Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2016 3:49 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode, holy crap.

Lelei went fucking in, that was the highlight of the episode.
Rory took the damage for Itami, wow :O
The artillery fire and the explosion was badass.
Feb 5, 2016 3:51 PM

Jan 2015
Lmao that UBW by lelei, executed better than shirou.

Followed by dark elfs with rocket launchers lol

And then modern warfare messing up medieval folklore .

This episode was really real fun to watch, very entertaining.
Feb 5, 2016 3:54 PM
Oct 2012
animefan8800 said:
That whole Giselle girl reveal felt extremely random, brief hint with that damage transfer pact aside, and was dealt with so fast it came across as an afterthought. So how strong is the "mom/leader" of Giselle and Rory then?

Hardy is a Goddess. Giselle is her apostle. Rory is the apostle of Emroy, another God. There are 12 gods in total, though only three I believe have been named, so that means there are 10 more apostles on the planet. I don't believe the novels ever say how strong the gods are, but since they are pure spirits, they are undoubtedly far stronger than their apostles.

Giselle was the reason that Fire Red Dragon awoke earlier (back in episode 3 Leilei's master mentioned that it was too early for it to be awake), she paired it with a Water Dragon and the two "children" were their offspring - it was implied that Giselle did this in order to use them to help capture Rory to take her to Hardy (Ediit: just watched the subs, the anime made this more explicit than the manga). Giselle herself is from the Dragonoid race. The art didn't quite capture her well, in the manga her legs and feet are far more lizard like. The dialog is also much more detailed.
Takuan_SohoFeb 5, 2016 4:26 PM
Feb 5, 2016 4:02 PM
Jan 2016
Best episode of the anime.
Unlimited lelei Works is very good 10x0 shirou. 5/5
Lukas_sbFeb 5, 2016 6:34 PM
Feb 5, 2016 4:04 PM

Jan 2012
ICIC I'd like to see those gods fight then!
Feb 5, 2016 4:06 PM
Feb 2009
Woot the bombardment at the end was awesome nobody fcks with Itami's harem lol
Feb 5, 2016 4:24 PM

Apr 2012
Can anyone confirm who voices Giselle? from hear her talk, she sounds like Sakura Ayane using her deep tone voice
Feb 5, 2016 4:25 PM
Apr 2010
Dat UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS moment was epic.

So was the complete destruction of those 2 other dragons. Been so long since I've seen good action like that. :D
Feb 5, 2016 4:26 PM
Apr 2013
This show is just really great at making you think that shit is about to get really serious and dramatic, and then it just goes "Nope, SDF says fuck your drama."
Feb 5, 2016 4:53 PM

Nov 2015
Best episode so far!

5/5
Feb 5, 2016 4:54 PM
Feb 2016
Great episode!

though logic fail when so much fire from the dragon did not blow up the c4 until some lucky lightning spark did it.
Feb 5, 2016 5:09 PM

Sep 2015
From this episode :

Lelei is female Gilgamesh confirmed

COOOOOOMBOOOOOOO Lightning > Swords dropping off dragon > Triggering off the bombs
Feb 5, 2016 5:15 PM
Nov 2012
Really liked this episode. Loved the fact that they didn't make it into a cliffhanger! Honestly makes it so much better by leaps and bounds compared to what it otherwise would have been.
Feb 5, 2016 5:15 PM

Nov 2014
Well rip all the elves... lol
Hi there
Feb 5, 2016 5:18 PM

Aug 2015
The second half of this episode was epic! Lelei's face though xD Glad they finally killed that dragon, but poor lil dragons......
Feb 5, 2016 5:38 PM

Jul 2012
We finally get the battle with the fire dragon and i was not disappointed! The first half was a little slow but it was interesting to see the dark elves learn how to use the rocket launchers even if in the end all the training went to shit when the dragon appeared and everyone panicked which is one big thing that I liked in how realistic that is since no way would they remember everything in the heat of the moment when the dragon came when they were not ready. We finally get to see Lelei kick ass, when her face changed i was like oh shit things are going down and holy crap all those sword piercing the dragon was awesome and Tuka finally got out of her depression to get the final blow the lighting hit to c4 explosion! It was also interesting to hear of Itami's injuries going to Rory and how that might affect things in future episodes along with this new enemy Giselle and Hardy. Overall it was an awesome episode to end this dragon arc and I can't wait to see what is in store for us in the next episodes!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu2bCIJ7e5o&feature=youtu.be
Feb 5, 2016 5:41 PM

Dec 2015
A bit overkill for the dragon hatching's with the jets and then top it off with pinpoint artillery x)
Feb 5, 2016 5:43 PM

Nov 2014
that magic swords attack, kinda reminded me of UBW

to bad she can't control all of the swords
Feb 5, 2016 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
unlimited Leilei Works

episode was great Rip all the dark elves kinda expected them to die, was impressed they were even able to fire RPGS at all and land hits.

felt bad for Rory was wondering what happened to her the whole fight and the final part with her sister kinda got wrapped up quick Cavalry showing up going ham
Feb 5, 2016 6:12 PM

Aug 2014
mozgow said:

I love it..

RIP dark elves
Dat UBW tho.
Feb 5, 2016 6:30 PM
Oct 2012
KetoUP said:
though logic fail when so much fire from the dragon did not blow up the c4 until some lucky lightning spark did it.

C4 it seems (at least according to wiki) needs both heat and a shock (as from a detonator) to activate it. The lightning hit the detonator, causing the shock that sparked the C4.

VR-Yan said:
Can anyone confirm who voices Giselle? from hear her talk, she sounds like Sakura Ayane using her deep tone voice

And you are correct: 佐倉 綾音
Feb 5, 2016 6:32 PM

Apr 2014
Battle damaged Rory walking with helicopters in the background, GOD DAMN that's sexy as fuck

Feb 5, 2016 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
Always F***ing late.

OrangeJP said:
Battle damaged Rory walking with helicopters in the background, GOD DAMN that's sexy as fuck

Little too young...in Physically way...

and this Season just lost the reason for it name...Enryuu is dead... quite stupid to name it after it when it died in 5 episodes.
they are rushing this...

and Introducing the 8 cannon fodder that will sure as hell end up as Dragon Food. May them rest in peace and in pieces.

Leilei's Bad Ass Moment! X3

Giselle got lesson...never ever F*** with Army with Modern Weapons.

WAIT...don't tell me we are heading towards Anime FILLERS ARE WE!!!!???????????
JarjaxleFeb 5, 2016 7:16 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 5, 2016 6:54 PM

Jul 2011
KetoUP said:
Great episode!

C4 dose not detonate by just fire. You can throw C4 into a fire and it will just melt. Think of C4 like dough made out of plastic. It can only be triggered by a detonator.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2016 7:03 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah its pretty obvious that the fire dragon is NOT dead. They even said themselves, they would need men on the ground to confirm the kill.

Poor darkelves though. damn.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 5, 2016 7:10 PM
Oct 2012
Rebelhero said:
Yeah its pretty obvious that the fire dragon is NOT dead.

It's dead, dead as a doornail, dead as a dodo, as dead as .... well, something completely dead.

They cut the scene out where Giselle confirmed that it was dead, which again I would say "if you are only going to read one chapter of the manga, read this one!".

As for the dark elves, not a plot point, but there are still lots that survived. Though they did lose a sizable chuck of the battle tested members.
Feb 5, 2016 7:18 PM
Mar 2011
LarsikFtw said:
Comeon, how did Itami catch Tuka? Did he throw Lelei on the ground or does special ranger training award third arm?

nah he probably chucked her in the air, then pulled tuka up before catching lelei again!
Feb 5, 2016 7:21 PM
Aug 2014
-awesome episode, but could've been better if it wasn't for the bad director.
-Yao is a heartless bitch that didn't express any sign of grief to her fallen clansmen.
-the manga has this jaw dropping "one peice" type of reaction on Itami's hype.
-manga readers will be joining the anime only watchers soon.
Feb 5, 2016 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
Damn that was EPIC!
I was on the tip of my chair while watching this.
They finally kill the fire dragon and it's two baby haha...get destory!
Next arc will be the war between the Empire and JGSDF.
Going to be fun!
Feb 5, 2016 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
Yo did uh... did that dark elf just refer to those bazookas as "iron cocks"?
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Feb 5, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2014
This episode was awesome,
>Lelei smirked
>Lelei used UBW, fuck the dragon.

SHIT Lelei was fucking BADASS in this episode.
Feb 5, 2016 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
Definitely the best episodes of Gate. Lelei just use Unlimited Blade Work on the dragon.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 5, 2016 8:10 PM

Mar 2009
Amazing episode. This season's been so good.

I wonder what Hardy looks like. You think she's cute?
But Rory is terrified of her.
Feb 5, 2016 8:15 PM

Jun 2010
HOLY SHIT this felt like a season finale and we're just on episode 5. seems like we'll be passing the manga translations before this season ends.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 5, 2016 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
I love this anime, when it will end i will start reading the manga, love the idea and the whole plot.
That was epic, dragon burning and eating those elfs and Itami trying to kill him.
That Rory part was crazy, for a second i thought that she could die :/ Not the best girl xD
I love love love love how they always show them who is the boss ahaha I mean, Rory's sister was all bitc*y that she was the best because Rory is weak now, but then the fire nation attacked ahaha That was so pleasurable to watch, those dragons got rekt xD And her sister was like "what?what just happened", love her reaction when she actually understands that she lost and her dragons got easily destroyed by Japan :D
And that ending Rory part, "Where are you my sister" ahahaha epic
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 5, 2016 8:21 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode. Exceeded all expectations I had.

Didn't expect them to use C4's to take out the dragon, Though it was gonna be an old fashioned battle. Though that did happen as well.
The Dark Elves completely messed up using the RPG's in their panic, Sad.

That Lelei grin when she learnt she could hurt the Dragon, Epic xD
Her version of Gates of Babylon was pretty cool :P

So that was the contract Rory made, She took all of the damage Itami suffered inside. No wondered Itami was unsacthed.

That ending with the SJF rescue mission with the jets and tanks against the hatchlings, Just awesome.
Rory's sister and Gods eh? Interesting.

Dragons+Jets+Rory=Win
Feb 5, 2016 8:23 PM
Aug 2011
This anime keeps surprising me, a cooler episode, one after another. One detail tho, Rory was all messed up because she took the damage for Itami (I initially thought it was because she fought the dragon before everyone else), but they didn't show he actually taking any damage. It would have been cool if he received a kick or a burn or a scratch from the dragon and kept going, as Rory was the one damaged. But man, those battle airplanes going after the baby dragons, mystical beasts have nothing against human fire power. And Lelei with that UBW feels.
Feb 5, 2016 9:01 PM

Apr 2010
Ohh yes, Unlimited Blade Works from Lelei. She snapped.

Feb 5, 2016 9:06 PM

Sep 2013
I was so sleepy but this episode woke me up. Those dark elves were really stupid. Im confused though, did Yao lived? or was the other elf that survived a different one?. Seriously I re-watched the scene several times and they made it look like Yao burned alive and a second later she's running with the guy elf wtf?? why do they have to make the elves look the same.
AsianKungFuFeb 5, 2016 9:13 PM
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 5, 2016 9:20 PM

Sep 2013
NIM7 said:
KetoUP said:
Great episode!

C4 dose not detonate by just fire. You can throw C4 into a fire and it will just melt. Think of C4 like dough made out of plastic. It can only be triggered by a detonator.

Yeah it was shown that the detonating cord was struck by a lightning sending electricity through the wire.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 5, 2016 9:28 PM

Sep 2014
Duuuuddeeee. A little overkill on the baby dragons bruh..C'mon.. Those fighter jets..plus the artillery..the tanks..attack helis..

While Itami and his gang killed a fire dragon with RPGs, a bunch of old swords, a lightning, and C4s.

It would've been nice if Itami and his group saw the baby dragons first and they try to kill them with those RPGs..

And when the mother dragon knew about her babies, she went on a rampage. Suffering from major injuries against the mother dragon, all hope is lost..and suddenly...THE SDF APPEARED!!

^^ That would've been a nice scenario. But Hey! I won't complain anymore. It was a pretty good arc.

Definitely bad-ass. This looks like a recruitment anime for those wanting to join the military lol. And if that's really the case, it's actually working. This gets me really pumped up and going ya know.

Next episode, will be about magic city or something like that and also about the prince..kinda lame..buy hey, still looking forward to it :)
Feb 5, 2016 9:33 PM

Sep 2014
Xynic said:
I was so sleepy but this episode woke me up. Those dark elves were really stupid. Im confused though, did Yao lived? or was the other elf that survived a different one?. Seriously I re-watched the scene several times and they made it look like Yao burned alive and a second later she's running with the guy elf wtf?? why do they have to make the elves look the same.

^^ Dude same reaction bruh. I thought it was Yao who grabbed an RPG and fired it against the dragon, and later suffered from a fire breath attack. But she was alive..so confused..And the part when Yao didn't even have the time to mourn for her fallen comrades..
Feb 5, 2016 10:13 PM
Nov 2010
Well there were a few things they cut out that I wished the keep in or maybe might show in the next ep BUT good ep, Really just was so engrossed during the fight :D
Feb 5, 2016 10:46 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great episode with a lot of emotional pay off. It's kind of too bad ALL the damn dark elves died, I'm surprised at least a few didn't live. Makes me think about how Yao is going to help repopulate her kind. Well, I guess that's what Itami is for!
Feb 5, 2016 10:52 PM
Sep 2008
A Y A N E S A K U R A
Y
A
N
E
S
A
K
U
R
A
Feb 5, 2016 11:15 PM

Sep 2015
Finally Lelei unleashes! I've been waiting for so long for her to do something impressive. Tuka also shows us her awesome powers as well! Great episode.
Feb 5, 2016 11:17 PM

Apr 2009
lol at lelei with her smile

lelei doing UBW

those artillery owning the dragons

Great episode
Feb 6, 2016 12:17 AM

Oct 2011
OMG UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS
Feb 6, 2016 12:34 AM

Dec 2013
not a single fuck was given to the other dark elves who died lol
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 6, 2016 1:19 AM

Mar 2014
Some Gate of Babylon shit going down with Lelei.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

57 by DaThorAkilia »»
May 22, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

159 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.