Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 6, 2017 6:49 AM

Jul 2015
I hope I get new favorites in the future. It is depressing to think otherwise.

Rewatching is not satisfying as the first watch.

Oct 6, 2017 7:31 AM

Apr 2017
Yes, it changes, I still think anime will be bettered each passing season.

I also think favorites are not only one or two, but it can vary.

But it will take something wow to take out Urara Meirochou or Future GPX Cyber Formula off my list.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Oct 6, 2017 7:32 AM

Aug 2016
SAO was my first anime and it is my favorite, but it's still my favorite because it suits my taste perfectly (profile description for more detail on this).

I do have faith that maybe an anime will top it, take Kimi no na wa for example which is basically at SAO's level for me.
Oct 6, 2017 8:52 AM

May 2016
Unlikely, but possible. I never thought anything would topple Gurren Lagann until Fate/Zero came around, so there's always a chance for a usurper to ascend the throne.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Oct 6, 2017 8:54 AM

Sep 2017
Yu Yu Hakusho was one of my "gateway series", and I'll admit that's a big part of why it's my second favorite. I didn't think a series would ever come close to it until I watched Magi which is now at the same level as YYH.

As for my favorite series, HunterXHunter is something very special to me. There's no way anything else can even come close to it because it is the series that introduced me to my boyfriend. Nostalgia? Maybe, but that's my reason.

I also tend to look for series that give me the same feeling as YYH and HxH did when I first watched them. It's rare, but when I find those series, they instantly get moved to the top of my list.
Anime Roleplayer. Message Me If Interested.
Oct 6, 2017 9:01 AM

Nov 2016
Well Made in Abyss is now my third favourite anime, above Toradora. Toradora was the second anime I watched from beginning to end and remained my third favourite anime ever since before I finished Made in Abyss and I never thought I would prefer something to that ever.
Oct 6, 2017 9:01 AM
Jean Michel Salt

Oct 2015
Take mal suporter u got 10 more spot and then its easy

Oct 6, 2017 9:03 AM

Nov 2016
zesti said:

It's easy unless your favourites list is in order (like mine).
Oct 6, 2017 9:15 AM

Nov 2014
I really 'started' watching anime around August 2014, watched my favorite (Kino no Tabi) in October 2015, and it has consistently maintained that spot over the past two years. While I love it, I recognize it has a considerable amount of flaws and have really been hoping I can find a new number one. I'm doubtful, but I'd say one of the main reasons I continue watching anime is to find a new #1 favorite.

If the first season of March Comes in Like a Lion was split into two separate seasons, the first half would've made my #1...

---

As for my Top 10 on MAL, they change every now and then. Last change was 5 months ago when Momokuri barely squeezed into the #10 spot.
Oct 6, 2017 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
K-ON! is the anime that turned me to the weeb side. It became an instant favorite and still holds to this day, 8 years later. I don't think that'll change.
Oct 6, 2017 9:31 AM

Oct 2017
I watch anime since the beginning of the 90's, until around 2007 I didn't had a "favorite" anime.
Since I watched Simoun when it came out, to this day, I re-watched it some times, and it's still my favorite.

I'm probably very biased about it, can't say myself for sure, but probably.
Well...

Oct 6, 2017 11:06 AM
Jean Michel Salt

Oct 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:
zesti said:

It's easy unless your favourites list is in order (like mine).

Reverse ranking but yeah order is here :)

Oct 6, 2017 11:09 AM

Feb 2016
My favorite Anime is Hunter x Hunter (2011) for a long time already and it's really not easy to beat. Only if I will ever watch a Anime that is better than that. I feel like it's going to be soon.
Before Hunter x Hunter (2011) my favorite Anime was Code Geass and a long time ago Fairy Tail. It changed a lot of times but most of the time it took long to change.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Oct 6, 2017 11:15 AM

Feb 2010
I mean I don't really think about favorites in terms of only one show in the first place. I consider pretty much all my 8+ rated shows favorite material, and all the 9+ shows alltime favorites. Don't see too much of a point in ranking them. I usually do name Bebop as my favorite show if pressed to, but that's mostly because I rewatched it more often than my other favorites and it gets more enjoyable every time, not because I really value it that much more than my other 10s. I don't like comparing my favorites since a lot of them are my favorites for totally different reasons.

So yes, I do find new favorites all the time. From my first 100 shows maybe 1 or 2 are still left in my pool of extended favorites, and my initial favorites like Death Note, Code Geass or Elfen Lied have long sine been replaced as I grew up and my taste changed and I watched more shows.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 6, 2017 11:16 AM
Jan 2017
I mean tv show wise highly doubt it. While I do think without Nostalgia I would enjoy DBZ, I will admit there are shows that do it better, they won't capture the feeling of my childhood. That being said movie wise yes all the time. Granted IDK if anything will be better than Madoka Rebellion since that is a perfect movie, bite me.
Oct 6, 2017 11:34 AM

Feb 2015
I have a top 15 list... All ranked from 1-15 on how much I love them... It does change... But the numbers 1-5 haven't changed in many years... But I'm pretty open minded... If an anime blows me away I'll add it and remove another...

I also have a top 15 candidates list... It's like honorable mentions... For those who were close to reaching the top 15 but didn't quite make it

Yes I have a problem... I like making lists... I have lists... For everything....

EVERYTHING
Oct 6, 2017 11:45 AM

Aug 2014
Yes when they are the same level as steins;gate and clannad after story. Or makes me feel good like when I watch "senjou no valkyria"

nowdays after the biggest 500 shows it´s starting to get hard only to find interessting things to watch at all.
Oct 6, 2017 12:14 PM

May 2015
I thought it couldn't get better than Digimon Tamers and I found Kaiba. Stuff can happen, you know? Just keep searching, don't lose that drive, try things that don't look interesting, follow untraveled roads.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 6, 2017 12:25 PM

Jun 2017
The newest anime of my favorites is kinda my favorite one until I find something else.
So yes, it changes from time to time but I still love as much as before my other favorites.
Oct 6, 2017 12:49 PM

Jul 2016
Quaisar said:
For a lot of people, their favorite anime is the first anime they have watched.

This was true for about the first year of my anime watching experience (I’ve been watching for about 1 and a half years now), since the first anime where I *definitely* knew it was anime was Haikyuu, which I loved to pieces so much. I still love it to pieces, heck it’s still in my favorites, but it is definitely not my favorite anime ever, which I would probably give now to Psycho-Pass or Gurren Lagann.

Oct 6, 2017 1:24 PM

Apr 2017
Yes, I just found it. For a long time it was Blood+, but now it's Katekyo Hitman Reborn. It's just fantastic. The first 20 episodes suck, but the rest is pure gold.
Oct 6, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2016
My favorite anime was changing a lot until like the start of 2017?
Really love K-ON! and I think it'll stay like that for a while!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2017 2:32 PM
Jun 2016
i will hold a special place in my heart for evangelion, as it really changed my views on anime and encouraged me to check out better anime than the seasonal SoL shit i was watching before, but i think it can and may very well be dethroned at some point in the future.

people should not be steadfast with their favourites.
'ate gundam
Oct 6, 2017 2:43 PM

Aug 2012
Well Naruto is my favorite anime, but because of the nostalgia, that's why I don't put it in my favorites in my profile. But aside the nostalgia my favorite anime is Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and it'll be very difficult to replace it.

Oct 6, 2017 2:52 PM

Jul 2016
No, I do not, but you know, nowadays are enough good titles. Actually a lot of perfect anime was in 2006 then 2009 and then 2012 and this list a endless, because a new and talented people come to industry and we have developing, by the way be faggot isn't good idea and generally, staying one place/opinion too. So my favorite anime all time changing
Oct 6, 2017 3:14 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I've only ever changed my top 10 about twice ever since I made it over 3 years ago. I don't think any series can come along that would ever top Monogatari as my favorite series tbh.
Oct 6, 2017 3:20 PM

Feb 2016
They change. A lot actually (?)
10 favorites is not enough. I should become a supporter again.
[I don't have a 'real' Top 10 or anything like a 'constant' favorite list (or so).]
Oct 6, 2017 3:54 PM

Aug 2015
I cannot let go of one of my first animes. It was just too awesome and it will always be in my top list. But I have discovered many amazing animes since then, and they are now almost at the same level (same quality, same emotions, etc) I just cannot change the fact they were not the first I came across. So while the new discoveries cannot replace the former favorites.... I would say my list of favorites does not change, but it surely increases.
Oct 6, 2017 4:08 PM

Jan 2017
My top 10 as a whole is pretty static - in fact, I've only filled 8 out of the 10 spots, and I'm in no hurry to make up the last two. Essentially, if there's any doubt as to whether an anime belongs on that list, it doesn't.

However, I have no problem with rearranging it if I come across a show I really love for whatever reason. A lot of the shows on there are quite recent, so I don't think nostalgia is a factor.

My favourite itself - well, MAL doesn't really let me show it, but it's the Monogatari series as a whole, and it'd take something special to dislodge it. No individual season is better than Madoka Magica (although Owari S2 comes damn close), but taken as a whole it wins. Between those two, I don't see anything taking over anytime soon - but who knows? Anything's possible.
Oct 6, 2017 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
My favorites aren't set in stone, my favorite characters list changed while I was writing this post. But I have just 4 favorite animes so far, I might give 10 easily but to enter in that list the selection is brutal. Unless the anime speaks to my soul and tackle my very essence, it's not gonna enter
Oct 6, 2017 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
Nah I think my current #1 anime will still be my favorite even years from now, I'm just as in love with it as I was when I first watched it lolol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 12:14 AM

Jun 2012
Well, I think I'm totally open for new experiences and have loved some relatively recent titles, but I'm also aware of the fact that I have a slight bias for the 1990s, maybe because that's when I was a kid or maybe because I just happen to like certain aesthetics. It's not really about nostalgia pertaining to certain titles though, because I watched very little anime in those days. We're talking about a few titles. I like them, but they're not even my favorites. NGE is from the '90s and is my only 10 (though I predict it might be a 9 on re-watch) but I didn't watch it until maybe 2010 or something. I have more nostalgia for say 2015 than 2010 so no, I don't think that's gonna be an issue...
Oct 7, 2017 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
No way LUUUL. After years I still can't find a better anime.
Oct 7, 2017 1:07 AM

Jun 2016
My current favorite anime is Noragami and I've been a big fan for almost 2 years now. I think it's going to stay my number one favorite anime for a long time.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 7, 2017 1:08 AM

May 2015
Aburadako said:
Well, I think I'm totally open for new experiences and have loved some relatively recent titles, but I'm also aware of the fact that I have a slight bias for the 1990s, maybe because that's when I was a kid or maybe because I just happen to like certain aesthetics. It's not really about nostalgia pertaining to certain titles though, because I watched very little anime in those days. We're talking about a few titles. I like them, but they're not even my favorites. NGE is from the '90s and is my only 10 (though I predict it might be a 9 on re-watch) but I didn't watch it until maybe 2010 or something. I have more nostalgia for say 2015 than 2010 so no, I don't think that's gonna be an issue...

How much did you explore that era? If not much, dive in. You might get the 'whoa' that you're looking for. To find great things you must dig constantly.

HorribleCatPun said:
My absolute favorite will probably never change because I liked very specific things about it and if there's something else with the same things at this point it'll just feel like a copy. However, the rest of my top 10 change a lot, I mean I have 2 in my top 5 that are from 2015 (Sure that seems far now but that year really changed my top 10 at the time). I'm always re-thinking what I like after everything I watch and then even after it's been awhile I go back and question whether I truly enjoyed something or I was just too into the hype.

I thought something similar, but I noticed that masterpieces always redefine the meaning of 'good' to me. I had a concrete idea of why Digimon Tamers was the apex, but Kaiba just brought something totally new.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 7, 2017 1:32 AM

Feb 2015
Personally, my 'favorite anime' tab was always sorta empty. I tend to be pretty critical so I rarely ever give 10/10 to an anime, however, most of my new favorite additions scored a 9/10 for me.
The first 3 anime I had on there were Hunter x Hunter, Steins;Gate and Death Note, which were not my first ones, and it stayed that way for a pretty long time. Only after encountering more anime, the list would expand but HxH and Steins;Gate still keep their spot not due to nostalgia, but because I absolutely love everything about them and reckon they are the best anime for me.
I watched Death Note first but I still prefer the other 2 so for me its not much about nostalgia
Oct 7, 2017 2:36 AM

Jun 2012
TheBrainintheJar said:
Aburadako said:

How much did you explore that era? If not much, dive in. You might get the 'whoa' that you're looking for. To find great things you must dig constantly.

Oh, not much at all. Taking a quick glance at my list I'd say 20-25 titles including specials.
I don't really ever do that, explore eras I mean. I seek out stuff that seems good and it can be from any era. There's a bunch of shows from the '90s that I plan on watching so we'll see! :)
Oct 7, 2017 3:08 AM

Jan 2017
I never though I would find a new fav anime until the day I watched "pingu in the city "
This anime is a true masterpiece NOOT NOOT
Oct 7, 2017 3:30 AM

Sep 2014
Maybe I'll find a new favorite show in the future. Everything changes after all.
My current favorite is Kemono No Souja Erin because It makes me reconciliated with anime/manga when I was so pissed off by shonens and this souless japanese good-looking charac-design and those lolitas with giant weapons.

The future will tell...
Oct 7, 2017 3:43 AM

Sep 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:
I never though I would find a new fav anime until the day I watched "pingu in the city "
This anime is a true masterpiece NOOT NOOT
lol you're really spreading the word xd

anyways, on topic; it's possible I guess
Oct 7, 2017 3:44 AM

Apr 2017
seems like it;-;; cus this show is too cute >,< https://myanimelist.net/anime/35838/Shoujo_Shuumatsu_Ryokou

still life: pink roses
Oct 7, 2017 3:50 AM

Aug 2016
hard to say really, I know there are some anime i've yet to see that I know stand a good chance of me liking them a lot (e.g Monster) but it'd take a world beater to be able to stand up to Mawaru Penguindrum or Madoka Magica in my opinion.

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Oct 7, 2017 3:53 AM

Jul 2013
I doubt I will find something I will like as much as my current favourite series, but I'm sure I will find something who can turn into one of my favs one day.
Oct 7, 2017 3:56 AM
Sep 2017
Quaisar said:
For a lot of people, their favorite anime is the first anime they have watched. Or an anime that brings a nostalgic feel from the past.

Some people in this position seem to never let go of that one favorite anime from the past to offer new space for another. They seem biased toward other anime because it doesn't give the 'nostalgic' or 'classic' feel of their old favorite anime.

My Question to you all is, are you in this position, or does your favorite anime change from time to time?

Thanks

I wouldn't say my fav anime changes
More I'll be add on to my favourites list

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Oct 7, 2017 4:02 AM

May 2017
For me personally I don't think I will ever find an anime that surpasses Dragon Ball as my favourite. I know full well that it is far from the best anime that I've seen in terms of story telling, character development, etc

But its the first anime I remember watching and the same story as many others, id wake up at 5 in the morning just to watch it and then watch it later again after school. It sort of has a bullet proof vest in a way, as since it was what got me in to anime, anything else I watch I wouldn't be if it wasn't for Dragon Ball.
Oct 7, 2017 4:15 AM
Oct 2017
it is possible..i started watching anime over 5 years ago and my fav have definitely changed from that time..if i had to make a top 10 now it would be way different from back than.

FlexitanderOct 7, 2017 4:18 AM
Oct 7, 2017 4:16 AM

Mar 2015
It changes, but rarely. Not one of my first anime is in my top 5/10 now.
woah there
Oct 7, 2017 4:21 AM

Sep 2015
My favourite has been the same for about 2 years now, though I only started watching 3 years ago? I really can't see it changing though, everything about it embodies everything I love about fiction imo. Number #2 isn't even close.

For reference, my #1 is Hunter x Hunter (2011), and my #2 is Gurren Lagann.
Oct 7, 2017 4:50 AM

Mar 2013
My favourite Anime is Gintama and unchanged in my list since I joined MAL. If you ask me, I rewatch Gintama like whenever I'm bored or in free time and wanted to watch some. Same thing with Doraemon, Detective Conan & Shokugeki no Souma manga too...
I don't think I could find something that could replace that...

But for other series that I think I find something better than that series, It's possible that I could change them from time-to-time (usually every 2 season for me, and there's a chance I might put it back later). But for something that I usually rewatch or reread occasionally or I think is REALLY a masterpiece or the Best of All, no...
Rio-Oct 7, 2017 4:54 AM
Oct 7, 2017 5:26 AM

Nov 2016
In the first couple of months I watched anime, my favourite anime changed alot. But when you watch more and more , eventually you find the 'perfect' show for you . In my case its: shigatsu wa kimi no uso, since i love the genres (drama, romance , music etc.) and play music myself.
Simon
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » (Poll) Best out of the "Big 3"

NessieMAL - 2 hours ago

27 by NessieMAL »»
3 minutes ago

» When did the term “Japanimation” started to become “anime” and what was the cause of that?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

37 by ColourWheel »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime with children characters vs anime with adult characters?

GoatPieceLuffy - 1 hour ago

7 by logopolis »»
14 minutes ago

» What's the most interesting thing that came out of an anime girl's mouth?

Catalano - May 21

28 by Kiryotsu »»
17 minutes ago

» Why do people hate MAPPA?

BuddhaIsBetter - 1 hour ago

9 by Serafos »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.