Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 19, 2021 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
Another great episode. Not as amazing as the first, but that's okay since I'm invested in the story and characters now. I like Ai's personality, I think it's great to see this more realistic representation of a "social recluse". People with a cheery personality can also be depressed, you know?
I hope it won't just be the egg monster of the week though.
OP and ED are nice.
Jan 19, 2021 10:08 AM
Dec 2019
It was nice seeing Ai talking with someone new, Neiru, they seems like they will be friends. Their conversation centered on saying what are they fighting for, in Ai's case she is fighting for Koito in order to possibly bring her back while Neiru is fighting for her sister.

The opening is beautiful, the song is great and the visuals are excellent.

Ai and Neiru decide on a schedule for buying eggs, Neiru will buy them in odd days while Ai in even days, it seems that buying them that way they can learn from each other experiences, eventhough Neiru said that it was because that way they won't have to see each other again, she gave Ai her contact info so that she can talk with her if she needs to.

Ai thinks that if the Egg doesn't break nothing bad will happen but unfortunately the Egg breaks because she falls to the ground near it. From the Egg a girl comes outside and the See No Evils appear.

The girl Minami Suzuhara was in the gymnastics club, the coach was an evil person who yelled at the class and had a bad conduct.

So running away doesn't solve anything, to save her friend Ai has to beat the Wonder Killer. That already tells us that we have a very active protagonist in the show, she will act in order to get closer to saving her friend and to help the people that come from the Eggs.

Minami's coach appears, The Wonder Killer is the form on the Egg's trauma, that means that they are what the people(egg) fear.

Koito time, i like their relationship, It seems that Ai and Koito passed time and were growing a friendship. She had a bad time though with the people that harrased her, she suffered violence in the school.

Suzuhara's coach was horrible, Minami's attitude towards her coach was that of submission, she accepted the treatment her coach gave her because she though that she was worthless but she isn't she is a very valuable person. Ai's pen is magical, it'a very cool that it can become a weapon.

That fight looked good. It was a really good fight, Minami was very useful in it and she was able to overcome her fear and help Ai defeat her trauma, her coach.

This time is Neiru the one that's in the hospital because she is desperate and buys a lot of eggs at a time, from now on she'll hopefully be moderate and do what's best to achieve her goal in a less harmful way for her.

I love this show, This was an excellent episode, the use of colour and the animation and the music, everything is perfect it's definitely my favorite of the season so far.
Jan 19, 2021 10:18 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Good ep.

Ai going in for another round of helping someone move on, this time in the form of helping a girl who was bullied by her gym teacher. The fight was pretty solid and I like Ai's guts to vent out her anger scream at the teacher that she's a bitch.

At the end, Ai finally makes a friend starting with Neiru. I'm intrigued to see how their friendship will develop overtime.

I'm looking forward to the next ep.

Jan 19, 2021 10:19 AM

Feb 2019
This anime is so visually stunning I never get tired looking at it.

Ai-chan has a new friend.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 19, 2021 10:33 AM
Nov 2019
This is one of the only anime this season where I’m actively waiting for the next episode.

Jan 19, 2021 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
It's an alright episode, though the lack of frames and weird utilization of 2D within typically CG framework in certain parts during the action scenes was kinda weird, ngl.

The premise at least from face value is much easier to understand this time around. Hilarious how Ai's weapon is practically a Keyblade, except it's more like a "PenBlade". Ai will likely have to make difficult decisions down the stretch that would obstruct her original objective to save her first friend.

The OP and ED are passable as soundtracks themselves, not really amazing by any means. Kinda wished their visuals used more creativity.

I'm still not sold on much here, but at least I don't need to worry about the production quality.
Jan 19, 2021 10:41 AM

Mar 2019
The OP is damn great. Especially showing all the real life places. Very great concept.

I guess everyone has somebody he/she wants to save...but even that we cannot be greedy...a lession for life.

I guess we all have so many questions unanswered yet, so let's just see how it continues.
Jan 19, 2021 10:43 AM

Aug 2016
My winter 2021 schedule is tight with 23 shows I want to follow, but so far it seems that this and Horimiya will turn into my favorites of the new ones and for some reason I see myself slacking off on the new seasons of other shows (especially some of my favorites).
This one looks great and gives me the feels, so I'm really looking forward to more of Ai's adventures, even though I feel like it'll be a darker show.
Jan 19, 2021 10:54 AM

Jan 2009
Groenboys said:
deg said:
the writer is known for doing dark stories with suicide, sexual assault and even incest https://twitter.com/AnimesocMegan/status/1351043079319539724
Thank you for linking that thread! Yeah, we are definitely in good hands here.

no problem and you can check this guy on twitter for translation of the staff comments of this anime https://twitter.com/FARfromani
Jan 19, 2021 11:02 AM

Jan 2011
I like this anime theme, really good
Jan 19, 2021 11:16 AM

Jan 2016
The first episode was better, but this was good too. I'm not sure I understand why Neiru wants to be friends with Ai tho
Jan 19, 2021 11:44 AM
Mar 2015
It is too bad that the girls she saves disappear in the end The injuries she receives are real
Jan 19, 2021 11:58 AM

May 2019
Lmao this was very similar to Persona 5. I'm pretty sure I've seen a creepy-ass shadow coach before. Very much like Kamoshida minus the sexual harassment. I could almost hear Blooming Villain playing in the background while Ai was fighting her. Even the paint that spreads on the floor under their feet when they walk is here as well.

Nevertheless a very nice episode. I still don't have much idea what's going on but it's still very fun. Also, this needs a thriller tag. It's more thrilling than most other thriller anime I've watched.

Those boobs tho... Truly a wtf moment.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 19, 2021 12:02 PM
Apr 2019
i really love this anime. love the message behind this show. honestly resonated so much with today’s episode, one of my teachers at college used to say “they pressurize us and behave rudely because they love us and this is supposed to be good for us”- and called it tough love. some teachers mentally abuse their students in the name of tough love and that isn’t talked about enough. really loved how this episode portrayed that!
Jan 19, 2021 12:11 PM

Jul 2020
Another interesting episode, I think I'm starting to get where this anime is heading towards. Gives me a few other anime vibe... like the Monogatari series or Bunny Girl Senpai along with Modoka Magica vibe

How in the first two they help people out with their issue and problems and I love all three of those series. So I'm freaking enjoying this anime right now! As we go into each new episode, we start to see the truth about her friend... what really happened? I'm super curious to know...

I feel like the ending is more like she can't save her friend or those people who are gone... but the 4 girls end up saving each other. That's just my guess right now... that we can't save those who are gone, but we can still save those who are here.

Jan 19, 2021 12:23 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
This anime is just so pretty to look at.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jan 19, 2021 12:23 PM

Nov 2016
I like it when there's a contrast between OP and ED.

Another nice episode and I would consider myself hooked. This really has potential and I'm interested to see what else these episodes will tackle and how dark this can get.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 19, 2021 12:32 PM

Feb 2018
The drama in this episode feels way too forced. It was worse than the first ep imo.
However, that directing is perfect and awesome animation is still here (sometimes it even feels like I'm watching a live-action movie instead of anime). Let's see how it will go.
Jan 19, 2021 12:33 PM

Jun 2019
I wish that it had a little more subtlety in regards to the trauma monsters and allowing for more interpretation. I like the idea of the monsters representing a different cause of trauma that leads teens to suicide, there is a lot of hard-hitting potential with that formula.

Also, I’m not sure when Ai became so sociable and outgoing between last episode and this one. I know the reason that the anime gives, but that sort of change in the character needed to be developed a little more. It feels too abrupt right now.
Jan 19, 2021 1:20 PM

Oct 2018
The visual quality makes me feel like I'm watching a Makoto Shinkai film. wtf.

Jan 19, 2021 2:25 PM

Oct 2020
the art style reminds me of SSSS.Gridman so much, good episode!
Jan 19, 2021 2:30 PM
Jun 2020
I’m confusion and don’t understand what’s going on but I’m loving this anime :)
Jan 19, 2021 2:31 PM

May 2010
"Wonder Egg Girl and her Trauma" of the week seems to be formula for the series. As long as we have progressions to the story, I'm fine with this.

Also, I want to know more about Acca and Ura-Acca. Why are these guys chillin' , doing business while the girls are endangering their lives?

Also, is it me or the series are shedding some light on mental health issues (e.g bullying, abusive mentoring) ?

Thoughts summarized here:

https://thatlazyfan.wixsite.com/anime/post/wonder-egg-priority-episode-2-thoughts
Jan 19, 2021 2:55 PM
Jan 2019
The hell I skipped out on this series but heard people talking about it so I watched ep 1,2. This is great. Suprised this is an anime original and how good it is. Good couple seasons for anime originals (akudama drive last season). This story has potential to have a very powerful emotional ending.
Jan 19, 2021 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
Alright, I have got a good idea of what the plot is about right now and its gotten my full attention. I am conflicted though, the Anime production looks great, stunning, mesmerizing at times, but the undertone is really dark as shown in this episode.

These traumatic events Ai has to solve for the person who gets out of those eggs, look absolutely horrifying. On that aspect, they do make these traumas traumatizing lol

Seems I am not the only one here, but there's definitely something shady that happened with Koito. Teacher preference huh, Yeah, I imagine things will be really dark later on in this show.
Jan 19, 2021 3:13 PM

Oct 2018
Great to see episode two also being high quality in almost every aspect. The only real criticism I can come up with is the fear that the series will turn out to be egg of the week until the final few episodes, all of which taking place in the same school with the same minion enemies. Even then I hope they can still pull it off and deliver entertainment.
Jan 19, 2021 4:03 PM
Jul 2017

I think it's worse than that.

I see it as the teacher abusing her over a period of time, and girls in the school with crushes on the teacher are misreading it as a "relationship" and bullying her on top of that. No wonder she had that dead-eyed stare. Poor girl was broken :(
Jan 19, 2021 4:09 PM
Dec 2019
All I can really say up to this point in the show is that it really does look beautiful.

I really enjoy Ai's design. Her different colored eyes, blue hair, and super cute yellow jacket mix for a perfect character design.

Intrigued about this show. Can't wait to start forming an opinion once I can get a grasp of what message this show sends me. Writing a review about this one is going to be awesome!
Jan 19, 2021 4:14 PM

Dec 2018
From what I was able to understand it seems that Koito was abused not only by other students but also by a teacher (the scene at 18min 35 secs kinda implies that) now I dont know if it is the same teacher that goes to Ootos house but if it is that would explain why she seems to be so unconfortable around him but I dont think he is the same one because Ooto specifically said she does not hate him so this leads me to believe that she just distrusts teachers in general after what she saw Koito going through.
At this point it is pretty much confirmed (if last episode was not enough) that the people she finds inside the eggs are already dead and are a "statue in another world" like Koito and probably killed themselves like Koito.

My final theory is that this is probably either Ooto allucinating as a result of all the trauma and the fact that she wants to overcome it or not only Ooto but also Neiru and probably the other 2 main characters that are yet to appear are suffering from some kind of mass hysteria caused by their respective trauma.
HistoricalMaizeJan 19, 2021 4:18 PM
Jan 19, 2021 4:54 PM
Dec 2019
wtf this show is so good i didnt expect this at all
Jan 19, 2021 4:56 PM

Feb 2015
Another great episode! :)
I wouldn't mind if this show kept the egg-of-the-week concept at all, as long was the main plot moves along too tbh.

I'm not sure why everyone is already jumping to conclusions and accusing the teacher of something evil tho. It is definitely a possibility, sure, but we haven't been shown anything like that yet. He was just nice to Koito as far as we know. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But we'll see.

Edit: Persona 5 didn't invent evil teachers/coaches btw :x
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 19, 2021 5:06 PM

Jan 2018
NewYearSameMe said:

Wait, did Koito get raped or bullied by a teacher or something...
deg said:
so ye Koito must have been sexually assaulted by her teacher then she committed suicide

It might end up being the case, but I think it's reading in a little to far at the moment with the current context clues. The flash backs seemed to depict that she was being bullied, tried to get it caught on camera with Ai's help, whom messed up because she was scared, and the presumably tried to address it but maybe fell on def ears or she had no proof. There is really no context here about sexual assault from the teacher (from other girls bullying her, far more likely). Context seemed more like she tried to do something about the bullying, and it failed.

HistoricalMaize said:
From what I was able to understand it seems that Koito was abused not only by other students but also by a teacher (the scene at 18min 35 secs kinda implies that) now I dont know if it is the same teacher that goes to Ootos house but if it is that would explain why she seems to be so unconfortable around him but I dont think he is the same one because Ooto specifically said she does not hate him so this leads me to believe that she just distrusts teachers in general after what she saw Koito going through.

It could be the same teacher. If he simply didn't do anything when she tried to address her being bullied to him, he may be invested in Ai due to feeling of having not done anything for one student, and ending up with his student committing suicide. Ai may not hate him, because she too feel like she did nothing and let her friend commit suicide because she was too scared to help.
IBloodstormIJan 19, 2021 5:13 PM
Jan 19, 2021 5:21 PM
Jun 2020
This anime is visually beautiful, I didn't see a mix of CGI in the background and 2D in characters, since the Kizumonogatari movies. If the plot gets more interesting than what it already is, it's probably one of the hidden gems of the season.
Jan 19, 2021 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
i Said it last week this show has a oddly upbeat tone to it despite the themes involved and mix that with it's pleasant visuals but also creepy dream killers i can't not shake off the feeling of it going much darker later not to mention how real the danger is to them ,every time Ai gets hurt i'm like how badly is she gonna be injured when she gets back

closet thing i can think of with comparing this is persona

from what we can gathered it seems things might've been far worse for Koito and with no one to help
Jan 19, 2021 6:03 PM
Dec 2020
This episode wasn’t that good or maybe I just didn’t like the gymnastics girl. Her trauma wasn’t really interesting at all. The boob monster also felt unnecessary
Jan 19, 2021 6:06 PM

Sep 2020
What's the point of this anime?
I don't saying it's not good. I liked it, but... I don't get it
Jan 19, 2021 6:41 PM

Apr 2020
Another very good episode. This time we got an Egg who got abused by her P.E. Coach. Thankfully, Ai had the gut to protect her to the end. Also her and Neiru are now friends.
Jan 19, 2021 6:41 PM
Mar 2018
Lelouch0202 said:

I do have one question, what happened to Ai's injuries? In the previous episode the stab affected her in the real world but here she seems to be fine. I wonder if it's because she helped the person in the egg overcome the trauma she doesn't take any damage?

When Ai is watching the doctors take Neiru in, we can see that Ai has a neck brace on. I think that they didn't show her other injuries because we already know that the injuries transfer, so there was not that much of a point to make it as big of a deal.
Jan 19, 2021 7:11 PM
Apr 2018
Koreofpacks said:
Lelouch0202 said:

I do have one question, what happened to Ai's injuries? In the previous episode the stab affected her in the real world but here she seems to be fine. I wonder if it's because she helped the person in the egg overcome the trauma she doesn't take any damage?

When Ai is watching the doctors take Neiru in, we can see that Ai has a neck brace on. I think that they didn't show her other injuries because we already know that the injuries transfer, so there was not that much of a point to make it as big of a deal.

Yeah, I mean, Ai was in hospital due to her injuries.. the fact that she saw Neiru being wheeled in was more like a coincidence.
Jan 19, 2021 7:25 PM

Aug 2011
niko_sb said:
What's the point of this anime?
I don't saying it's not good. I liked it, but... I don't get it

Same I'm also don't get it but it interesting to watch how it going.
Jan 19, 2021 8:03 PM

Jul 2020
Didn't expect that calming OP. Really liked it, both the song and the direction.

Another solid episode. Imagine if you have the same situation with the abused gymnast (or any other harassed character), this would be really painful to watch. To let your situation presented out in the open.

I accept random friend requests!
Jan 19, 2021 8:05 PM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic episode, Ai is definitely trying to change, she's trying to become stronger compared to how weak willed she was. I saw a comment that Koito will be one of the eggs eventually and I think that's very likely to happen and I can't wait for it. Koito was definitely acting strong in front of Ai, but she couldn't take the abuse anymore.

That acid boob coach be nasty though, it's sad that that actually happens. Where you put too much expectations on someone to the point of abuse.

I guess we kind of know what the purpose of those eggs are? Though we don't know exactly what they are and who that guy talking to Ai is. Really looking forward to the next episode, I really hope this show succeeds.
Jan 19, 2021 8:08 PM

Oct 2010
Wakabayashi Shin (ep1 director) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yamazaki Yuuta (ep2 director)
They both pro but so different in approach.
Jan 19, 2021 8:24 PM

Dec 2020
I enjoy the backstory unvealing the past slowly, and meeting new friend Neiru is moving nicely in this episode.

But the battle with Wonder Killer felt nothing special, as well the backstory of the egg felt bit too fast to get sympathy out of it. Understandably egg wonders are temporary cases to be solved asap, so prioritizing the backstory and Neiru has to be higher in a 23 mins episode.
Jan 19, 2021 8:34 PM
May 2020
The plot seems getting more obvious, the "dementia" part also not really that confusing after understanding some things. I guess this episode was intended to explain on a general scale what is this and that. Though not that surprising as first episode, i still love this.
The OP is unexpectedly calm, but honestly it fits the most with this anime. And so i love the ED as well.

Wait, i have to wait another week?
Jan 19, 2021 8:38 PM

Feb 2008
I'm watching this series with a bit of mixed feelings. On one hand the visuals are very well done and the story is really captivating. It's a very bright light in what I thought was going to be a very dull winter anime season. Yet, on the other hand, it shines a spotlight on how, as adults, the issues get framed in a narrative and we're unable to affect their outcome. As someone who has students in the age bracket of the characters in this series, this show stings a bit...
Jan 19, 2021 9:08 PM

Sep 2020
It's just two episode and the bulling have gone this far I don't think I can handle any more.....

I really feel so bad for koito, man I am depressed, need to watch some Ghibli movies to recover myself
Jan 19, 2021 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
Considering how eager and careless Ai was acting, I was totally expecting things to go horribly wrong with Minami. Thankfully, that wasn't the case this time.

Another interesting episode. Guess Ai and Neiru are basically helping dead people overcome their traumas so in this regard, I wouldn't be surprised if Koito shows up at some point. Her getting bullied because of supposedly "preferential treatment" given by her teacher already set an alarm for me so I wonder if we will be adding "sexual assault/molestation" to this show's trauma mix. It wouldn't be the first time the script-writer addresses this topic after all.

I'm also really interested in this Neiru girl. Looking forward to knowing more about her and the story behind her sister's death.
SouthRzVaJan 19, 2021 9:16 PM
Jan 19, 2021 10:03 PM
Sep 2020
Lelouch0202 said:
This is great, really liking it.

The story seems interesting, so they need to help the person in the egg overcome their trauma. My guess is that they are helping dead people overcome their trauma, I wonder if that means at some point we'll see them meet Koito inside the egg?

Action scenes are quite nice, the art is great and the animation is good too. The soundtrack really stands out though, has a very classy feel to it.

So Neiru tried to take on multiple at the same time and ended up injured, she definitely bit of more than she could chew there. The final scene with Neiru and Ai becoming friends was great especially when Neiru smiled. :)

I am pretty sure she did sustain the injuries in the real world, the first time it shows her in the hospital it looked like she had a neck brace on, though that could be part of her clothes and i just saw it wrong.

NewYearSameMe said:
Was this episode directed by the same director from episode one? Or is it a different director?
Not to say this was a bad episode, this was good, but this had a different kind of vibe pacing to it. Maybe it is just me...

Wait, did Koito get raped or bullied by a teacher or something...
I think the pacing was just different because the first episode was there to show us the characters her motivations and too hook the viewer and thats why the pacing in the first episode was different than this episode. Also if you are talking about the scene where ai is in the locker i believe she was getting harrased by fellow female students but i could be wrong.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJan 20, 2021 12:33 PM
Jan 19, 2021 10:21 PM

Dec 2013
That was a messed up gymnastics teacher.

At least those two are starting to become friends at the end.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

412 by thatgirluwu »»
May 30, 4:40 PM

» 2nd season ?

Aritra_Choudhuri - May 11, 2022

23 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

302 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

364 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

170 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.