Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 9, 2019 7:31 AM
Mar 2012
Only seen a few sports shows, so this animation looks decent enough, as a lot of throws & batting were fully animated here, even the naginata club demo was animated even tho it's unrelated to the mc's. I've seen other sports shows just draw trails & flashing speedlines, 1-frame 'action', or wobbly lines when they try.
Their hair & designs are pretty nice. Hoodie Akane a cute, but needs much confidence building. Nozaki proves athletic, but seems to have anxiety working with a team. A balance of character building & sports would be nice.

Couldn't finish ep1 of Mix (very rare for me, usually at least I can last through an entire episode), production itself is good, probably since it's better to know the prequel for proper watch.

From baseball girl shows people mention, sounds like we get 1 per decade? Now that's rare. Also find it refreshing a cgdct is set in a co-ed school, and their first game is mixed gender, very progressive indeed...
Apr 9, 2019 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
I simply have to compare this with Taisho Baseball Girls and frankly speaking, it doesn't even come close as far as first impressions are concerned.

I still think that this will be a decent watch and maybe even a bit more.
try princess nine if you like girls baseball anime.
Apr 9, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
anirudhtsuki said:
FMmatron said:
I simply have to compare this with Taisho Baseball Girls and frankly speaking, it doesn't even come close as far as first impressions are concerned.

I still think that this will be a decent watch and maybe even a bit more.
try princess nine if you like girls baseball anime.

Not in particular, but it's one of the series I will keep in mind for the future.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2019 9:13 AM
Aug 2017
It was an alright episode, the characters are all likable but they still feel like they need further developing. I'll keep watching and see where it goes.
Apr 9, 2019 12:11 PM
Jan 2018
So this is based on a game huh
Apr 9, 2019 6:29 PM

Feb 2013
Looks cute as hell. Looking forward to more.
Apr 9, 2019 7:24 PM

Apr 2007
This is definitely Love Live! Baseball Girls. They all have the same cute faces too.

I excepted cute girls playing baseball and got just that. It seems like this will be a relaxing show to watch each week.
Apr 9, 2019 9:05 PM

Aug 2018
Why is the score so low!?? ITS FREAKIN GIRLS PLAYING BASEBALL!!!
Apr 10, 2019 4:16 AM

Oct 2007
Good enough start. At least they did not go with the very tired sports anime trope of " one promising newbie joining a losing team" crap.

Playing with the kids is a good way to familiarize the new members with the game. Just playing for fun with nothing at stake help the new members like baseball even just a little.

I like the art style and looking forward how they train Yoshino 2.0 to play baseball. XD
Liddo-kunApr 10, 2019 4:27 AM
Apr 12, 2019 1:25 PM
May 2013
Hmmm.... why do I see storyline say his (male side) yet I watch first episode..... I see girls only 🤔

What storyline say:
“the player takes the role of an unnamed former little senior league baseball ace who lost his or her baseball career after suffering an unspecified injury.”

Otherwise... I like first episode though 🤔
Animekid3Apr 12, 2019 1:28 PM
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 13, 2019 3:00 AM

Jan 2017
I've always hated playing baseball and I was little suspicious would I like to watch it even in anime. But I definitely wanted to give it a try, because I liked Hinomaru Sumo and never had any interest in sumo.
Anyway, the first episode. Not much to say just yet. First main characters we saw are very cliché but I guess that can't be helped anymore - I mean what isn't cliché these day since we have seen so much!

Apr 13, 2019 4:44 PM

Oct 2012
Only_Brad said:
Yikes, it seems that Japan didn't get the memo.

Quite contrary, only US and people who don't get irony have problem with it, and the Japan still have common sense, thankfully.
There is nothing wrong with that gesture, there are many Buddha statues dating several centuries back using it as the symbol of inner perfection. Literally anything can become meme and people shouldn't back down on using it.

Anyway, the loli girl is bit annoying but otherwise it wasn't bad episode. Some of their baseball rules were kinda weird (why did she even run WITH her bat or why they didn't return the ball back?) but this is CGDCT anyway so I don't care much.
Heartwarming start, nothing different than usual I kinda enjoyed it. Of course, the drama in the end was there just for the sake of cliffhnager, of course they would be able to train in the school after they meet all the conditions.
Apr 13, 2019 10:34 PM
Apr 2019
The arts reminds me too much of love live lol..
But for the first episode i like it.. Arihara is the genki type girl typical leader but not annoying.. she is not force Akane to play or something.. and let her initiate to join the play.. and fun episode playing with kids..

My favorit so far is Akane..

I hope the baseball rule or something explained later.. so at least i know the game.. never play or watch baseball before so yeah.. thats much appreciated...
Apr 14, 2019 6:47 PM
Jul 2017
Hmm. Is this the present day version of Princess Nine from the 90s? Because Princess Nine had a girls' baseball team.
Apr 15, 2019 12:28 PM

Dec 2017
It reminds me of love live a lot except animation here is really awful

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

May 9, 2019 1:41 AM

Mar 2012
as a girl who always wanted to play baseball and never could - it's not a popular sport where i live and the few teams we can find are all boys-only -, i thought this could be endearing. and although i love the atmosphere and thought it was cute, ukita is insufferable to me. what a boring character - that hoodie can't smell good if she's wearing that all the time, even doing sports.
gonna give it a few more episodes to see if i'll stick to the series or just drop it.

but honestly, what's up with this synopsis??
fukumenkeiMay 9, 2019 11:06 AM
Jun 29, 2019 4:52 PM

Jul 2016
Well, since the Love Live jokes were already made, I guess I will refrain from doing another one.

"Decent" start. The plot is simple and the cast, though pretty stereotypical so far, seems to be interesting enough. That said, I hope Akane (the loli, if I remember her name correctly) can be less fearful in the next episodes since she really got me on my nerves for moments here.

Anyways, now let's see whether this "spokon" can offer something more than just cute girls trying to play baseball or not.
Oct 11, 2019 11:23 PM

Nov 2013
These girls are ridiculously cute! I can't believe that i like all the characters so far, usually i hate annoying or bland characters but they are all very likeable so far.
I'm impressed by MC. I thought she is going to be your standart boring but overpowered air-head without personality. But she is awesome! Passionate and strong but also delicate and kind.
I hope the other girls will be as good as original members.
GvendolineOct 28, 2019 7:16 PM
Mar 19, 2021 9:53 AM

Dec 2012
Love Live School Baseball Project! This has a nice, pleasant mood going for it. The hoodie girl is super adorable and reminds me of Ruby. It was fun watching her awkwardly break out of her shell to try something new.
Jun 6, 2021 12:18 PM

Feb 2020
That was so wholesome and relaxing. I really liked the first episode.

All these girls are so adorable, especially Akane. :3
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Jul 2012
Looks promising..
That I almost forgot this iz a baseball anime girl

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

40 by White_Alice »»
Sep 6, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

17 by White_Alice »»
Sep 6, 2023 4:23 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

21 by White_Alice »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

22 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2019

29 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.