Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 6, 2020 10:22 PM
Apr 2019
It’s amazing how the best episode feels like a best episode when no Gahama chan is involved!! Haha

By the way, focus on preview guys, Gahama chan hasn’t given up, she is going to make a triumph return now that Yukino is crying.
Aug 6, 2020 11:29 PM

Aug 2014
i just dont see what Hachiman sees in Yukinon
Aug 7, 2020 12:24 AM

Jan 2020
Another great episode to say the least. Instead of fighting beside Yukino, Hachiman is going to fight against Yukino, which is an admirable move I would say. I'm really excited for the next episode. And for all the Hiratsuka x Hachiman shippers, there's still hope left for you I guess.

5/5
Aug 7, 2020 1:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A showdown were the winner can do a request to the loser, does that mean we'll have some major romantic development soon? That sounds great, and after Yui it's Yukino's turn to cry at the end of the episode
Aug 7, 2020 2:01 AM

Aug 2018
Super Great Ep!

Why?

Because the anime go back to its roots from season 1 when Yukinoshita and Hachiman always clashing their ideas from one another.

Thats pretty smart proposal from Hachiman , i didnt think about it while watchin this ep

What a waste of Hachiman X Yukinon moment,Iroha was there xD

At least we got more screentime and punching from the best sensei !
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Aug 7, 2020 2:59 AM

Nov 2017
O kawaii koto 8man!!

Aug 7, 2020 3:04 AM
Nov 2018
im sad that sensei is leaving,, on the bright side, of course she'll leave with a cool note: making prom happen. yukinon is... feeling things??? also, yui wasn't here. irohas' confession note, hmm.. ALSO, WE'LL SEE TOTSUKA NEXT EP
Aug 7, 2020 3:07 AM
Jun 2020
--tsukuyomi-- said:
Is it just me or did this episode have some serious harem vibes? Yui at the beginning (following up from 8man's perspective of the last episode's heartbreaking scene), Hiratsuka-sensei pleading for him to take her (jokingly), Iroha playing the tough role of testing his reasons and then realizing he wants him to take responsibility for her feelings, and then Yukino. The ice queen that 8man has slowly worked to melt away the coldness and do his utmost to relieve her stress as he can, even if it wasn't what she wanted.

"This is a confession. That, or a lover's quarrel, or maybe a breakup. Having to listen to it right next to them, I felt like an idiot."
Nope, Hachiman only thinks of Yukino, nody else in his mind, nope nope nope nope. Its not a harem, if the characters have a reason to like/love the MC, ergo, it is not a harem, and MC aint dumb, AND he only has on one person.

There, I dissaproved your point, never make this mistake again..
But yeah, its not a harem.
Aug 7, 2020 3:12 AM
Jun 2020
ooo333 said:
Prob because season 1 didnt show all the cute moments between yukino amd hachiman, only showed yui's...
Aug 7, 2020 3:16 AM
Jun 2020
KittenBuns1 said:
Never liked Yukino, but it seems she's endgame. And all of my favorite characters are getting heartbroken. Let's see how the rest of the season goes.

Damn you season 1 for removing almost every Hachiyuki scene, aaahhhhh, but if you wanna see how good she is, read the novel, so many hachiyuki moments left out between season 1
Aug 7, 2020 4:02 AM

Jan 2016
Of course Hikigaya wants the Maxis Coffee, his favorite. He won't ever give up on Yukino.

He will do a little competition between him and Yukino. Poor Yui just watching them flirt in an aggressive way.

Was Yukino crying in the end or was it just the eye drops?

It seems like the whole season will be about this prom and at the end probably he is going to choose the one by inviting her to the prom dance.
Aug 7, 2020 5:30 AM

Jul 2014
I cannot for the life of me see how Iroha jumped to the conclusion that Hachiman's conversation with Yukino was a confession/lover's quarrel. What I see is Yukino being stubborn and trying to cut off her friends because Haruno has instilled in her a fear of being codependent. But that doesn't mean she has to cut them off completely, and that response more than anything shows her immaturity: as Hachiman said, they just need to figure out another method to avoid that happening again.

So, if anything, that conversation was a clash of ideals and a clash of methods leading to the showdown, while Iroha's monologue feels entirely forced from the author to keep the romance flowing and take her out of the picture. And even if the conversation could be read that way (besides the incredibly tacky "I'll save you" line from Hachiman, which also runs entirely counter to the move away from co-dependency that this season is pushing), can anyone seriously imagine Iroha reacting the way she does? It's absurdly out of character for her.

Also, if Yukino is so scared of relying too much on Hachiman as to keep refusing his requests to help out, how is that going to change to make their relationship happen (as it is very blatantly going to, given the systematic way this show is removing the other candidates from the picture)?
AtavisticAug 7, 2020 5:39 AM
Aug 7, 2020 5:31 AM

Aug 2014
A_G_N said:
ooo333 said:
Prob because season 1 didnt show all the cute moments between yukino amd hachiman, only showed yui's...

Sadly, the only time the anime has showed us cute feminine Yukino moments its when she likes those dolls and cats. Thats about it.
Aug 7, 2020 6:10 AM
May 2014
5 episodes and anime is still boring
Aug 7, 2020 6:45 AM

Feb 2014
How could I not award Hiratsuki the MVP of the episode with her excellent talk with Hachiman? Not only did she show her full support with Hachiman's main plan, but the way that she went into puppy eyes mode and begged at Hachiman was pure awesomeness!

So don't worry, Hiratsuki. If you need someone to marry a beauty like yourself, give me a call! XD

Either way, the episode didn't waste time in getting into the serious conversations, with Hachiman and Iroha having their talk first before they eventually went into the council room, where Yukino was busy trying her best with her own plans.

Hachiman really nailed it in this scene as he declared to Yukino that he would save her. Not only that, but he also challenged her to she whether her plan or his own plan to save the school prom would win, which coupled with the flashback to when Hiratsuki helped to set up the service club between Hachiman and Yukino, it brought back some nostalgic memories to say the least. =)

What caught my most attention was Iroha's monologue, though. She's right to say that Hachiman's declaration of saving Yukino looked more like a confession of love and you can see how it irritated her. She might have a bubbly personality, but she can be razor sharp with her judgement when she wants to and her analysis of Hachiman and Yukino's battle and her internal struggle and slight jealousy really shows how human she is. I like Iroha more than ever before thanks to this scene. =D

This was a great episode overall. This one filled me with hope compared how the previous episode felt like the definition of despair. Now that Hachiman and Yukino will battle to try to make their ideas work, it's given me more hope that the plan to save the prom will work and for them to get one over Yukino's mother, the PTO as well as Haruno. I can only hope this'll work out...
Aug 7, 2020 7:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
--tsukuyomi-- said:
Is it just me or did this episode have some serious harem vibes? Yui at the beginning (following up from 8man's perspective of the last episode's heartbreaking scene), Hiratsuka-sensei pleading for him to take her (jokingly), Iroha playing the tough role of testing his reasons and then realizing he wants him to take responsibility for her feelings, and then Yukino. The ice queen that 8man has slowly worked to melt away the coldness and do his utmost to relieve her stress as he can, even if it wasn't what she wanted.

"This is a confession. That, or a lover's quarrel, or maybe a breakup. Having to listen to it right next to them, I felt like an idiot."

It might have the vibes but Yui is really the only one that surely has romantic feelings for Hachiman besides Yukino. Iroha has more than passing interest, but she's so slippery that we cannot be sure of how she feels.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 7, 2020 7:50 AM

Mar 2014
-Hentai said:
5 episodes and anime is still boring

5th episode already and except this school prom I have no idea what's going on.
Aug 7, 2020 7:56 AM
Apr 2018
Farabeuf said:

It might have the vibes but Yui is really the only one that surely has romantic feelings for Hachiman besides Yukino. Iroha has more than passing interest, but she's so slippery that we cannot be sure of how she feels.

Of course, this is by no means supposed to be a harem. I just think that compared to how the LN handled it, they mashed in the feelings of every major female character in the span of 22 minutes.
Aug 7, 2020 8:08 AM

Aug 2014
i will say, I am really looking forward to the prom, the dance scenes, and what might develop during the prom romantically. I mean, i highly doubt itll be canceled.
Aug 7, 2020 8:13 AM
Jun 2020
Atavistic said:
I cannot for the life of me see how Iroha jumped to the conclusion that Hachiman's conversation with Yukino was a confession/lover's quarrel. What I see is Yukino being stubborn and trying to cut off her friends because Haruno has instilled in her a fear of being codependent. But that doesn't mean she has to cut them off completely, and that response more than anything shows her immaturity: as Hachiman said, they just need to figure out another method to avoid that happening again.

So, if anything, that conversation was a clash of ideals and a clash of methods leading to the showdown, while Iroha's monologue feels entirely forced from the author to keep the romance flowing and take her out of the picture. And even if the conversation could be read that way (besides the incredibly tacky "I'll save you" line from Hachiman, which also runs entirely counter to the move away from co-dependency that this season is pushing), can anyone seriously imagine Iroha reacting the way she does? It's absurdly out of character for her.

Also, if Yukino is so scared of relying too much on Hachiman as to keep refusing his requests to help out, how is that going to change to make their relationship happen (as it is very blatantly going to, given the systematic way this show is removing the other candidates from the picture)?
Well, it is true though, Hachiman and Yukino do find enjoyment in "clashing their ideals". But that's how they've always functioned, even when they were bickering, that was endearing for Hachiman. You're right about Iroha coming to that conclusion fast, saying it as lover's quarrel, but Iroha more or less had a doubt of that before, in the LN's. And it COULD be seen as a lover's quarrel to some, most people agree that it did look like it. But it also could be shown as a clash of ideals, either way, Hachiman and yukino like having these kinds of conversations, doesn't matter what it looks like.
And cut off her friends? She hasn't CUT of her friends? she just told them to not interfere in the prom thing, and she's asking something like this for the first time because she wants to prove something, to herself, to her mother, and her sister, it may be stubborn, but that doesn't make it less important, Haruno has instilled the fear of co-dependency in her, you're right, but Hachiman is there to make it right, so you don't have to worry about that, it'll be properly mentioned later,
Aug 7, 2020 8:19 AM

Oct 2016
Someone please marry hiratsuka-sensei already. A really good ass episode, and as much as there is a lot of good potential pairings with Hachiman such as Saki, Hirotsuka-sensei, Iroha and Yui, Yukino and Hachiman is just damn made for each other and I think that is the best possible outcome hell they have been building everything up for those two.

So, I can't wait for more of this wonderful show.
Aug 7, 2020 8:47 AM
May 2016
Since sensei is off limits, I'm hoping for Iroha. I hate to see one of the other two lose to the other one so this way they both lose but Hachiman still wins. Or Saki, it's good to have options.
Aug 7, 2020 10:11 AM
Jul 2020
Without a doubt, the best girl is actually Shizuka all this time. It's a shame, if only she was ten years younger. And poor Iroho after watching the interactions between 8man and Yukino comes to realize she's just a side character like Yui did. Ouch =(

8man has certainly come a long way compared to the 1st season. He seems more caring and sociable unlike the apathetic loner that he was before.

Aug 7, 2020 12:42 PM
Jul 2019
More useless drama and still with that prom thingy in which they still have no plans of giving it up........WTF does Iroha meant that Hikki should take responsibility , when he's already helping her make her prom thing come through despite the fact that their school is against it.......and what make Iroha think that any one of them (Hikki and Yukinon) were confessing to each other?????
Horn_dawg_2019Aug 7, 2020 12:55 PM
Aug 7, 2020 1:24 PM

Feb 2020
iroha getting pissed off by everyone lmao

ahh the last line. iroha i c uuu
Aug 7, 2020 1:25 PM

Feb 2020
iroha getting pissed off by everyone lmao

ahh the last line. iroha i c uuu
Aug 7, 2020 5:00 PM

Jun 2017
Someone marry sensei already pls. I was surprised Hachiman didn't say instant yes, S1 him would have done that most likely lol, would have been hilarious.

When Yukino says "I can end this with this.", does she refer to cutting ties with Hachiman? She could get rid of the co-dependency like that but she seems way too sure of her plan succeeding and I bet Hachiman will pull a bamboozle reverse uno card to stop it.

The PV for next week looks promising, seems like Hachiman will build a team of misfits to go to war. Hopefully there will be some cool interactions.
Aug 7, 2020 7:30 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
This episode adapted the novel perfectly, especially with the sub dialogue with Iroha. Things can only get better from here, of course Shizuka will always have some of the most important lines in the entire show, because she is the driving force that brings Hachiman out of his shell. Things are heating up now!
Aug 7, 2020 9:17 PM

May 2010
they aren't hidin anything from the viewers are they?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 7, 2020 11:27 PM

Feb 2014
Haciman X Yukinon vibes is really strong this season. Every conversation between them feels like the surrounding don't matter to them, its only about how they feel. Truly gearing up for a WA2 finale eh.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 8, 2020 6:37 AM

Nov 2017
PLEASE TAKE ME!!!

Take her motherfkcer
Now Loading.....
Aug 8, 2020 6:55 AM
Apr 2019
It’s amazing, Hachiman's birthday (8/8) is also the day we celebrate as "International Cat Day",
Can't be a coincidence right?
Aug 8, 2020 8:31 AM
Apr 2020
PLEASE JUST MARRY SENSEI aNYboDY? I just want to see her with a happy life.
But that face was hilarious when she was talking to Hachiman.

After many years I almost forgot what is the purpose between the relationship between Yukino and Hachiman (the competition thing) and know I remembered it, it feels nostalgic after many years have passed and now we are almost at the end.

Hachiman deciding to work himself after convincing Yukino but at the end she was still persistent about not depending to others to grow by herself while Yui and Hachiman are seeing it. I'm really excited of how are they gonna do things dependently in their own way.

As for Iroha she also wants to have the responsibility too huh. When she realized that conversation between them would turn out like that, she wasn't expecting it but she was right doe that Yukino rejected his help and Hachiman decided to work by himself and do things in his own way. I felt really bad for Irohga being left out and thinking the "prize" of their competition would be a confession. She also realized how deep is their realationship by just spending time with each other every single day and Iroha not noticing it because she was so concentraded at herself but she moved on after her confession to Hayama.
Aug 8, 2020 10:06 AM
Jul 2020
For anyone who wonder what 'annoying' feeling that iroha had is called 'jealousy'. You dont have to see someone you love flirts with others to feel it. When you yourself succeed or failed, jealousy will come to you soon or later. Iroha had heartbroken and the one who consoled her is 8man.

The first time iroha look at how close those two using competition and other to make up their flirting, made her jealous. She never had been third wheel shoes, of course it'd be hell annoying.
Aug 8, 2020 10:23 AM

May 2018
Much better episode! I would totally marry sensei tho :D
ByniavoAug 8, 2020 10:26 AM
Aug 8, 2020 10:36 AM

Jun 2019
Hiratsuka x Hachiman. I ship it.
Well.. a nice episode. Yukinoshita using eye drops as an excuse for crying. That was a nice way of showing that.
Aug 8, 2020 3:35 PM
Oct 2015
People who think Yukino did this out of selfishness will rethink Yukino's true motivation in the next few episodes. And no, Hachiman's not doing anything right here. Yukino and Hachiman did the wrong thing in this episode because they didn't understand each other's feelings. What they understood was only Yui's feelings so far
Aug 9, 2020 2:19 AM

Oct 2008
oh this might get kinky! if 8man wins, Yukinoshita would do one thing the winner says! oh nice! i smell H-doujins for this kind of scenario! GUHEHEHEHE!!!
5/5.

Aug 9, 2020 5:13 AM
Jun 2017
yukinon and hachiman have some conversations regarding responsibility..

iroha be like: im going to get out of here... youre all PAIN to watch... hahaha

lets see which strategy will work up in the end..
Aug 9, 2020 7:59 AM

Jun 2017
These two shots are damn perfect and show why Yukino and Hachiman are made for each other.

Aug 9, 2020 12:17 PM
Oct 2018
Woah I don't get why Iroha's inner monologue was shown, and it was in past tense too ? Interesting stuff.
--
Aug 9, 2020 9:52 PM
Jan 2016
Maybe I know why Iroha is really annoyed, because Hikigaya change his plans and Yukino accepted it, haha...that's why it's getting more complicated but yeah, many people love to go to the difficult way than the easier way, isn't it? To make it more exciting, haha...But yeah, at least Hikigaya gives Yukino a massive morale booster. For Yukino, I think it's a good thing if you want to change, you want to be more dependable and mature, it's a really good thing, but yeah the problem is how will you do it? Can you achieve it if you work alone? Should it be done alone? Maybe that's not the right answer, because for me there are some things that you can do alone and some things that needs the other to help you. Remember, we are social being, that's our destiny...
Aug 10, 2020 1:32 PM

Feb 2008

Agreed.

At last, Hachiman found a way to tackle Yukino's predicament. With a confession in disguise. Given all that, Iroha was indeed left in an unenviable position.
Aug 12, 2020 2:31 PM

Jan 2014
First of all, if anyone was wondering, Yukino said "Help me someday" in the roller coaster right before the drop. I decided to check the scene again and there was a "flash" part where the picture was taken. Very nice easter egg and this whole going back to previous seasons sort of flashbacks definitely indicates that we're in the endgame now.

There's a "dependency" in having the competition but then again, you can find roundabouts to show dependency in everything but a competition definitely means you're not depending on your enemy to "just lose." That's just setting yourself up for failure so in a way, Hachiman found a way to help and "save" Yukino without being directly involved with her and have her end up relying on him. That's really clever of him to remember the deal they had that started this all.

Remember, Hachiman gave Yukino the computer glasses. At the end, Yukino decided to not even put them back on further showing that she's not going to be relying on Hachiman in the upcoming trials.

Iroha's part in all of the drama is a little odd actually. Seems like she likes the bad boy, serious Hachiman and wants to get him back for making her like that lol. Iroha sort of became the middle man helping the dynamics happen. Just want to point out that Iroha thinks Hachiman basically just gave a confession. Or a break up. Or just a lover's quarrel. She has no idea at all cause she has no clue about the dynamics. She does not like that at all though cause even if she's making the events happen, she feels super irrelevant in everything going on.

Ending note, Hiratsuka-sensei is best girl and Hachiman would have went for her instead if she was his age lol
Aug 13, 2020 2:17 AM

Aug 2017
This show has too much dialogue. At least sexy Iroha gets some screen time, but she's third wheeling it. Best part of episode is hot sensei offering herself up

Aug 13, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2015
I've said this ever since S1E3 but loner ending is the best ending for hikki. I mean look at all these 3dpd drama WHO EVEN WANTS SHIT LIKE THIS?

SERIOUSLY DUDE WHAT ARE YOU GETTING OUT OF ALL THIS?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Aug 13, 2020 9:06 AM
Jun 2020
kidlat020 said:
I've said this ever since S1E3 but loner ending is the best ending for hikki. I mean look at all these 3dpd drama WHO EVEN WANTS SHIT LIKE THIS?

Yeah i kinda confused tho. What hachiman really is? Is he a loner/normies/nerd/simp at this point because from what i watched he really still thinking that he is a loner but in another hand he looks like a normies surrounded by cute girls (like typical harem mc) and not only that he also forced his help to a girl who clearly didn't want his help (like typical simp) . This series seriously 180° different from s1
ColdpainAug 13, 2020 9:10 AM
Aug 13, 2020 9:22 AM

Apr 2015
Coldpain said:
kidlat020 said:

Yeah i kinda confused tho. What hachiman really is? Is he a loner/normies/nerd/simp at this point because from what i watched he really still thinking that he is a loner but in another hand he looks like a normies surrounded by cute girls (like typical harem mc) and not only that he also forced his help to a girl who clearly didn't want his help (like typical simp) . This series seriously 180° different from s1

to be fair a loner turning to a simping to the muh lady isn't that hard to imagine. especially if its a young attractive female where you could easily be accused of being a pedo. it is a stretch but not exactly impossible.

there's a saying that education is not a cure for stupidity in the same way just knowing sugar makes you fat doesn't mean you'd stop wanting sweets. even if diabetes would literally kill you. 8man got a taste of that sweet sweet devil kiss (and mind you, it's not full blown sex yet) and you could say the loner life and the simp life is currently at clash with each other and this is 8man's internal struggle. or I wish the author would tackle this kind of thinking but from what I'm seeing it's a big no.

I could criticize 8man all I could but the truth of the matter is, a small change of fate in my side (and without my power to control said fate) and I could be suffering the same fate as 8man is. Glad I'm not a simp.

Aug 13, 2020 9:25 AM
Jun 2020
kidlat020 said:
Coldpain said:

to be fair a loner turning to a simping to the muh lady isn't that hard to imagine. especially if its a young attractive female where you could easily be accused of being a pedo. it is a stretch but not exactly impossible.

there's a saying that education is not a cure for stupidity in the same way just knowing sugar makes you fat doesn't mean you'd stop wanting sweets. even if diabetes would literally kill you. 8man got a taste of that sweet sweet devil kiss (and mind you, it's not full blown sex yet) and you could say the loner life and the simp life is currently at clash with each other and this is 8man's internal struggle. or I wish the author would tackle this kind of thinking but from what I'm seeing it's a big no.

I could criticize 8man all I could but the truth of the matter is, a small change of fate in my side (and without my power to control said fate) and I could be suffering the same fate as 8man is. Glad I'm not a simp.

Sooooooooo..... He is a simp now?
Aug 13, 2020 9:39 AM

Apr 2015
Coldpain said:
kidlat020 said:

Sooooooooo..... He is a simp now?

i mean why not? ehh, I already dropped this anyway. I wanted the edginess of S1 and S2. but not this kind of edge.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

489 by Antivist64 »»
Apr 27, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.