Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 25, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2008
Is this a love interest for Atsushi?
May 25, 2016 9:10 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Love Akiko. She's awesome.
Lol at everyone dissappearing when Akiko wanted to go shopping XD

Atsushi was finally able to control his powers :D
Took a liking to Kyouka as well, Felt sad for her.

Dazai got captured by Akutagawa, Didn't expect that :o

Next episode looks fun with Kyouka and Atsushi going on a date .
May 25, 2016 9:24 PM

Feb 2016
Is the video flickering or just me?
May 25, 2016 10:56 PM

Jun 2013
that was dark the blood and people getting killed i like how serious this is
May 25, 2016 11:45 PM

May 2016
I like how Yosano-sensei needs to "half-kill" her "victims" to heal them kek
I don't know why but I ship her with lemonguy XDDD I reaally like Demon Snow's appearance a lot too, even in the manga... Too bad Kyouka couldn't control her :(
May 25, 2016 11:58 PM

Nov 2015
Lol, I feel bad for Yoshino's patients, such a ruthless ability! She was really great at the end with the big weapon for lemon bomber.

Kyouka's ability is damn good, clever of the Port Mafia to get rid of Dazai first. But I wonder why didn't he subdue her ability, maybe because of crowd perhaps.

Damn I wonder when Atsushi learns to control his ability, he's gonna be a total beast (no pun intended). His tiger hand was funny to see return again.

The anime now going for two ep arcs now perhaps? I wonder what's in store for Dazai and Akutakawa.
bluebear_toraMay 26, 2016 1:57 AM
May 26, 2016 12:55 AM
Apr 2015
cool episode. better than the previous ones for sure. Kyouka's such an interesting character, not bad. Her ability looks pretty and deadly too. Also props to Doc Akiko.

for the preview,i can't wait for Atsushi and Kyouka's "date" and more of Dazai's past, hopefully, and the new guy.
May 26, 2016 1:44 AM

Jul 2007
Jotakak said:
I'm annoyed that what happened last episode with Dazai was brushed off as if it never happened and no one was affected...

What should Kunikida do? Throw a fit? They are grown ups. Their personal differences can't affect the work more than it already does.
Hell it also explains why Kunikida is so ambivalent towards searching for him here too.

bluebear_tora said:

Kyouka's ability is damn good, clever of the Port Mafia to get rid of Dazai first. But I wonder why didn't he subdue her ability, maybe because of crowd perhaps.

This somehow does not look like "oh shit I got suddenly captured!" face:

I would not be surprised if Dazai wanted this to happen for whatever reason. From the last arc we know that he does not exactly play "fair".
May 26, 2016 2:01 AM

Nov 2015
Fai said:

I would not be surprised if Dazai wanted this to happen for whatever reason. From the last arc we know that he does not exactly play "fair".

Ooo now that you say it, I didn't noticed his face back then, oh Dazai you sneaky bastard. I now remember at the beginning how everyone was saying Dazai isn't too easy to be dealt with, not even the Port Mafia.
May 26, 2016 3:21 AM

Nov 2012
this episode was pretty good, especially when atsushi saved kyouka. i wonder if she's going to be a love interest for him.
May 26, 2016 3:40 AM

Dec 2013
Holy crap, this episode was absolutely amazing. It's good to see the main character finally developing his skill a little more, and not just sit around the office and do nothing. Great episode!
May 26, 2016 4:49 AM

Jan 2015
I'd deliberately get injured everyday if I could get Dr. Yosano's "treatment". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Everyone has abandoned ship. Yosano too OP
The power of Zoan devil fruits, Atsushi is the Rob Lucci of Bungou
Yoo Demon Snow looks good!
Shiet someone needs to protect Yosano
YOO look at her just chilling
Holy shit the torture from her.
As I expected, that button instead makes the bomb explode. WHY YOU DO THIS TO KYOUKA?
YES SHE'S SAVED!!
I can see a brand new ship.
Dazai caught, you won't be able to do anything to him though.
Atsushi moving fast with Kyouka I see. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
3.4/5
May 26, 2016 5:05 AM

Jul 2013
Let's see how our vocalist of GRANRODEO will fit as Chuuya next episode.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
May 26, 2016 5:57 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Atsushi x Kyouka <3 They are cute together.

Great episode. Seems like it's going in the right direction now.
May 26, 2016 7:00 AM

Dec 2013
Atsushi was finally awesome in this episode. I liked it. His opponent becomes his date for next episode (though given the blood and Kyouka's expression in some of the preview, I'm afraid it won't end happy).

Akiko's ability is crazy.... but did she just save the Lemon Bomber just now??? His butt looked shiny as a mofo at the end there.... What're they gonna do with that guy? And seriously, how does her power work anyway? It's like everyone that gets "treated" by her ends up squealing in ecstasy... :P

In any case, this episode was pretty good on the whole, who would have thought it'd be better without Dazai and the others....
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 26, 2016 7:00 AM

Oct 2014
The characters in this anime are just phenomenal, really.

This ep we got 2 amazing female characters and honestly it's hard to pick which one I prefer Akiko is just amazing and she seems like such an interesting character. But for me Kyouka, when she jumped out of the train with that look on her face I was shouting for Atsushi to save her. AND HE DID!!! can't wait to see more of her next ep.
May 26, 2016 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
Episode cute, we finally see something new and the appearance of a certain character, early eons ago in history, happy! Since the beginning of the series, I had the feeling, that the character of Akiko sooner or later, would be entered in the team of detectives. Growth Atsushi still very mild, in the order of commas, but that's okay. Drawings and anime, excellent, ditto for the sets.
May 26, 2016 7:42 AM
Jun 2015
Definitely my favourite episode so far along with episode 7.
Akiko is a fucking queen after this episode. 'Nuff said.
I really like Kyouka so far, and I'm glad Atsushi saved her, I didn't expect him to save her. I think I ship them already.
Dazai got kidnapped? Damn, I hope someone helps him out soon.
Now I need to decide best girl: Kyouka or Akiko..
Oh well, time will tell.

May 26, 2016 7:55 AM

Oct 2015
loli Samurai girl made this anime great again.
May 26, 2016 8:24 AM

Feb 2016
As an anime only i have to say this episode was a little different from what we've seen already. Normally there is much very much dialogue and in the mid of the episode there is the action. This time it was almost throughout the whole episode action with little introduction to the problem. The only thing i got from paying attention to the context of the show was that this bombing guy has been in cahoot with the port mafia as well as that samurai girl. The episode itself was quite intense in this regard. I didn't understand where those twisted feelings of this girl with the bomb came from.
May 26, 2016 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
Fai said:
Jotakak said:
I'm annoyed that what happened last episode with Dazai was brushed off as if it never happened and no one was affected...

What should Kunikida do? Throw a fit? They are grown ups. Their personal differences can't affect the work more than it already does.
Hell it also explains why Kunikida is so ambivalent towards searching for him here too.

"They are grown ups"? If the kid someone practically adopted and felt responsible for died, I don't care how old you are. Usually that's something you're not able to easily put behind you. And I wasn't expecting Kunikida to "throw a fit" (Seriously? Your response to me is so blatantly antagonizing.) but even if it was just a flashback and a look, basically just the episode itself acknowledging what happened, that would've been fine with me. It could still happen but it just felt that this episode was completely disconnected from the other one. I suppose I was looking too forward for it to continue where it left off.
JotakakMay 26, 2016 8:33 AM
May 26, 2016 9:09 AM

Apr 2014
Finally, Kyouka showed up and as hot/cute as always.
May 26, 2016 9:11 AM

May 2014
Atsushi really stepped up this episode!

Dazai what happened my bae?!
May 26, 2016 9:28 AM
Feb 2015
ohh doctor is cewl

kind of a weird ability tho
does it mean wounds that will eventully kill her or what

and how did she survive mean she cant heal herself when she is dead right
and healing before the explosion wont work bc you would be insta killed

maybe i am just stupid
May 26, 2016 9:44 AM

Sep 2015
Am I the only one who is angry with the adorable Kyouka? It's the common troupe of 'murderer of dozens is forgiven instantly because it happens to be a sad, cute girl'.

If she didn't want to kill people, then she didn't have to help the Mafia. Simple.
If she would get killed for it then what? Is her life more valuable than over thirty including a family of three?

Oh, but she's 'kawaii' so I guess her horrendous crimes are insta forgiven :/
May 26, 2016 9:52 AM
Mar 2016
Oh so no wonder them detective agency guys are wary of Yosano, cu'z she has to almost kill them before she can treat them.

Whoa, I like her, so will she help out in saving Dazai?
May 26, 2016 10:31 AM
Mar 2016
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Yosano is sure so scary!

Kyouka is such a mysterious character.

I agree..............................................................
May 26, 2016 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
Nice to see Kyouka's character. She seems interesting.
Atsushi finally used his ability. He's a hero for saving her, so I'm going to ship them.
I'm glad to see Yosano getting some more screen time.
Dazai is in danger. That cliffhanger....

Fai said:

This. He's not easy to be deal with. He's a ninja after all!
May 26, 2016 10:33 AM

Jan 2015
Am I the only one here to think that all Bones cartoons are average(5/10) at best ?
May 26, 2016 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
Angry_Always said:
Am I the only one who is angry with the adorable Kyouka? It's the common troupe of 'murderer of dozens is forgiven instantly because it happens to be a sad, cute girl'.

If she didn't want to kill people, then she didn't have to help the Mafia. Simple.
If she would get killed for it then what? Is her life more valuable than over thirty including a family of three?

ummm , Kyouka was taken by the mafia and forced/threatened into killing people or else she'd be killed . She had a bomb rigged to her chest and her ability was being manipulated by akutagawa . Nothing was done out of her own free will and she really had no way to go . And she was actually fed up with all what she has done that she actually threw herself off the train to save the people on train. It's more like she had to what she had to do but obviously couldn't take it anymore . I don't think she'll be forgiven since she's cute (where are u getting that from ? ) , but they'll at least make use of her at the agency to find Dazai and help him at least . You can't say it's "simple" . That situation is anything but simple . Also nothing wrong with a trope , every anime has some tropes used .
May 26, 2016 10:45 AM

Sep 2015
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Angry_Always said:

ummm , Kyouka was taken by the mafia and forced/threatened into killing people or else she'd be killed . She had a bomb rigged to her chest and her ability was being manipulated by akutagawa . Nothing was done out of her own free will and she really had no way to go . And she was actually fed up with all what she has done that she actually threw herself off the train to save the people on train. It's more like she had to what she had to do but obviously couldn't take it anymore . I don't think she'll be forgiven since she's cute (where are u getting that from ? ) , but they'll at least make use of her at the agency to find Dazai and help him at least . You can't say it's "simple" . That situation is anything but simple . Also nothing wrong with a trope , every anime has some tropes used .

Oh, so if a creepy looking old man were to take her place he'd receive the same kindness? I think not. In a lot of anime at least being a cute girl means you can get away with a lot just by having a sad backstory.

Also, you missed a part of my point. If she doesn't want to kill people, then allowing herself to risk dying and not going to where these people were would be the way to go. I know it would take a lot of resolve and bravery but it is better than allowing thirty or more people to be killed.

She didn't have to go to those people, she did it so she wouldn't be killed.
Her innocent life isn't worth more than thirty.
May 26, 2016 10:58 AM
Apr 2016
Angry_Always said:

She may be forgiven in the eye of the viewers, but not by the characters, just wait for the next episode. Even the preview gives hints, that she isn't accepted immediately as a good girl.

May 26, 2016 11:31 AM

Sep 2015
akaPassion said:
Angry_Always said:

She may be forgiven in the eye of the viewers, but not by the characters, just wait for the next episode. Even the preview gives hints, that she isn't accepted immediately as a good girl.

I see, I appreciate the thought you put into this. You make some good points and are tolerant of my attitude despite how it differs from yours.

I think my attitude is the result of two things 1.I foolishly value lives in anime to a high regard as I would a real life being taken away 2. I have seen the 'girl with tragic past kills many innocent but it is swept under the rug.

If she were absolutely forced to kill these people then of course I would support helping her but the fact that she could have run away leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
May 26, 2016 11:45 AM

Jul 2015
Overall a very good episode with great insert songs and a thrilling story.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 26, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2007
Angry_Always said:

She had no control over her powers. Akutagawa was controlling her powers via the cellphone. Her powers are literally no different from her bomb vest.
May 26, 2016 12:25 PM

Sep 2015
Fai said:
Angry_Always said:

She had no control over her powers. Akutagawa was controlling her powers via the cellphone. Her powers are literally no different from her bomb vest.

I am aware, they explicitly state that and it does help her case. However they didn't control her body. She didn't have to go to these places and be near these people to hurt them. I know her running away would be dangerous but rather her risk her life than allow herself to aid in the killing of more than thirty people, no?
May 26, 2016 1:04 PM

May 2015
Hands-down best episode so far! Akiko is awesome, and I spent the last bit of the ep squealing and wildly shipping Atsushi and Kyouka.

Atsushi looking so in love omg, getting a cute and powerful Japanese loli on a date!! Even though there's blood in the end.

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
May 26, 2016 3:07 PM

Jan 2015
Love the Doc !!! :D
May 26, 2016 6:44 PM

May 2010
Combustible lemons! Cave Johnson would be so proud.
May 27, 2016 1:40 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, best episode yet! Enjoyed it so much. Yosano is epic lol, her abiilty is awesome as well and kinda unique in the sense that the patient has to be severely injured. Demon snow looks awesome also, and Kyouka is really enigmatic but cute at the same time. Love her character design too. Hope she can develop a nice bond with Atsushi, glad he saved her. And looks like he is starting to have some control with his power~ Hope Dazai is fine!
May 27, 2016 2:20 AM

Nov 2014
Well, it was... an OK episode, I guess. It's not that I dislike it, but the event was progressing a bit too fast for my liking. Every kind of things seemed to happen all at once and I didn't have the time to 'connect' with the episode, and by the time it ended, I was asking what the hell did I just watch. I mean, a character special power suddenly activated in the middle of a crisis isn't something new, but I found it weird how Atsushi alredy able to fight that well while he was so frustated just a second ago. This kind of things always be a meh for me.

Anyway, that's an interesting power dr. Yosano has. I think her ability is the best one so far, because although it's a really useful and awesome power, the price that come with it isn't cheap. I's a nice balance, and actually I was hoping to see something like this since I read the show's premise about people with 'ability'.

And last, poor Dazai. He was caught by the enemy and his colleagues just accused him of hanging out with woman xD
KannaAyasakiMay 27, 2016 2:27 AM
May 27, 2016 2:35 AM
Jun 2015
Angry_Always said:
akaPassion said:

I see, I appreciate the thought you put into this. You make some good points and are tolerant of my attitude despite how it differs from yours.

I think my attitude is the result of two things 1.I foolishly value lives in anime to a high regard as I would a real life being taken away 2. I have seen the 'girl with tragic past kills many innocent but it is swept under the rug.

If she were absolutely forced to kill these people then of course I would support helping her but the fact that she could have run away leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't think she was the type to have that much bravery. After all, all her emotions and feelings were being hidden for most of the episode so we don't really know how she was feeling. I think she didn't have the guts to risk her life to save others until she got the family killed. Because by then, she realized that there were lives more valuable than hers. So when the end of the episode happened, she took the opportunity. But obviously, Atsushi saved her.
This is just a theory though.
May 27, 2016 5:06 AM

Jun 2013
That doctor looks like the main character from Dagashi Kashi.

I seriously thought they were gonna kill Kyouka off and I even said goodbye to her on my TV.

Others have probably said it but I ship Atsushi x Kyouka. I hate shipping but love it at the same time. I'm a moron.
臭い-
May 27, 2016 5:52 AM

Mar 2014
Akiko = best grill

She's already my favorite character in the whole show
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 27, 2016 6:27 AM

Aug 2012
Kyouka was saved because Atsushi didn't fully transform into weretiger, luckily it's only one of his arm.

Dr. Akiko's abilty sure was inconvenient, it takes the patient to be half dead with grave injuries to activate her ability.

I expected Naomi to show up since her brother appear, but she didn't. Damn where was she..!?? XD

Dazai got caught easily. Was it his plan all along..!?? Since he's smiling when Akutagawa asked him a question. Hmmmm~~
May 27, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2012
J0kerz said:
I wan to know how Akiko heals her patients so bad its killing me, but I cant seem to find out....This is a problem lol

She said it herself though. She needs to inflict a lethal wound, in order to heal them.
.................................................................................
May 27, 2016 7:44 AM
May 2016
This episode is a great one. It introduced Yosano's personality, a being sadistic one xD but also Kyouka. Her cold personality and attempt to to let herself die, that forced Atsushi used his gift to save her. From this a ship has started between Atsushi and Kyouka. I'm excited for the next episode. Dazai smiled while chained. He has some plan there huh xD
May 27, 2016 7:48 AM
May 2016
Romedbaumann said:
J0kerz said:
I wan to know how Akiko heals her patients so bad its killing me, but I cant seem to find out....This is a problem lol

She said it herself though. She needs to inflict a lethal wound, in order to heal them.
More likely she said half killed before you could be fully healed, that's why that lemon guy healed.
May 27, 2016 8:08 AM

Sep 2015
JewellTH said:
Angry_Always said:

I don't think she was the type to have that much bravery. After all, all her emotions and feelings were being hidden for most of the episode so we don't really know how she was feeling. I think she didn't have the guts to risk her life to save others until she got the family killed. Because by then, she realized that there were lives more valuable than hers. So when the end of the episode happened, she took the opportunity. But obviously, Atsushi saved her.
This is just a theory though.

And a good theory, though as I said I can't really just brush families dying (even if they are fictional and I shouldn't care) under the rug because she was 'scared'.
She nearly killed herself to save Atsushi, which is very heroic, however I can't forget how many she caused the death of by following the mafia's orders :/

I think the reason I care so much is the same reason I root for a protagonist to win the girl/guy or beat the big boss, because I am empathetic with the emotions, though the same works for things like killing innocent people. The girl from bokuko no gryndhilr (or however you spell it) was worse as she, on her own accord, tried to wipe MC's memory and leave him as pretty much a vegetable. Then next episode they all want to save her :/

It's the same principle, in both shows the girls have sad backstories and are doing what they do to survive (even though the mind wiper could just as well have only wiped one day but decided to be harsh for no reason and ruin his life) and have said to be kind deep within (such as in prison school and the head of the underground council is said to be kind even though she was needlessly cruel, though I'm aware that show is more of a comedy), thus every evil act is forgiven.

I'm not saying I'm right by any stretch, but my view is she can't be called a victim after leading all those people to death. Just ,y opinion though.
May 27, 2016 8:48 AM
Sep 2014
I don't undertstand why is this show has a very low score, from what i see, it's pretty good with it's balanced tone :(
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2016

127 by Isaura272006 »»
Sep 1, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2016

263 by Tanish_k »»
Aug 17, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2016

243 by SoulReaperr »»
Jul 20, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

370 by grupapai »»
Jul 9, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

160 by ArreolaAn9el »»
Jun 18, 3:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.