Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2020 1:03 PM

Dec 2015
biswa290701 said:

Now that we are done with all the question arcs then we have got all the bits of the puzzle and we can finally form our theories of what exactly happened in this new loop of events. Oh boy can't wait to find all the answers.

Nekodamashi-hen doesn't seem like an answer arc honestly so don't get your hopes up expecting answers then we get more questions.
Dec 24, 2020 1:05 PM

Jul 2008
gokturksm said:

Rena did not say Oishi did kill them all. She just said "he had his gun drawn".

Watching it back you are right, it's left vague as to exactly how any specific person was killed/died.

Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
Gar_Logan said:

I've been watching a lot of youtube theories about this season, and one theory that has come up many times is that Hinamizawa Syndrome might not exist in Gou. (Not exactly sure how that would work, but it definitely hasn't been presented in the same way as past series).

Theory from this timestamp

I agree it isn't the strongest theory based on having characters scratch their throats and go crazy so far, but it's still interesting I think!
Gar_LoganDec 24, 2020 1:10 PM
Dec 24, 2020 1:06 PM

Apr 2019
andddd that marks the halfway mark.

So much happened this episode, from satoko being freed to her uncle and all of Keiichi's friends (save for rika) killed. Well, serves the uncle right. Get fucked lmao.

We didnt get to see the barge in on the hojou residence this time. Probably so they could have the ending scene with Keiichi and Teppei beating the shit out of each other...

What a fun watanagashi this year!

Dec 24, 2020 1:08 PM
Jan 2019
My god this Arc was boring as hell. Really disappointed with GOU for now, only 3 or 4 episodes felt right to me.
Dec 24, 2020 1:10 PM
Oct 2020
ukagaka said:
Genuinely irrelevant concern but seeing Rena in a long-sleeved version of her uniform makes me wonder how long K1 was out for.
Long enough for it to start getting cold in Hinamizawa?

If you look at the trees, it looks like it's already late autumn. The main events take place in June. Hmm...
Dec 24, 2020 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
No idea what is going on anymore

Execution and animation are pretty bad tho.
Dec 24, 2020 1:26 PM

Jul 2014
Anyway, the only thing that is consistent through these arcs is the fact that Keiichi always survives, and he's ALWAYS not presented when shit goes down and everyone dies.
Dec 24, 2020 1:32 PM
Nov 2020
ssjokg said:
Were the two Sonozakis that appeared at least mentioned in the VNs?

If you mean the politician and the lawyer then yes.
Dec 24, 2020 2:03 PM

Sep 2018
Truly losing it about this one, lads.

Can't disagree more with the "oh this arc was boring" lamentations though, I feel the same way about people who said that of Minagoroshi. I don't mean to sound pretentious, but I think if that's your viewpoint you don't really like what Higurashi is actually about, just the shock value of it all. Higurashi as a story has fundamentally always been about the exact types of themes Minagoroshi dwells on. If the CWS stuff comes across as boring or uneventful to you, that's your taste and that's fine, but that's Higurashi. To expect it to have less of that heart is to expect it to be a completely different story. At which point you might as well just watch something else.
Dec 24, 2020 2:16 PM
Apr 2020
Well, that just happened.

Some people have a weird theory, but I disagree with it.

Dec 24, 2020 3:08 PM
Jul 2017
Not gonna lie, this is has clearly shown itself to not be newcomer friendly. Most of my enjoyment of the anime so far has come from knowing the characters and their happenstances in the OG arcs compared to this one, rather than this anime as a standalone. The DEEN Satoko arc scarred an 8-year old me ages ago, so Higurashi holds a special place in my heart but I can see how someone seeing this season of Higurashi for the first time would be underwhelmed.

As for the episode itself, the L5(?) Ooishi blew me away as the mysteries pile up. Nekodamashi-hen implies the next arc will also be a question arc. Will we see the Answer arcs in another season like the OG? We'll just have to wait and see.
Dec 24, 2020 3:09 PM
Mar 2016
Mixed feelings on this series. All of it is just remake arc but with a twist ending. But anyone who watched Kai knew this arc would end up with everyone dying so it's not that upsetting.

The oversaturation of blood is really confusing and makes any scene with violence look goofy and comedic.

What confuses me most is; if everyone got gunned down during the festival who tf went to Satoko's house and found Keiichi?
Dec 24, 2020 3:15 PM

Apr 2009
Devil_Slayer said:
Anyway, the only thing that is consistent through these arcs is the fact that Keiichi always survives, and he's ALWAYS not presented when shit goes down and everyone dies.

Looks more like budget cuts.
Dec 24, 2020 3:25 PM

Aug 2014
jTiKey said:
AHAHAHA the fuck
This was the most absurd ending yet. Keichi killed the uncle after being hit with a bat to the head? Was the original this bad too? Each arc just tops the previous one with the awfulness.

You need to doubt about everything what happens when the red filter appears.

All of this happens on the meta world and not the "real world".
Dec 24, 2020 3:32 PM

Jul 2008
DCEmperor said:

Some people have a weird theory, but I disagree with it.

The version of this theory I've seen, which also seems not really feasible is

Dec 24, 2020 3:33 PM

Oct 2009
ovy7 said:
After reading other's comments and thinking about it, I think that Keiichi got his on his head by one of Satoko's traps that went wrong. The entire fight with Teppei was an hallucination, but not from K1, but from Satoko.

That was also my first thought when the scene happened.

But with Oishi going crazy, I have no idea how that fits into the big picture. I'll probably need some time to digest this arc.

We still have too little info to solve the mystery though. What happened to Takano, Irie, and Tomitake in this arc for example?
Dec 24, 2020 3:47 PM
Apr 2016
So what do you think actually had happened?

I think we can be sure of few things this time around:
- Keichi went over to Satoko's house (either alone or with Satoko) and stayed there
- Someone spilled their blood there (Probably Keichi, since he ended up at hospital)
- Onishi killed Satoko, Shion, Mion and Rika at the festival (if Rena is telling true and didn't go nuts already)

Here's what I think:
- There was no uncle at Satoko's house (Notice there were 2 colours of blood - I'm 100% sure one of them was fictional and the other one real -> Belonging most likely to Keichi)
- Satoko bludgeoned Keichi (Because she didn't do something she should have, if you know what I mean)
- OR Keichi bludgeoned Onishi that showed up at Satoko's house, took his gun and killed his classmates -> But that would mean Rena went nuts
Dec 24, 2020 3:55 PM

Jun 2020
And here I thought that it was gonna be a happy ending but instead we got Satoko's uncle hitting Maebara with a baseball bat soon Maebara steal the baseball bat and beat the hell out of Satoko's uncle and everyone died.

gnze796 said:
This arc was trash, they wasted so many useless episodes on that.

Well you hadn't watch the original so fuck your opinion.
Dec 24, 2020 3:59 PM
Apr 2020
Gar_Logan said:

Supposedly, the one
Dec 24, 2020 4:02 PM

Jul 2008
DCEmperor said:
Gar_Logan said:

Supposedly, the one

TBH the best answer to that would just be to say "play umineko" which is why I'm skeptical about all of these theories. It wouldn't be Higurashi anymore if they actually bring in those sorts of characters/elements.
Dec 24, 2020 4:46 PM

Aug 2019
This outcome was so much amazing for someone who remembers a detail from Tatarigoroshi, since it took so long for anything to happen, I didn't think there would be any Tatarigoroshi references anymore.

Ooishi was sus as fuck, it was already expected that he would get the curse in the end and do a massacre. Rena seems as twisted as Keiichi, so that can't be taken as absolute truth of what happened. I didn't expect Teppei to be liberated and to bash Keiichi's head back, again, we can't assume that's exactly what happened. Still, it was extremely satisfying to see Teppei getting his miserable existence denied anytime, no matter how bad is the quality of Gou's animation.

But what really excited me, I'll put in spoiler tags, since maybe someone is rewatching or reading the novel.

I really wished they didn't adopt this format of revealing all the shit happening in the last episode, Tatarigoroshi's counterpart could be a lot more explored in depth.
rafaelfserafimDec 24, 2020 5:37 PM
Dec 24, 2020 4:46 PM

Aug 2018
Hmm the murders aren’t making much sense unless Ooishi has come down with HS which makes basically no sense.
Dec 24, 2020 5:46 PM

Oct 2010
Wait.. Those images in the credits...That bastard raped Satoko?!
Dec 24, 2020 5:50 PM

Apr 2009
kofmaster said:
jTiKey said:
AHAHAHA the fuck
This was the most absurd ending yet. Keichi killed the uncle after being hit with a bat to the head? Was the original this bad too? Each arc just tops the previous one with the awfulness.

Wrong No Naku Koro Ni.
Dec 24, 2020 5:50 PM

May 2020
Well that was one hilarious bat bashing scene. I swear, whenever this show tries to be scary, I end up laughing instead.
Dec 24, 2020 6:20 PM
Jun 2017
THIS IS THE REASON WHY I AM WATCHING THIS ONE... TWIST.. TWIST AND TWIST EVERYWHERE..
Dec 24, 2020 6:34 PM

Aug 2014
jTiKey said:
kofmaster said:

Wrong No Naku Koro Ni.

Both Umineko and Higurashi uses that resource.

Higurashi use the

I'm at least 80% convinced that the uncle was never there.
kofmasterDec 24, 2020 6:42 PM
Dec 24, 2020 6:59 PM

Dec 2010
I was expecting a bad ending somewhere because good endings are not Higurashi's thing.
I think the next arc nekodamashi could be the blonde lady this time or is it too early for her?

I really liked this episode. I don't know why a lot don't like it.

ibraheem234 said:
what the heck everyone died again... why though

HAHAHAHA. Welcome to Higurashi.
Dec 24, 2020 7:25 PM

Mar 2014
K1 is sure the toughest guy in this series.
anyways i think this whole thing was all set up by yandere satoko.
Dec 24, 2020 7:26 PM

Jun 2012
That bat scene looked extremely painful. Great sound and reaction from Keichi.
What? Oishi just up and pulled a gun and murdered everyone? And we are not even given a single hint as to why?
Shoot first, think never.
Dec 24, 2020 7:58 PM

Apr 2009
Kakeras said:
Truly losing it about this one, lads.

Can't disagree more with the "oh this arc was boring" lamentations though, I feel the same way about people who said that of Minagoroshi. I don't mean to sound pretentious, but I think if that's your viewpoint you don't really like what Higurashi is actually about, just the shock value of it all. Higurashi as a story has fundamentally always been about the exact types of themes Minagoroshi dwells on. If the CWS stuff comes across as boring or uneventful to you, that's your taste and that's fine, but that's Higurashi. To expect it to have less of that heart is to expect it to be a completely different story. At which point you might as well just watch something else.

This isn't Minagoroshi. Minagoroshi was the 7th episode of the novel, it was the episode told from on the most interesting point of views, that revealed many things about the true nature of the story and it was the episode where all the previous episodes set-ups, plot points and characterization elements all came together.

This is a pseudo sequel set-up arc where 90% of the scenes are the same and the story is Minagoroshi on speedrun but without all the interesting stuff and pay offs from all the set-ups (Why would anyone give a shit about Shion's reactions for example without Maekashi?) and Passione's weak direction and atmosphere.

You can't just copy-paste Minagoroshi's script in a sequel and expect people to find it interesting.
Jin_uzukiDec 24, 2020 8:15 PM

Dec 24, 2020 8:16 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
I expect that thing would come, and yes it is. But, it exceeded my expectation.

Damn....that was so depressing.

5/5 episode
Dec 24, 2020 8:33 PM

Oct 2017
Worst of arc of the series till now. Except the gore ending expected of Higurashi everything else was trash.
Dec 24, 2020 8:58 PM

Jan 2013
Not gonna lie, they definitely had us in the first part xD It was obvious that something would happen, but out of everything i would never expect Ooishi to do that, but i guess we will find out in the next episodes.

After so much work from everyone, in the end, the only way to solve Satoko's problem was to beat the shit out of her uncle. But tbh i was expecting Satoko to at least go there and hug him, but damn...

Since most of them are dead i wonder if we will restart in the next episode, probably not at the beginning, since we need to know what happened.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 24, 2020 9:26 PM

Jan 2016
From Satoko shower scene we can see that Satoko was never abused, her body was clean.

the previous episodes where she barfed in school confirm that her uncle was right, Satoko was sick and she uses that opportunity to make it seem like she's abused

Teppei (her uncle) is innocent. Satoko was trying to frame him the whole time. Keichi never met Teppei at the end of the episode, that was Satoko traps hitting his head and hallucinating. The part where Ooishi killed club members is probably bullshit too.

Remember when Ooishi said "Maebara Keichi genuinely believes he's doing to right thing" That should be a hint.
forexjammerDec 24, 2020 9:30 PM
Dec 24, 2020 9:28 PM

Feb 2014
All was going too damn well past few episodes. But I knew something was gonna happen soon.
The phone call from Satoko? Saved.

The door bell at Satoko's house? Saved.

No one going missing during the festival? Saved.

Ni Nii? Saved. Enter house with no lights? SUS.

Satoko leading K1 inside? SUS.

Teppei outta nowhere? YABAI DESU NE~

Everybody at the festival killed by Ooishi? WHAT THE HECK?????
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 24, 2020 9:30 PM

Feb 2014
forexjammer said:
From Satoko shower scene we can see that Satoko was never abused, her body was clean.

the previous episodes where she barfed in school confirm that her uncle was right, Satoko was sick and she uses that opportunity to make it seem like she's abused

Teppei (her uncle) is innocent. Satoko was trying to frame him the whole time. Keichi never met Teppei at the end of the episode, that was Satoko traps hitting his head and hallucinating. The part where Oishi killed club members is probably bullshit too.

BUT WHY THOUGH? What really happened?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 24, 2020 9:49 PM
Jun 2020
Does anyone has an idea about what was the item Satoko wants to give to K1? She was shy about it.

Maybe it's that bear toy we see in Op/Ed?
Dec 24, 2020 10:41 PM

Oct 2015
That fight scared me, but it was a good gory scene. I knew something was going to happen, but damn. Keiichi this time not remembering anything and Rena telling the truth of why everyone is gone. Truth being Ooishi killed everyone and Rena was left to remember everything.
SweetheadDec 24, 2020 10:45 PM
Dec 24, 2020 11:19 PM

Dec 2020
OMG, as soon as Satoko called Keiichi, I was on high alert, hairs on my neck sticking straight up, just shaking my head waiting for something to happen. The suspense was perfect from that point on.

I did not expect it to turn out like this, though. It definitely seemed like something was up with Satoko but it was Ooishi the whole time. He's the broken rule messing everything up. Kinda sus that Teppei was there, though. He could have been let go but the way Satoko specifically said they would be holding him a long time and she's our only source of information on that point... It's possible Ooishi did take him away and then let him go. Hmmm...

Whew, what a ride so far. Looking forward to the next season.

@ anyone expecting a happy ending at the end of the first cour out of two: lol

Minadamashi doesn't mean the audience was deceived. It means the townspeople were deceived. The shower scene with Satoko shows no signs of abuse. The whole arc was a deception that affected the entire town. Satoko was honestly surprised to see her uncle at the end, though, and she ran straight to the festival just as Ooishi started shooting the place up so I can't really say whether she's pulling the strings or just a pawn.

Gar_Logan said:
gokturksm said:

Rena did not say Oishi did kill them all. She just said "he had his gun drawn".

Watching it back you are right, it's left vague as to exactly how any specific person was killed/died.
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Theory from this timestamp
I agree it isn't the strongest theory based on having characters scratch their throats and go crazy so far, but it's still interesting I think!

Rena didn't kill K1 in Onidamashi, he lived. He was also stabbed with the same knife that stabbed Rika and Satoko to death so it might not have even been Rena that stabbed him. Rika gave Rena the "all clear" when she told K1 to trust Rena and not himself so she most likely wasn't infected. She didn't have any scratch marks at the end of the episode, either.

I dunno. HS does seem to be kicking around but people seem to die before it goes full L5. That does make sense if someone is messing around with the rules behind the scenes.
SilentCaayDec 24, 2020 11:47 PM
Dec 25, 2020 12:26 AM
Jun 2016
SaltyMeow said:
Does anyone has an idea about what was the item Satoko wants to give to K1? She was shy about it.

Maybe it's that bear toy we see in Op/Ed?

I suspect it was the baseball bat...
Dec 25, 2020 1:27 AM
Dec 2017
So, what exactly happened at the end?
Did Kuraudo let Teppei escape to get some kind of revenge on Keichi, or did he escape by himself and Kuraudo killed all those people on his own?
Dec 25, 2020 1:34 AM
Jan 2020
forexjammer said:

Teppei (her uncle) is innocent. Satoko was trying to frame him the whole time. Keichi never met Teppei at the end of the episode, that was Satoko traps hitting his head and hallucinating. The part where Ooishi killed club members is probably bullshit too.

Remember when Ooishi said "Maebara Keichi genuinely believes he's doing to right thing" That should be a hint.

Now that you're mentioned it, Satoko might actually be in act. But for what purpose?
Dec 25, 2020 3:11 AM

Dec 2020
Satoko is definitely sus but Ooishi is, too. There's no reason to doubt Rena's testimony at the end.

Also, while I do think it's very possible that what we saw in Satoko's house at the end didn't really happen that way, I don't think it was a Satoko trap. Delusions in Higurashi are usually like see a thing slightly differently or hear a person incorrectly. It's not usually see an entire person that isn't there. (There's an exception where HS sufferers will hear someone/Oyashiro-sama following them but this was completely different.) If K1 saw a person, it was most likely a person.

At first I was thinking Ooishi but he couldn't have ended up dead on the floor of Satoko's house if he later shot up the festival. Alternatively, he wasn't dead and he followed Satoko to the festival which is where he ended up killing everyone. It's also possible that it wasn't a delusion and Ooishi simply let Teppei loose shortly after arresting him.
Dec 25, 2020 4:20 AM
Oct 2013
My theory is that
Dec 25, 2020 4:26 AM

Mar 2015
Wtf just happened here... I WANT ANSWERS
Dec 25, 2020 5:35 AM
Dec 2020
I think in this arch, oishi let the satoko uncle escape and oishi themself is doing murder because he got hallucination sick L5 like satoshi, because in this scene there's no meeting oishi with sonozaki family in funeral, so when the grandfather instead come to departmen, oishi hatred pile up, and that making oishi mad of sindrom hinamizawa, he can't control his emosion anymore and lead this happen, so in this scene oishi problem must be solved before
Dec 25, 2020 5:40 AM

Dec 2015
We got 2 pictures from Nekodamashi today, from a Higu livestream

Seems like it'll probably focus on Rika (or maybe it's just a small scene like episode 2)
Tsukumo_YuumaDec 25, 2020 6:10 AM
Dec 25, 2020 6:00 AM

Apr 2009
kofmaster said:
jTiKey said:

Wrong No Naku Koro Ni.

Both Umineko and Higurashi uses that resource.

Higurashi use the

I'm at least 80% convinced that the uncle was never there.

You can say that about the first arc where Keiichi is unreliable but not for the other arcs. It's very lazy writing to justify every plot hole with "You cannot trust what you see"
Dec 25, 2020 6:12 AM

Dec 2015
jTiKey said:

You can say that about the first arc where Keiichi is unreliable but not for the other arcs. It's very lazy writing to justify every plot hole with "You cannot trust what you see"

"plot hole"
what?
if you'll consider everything you can't solve/explain a plot hole then the OG question arcs are full of them lmao
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.