Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 13, 2019 10:28 PM

May 2011
Shark guy saves the day
May 14, 2019 1:13 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode. Glad to see hyak and dororo back together.
Tahomaru's a dick as always.
Animation also seemed better.
May 14, 2019 2:53 AM
Oct 2016
Oh god, i want him to kill his brother tahomaru so badly.
I know the plot is to not do it, because he will "lost his humanity" etc etc etc
But man, fuck this shit, i want him to kill all this bullshit family (except mother)
And recover all his body. Also, i want his father to suffer hahaha oh man i'm losting my humanity.
May 14, 2019 3:42 AM

Sep 2013
Merihem said:
I know the plot is to not do it, because he will "lost his humanity" etc etc etc
But man, fuck this shit, i want him to kill all this bullshit family (except mother)
And recover all his body. Also, i want his father to suffer hahaha oh man i'm losting my humanity.

Yeah,Fuck tahomaru and their daigo land.
Looking forward to the final battle.
May 14, 2019 3:48 AM

Jul 2016
Merihem said:

You are quite sadistic.

Lighten up, it is just a cartoon.
May 14, 2019 3:49 AM

Sep 2017
The return of the excellent quality of the 1st court, finally !

I loved this episode, and the bond between Dororo and Hyakkimaru is getting stronger each episode, I really enjoy it
May 14, 2019 5:14 AM

Jul 2014
Lots going on this episode, but definitely a return to the form of the first cour here (and with this arc on the whole).
May 14, 2019 6:25 AM

Jan 2012
He really didn't like how they blamed Hyakkymaru for the calamities falling on their land. It might be somewhat true but without his "sacrifice" they wouldn't even have had this period of peace. It's basically returning to its original state.
I understand why they'd rather kill one person to save the whole domain but still the way they put is still infuriating
May 14, 2019 7:23 AM

Sep 2016
I'd love to have more adorable moments between Hyakkimaru and Dororo in the upcoming episodes.
May 14, 2019 8:46 AM
Jan 2017
at last itachi can fullfill his last wish to see the treasure,,
good eps hyakkimaru can get his leg, the something that he need at this moment, but he losing his right sword,,
May 14, 2019 9:17 AM
Dec 2017
Dang, that fight sequence between Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru's squad had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! I can't believe the show is already three-quarters done.
Also, is Hyogo dead, too!? I hope not!
May 14, 2019 9:57 AM

Mar 2016
Finally... A f*cking well animated and choreographed episode!
May 14, 2019 10:26 AM
Mar 2019
Honestly I was really really relieved to see this a wave of peacefulness burst through me😔😔 (forgive the quality; I'm completely new to this 😅😅)
May 14, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2017
Definitely a step up from some recent episodes, matching the episodes of some earlier ones! The Dororo / Hyakkimaru moment was indeed awesome and sweet, and the action and intense fighting this episode were pretty exciting. Looking forward to how the finale will pan out.
May 14, 2019 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
Finally, a good episode in this arc. But I have to say, Dororo plot armor was kind of annoying
May 14, 2019 12:16 PM
Mar 2019
Dennoss said:

That scene was so sick, Tahomaru was a real badass here. I really enjoyed this ep!
gotta agree!! It was the most badass fight I've seen for a while......I even enjoyed it more than one punch man and mob psycho fight scenes (didn't expected that but yeah)
May 14, 2019 3:31 PM
Nov 2015
thiago52192 said:
Finally, a good episode in this arc. But I have to say, Dororo plot armor was kind of annoying
what plot armor there wasn't any deus ex machina as far as I can recall?
May 14, 2019 3:49 PM
Nov 2015
turbulent said:
For the people, for the land, then Tahomaru rather prioritised killing Hyakkimaru instead of actually doing something, for the people, for the land. Yeah, let's waste those crucial manpower at his disposal to get rid of Hyakkimaru and there, hoping that everything will be over, sunshine and rainbows. It all ended with a landslides of casualties. There was no victor, only losers. A true calamities indeed!

Lyrisia said:
He really didn't like how they blamed Hyakkymaru for the calamities falling on their land. It might be somewhat true but without his "sacrifice" they wouldn't even have had this period of peace. It's basically returning to its original state.
I understand why they'd rather kill one person to save the whole domain but still the way they put is still infuriating

It was sheer hypocrisy. Tahomaru had his own personal reason for trying to kill Hyakkimaru hidden underneath the facade of his ideal of doing it "for the people, for the land". His action proved it no matter how justifiable his ideal and the situation were. There was no right, no wrong. Simply just another man who refused to sacrifice himself for the greater goods, unless someone who had no ties with him became the sacrifice. Hyakkimaru was an ideal sacrifice in this case.

Unowen said:
This episode had a reasonable build up after a few episodes with them being split off and Tahoumaru also showing up. And yet it was barely exciting and kept the trend of looking cheap. Welp

I agree. It made the past few episodes felt really meaningless in the end. The lack thereof proper establishment of conflicts in their relationship mean that everything was just back to the square one. In other words, nothing really happened. The Takarajima's atmosphere was great though.
you're last response is why I think this episode was great though
May 14, 2019 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
HereticHunter said:
I really liked this scenery

Yes, that was beautiful!

Aww, Hyakki and Dororo are so cute. Like the doctor said, it's good that he has one person that isn't an enemy to him.

And now, I feel sorry for Itachi. Rest in peace asshole and don't quarrel too much with Dororo's dad in heaven.

What a creepy shark demon. Like that!

Black_Sheep97 said:
thiago52192 said:

That the shark bit in the tree instead of her.
removed-userMay 14, 2019 5:11 PM
May 14, 2019 7:50 PM

Sep 2017
I thought this episode was fantastic. The events of this episode clearly had a lastly impact on the plot of the story. Hyakkimaru and Dororo had a great dynamic, Itachi passed on without being TOTALLY unlikeable, and Hyogo died (I think?) a worthy death. These events will just bridge the gap between Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru more. Love it.
May 14, 2019 8:04 PM

Oct 2008
Good thinking Dororo! take a bit of those treasure or else starve to death!
so both legs of Hyakkimaru is now back! now only remaining is his arms and eyes!
5/5.

May 14, 2019 8:39 PM

Jun 2013
I liked this episode a lot. Dororo and Hyakkimaru were reunited plus we saw a bit of justice from the band of thieves plus Itachi. Yes, Itachi saved Dororo, I think he didn't really want to harm her. He's just there to survive and live a good life. I guess, in some way, he felt guilt for what happened to Dororo's dad.

Tahomaru was very impulsive and now he's one of the antagonists in the series. I still like him, whether he lives or die, we will see in the last six episodes. I wish there was a season 2 or more episodes but I guess they'll resolve everything by the 24th episode.

Interesting how in the first episode, Dororo was ready to sell things to earn money and now in the 18th episode, he didn't want to take the money (except for a little to fund their travels).
臭い-
May 14, 2019 10:18 PM
Jul 2017
Omg what a chapter. Even if the art is not outstanding the story is really good.
May 14, 2019 11:29 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was an intense episode, so many people died, some fell to their suicidal fantasies, some feel for their greed, and some fell to their loyalty.
So glad that Hyakkimaru got his leg back again, I hope he doesn't end up losing it as he did previously.
May 14, 2019 11:31 PM
May 2019
This was hell of an episode we got everything action emotions and the treasure!!!

The showdown between hyakki and his idoit bro was fqing awesome he's a fool to bring an army to kill one person he cheated by a 3on1 match still lost as soon as hyakki got out of the confusion "why kill me" and recognized them as their enemy. Poor guy taho I don't see his funeral so far away!!
About itachi..... I have mixed feelings as he died disparately wanting the money but.....he protected dororo When she prayed for him it brought tears to my eyes how caring she is towards almost every one that's why I like her soooo much!!!!

The main attraction and beauty of the ep was the Dororo-hyakkimaru reunion it was just so warning and heartfelt.... hyakki displaying much of the love he got from mama jukai onto dororo with that cute forehead touch Although dororo was a little angry with aniki but through this gesture her heart melted with emotion she also hugged him showing she still missed him DEEPLY inside As jukai said; Dororo is hyakki's closest link with humanity. Dororo gave him a sence of belonging and companionship through the time he spent with her that LIGHTED UP his emotional core which he never lost. Becz hyakki is emotionally attached with dororo, invested in his time with her he's now more drawn and motivated towards protecting her than he ever was. We also see hyakki's personality changed A LOT in this ep and he seems a rather caring person that before Again hyakki feeling affection for dororo is really nice now he should hug her back and return the love she gave him uptill now😉
SyjMay 15, 2019 12:27 AM
May 15, 2019 12:08 AM
Nov 2015
Maneki-Mew said:
HereticHunter said:
I really liked this scenery

Yes, that was beautiful!

Aww, Hyakki and Dororo are so cute. Like the doctor said, it's good that he has one person that isn't an enemy to him.

And now, I feel sorry for Itachi. Rest in peace asshole and don't quarrel too much with Dororo's dad in heaven.

Black_Sheep97 said:

oh that, k I get where youre coming from but that ain't implausible.
May 15, 2019 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
Black_Sheep97 said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Yes, that was beautiful!

And then she accidentally pushed the statues down, but yeah, not that I complain. xD
May 15, 2019 2:09 AM
Nov 2015
Maneki-Mew said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

And then she accidentally pushed the statues down, but yeah, not that I complain. xD
but that's not a deus ex machina that's just luck which isn't implausible given the situation. Let me give you an example of plot armor when captain marvel saved iron Man in the space ship that was plot armor .
May 15, 2019 2:19 AM
Oct 2016
Vindicater said:
Merihem said:

You are quite sadistic.

Lighten up, it is just a cartoon.

Not until this bullshit family.
May 15, 2019 4:26 AM
Aug 2015

Dororo adult more clearly now
May 15, 2019 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
Very good episode compared to the last two.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2019 1:15 PM

Mar 2012
Blutopfer_ said:

Dororo adult more clearly now

Heh, that was my takeaway from this episode too. Realizing that is indeed an older Dororo in the closing credits.
May 15, 2019 3:09 PM

May 2019
Hyakkimaru vs Tahomaru was such a great scene! My favourite fight so far.

But I feel so down when I think about Tahomaru. Before the episode when he met Hyakkimaru for the first time, he had been shown as a genuinely likeable character, I'd seriously started cheering for him then.
May 15, 2019 8:04 PM

Feb 2015
The animation is back up to par, but the story just keeps shriveling. Itachi and everything around him is totally bi-polar. One minute he's the greedy fuck who robbed the grave of Dororo's mother, the next he's the poor dying friend. Dororo and the viewers need to make up their fucking minds and stop pretending this guy isn't just as terrible and selfish a person as everyone he's angry at.

The angry little brat and his two toy soldiers are equally annoying, their hypocrisy is astonishing. What they're doing is understandable, but the self-righteousness is what's irritating, they need to quit acting like they're entirely morally justified. Not to mention all of a sudden they're actually a threat when before they were basically pebbles beneath Hyakkimaru's feet.

This is just continuing to lose steam. The first cour was rock solid, this one, not so much.
May 16, 2019 9:01 AM
Feb 2018
Is it just me or lately the animation has been getting a lot worse?
May 16, 2019 10:14 AM

Jan 2018
I'm sooo frustrated with Tahomaru >_< HE IS YOUR BROTHER DAMN IT

I think his arc was kinda rushed, but oh well, I get what they're going for.

Dororo and Hyakki broke my heart with cuteness *_*
May 16, 2019 1:12 PM

May 2015
Best duo, I hope nothing breaks these two apart, hoping for a happy ending.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
May 16, 2019 3:03 PM

May 2017
yo this episode was great all around. Pretty sure this was the episode with the most animation. lots of movement and fluid action sequences. Loved it.
May 16, 2019 9:19 PM
Jan 2016
Hyakkimaru and Doror reunion was really heartwarming!

We got a lot of thinks happening but it was really well executed, i understand everything!

Tahomaru opted for a 3 against 1, he know he cant beat Hyakkimaru alone, but gotta say, fight animetion were really good!

R.I:P, besides everything you are not that bad at all, atleast he saw the treasure befrore dying!

Dororo dont need that money right now so he will think about it later!
May 17, 2019 8:59 AM

Nov 2014
i seriously feel so bad for hyakkimaru wtf did he do to deserve all this?? they said hyakki needs to die so their country can flourish? what bullshit!! they all know wtf happened to hyakki and what kind of inhuman things his father did to him, and yet they still think taking the life of someone who they had already taken everything away from is a fair, human thing to do!??
May 17, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2017
Itachi death felt a bit anticlimactic lol.

Tahomaru and his assistants survived...Well, I was hoping that at least some of his assistants would die but nevermind. Also, Shiranui is so bland as a character.

Good episode.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 17, 2019 5:21 PM

Jan 2014
Hyakkimaru grabbing Dororo's face melted me into a million pieces. There like a little family, they need to be protected at all cost. Also why is everyone on Hyakkimaru's case about getting his body back? Its his body and hes gone through so much, he deserves it back.The demons will eventually stop helping the town out at some point, they cant depend on his sacrifice forever anyway.
☆・。・。☆・(* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ~Aphotic ☆・。・。☆・゜
May 18, 2019 12:58 AM

Jul 2012
Best episode of the show yet, and to think the treasure actually exist here, unlike in the manga.
May 18, 2019 2:58 AM

Nov 2017
Really good and interesting episode this time, I really enjoyed the fight between Tahomaru and Hiyakkimaru and I hope that their "last" battle will be even better. The animation was good comparing to the last couple of episodes.
One thing that I don't quite get is the relation between Dororo and Itachi... at one time they hate each other (at least it seems like it) and at another they like each other, anyone care to explain?

May 18, 2019 5:50 AM

Feb 2013
He got his leg back, yay.
I'm not sad about Itachi's death.
May 18, 2019 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
That demon shark is a nope from hell. I did start giggling at some point, singing Baby Shark.
I was worried Dororo and Hyakkimaru where going to get separated again after just reuniting. I'm glad that didn't happen. Dororo is such a good character.
May 18, 2019 11:55 PM

Apr 2011
I'm really starting to dislike Tahomaru >.>

May 19, 2019 3:06 AM

Dec 2014
everything is so unfair for the duo
May 19, 2019 12:50 PM

Oct 2017
ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES. I LOVED HYAKKIMARU WITH DORORO AND HIS ENCOUNTER WITH HIS MOM. buru
-¡Give yourself to me!
May 19, 2019 9:26 PM
Apr 2018
I'm confused.... Dororo isn't ready to use the cash money, so it's just gonna sit there in the cave...for anyone to find? Like, couldn't Tahomaru figure out why Hyakkimaru was on that island and come steal the money? Maybe in my excitement that my bae finally has two real-ass legs, I failed to pay attention to something that explains everything.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

447 by Thirdu »»
Sep 3, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2019

143 by ZNT_12_9_1_22 »»
Aug 30, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2019

93 by jilebi_james23 »»
Aug 5, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2019

145 by jilebi_james23 »»
Aug 5, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2019

182 by jilebi_james23 »»
Aug 5, 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.