Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tesla Note
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 3, 2021 10:09 PM
Apr 2021
Now here, i didnt really expect this to be a 3d, and its really shitty. I dont think i reccomend this anime.
Oct 3, 2021 10:15 PM
Dec 2008
I honestly was looking forward to this. But I am very disappointed after episode 1. The crappy CGI distracts from the good parts of the show. It doesn't blend in at all. The character facial movements are terrible.
So how I score it:
Good Story - 7
Good action sequences - 6
Good voice acting - 7
Horrible CGI - 2

Oct 3, 2021 10:23 PM
Mar 2016
First off, let me get this out of the way. I’m not a fan of the 3D CGI and also on top of it mixing with 2D. It’s just MY personal opinion and choice.

With that out of the way, regardless of how I feel about the art style, so far this isn’t actually that bad, just jarring for me. Better than a lot in the past. It seems like I’m playing a video game (is this based on a game? Seeing that Bandai Namco is the producer) especially with the small fight scene. It looks fun. Story might actually be interesting.

I’ll give it a few episodes, but if the art style bothers me too much, I’ll just drop it. Like I said, 3D CGI isn’t really my thing and no matter how interesting a story may be or comedic, I won’t be able to enjoy it anyways if it isn’t visually pleasing to me. Notice how I kept referring “to me”? It’s because I’m not discouraging anyone else from watching nor am I bagging on it. Everyone has their preferences. Just like Miku is waifu and others may like Nino instead. Keep the peace. Enjoy what you like.
Oct 4, 2021 12:55 AM

Jun 2016
This was certainly an interesting watch. A plot about Tesla Fragments that allow objects to warp, and two spies, our mc's Kuruma and Botan, who have to collect them. Quite the premise tbh, despite the lacklustre visuals.

To the shows credit, or rather the scripts credit, the chemistry between Kuruma and Botan, if it stays consistent throughout the show, may end up being decent. It gives off an "I hate you, but kinda respect you" sorta mentality. We'll see tho.

Oct 4, 2021 2:42 AM
Jun 2017
I thought i can never watch something like Ex-Arm again, and well i have seen the ratings of this Tesla Note and wait, its below 5.xx so i tried watching it and well its watchable but the vibes of EX-ARM is on it... hahaha

NOte: i have able to finish watching both Gibiate and EX-Arm which are one of the worst anime that you could watch in modern anime era, so i am looking forward if this series will fall in that same category... hahaha
Oct 4, 2021 5:56 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm starting to wonder if anybody actually watched this and are not just rating it on a scene that happened like 2 minutes into the episode....

Apart from the aforementioned jarring scene that I'm alluding to, this episode wasn't bad at all lol....My only gripe is the CGI of course but it's no where near as bad as Ex-Arm's was (Dunno why people are even comparing the two) and is still watchable

Other than that, I like our main cast of characters a lot (They have a pretty nice dynamic with each other already) and I'm intrigued to see where they are going to take this plot and how things will unfold in this current situation

This score is criminally low, but I guess that's automatic now in the anime community once people see CGI
Oct 4, 2021 6:08 AM
Dec 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, definitely not impressed by the CGI style of this show but it's watchable. Not going to lie, but this does have a catchy theme song.

What a strange organization though. And with Botan's personality, it's sometimes hard to take her seriously. Also not impressed by Kuruma so far but at least the anime is approaching the story with a serious tone. The show definitely has to prove itself more imo.

Agree!! I hope at least the story is decent to have a reason to watch it........
Oct 4, 2021 6:13 AM

Nov 2016
Tokoya said:
I'm starting to wonder if anybody actually watched this and are not just rating it on a scene that happened like 2 minutes into the episode....

Apart from the aforementioned jarring scene that I'm alluding to, this episode wasn't bad at all lol....My only gripe is the CGI of course but it's no where near as bad as Ex-Arm's was (Dunno why people are even comparing the two) and is still watchable

Other than that, I like our main cast of characters a lot (They have a pretty nice dynamic with each other already) and I'm intrigued to see where they are going to take this plot and how things will unfold in this current situation

This score is criminally low, but I guess that's automatic now in the anime community once people see CGI

People are only watching it for the memes and to give it a 1/10. That's the trendy thing to do.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2021 6:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FMmatron said:
Tokoya said:

People are only watching it for the memes and to give it a 1/10. That's the trendy thing to do.
What has the community come to lol
Oct 4, 2021 6:56 AM

Nov 2016
Tokoya said:
FMmatron said:

Not the first time this happened (Interspecies Reviewer, Ex-Arm) and surely not the last time xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2021 7:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FMmatron said:
Tokoya said:

Not the first time this happened (Interspecies Reviewer, Ex-Arm) and surely not the last time xD
FMmatron said:
Tokoya said:

I swear this website has become a true meme now lol
Oct 4, 2021 7:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
> A super-original spy thriller begins
> proceed those kind of cg to the fmc
> proceed to look at police running
> zombie

Wtf? Well, this first is not that kind of thrill i am looking for. But, for the comedy, i can't help but Tesla Note surely a well-noted on my mind, especially with that riverside scene. Oh hell yeah, look at that va. Though, the fmc name kinda be weird. But, then listening to the oped. Well, thats been settle for me. This masterpiece really deserve more watch, at least from me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 4, 2021 7:16 AM

Jul 2021
pretty disappointed by this, judging from the poster I was pretty excited for it and thought it looked good but it really just isn't. The CGI is disappointing, and from the scenes they showed us with the 2D animation it would've looked so much better if they kept it like that. I also hate the way they mix the 2D and CGI, it looks weird and out of place. It kinda reminds me of a poorly made MMD from 2017.

Also the character's so far are just not likeable at all, like nothing about them stands out to me. I also really hope that the main girl doesn't end up being one of those annoying op protagonists.
Oct 4, 2021 9:45 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
After two very good 3DCG anime, in term of visual, there is no way we could get another disaster like Ex-Arm, right?

And here we are, watching this awfully-looking figures moving like jelly. Almost unwatchable. Luckily, the story and characters still hold this anime from dropping to the cliff right after it launched.

Don't sure I could endure another episode, but I will try my best. lol
Oct 4, 2021 2:15 PM

Dec 2020
i watched like 40 seconds of this and couldnt even stand it , everything about it feels so off its awful lol
Oct 4, 2021 2:19 PM
Sep 2019
Damn another Masterpiece.
Oct 4, 2021 3:34 PM

Apr 2013
FMmatron said:
Tokoya said:

Except there are meme shows which are actually entertaining, fun and deserves to be seen like Inferno Cop. Ex Arm and the likes are just pure garbage.
Oct 4, 2021 3:35 PM
Jul 2021
well the truth, I will drop this anime, once I saw the trailer I thought I would give it a try I thought, ah it's just a new anime with a lousy trailer, but the truth is that I didn't take 24 minutes to see it
Oct 4, 2021 3:37 PM
Jul 2021
That excessive CGI, that mix of 2D, and 3DCGI is a mockery to me as a viewer,
Oct 4, 2021 3:40 PM

Nov 2016
KneelBeforeMe said:
FMmatron said:

Except there are meme shows which are actually entertaining, fun and deserves to be seen like Inferno Cop. Ex Arm and the likes are just pure garbage.

Whether it's deserved or not. The point is that people are meme voting.

Oct 4, 2021 5:00 PM
Jun 2021
Absolutely love this. The whole anime feels like a capcom cutscene, and some of the overlooked details are horrible, but I love this anime. It's so terrible it's funny to watch 8/10 do recommend.
Oct 4, 2021 6:18 PM
Jan 2020
Absolutely ridiculous concept from top to bottom, near rip-off title, terrible writing, super annoying "sidekick"... the crappy animation is just the polish on this turd. Have wonder what favors we're called in to justify this being chosen for an anime show.
Oct 4, 2021 7:44 PM

Jul 2012
Sigh... Why the hell do studios keep pushing it with the shitty 3D animation? If you can't pull it off, like Beastars for example, then just don't. It's not as bad as Ex-Arm, though. At least characters' faces have more emotion and pretty much everything looks cleaner.
Not really sold on the characters and story either, but I'll stay around cause, as a fan of Nikola Tesla, I'm intrigued on how's everything going to unfold. And also, it has a pretty good cast.
Oct 4, 2021 8:53 PM

Jun 2021
Ugh, that was a waste of 25 minutes of my life.

The animation, like everybody is saying, is garbage. I don't know why they think these mediocre CG stuff is going to sell. I also don't understand whey they randomly choose to go back to 2D animation at certain spots. The transition is just so awkward.

Even if this was animated to perfection, it still would have been a questionable episode. There's very little explanation as to what this "group" is and very little backstories on these characters. Also on the train scene, it's stupid that every background character is wearing a hazmat suit, except for the woman scientist. I guess they couldn't have her wear a hazmat suit, because if she did, they couldn't show off Botan's super special disguise ability.

I don't drop shows after 1 episode too often, but I think I can safely drop this one now
Oct 4, 2021 11:25 PM
Jun 2020
Jacut said:
Dropped it precisely at the line "a scientist born in Yugoslavia in 1856." It's like saying "born in the USA in the 13th Century", totally anchronistic and makes literally no sense (Tesla was born in Austria Hungary long before Yugoslavia was even created - should it have even existed in the first place is the real question, but let's not open this debate...)

The very moment they said that I lost all hope in this show being at least passable. They missed the mark by 62 years. How on earth do you make a historical error this bad? It was definitely the funniest part of the episode.

However, I think I know why they said "Yugoslavia" instead of mentioning him being Serbian, and that's because their afraid that labelling him as one or the other will get people upset. This is because Croatians claim that Tesla was Croatian, and Serbs believe he was Serbian (Which he was, believe it or not Serbs lived in the area of present day Croatia for as long as they've been on the Balkans).

I can understand if this is the reasoning they made, but why couldn't they just say he was born in the country of Austria-Hungary? It would at least make sense historically.

As for the show itself, the plot is a huge mess. The mc just so happens to be thrust into this super spy adventure and not even 30 seconds later she's already in Norway on her first mission. Not only that, but she has absolutely no flaws and seems to just know how to do everything without messing up. Too much stuff is rushed and the characters are not that interesting.

The animation is ass. Anime is not cut out for 3D, simply because the faces on anime characters are very simplistically drawn, and when put on the 3D Model they lack facial muscles and the animations just look stiff. That and the faces are usually flat with 2D eyes and 2D mouth on it, like why even do CGI if you're not going to bother animating the faces properly.

When Botan dressed up as the Lab Scientist Lady (Forget her name) they just use the same model for the Scientist Lady, so it looks like Botan's eye color and body shape and size just changed instantaneously for no reason.

I hate this show, but will keep watching, only because I absolutely adore making fun of terrible shows lol
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Oct 5, 2021 12:02 AM

Nov 2010
I have not finished this episode yet, but it's obvious that the CG is a typical ex-arm.
Note: ex-arm [noun] extremely bad CG. (I coined it.)
Oct 5, 2021 3:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
To be honest the worst part is not really the animation even though the 2D x 3D mix is awful but the plot itself is so ridiculous xD because of Nikola Tesla there are vehicles that are teleported and rejected by a breach in the sky LMAO wtf is this idea
Oct 5, 2021 4:51 AM

Dec 2020
Not a fan of the cg but plot is enough to keep me from dropping it

read the first 2 chapters of the manga and i reaally hope they do the next chapter well its pretty nice me thinks
Oct 5, 2021 6:32 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! The score is: 4.17 ... is this the next Ex-Arm!?!?!? bwahaha lolz
2/5.

Oct 5, 2021 7:58 AM

Aug 2018
The animation was on a par with rwby, the story looks good though. We’ll see how it fares next week.
Oct 5, 2021 8:35 AM

Jun 2019
So awkward jeez, they should've gonne full 3d, Ajin did it and it worked (aside from the 15fps animation)
Oct 5, 2021 3:10 PM

Aug 2019
I am...honestly appalled, and at a loss for words. I cannot understand how this could happen. What...the hell. Hope everyone checks out the Manga now, which is actually DECENT.
私だけが自分の夢を見ているのだ
Oct 5, 2021 10:55 PM

Nov 2018
So, the animation itself is very fluid, but that's actually a bit to its detriment; it's -so- fluid it starts to trip the uncanny valley effect a bit. Obviously the 2d/3d composite shots are a joke, but the unsubtle character transitions between 2d and 3d are even worse...and I can't even say that it would be fine if it was fully 3d, because they frequently failed to anchor the characters into the world properly on the 3d shots... I can't understand how someone could look at the character motion and the completely different speed that the background was panning and think "yeah, that's fine, ship it". They also had a couple spots where they didn't seem to know what size their "stage" was; particularly the bit where the guy in the back of the van pops up out of nowhere.
Oh, and the flashy guy is just annoying.
Oct 5, 2021 11:21 PM
Mar 2012
cool OP & ED.
boy unprofessional & clown. eh plot seems ok, but hard to watch barely better than exarm.
Oct 6, 2021 3:24 AM
Apr 2021
Saiche said:
Visuals are bad enough, but then you got the guy that was at the helm of Re-main making the show, recipe for disaster.
Re-main was great though.
Oct 6, 2021 4:46 AM
Oct 2017
3D is horrible but other is not bad like story, character, direction or etc. And also Soooooo much super ultimate better than EX-ARM.
BYOND_JINOct 6, 2021 4:50 AM
Oct 6, 2021 5:56 AM
Feb 2021
My lovely anime. This anime da best, beating ex arm.
Oct 6, 2021 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
Absolute garbage. Looks like a fan made it by piecing together video game cut scenes. This studio is a joke!
Oct 7, 2021 5:19 AM
Sep 2021
LoganMcClure21 said:
Can y’all actually not spam the scores, tf is wrong with some of y’all, the animation was weird but definitely not as bad as Ex Arm and there’s actually a decent story behind it, I seriously don’t want this to be spammed all the way down to a 2 score because y’all have two brain cells that sees this animation and immediately puts it at a lower score. I forget how many animes fans are actually big losers with a one track mind but please don’t be a bitch for once in your life please

This is just going to encourage people to spam scores lmao
Oct 7, 2021 5:26 AM
Oct 2019
Hell yeah, it's the spiritual successor to EX-ARM...

Plus they have a Good Roster of Seiyuu,
It's gonna be another Masterpiece 👌
Oct 7, 2021 12:15 PM
Jul 2015
AlfarrOliveira said:
looks like a PlayStation 2 game... Another work with a very good proposal being spoiled by the CGI...

Sorry, but it's not spoiled by CGI (read 3D animation), it's spoiled by being shit. And I'm being kind here. Of course, there is no argument, the 3D animation itself sucks and doesn't help - the mixing with 2D makes it even worse. But still, this episode would have been crap either way; the animation only puts the cherry on top of that huge steamy pile of excretions.
Oct 7, 2021 7:26 PM
Mar 2014
Sad :(

The story itself was great!

unfortunately they screwed it up using crappy 3D animation.

Anime is only best enjoyed in 2D... I mean there are good quality 3D anime, but this is definitely not it.
Oct 8, 2021 9:10 AM

Jan 2016

ex arm was this year? fuckk
Oct 9, 2021 3:22 AM

May 2015
Despite the technical shortcomings, this was enjoyable, to say the least. 3D's not too bad but quite a bit off-putting at some point.

Still, a far stretch to call it an Ex-arm rival as this is relatively serviceable at best.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Oct 9, 2021 12:42 PM

Nov 2013
what ,,,,,,,,,,,
Oct 10, 2021 5:05 AM

Oct 2020
LMAO I like how people compare this to EX-Arm, like EX-Arm has became a measurement nowadays for how bad the anime is xD and Iove it!
処刑課師匠
Oct 10, 2021 3:27 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ok nice class room scene... looks alright I guess... (she stands up) whAT THEH FUUFUUUFKKK IS THIS

Ok to be fair the cgi itself I'd say looks better than ex-arm and the actual premise seems to actually be barely interesting enough to watch- maybe.

To you guys who are actually for some reason going to go through with this and watch it all, godspeed.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 11, 2021 4:22 AM
Jul 2021
All I have to say is that when Botan appeared I got scared as hell, it was a jumpscare lol. Then also the fact that she was 100% 3D-looking and moving at more than 24fps.

TL;DR

The animation quality it's more funny than anything, and the story seems pretty good! I'm going to finish it
𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐'𝘮 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘵.
Oct 13, 2021 7:32 AM
May 2018
Not gonna say anything about the animation except that I've seen worse.

I like the main characters, their interactions will probably be what carries this show for me. This is watchable at least.

Getting weird Warehouse 13 vibes from this for some reason.

Oct 14, 2021 11:08 AM
Jul 2021
You know I came in with a particular expectation, but it's not as bad as that one creation from that action director who said he'd change the industry. (Which- Heck, mission accomplished?)

I'll have to admit I'm a glutton for some really bad shows/stories.
IDK why I do this to myself...

Jokes aside, it was okay... But, it baffles me on the implementation of CG with the 2D animation. It's like, oh no, they're doing the thing!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2021

17 by OweynLupton »»
Jun 5, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

12 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 29, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2021

13 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 26, 2:45 PM

» It's really sad

Ikutaayase - Dec 21, 2021

16 by MrPerfectOtaku »»
Mar 20, 2022 10:43 PM

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2021

23 by smoodflamez »»
Feb 8, 2022 4:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.