Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 22, 2017 2:17 PM

Dec 2014
Nyu said:
Frag- said:
If you're fighting for equal rights, you're feminist like anyone else. If you want more rights you're just a sexist, simple as that.
Sexism is having more rights than the other sex, just like feminazis.

The word, is just misused now a days.

The word is used appropriately to describe feminists of today.
It is significant amounts of people who call themselves feminists, that are sexist.
The vast majority of Feminists in power are sexist.
I know it's highly used this way, but feminism is mainly egalitarian. You comfortably call them sexists, and not feminism.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Sep 22, 2017 2:19 PM

Jul 2016
Frag- said:
Nyu said:

The word is used appropriately to describe feminists of today.
It is significant amounts of people who call themselves feminists, that are sexist.
The vast majority of Feminists in power are sexist.
I know it's highly used this way, but feminism is mainly egalitarian. You comfortably call them sexists, and not feminism.

Well they are calling themselves feminists, and it's quite a big amount of feminists.

I think it's fair that the meaning of Feminism has changed.
Sep 22, 2017 2:49 PM

Apr 2017
MangoYuri said:

I don't believe any study has been done, and it's from my personal experiences not belief. I'm afraid I don't understand what the picture is implying but I never said that feminists can't be different people.

I don't believe feminists were "sent up by Satan from hell to destroy all innocent little men".

I think the image is meant to contravene the feminist-stereotype of a crazy woman who "hates men" or whatever, and the belief that "crazy ones" are a majority of feminists and just to show how different feminists really are.
Sep 22, 2017 2:50 PM

Dec 2014
Nyu said:
Frag- said:

Well they are calling themselves feminists, and it's quite a big amount of feminists.

I think it's fair that the meaning of Feminism has changed.
The meaning of the word could have changed for some cases, but it still main philosophy is egalitarianism, not sexism.
*shrugs* Do I really need to say that everytime?

No it's not really fair to change it.
Sep 22, 2017 2:51 PM

Nov 2011
because most people don't differentiate feminists and feminazis

Sep 22, 2017 2:51 PM

Dec 2016
DId somebody bring up abortion? LMFAO! But seriously, if I could like just tap into the Patriarch hivemind and do some rewiring, just a little tweaking if you would. Oh my God, would I! Like, actively, select for non-feminist when selecting for a mate. Or at the very least, just wear a condom, always. Seriously. You will thank me later.

Cute grill walks up to me
Oh hi!
I am such and such!
I enjoy everything you do, but I am a die hard feminist!
Me: I am gay. So gay. Like, imy life seriously revolves around me smoking strange pole.
Walks off. Gets drunk at strip club.
Sep 22, 2017 2:57 PM

Nov 2016
swirlydragon said:
Here's the real definition of feminism (according to google):-
"the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes."
Now can someone tell me what's wrong with this definition?
Nothing!
Absolutely nothing!
It's true that men enjoy extra priviledges than women in almost all countries.
I personally think that in order for our civilization to advance, discrimination on the basis of sex should be banned
And that is one of the major goals of feminism.
Every person regardless of what their gender is should enjoy equal rights/opportunities and should not be discriminated on the basis of their sex.
Therefore, according to me feminism is a good thing.
Don't get me wrong tho.
I don't support feminazis who beat men and think of them as inferior (and they also want more rights than men)
But as people say, there are bad people in almost all communities, but that doesn't mean you should generalize the whole community because of it.
Anyway, what do you guys think?
Is feminism a good thing?
Why do people hate feminists?
Is it right to generalize all feminists just because some feminazis do some bad things?

Praise jesus, someone actually gets it!!

I find that people who oppose feminism is either sexist or severely under informed ignorants who cling to their pre-conceived notions. Equality y'all.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Sep 24, 2017 2:32 PM

Jul 2016
Mayling said:
swirlydragon said:
Here's the real definition of feminism (according to google):-
"the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes."
Now can someone tell me what's wrong with this definition?
Nothing!
Absolutely nothing!
It's true that men enjoy extra priviledges than women in almost all countries.
I personally think that in order for our civilization to advance, discrimination on the basis of sex should be banned
And that is one of the major goals of feminism.
Every person regardless of what their gender is should enjoy equal rights/opportunities and should not be discriminated on the basis of their sex.
Therefore, according to me feminism is a good thing.
Don't get me wrong tho.
I don't support feminazis who beat men and think of them as inferior (and they also want more rights than men)
But as people say, there are bad people in almost all communities, but that doesn't mean you should generalize the whole community because of it.
Anyway, what do you guys think?
Is feminism a good thing?
Why do people hate feminists?
Is it right to generalize all feminists just because some feminazis do some bad things?

I find that people who oppose feminism is either sexist or severely under informed ignorants who cling to their pre-conceived notions. Equality y'all.

Using an outdated definition to prove your argument is meaningless. Everyone knows women have equal rights in the West, and all they are striving for is more rights than men.
Sep 24, 2017 2:34 PM

May 2013
I don't know. It's often associated with mud slinging at certain women, and the idea that there's actually no sexism in the modern world.

It's probably some sort of personal challenge that many people are unable or unwilling to meet.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 24, 2017 2:39 PM
Feb 2017
it's good to see nothing has changed in Casual Discussion since I was last here.
Sep 24, 2017 2:43 PM

Jul 2016
imeli said:
it's good to see nothing has changed in Casual Discussion since I was last here.

Well of course nothing has changed, since Feminism is the scourge of modern society, people will oppose it.
Sep 24, 2017 2:44 PM

Apr 2017
hate em because they cant meme for shit.
too many shitty tumblr gifs and xDs for me you know....
(though swirly, you are quite the meme, however the meme is that you you just post shitty assad or emelia memes in that weird annoying like half sentence and move on to the next line style haha)
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Sep 24, 2017 3:26 PM

Dec 2008
I guess women should try out construction jobs and other heavy jobs, and then later they can give feed back if they wanna continue this issue of quality.

As us men, we should go shopping and have fun.

This feminism thingy has poisoned my head, and it fed nothing more but hate against women. Yet I still love women, but smart women.
Sep 24, 2017 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
imeli said:

oh look another local conspiracy theorist is back to pollute boards aside from CE again
good fucking lordy loo
Sep 24, 2017 4:08 PM

Jul 2016
Well, people hate feminists because they support censorship and discrimination.
Sep 24, 2017 4:18 PM

Jul 2014
There are feminists out there who are blatantly misandric, transphobic (TERFs), sex negative, censorious, dogmatic, easily offended and dismiss all dissenting opinions as bigotry. That and the fact that many still parrot dated talking points as well as gloss over the genuine subjugation of women in countries like Saudi Arabia and instead opting to focus on trivial bullshit. That being said, I am aware that they aren't representative of all feminists as there are rational individuals with nuanced opinions who identify as such.
Take care of yourself

Sep 24, 2017 4:29 PM

Mar 2014
Joseph_Stalin1 said:
People hate feminists because they are not COMMUNIST.
This right here

All hail comrade Stalin
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 24, 2017 5:24 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Nyu said:
Well, people hate feminists because they support censorship and discrimination.

I must admit, you are pretty good at what you are doing. I don't really know why you are doing it, but it doesn't matter. I also had a lot of free time when I was your age. My interests might have been a bit different but who cares, it's all in the past now. Have no regrets, in 20 years you'll be proudly saying "I've spent nearly 2 years of my life shitposting on an anime forum. Day and night. You'll never believe how many people I pissed off.".

Sep 24, 2017 5:26 PM

Feb 2014
Because real life feminists don't practice the "real definition of feminism", not only that but the feminist movement nowadays is sexist, authoritarian, mysandric, colectivist and leftist.
Sep 25, 2017 7:20 AM
Feb 2017
spuukiebuugi said:
imeli said:

oh look another local conspiracy theorist is back to pollute boards aside from CE again
good fucking lordy loo

the world is flat. i don't care what you people say.
Sep 25, 2017 7:24 AM

Oct 2016
people hate feminists because...... they're gay.
Sep 25, 2017 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
imeli said:
spuukiebuugi said:

good fucking lordy loo

There are many people around the globe, who would absolutely agree with you.
Sep 25, 2017 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
imeli said:
spuukiebuugi said:

good fucking lordy loo

I hope you fall off the edge of it then
Sep 25, 2017 4:13 PM

Nov 2016
Nyu said:
Mayling said:

Using an outdated definition to prove your argument is meaningless. Everyone knows women have equal rights in the West, and all they are striving for is more rights than men.

Women in the west do not hold complete equality, but we have come a really long way in terms of equality. One of the major problems is people like you who clearly have issues with females... Another reason why feminism is still needed can be seen under every comment field debating feminism.

Then again I'm not really in the mood to argue with a bigoted little boy like you who feel the need to spread your misinformed ideas every-fucking-where.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Sep 25, 2017 4:17 PM

Jul 2016
Mayling said:
Nyu said:

Women in the west do not hold complete equality, but we have come a really long way in terms of equality. One of the major problems is people like you who clearly have issues with females... Another reason why feminism is still needed can be seen under every comment field debating feminism.

Then again I'm not really in the mood to argue with a bigoted little boy like you who feel the need to spread your misinformed ideas every-fucking-where.

Women in the West hold equal, if not higher equality than men. So because I disagree with feminism, that means I have issues with women, that is hilarious.
So Feminism is needed because people disagree with it.

Ah, so instead of having a debate, you'd rather spread your misinformed ideas everywhere.
Sep 25, 2017 4:23 PM

Nov 2016
Nyu said:
Mayling said:

Women in the West hold equal, if not higher equality than men. So because I disagree with feminism, that means I have issues with women, that is hilarious.

Ah, so instead of having a debate, you'd rather spread your misinformed ideas everywhere.

Debating with you truly doesn't interest me enough. Bye bye now.
Sep 25, 2017 4:31 PM

Jul 2016
Mayling said:
Nyu said:

Debating with you truly doesn't interest me enough. Bye bye now.

Ah, I guess debating with someone of superior skill is too difficult.
Sep 25, 2017 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
I don't think that people, in general, hate feminists; it seems to be an Internet thing for the most part, where it's often perpetuated that "feminazis" are always going about trying to ruin everything. I've never met a feminist like that in the offline world, because they're caricatures based off certain individuals that you're never going to have to deal with.

I'm pretty ambivalent when it comes to identity politics or whatever you wanna call it, but I try not to get too carried away by what I read or watch online, because things are often amplified or blown out of proportions. Yeah, sure there are a few select feminists that are obnoxious, but they're not all bad. Feminism still has a place – especially in the less developed parts of the world.
Sep 25, 2017 4:40 PM

Sep 2012
Delusional conspiracy theorists with political, legal, and media power.

Just an all around awful combination.
Sep 25, 2017 4:59 PM

Mar 2008
Feminism isn't just a word it's a whole ideology with many varieties but what they all have in common is a delusional omnipresense of an all powerful patriarchy. The only exception to this is Marxist Feminism which is a branch of feminism that places blame on capitalism instead of a patriarchy. Feminism is biased in it's name alone even in how it explicitly states it's about focusing on women. The better ideology is egalitarianism which in this case is more specifically gender egalitarianism.
traedSep 26, 2017 12:25 AM
Sep 25, 2017 5:03 PM

Jul 2016
Moog said:
I don't think that people, in general, hate feminists; it seems to be an Internet thing for the most part, where it's often perpetuated that "feminazis" are always going about trying to ruin everything. I've never met a feminist like that in the offline world, because they're caricatures based off certain individuals that you're never going to have to deal with.

I'm pretty ambivalent when it comes to identity politics or whatever you wanna call it, but I try not to get too carried away by what I read or watch online, because things are often amplified or blown out of proportions. Yeah, sure there are a few select feminists that are obnoxious, but they're not all bad. Feminism still has a place – especially in the less developed parts of the world.

Feminism has no place in modern society. Discrimination is wrong, and you shouldn't support it.
Sep 25, 2017 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
Mayling said:
Nyu said:

I don't even think that those guys are "a reason". There will always be hatred against certain "groups" and people spreading misinformed ideas etc... everywhere. And I don't think that you could stop this completely, because humans are individuals and you will never get a homogenous opinion in a society... and you shouldn't try either, because that would be forced.

The majority and people, who actually could enact laws, are more important imo.
As long as such a person isn't your boss, teacher or anyone else, who has some sort of power over you, you shouldn't give people, who rant in a comment field, too much credit. ^^"
It makes them appear more powerful and larger in numbers than they really are. That's always the case, when the more extrem opinions dominate over the moderate group, who are silent or just moderate about their views.
removed-userSep 25, 2017 10:47 PM
Sep 26, 2017 7:03 AM

Jul 2016
Why do people defend feminism by pulling up Google's definition? Google's definition of a movement doesn't define that movement. The movement's actions do.
Sep 26, 2017 7:21 AM

Apr 2017
Motorfinger said:
Why do people defend feminism by pulling up Google's definition? Google's definition of a movement doesn't define that movement. The movement's actions do.

If think people just wanna stick to facts by using actual definitions.
Sep 26, 2017 8:41 AM

Dec 2014
Nyu said:
Moog said:

Feminism has no place in modern society. Discrimination is wrong, and you shouldn't support it.
As I said, it's sexism if you discriminate someone because of their sex, not feminism.
Sep 26, 2017 8:43 AM

Jul 2016
Frag- said:
Nyu said:

As I said, it's sexism if you discriminate someone because of their sex, not feminism.

Most feminists are sexist, so the meaning has changed.
Sep 26, 2017 1:06 PM

Dec 2014
Nyu said:
Frag- said:

Most feminists are sexist, so the meaning has changed.
*Most "so called" feminists, aren't feminists.
The word should be "egalitarism", no feminism.
Sep 26, 2017 3:33 PM

Sep 2017
for the same reason people hate anything else, because they need to focus their fears and ignorance into something to feel better about themselves. Same reason people hate gays or vegans or atheists

And everyone thinks feminists are all female....well shit dudes, if there is rape protection for males in jail thank feminists, if males can be nurses also thank feminists.
Sep 26, 2017 4:02 PM

Jul 2015
new gen femeniast no practiec wat they preach
just misandrists trying get powertrip by confronting anything male, then do cryings 'sexist'

product is made by males w/ inteded target market is males? nop, force them cater females rather than maek or suport female products
males dominating particular industry? nop nop, force ppls to lower bar so women can partcipaet, grill power!
males overrepresented in work-related death, acidents, suicide, homelessness, & prison? am see no femenist championing equality for femaels in thes area. just dumb males being dumb amirite?

am oterwise dun caer abot them
howver when harmless things am liek spoiled by femenist activiteis
it becoems very difcult to emphatize /w their suposed 'equality' goal.
Sep 26, 2017 4:05 PM

May 2016
Because some people (like me) associate the term with SJW and tbh I personally knew girls that were/are like that and called themselves so-called "feminists".
Claiming they were that and then shutting my ass down when I made some fucked up and dark sex jokes, even THOUGH they know I'm that kind of a person.

Look, I support the so-called 'Woman = Man' mindset thing-a-ma-bob and I think that neither woman nor man is superior.
However with my experience the girls that were feminists , they actually thought THEY were superior than men and it didn't matter wheter it was biologically, sexually or mentally.
And there was also this issue with sexism with some female bias. Trying to shut me up and shit like that.

If this feminism stuff was REALLY supportive against what it says it is, then the word shouldn't be based off any gender tbh.

That is why I ain't down with "feminists''/SJWs
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Sep 26, 2017 4:18 PM

Jul 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
Mayling said:

I don't even think that those guys are "a reason". There will always be hatred against certain "groups" and people spreading misinformed ideas etc... everywhere. And I don't think that you could stop this completely, because humans are individuals and you will never get a homogenous opinion in a society... and you shouldn't try either, because that would be forced.

As long as such a person isn't your boss, teacher or anyone else, who has some sort of power over you, you shouldn't give people, who rant in a comment field, too much credit. ^^"
It makes them appear more powerful and larger in numbers than they really are. That's always the case, when the more extrem opinions dominate over the moderate group, who are silent or just moderate about their views.

People dislike feminism because of it's toxicity. And Feminists are the minority, there have been surveys.

The ones spreading propaganda are people like you, who ignore all the discrimination that Feminists push.

And feminists are certainly "moderate", ya know, enacting discriminatory laws, and giving women special treatment.
Sep 26, 2017 4:19 PM

Jul 2016
zodd0 said:
Motorfinger said:

If think people just wanna stick to facts by using actual definitions.

So the actions of the group are meaningless, all that matters is an outdated definition.

Luxuos said:
for the same reason people hate anything else, because they need to focus their fears and ignorance into something to feel better about themselves. Same reason people hate gays or vegans or atheists

And everyone thinks feminists are all female....well shit dudes, if there is rape protection for males in jail thank feminists, if males can be nurses also thank feminists.

Feminism is clearly about supremacy, the actions of feminists in power, prove this.
RuneRemSep 26, 2017 4:30 PM
Sep 26, 2017 4:25 PM

May 2010
God damn I just wanna get along with people and have fun.

I don't hate feminists. I dislike people who try to take advantage of others, people that manipulate, lie, and use force in order to get what they want. I dislike people who seemingly willingly let themselves be deluded when a vast amount of information exists to dispel their delusions.

I dislike people who fuck shit up, take the fun out of life, distort reality, and divide everyone.
Sep 26, 2017 4:29 PM

Jun 2012
Almost all self-proclaimed feminists I've talked to have an anti-science stance. This is pretty mainstream.
They want quotas because, as they see it, difference in outcome just can't be for any other reason than unjust discrimination. Never mind that there's already plenty of science describing very real differences between average men and women. "Differences between men and women? I think it's all nurture." These people tend to say, as if there were nothing more reliable than personal anecdotes to take into consideration when trying to assess such things. Of course, they tend to be postmodernists too so, of course, science is just a patriarchal construct that should be smashed with the rest of society. :)
Now I have to say - because I know what responses I'll get otherwise - that I don't mean that there's NO discrimination against women (certainly there is, especially outside the west) and neither am I saying that culture isn't shaping gender roles, but it's quite ironic that in the countries were women are the freest (e.g. Norway, Sweden), gender differences in occupation are at their greatest. This implies that when people are relatively freer to choose their own lifepaths rather than having to live up to societal expectations, they are actually more 'feminine' and more 'masculine' in their choices (on average). This contradicts one of the most popular feminist narratives.
Sep 26, 2017 4:33 PM

Jun 2008
Hmm....I wonder why...

> Patriarchy

>"The Wage Gap"

>"Rape Culture"

> Male Hatred

>Vitctimhood mentality

> SJW mindset

> Female Superiority
Sep 26, 2017 4:58 PM

Apr 2017
Because feminism is cancer. Period.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2017 5:05 PM

Jun 2015
anyone who identifies as anything is an idiot

Sep 26, 2017 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
Nyu said:
Maneki-Mew said:

People dislike feminism because of it's toxicity. And Feminists are the minority, there have been surveys.

The ones spreading propaganda are people like you, who ignore all the discrimination that Feminists push.

And feminists are certainly "moderate", ya know, enacting discriminatory laws, and giving women special treatment.

Now you know it, guys. I'm evil. ;D

Aburadako said:

They want quotas because, as they see it, difference in outcome just can't be for any other reason than unjust discrimination. Never mind that there's already plenty of science describing very real differences between average men and women. "Differences between men and women? I think it's all nurture."

True, that's nonesense, but there aren't so many people either, who are saying this. I mean, I met a woman, who just doesn't want to understand how statistics and an arithmetic mean, let alone a median, work and was like: but there are women, who have more muscles than a slim man and some women have more testosterone than others etc... therefore there shouldn't be sport teams for men and women... Are you kidding me? ^^"
And when you do surveys, you must come up with some sort of statistics. The "everyone is individual"-thought doesn't work in science. You can't manage your data with that.
And btw, feelings and personal beliefs and experiences / bias don't mix with science so well.
Oct 1, 2017 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
i mean, anyone loyal to a cause is fine to me, like feminists for feminism, but it's the extremists of each group that inspire hate from others
Oct 1, 2017 8:15 PM

Jul 2012
Omelettecat said:
because most people don't differentiate feminists and feminazis
The thing is... Feminists hate the word "feminazi" so if people can't call the extremists as feminazi, they'll just call them SJWs or feminists and therefore, they're grouped together.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is the point of participating in the community when the returns are negligible?

PostMahouShoujo - Jun 1

18 by MalchikRepaid »»
15 minutes ago

» Travel to Europe. Pls help

labellim - Feb 4, 2022

21 by MalchikRepaid »»
24 minutes ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - May 27

93 by tired »»
42 minutes ago

» The growing link between extreme rain and respiratory health in Japan

Meusnier - 3 hours ago

3 by LoveYourSmile »»
1 hour ago

» balance b/w creative freedom and general censorship

ame - 5 hours ago

5 by LoveYourSmile »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.