Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 20, 2019 7:00 AM

May 2018
ycleped said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Well unlike you I'm not that serious when it come to the facts of the anime , cu'z in the end either ur entertained or ur not entertained and right now this episode wasn't entertaining and That's that....... in fact I don't give a rat's ass about anybody who want's to say in this forum , they can say whatever they want and they wont be hearing from me, beside it's jaz an anime.....nothing to be serious about, if there is anything to be serious, it's taxes, traffic, mortgage, health insurance , parking tickets, and whatever saving you got left in your bank acct, not anime fact like this. kid.

This is a discussion board, *discussion* emphasized. I'm not saying it's serious, I'm discussing a show and responding to your comment that I thought was off-base. If you don't care about what others have to say on a discussion board, then don't post. The sole purpose of posting here is for discussion, which inherently means you care about what others have to say, simply by posting.

If you didn't find the episode entertaining, fine, but it's silly to have this reaction to me explaining why it wasn't filler.

My point was the plot is slow at first, it's not filler, and it will start getting more intense soon.

Yeah yeah whatever......................blah blah blah.......
Apr 20, 2019 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
the thing that annoys me the most about this anime so far is how often people bring up the visual novel of it. DON'T. just take it as what it is, its an adaptation sure, but its own thing. every time there's a VN adaptation there's bitching and whining from its fanbase. same shit with umineko.

let people rate this however they damm please, its called MYanimelist for a reason, and there's plenty of slowflakes who use 5/5 ratings or other retarded rating systems when the site doesn't support it.

so far from what i've seen (only first ep, which i won't bother adding) and some chatter from the adaptation isn't anything impressive so far, and from the VNs readers just keep saying IT GETS BETTER LATER ON. then might be better that people just binge it,cause week by week doesn't seem to be enticing for most people.
Apr 20, 2019 10:03 AM

May 2017
Recycled_Content said:
the thing that annoys me the most about this anime so far is how often people bring up the visual novel of it. DON'T. just take it as what it is, its an adaptation sure, but its own thing. every time there's a VN adaptation there's bitching and whining from its fanbase. same shit with umineko.

let people rate this however they damm please, its called MYanimelist for a reason, and there's plenty of slowflakes who use 5/5 ratings or other retarded rating systems when the site doesn't support it.

so far from what i've seen (only first ep, which i won't bother adding) and some chatter from the adaptation isn't anything impressive so far, and from the VNs readers just keep saying IT GETS BETTER LATER ON. then might be better that people just binge it,cause week by week doesn't seem to be enticing for most people.

The thing is Umineko's adaptation was actually trash and nothing compared to the visual novel. The adaptation here so far, asides from the OST, is actually good compared to the visual novel.
Apr 20, 2019 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
this show is becoming so so
Apr 20, 2019 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
[quote=ycleped message=57442634][quote=Recycled_Content message=57441842]the thing that annoys me the most about this anime so far is how often people bring up the visual novel of it. DON'T. just take it as what it is, its an adaptation sure, but its own thing. every time there's a VN adaptation there's bitching and whining from its fanbase. same shit with umineko.

yeah, but as i said, please drop with the comparsion with the visual novel. its annoying to keep hearing people talk about it when we are talking about the anime here.
Apr 20, 2019 12:22 PM

May 2017
[quote=Recycled_Content message=57443011][quote=ycleped message=57442634]
Recycled_Content said:

yeah, but as i said, please drop with the comparsion with the visual novel. its annoying to keep hearing people talk about it when we are talking about the anime here.

And my point is I don't see a problem with the anime, I think it's a good anime so far.
Apr 20, 2019 2:58 PM
Apr 2019
As someone who watched an 80 hour playthrough of the VN, trust me that the pacing is much better in the anime! Having said that, it is a slow burner in anime terms. But to those who have just tuned in and are unsure whether to continue, please trust me - it's SO worth it and you'll be talking about it for years to come :)
Apr 21, 2019 3:04 AM

Oct 2015
I don't really see what all the hate is about.
Apr 22, 2019 8:37 AM

May 2017
EGOIST said:

People are idiots is what the hate is about.
Apr 22, 2019 1:48 PM

Apr 2017
This show is so boring. People are saying that the plot is actually good, but that it needs time to progress. I don't know how many more episodes I'm gonna last, because this show is really tiring.
Apr 22, 2019 3:02 PM

May 2017
_Goldee_ said:
This show is so boring. People are saying that the plot is actually good, but that it needs time to progress. I don't know how many more episodes I'm gonna last, because this show is really tiring.

How exactly is it boring?
Apr 23, 2019 5:14 AM

May 2017
ycleped said:
EGOIST said:

I have noticed that there seems to be an age gap, too. Most (not all, but most) of the people not enjoying the show are born in the late 90s to early 00s, while most of the ones enjoying it seem to be born in the 80s to mid 90s.
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Apr 23, 2019 8:31 AM

Apr 2017
ycleped said:

A lot is happening, but nothing really happened...
Apr 23, 2019 8:35 AM

May 2017
_Goldee_ said:
ycleped said:

A lot is happening, but nothing really happened...

Watch episode four and that might change your opinion. This is just the beginning arc of the story that sets up the overarching plot and builds the world and characters.

Everything will start coming together, I promise.
Apr 23, 2019 12:09 PM
Jan 2019
I thought I was watching another kind of anime in the first minutes of the episode 😏.Takuya and her stepmother ... this will end with sexual results.LOL.
What a reporter so stupid!>: V. Poor Ayumi, all the problems of the company fall on her. To see her cry I felt sorry.

Kanna is a mystery. That pearl on her neck looks like a part of the reflective device that Takuya possesses. It's a crazy hypothesis, but I think she's Takuya's mother or sister.

"No matter how many times I went back in time [...] I could not stop those tears"
Apr 23, 2019 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
EGOIST said:

Just brainlets being brainlets. Pretty common. Look @ Sakurada Reset threads. Literally the same kind of "hate".
Giulia14 said:
elementex said:
awesome anime so far, the 1 star bombers are making me angry. No way this shouldn't be at least in the 7s.

Man you are new to anime and it shows. Your mean score is 9 and you gave lots of 10 (TEN) to bunch of TERRIBLE shows like Eromanga shit and a 1 (ONE) to Carole & Tuesday. You really shouldn't complain nor get angry about other's people scores LMAOOOO

I gave 1 to Carol and Monday too. It's literal trash for me.
rsc-plApr 23, 2019 12:25 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 26, 2019 9:19 AM

May 2009
rsc-pl said:
EGOIST said:

Just brainlets being brainlets. Pretty common. Look @ Sakurada Reset threads. Literally the same kind of "hate".
Giulia14 said:

Man you are new to anime and it shows. Your mean score is 9 and you gave lots of 10 (TEN) to bunch of TERRIBLE shows like Eromanga shit and a 1 (ONE) to Carole & Tuesday. You really shouldn't complain nor get angry about other's people scores LMAOOOO

I gave 1 to Carol and Monday too. It's literal trash for me.

Rating 2cour show with only 3 episodes a 1 really show that no one should care about your opinion.
May 7, 2019 12:53 AM

May 2015
MC has a lot of self control tho
If I was him, I would be banging Ayumi
May 9, 2019 12:04 AM

Feb 2018
Having a mother like that is very pleasant.
May 9, 2019 8:20 AM
Jul 2017
Takuya really knows how to avoid the annoying dude who was harassing his stepmom.
May 20, 2019 1:47 PM
Aug 2018
One of the good thing about this show is, if I'm not mistaken, that the "rewind" ability needs to be "planned" in advance. It's not like he can just think "oh shit needs to go back in time to save the day" (for instance, when someone throws some eggs to his stepmon, even though I was kinda hoping he could get back in time to get the asshole).

And even when he decides to "use it"', like with the two guys, they don't make him go from zero to hero and he still get his ass kicked.

It's like repeating a situation can only get you this far... Sure, it's kinda the same as Steins;Gate, but, in Steins;Gate, they could decide to go back in time more easily and going back about 24h (not taking into account the SMS has they could not act to change things), so, they had a lot of time to change things to happen.

So, it's still quite different (yeah, I know YUNO has been released before Steins;Gate).

(Also I would totally use it to win the lottery or something where you just need to go back in time like 30 minutes to 2 hours, but, hey, seems Takuya is not really that kind of person :))
Rukodaime91May 20, 2019 1:52 PM
May 22, 2019 3:06 PM

Dec 2015
ycleped said:
EGOIST said:

i agree with you. i just finished the episode and i don't get the hate, it's not that boring and it's clear that they're still setting things up just like steins gate.
Aug 18, 2019 8:16 AM

May 2017
Shonen-Heatful said:
WolfDBreidi said:
I thought I was watching another kind of anime in the first minutes of the episode 😏.Takuya and her stepmother ... this will end with sexual results.LOL.
What a reporter so stupid!>: V. Poor Ayumi, all the problems of the company fall on her. To see her cry I felt sorry.

Kanna is a mystery. That pearl on her neck looks like a part of the reflective device that Takuya possesses. It's a crazy hypothesis, but I think she's Takuya's mother or sister.

"No matter how many times I went back in time [...] I could not stop those tears"

Isn't that the whole point of this anime, though? I watched this episode and 4th, and honestly that's what I'm getting here - a somewhat modern story that's nothing more than a "mother, I love you" drama that the security officer watched on her TV in episode 2.

I'm dropping the anime. =/

That's the very first arc, it starts slow, and gives people the wrong idea about what the show is. That's why you'll see under the stats tab that most people that drop it drop it within the first 5 episodes. The people that continue watching it get to see what it really is!
Aug 18, 2019 8:30 AM

May 2017
Shonen-Heatful said:
ycleped said:

That's the very first arc, it starts slow, and gives people the wrong idea about what the show is. That's why you'll see under the stats tab that most people that drop it drop it within the first 5 episodes. The people that continue watching it get to see what it really is!

It may be so, but if I'm going to spend 5+ episodes on anime that I might not even like - I'll never watch the ones that will be interesting for sure.

This show is super interesting and the story is great, the only thing is, you'd have to take my word for it and I understand if you're reluctant to do so.
Sep 4, 2019 6:18 AM

Sep 2008
I get the feeling that necklace Kanna was wearing can be inserted into the time travel device.
Nov 10, 2019 8:02 AM

Jul 2015
So a lot of women are interested in Arima's father, he must have been quite the playboy

no wonder his son turned out to be like that

Nov 12, 2019 6:03 AM

Sep 2012
WolfDBreidi said:

only 1 way to stop this tears like prince woke up princess 😂
Nov 12, 2019 6:04 AM

Sep 2012
ycleped said:
Shonen-Heatful said:

Isn't that the whole point of this anime, though? I watched this episode and 4th, and honestly that's what I'm getting here - a somewhat modern story that's nothing more than a "mother, I love you" drama that the security officer watched on her TV in episode 2.

I'm dropping the anime. =/

if it were true it woulnd't be end of the world

not to mention that she is hes stepmother not blood releated, some ppl are snowflake oh gross stepmother oh gross stepsister romance with mc, its like ppl this days are raised to be without balls 😂😂😂
Aug 18, 2021 3:35 AM

Aug 2017
Much better than the last episode with more focus on Ayumi this time. Can't wait for the next episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 26, 2022 6:43 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Enjoyable episode, if ot was not for that creepy Toyotomi fucker, it is obvious they are changing sometimes and so far I dont mind, being able to see this animated is a positive experience no matter what.

Needs MOAR Kana!

rsc-pl said:
Much better pacing than previous ep. I wonder why they decided to make this adaptation (almost) silent. VN has phenomenal OST (both original and "refreshed" OST in remake).

Oh, someone here bold enough to say the new remake OST is amazing aswell?!

BOLD WORDS

Apr 27, 2022 5:57 AM

Aug 2013
Playcool said:
Enjoyable episode, if ot was not for that creepy Toyotomi fucker, it is obvious they are changing sometimes and so far I dont mind, being able to see this animated is a positive experience no matter what.

Needs MOAR Kana!

rsc-pl said:
Much better pacing than previous ep. I wonder why they decided to make this adaptation (almost) silent. VN has phenomenal OST (both original and "refreshed" OST in remake).

BOLD WORDS

Except this, original VN is incomparably better though. Mainly because the translation is not butchered (fan translation is actually great) and it contains all the content. Voice acting is better too.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 11, 2022 7:04 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
rsc-pl said:
Playcool said:

Needs MOAR Kana!

BOLD WORDS

Except this, original VN is incomparably better though. Mainly because the translation is not butchered (fan translation is actually great) and it contains all the content. Voice acting is better too.

Sorry but I cant take your words seriously, your first statement is a clear indicator you have played the original VN as your first experience, you are extremely biased on it, if you had played the remake first and STILL said that, then it would be different.

Take off your nostalgia glasses.
But you are right that the VA acting for the original is great, at least for its time, it is a different feeling than the remake.

I wont say the translation is better, I was good with the remake, and even if I played the originals, I dont think I would have the expertize to make an accurate judgment, probably neither you have.

It contains a bit more content and I did check it out on youtube, it is not that much and not that meaningful.

Playing the original is a chore thought, in that regard it is has aged even worst than Ever 17 worst parts, so remake easily wins at the end of the day.
Feb 17, 2023 2:28 PM
Mar 2021
totaly bullshit..................................
May 16, 6:59 PM
Jun 2022
Well , This It For Me . Sayonara YUNO!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

246 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.