna drop this, it's just really really ugly, like it looks super out of place.

Also the backing music felt very adventure-fantasy anime instead of sci-fi anime, especially in that fight scene.

Kinda tired of animes where the entire motive of the main guy is that he wants to be a hero, it gets boring after a while. Other than that I like the looks of Vera, Larry and Mochinoki but the main guy just feels like another generic anime protagonist
Oct 28, 2021 4:03 AM

Nov 2012
So... why the Antartic Front ppl treats their main source of work (recruits) like dead meat with no introduction of their work, keeping all the stuff like top secret and likely letting them go to the field to die?

I cant convice myself with the cheap "only the ppl made for this survives their 1st trip and its of use for us" bs

Also, their way of do stuff is so stupid, asking for permission to shut a freaking monster that can kill you in 1 second or the use of that FIBE? When that CGI monster appeared, why they had like 20 minutes to explain what it was and giving instructions? You usually study all the stuff you know about those monsters and how to deal all of them, right? Why would you do that in the moment?

Well, I hope this gets any better

My Candies:

Nov 1, 2021 10:37 PM
May 2019
Can we talk about how bad that CGI monster looked. They literally had some guy make a model slap a texture filter on it and call it a day. It’s a shame because the music and world design look and sound nice. I wish we could go back to using good old fashion 2d monsters like in yu yu hakusho
Nov 1, 2021 10:39 PM
May 2019
XO2HKIM said:
Tell me why the both the animation and design of that first shiny monster looked like a stop motion animation of a child's toy πŸ˜‘. I was originally excited for this anime and, judging solely off of the synopsis and trailer, had thought it had the potential to be the next Made in Abyss. Unfortunately for us, it appears to be the next Scarlet Nexus instead. Man, was SN a mess.
I wouldn’t go that far. If you want a good made I’m abyss show with good looking monsters go watch Sakugan it’s Crunchyroll and it’s probably my favorite show this year
Feb 9, 2022 9:57 AM

Jul 2015
That was a somewhat interesting premise with some good visuals ...at least until that monster showed up and ruined it, where I find the bad cgi not being the biggest issue but its ridiculous design.

Mar 12, 2023 2:47 PM

Aug 2012
The synopsis for this series sounded really interesting but almost straight away you can tell (if you weren't aware, I wasn't) that this is based on some sort of game. I figured it would be in the vain of God Eater or Monster Hunter but apparently it's actually a turn based rpg which is weird. Anyway I'll stick with it since I've started and it's only 12 episodes but it's a shame the promo art and synopsis make this seem like a different series altogether. 

Oh and Silver Link's adversion to proper line art can be hit and miss and for me it's a big miss this time.
BlaizeVMar 12, 2023 2:51 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deep Insanity: The Lost Child Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2021

31 by RAGEkiller »»
Aug 27, 11:41 AM

» Why are people giving this a 10/10

ImFlyingFrog - Oct 17, 2021

26 by Piromysl »»
Jan 29, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Deep Insanity: The Lost Child Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2021

15 by Dawizz »»
Jun 1, 2023 9:40 AM

Poll: » Deep Insanity: The Lost Child Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2021

23 by Dawizz »»
Jun 1, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Deep Insanity: The Lost Child Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2021

33 by NMGKeiji »»
Dec 8, 2022 12:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.