Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2015 8:59 PM

Feb 2015
Nice to see it's going the shameless route like the movie did. Makes it's easier to decide if it's worth sticking or not. At least the first season had some subtlety to it.
Oct 2, 2015 9:00 PM

Aug 2012
terminador_2397 said:
SchwingBoner said:

This show is pure eye candy. The visuals are so beautiful and the soundtrack is great. Glad to have it back.
Seri-chan's body is 10/10.

Dang that's just beautiful. The visuals are amazing

Pretty much was an eye candy episode.

Oct 2, 2015 9:46 PM
Nov 2014
The art and animation was gorgeous.
Can't say much about the plot for now, but visuals were spectacular and music wasn't that bad either. Hopefully this one turns out better than the first season.
Good at offending and bad at letting things slide.

Oct 2, 2015 9:50 PM

Jun 2014
Oh how I've missed these characters! The flashback at the beginning threw me for a loop, but the transition was seamless!

The music, the visuals, and the storyline was just beautiful! Keep this up and this will be my AOTS! Love seeing Anna as the new Red King! She's just as awesome now as she was in the movie!

Love the new characters, and that ending gives me hope we will see Shiro again!

Was Seri's outfit always that revealing and I just never noticed it before?

Green causing havoc this season, I'm so excited to see where this goes!

NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 2, 2015 9:59 PM

Nov 2014
Holy crap, Kuro's hair was so ridiculous I didn't even realize it was him, even though Neko said his name. Seeing Neko there with some stranger like that confused me and made me wonder if she was some kind of cameo and this wasn't actually a sequel.

I'm pretty excited about this actually. Tiny little king Anna is also pretty badass. I knew she'd be the one to replace the old red king.
sirflimflamOct 2, 2015 10:12 PM
Oct 2, 2015 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
hey our eye-candy of the season is back with a even bigger budget...that opening was nothing but pure overtop/fanservice that had no other meaning besides look at all the pretty colors while you listen to some jamming beats.

but i watch this for the ridiculously flashy fights so i guess were off to a good start

8.4 doe Mal pls
Oct 2, 2015 10:20 PM

Nov 2012
this episode sure was a sakuga fest, it was fun to watch. the jiggling tit fanservice was unnecessary though. :p i got lots of yata though (though with that new ugly outfit) so it was all gud. <3
i also liked the concept of the green clan being like an online game in which you have to gather points, pretty interesting stuff.
Oct 2, 2015 10:50 PM

Nov 2013
Seri, lol.

Hope they give me more Mikoto >////////////<

Oct 2, 2015 10:52 PM

Jan 2011
YA that was fairly godly. The video stream is so bit starved though. Makes me excited to watch it when the blu rays come out. Everyone needs to bow to GoHands.

All and all a good first episode.
Oct 2, 2015 10:56 PM

Dec 2012
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Anna is the new Red King.
Great soundtrack as always! EARGASM!

The Blue King's Death flag is real!

Oct 2, 2015 11:11 PM

Feb 2015
Whoa! K: The return of kings starts with a bang! The action scenes, animation, soundtracks are beautiful as ever. It was worth the wait.
Oct 2, 2015 11:32 PM

Aug 2012
Holy fuck man, what is GoHands feeding their animators?!
Oct 2, 2015 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
WiseFlower said:
That was beautiful....the fan service though.... -_-

There was plenty for girls too, just like last season. All that homoerotic aggressiveness between red and blue.
Oct 2, 2015 11:37 PM

Mar 2015
How can an anime be so pretty...what is their budget >.<...Kuroh looks amazing with his hair let down.
Oct 2, 2015 11:39 PM

Aug 2013
Another anime with shitty CG animation and art :|
I really don't know why you people are so hyped. Everything besides characters looks awfully bad and cheap (especially first 8minutes) . I complained about TLR D2, but TLR D2 comparing to this anime looks awesome.
Ost is great as usual.
rsc-plOct 2, 2015 11:59 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 2, 2015 11:55 PM
Jun 2013
It's been a while and the quality is top notch!
Oct 3, 2015 12:09 AM
Jun 2014
Woah. Animation and music are beautiful as always.
I'm not so thrilled about the fan service from the girl in blue clan.
But I'm just so glad to see K is back. It's going to be a great season!
I love Yata Misaki <3 Go HOMRAs!!
Oct 3, 2015 12:11 AM

Apr 2015
Woah! This is amazing! K is coming back so well. The first scene (action fighting) was well animated loved it! Ost's playing during the whole episode was great! I have to say K: Return of the Kings is really to going to be one of the my most favourites this anime season ^_^
Oct 3, 2015 12:27 AM

Nov 2013
Aaaah I'm so hyped for this. The first season of K was one of the first anime series I actually watched when it aired so I feel somewhat nostalgic while watching this.

The animation is stunning and the ost is so good. I loved every single moment of the first episode. Also dat Seri.
Oct 3, 2015 12:42 AM

Jun 2012
can this season be at least decent?
this episode certainly isn't enough to tell

at least the animation is good
Oct 3, 2015 12:55 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
rsc-pl said:
Another anime with shitty CG animation and art :|
I really don't know why you people are so hyped. Everything besides characters looks awfully bad and cheap (especially first 8minutes)

While I still enjoyed the first 8 minutes quite a lot, I can agree on the animation part. I think they disguise their animation very well using changes in camera angles and constant movement of the backgrounds. When there is a lot to look at, people's eyes don't usually focus on the animation itself, it gives the illusion that the animation is in fact quite fluid when it's pretty normal (I don't mean this in a bad way, normal is not bad). I only noticed this when I watched the whole first 8 minutes a second time. Someone else noticed that the frame rate dropped too after Kusanagi's and Seri's part.
Oct 3, 2015 12:59 AM

Dec 2014
Hoping for Yashiro to be back next episode, and not pro-long this "Hey I'm the main character but I'm gonna show up for a few minutes only" thing.
Visuals and soundtrack were good as always, fighting scenes were awesome as well.
Oct 3, 2015 1:11 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Whenever I see new K episode/movie/series.. it feels as every other anime that will air this season will become useless and irrelevant ...
Oct 3, 2015 1:33 AM

Jul 2014
The visuals are fantastic. Even better than the previous season, have been looking foward to this, since K season 1 ended. Worth the wait
Oct 3, 2015 1:44 AM

Apr 2014
They wasted all their budget on Awashima honestly.

Nice music as usual and the animation is still amazing.
Oct 3, 2015 2:07 AM

Nov 2011
All that pointless TnA... Im kinda disappointed. Despite all pointless fanservice, it prolly will be my AotS.
OnbuuOct 3, 2015 2:16 AM
Oct 3, 2015 2:46 AM
Apr 2015
I like the 3D skate scenes but it doesn't flow as well as the 2D ones also what happened to yata's beanieD:
Oct 3, 2015 3:19 AM
May 2015
Whoa, why is Mikoto alive, didn't he died in the 1st season?
Oct 3, 2015 3:54 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Annuvin said:
Khoibob said:
The visuals are fantastic. Even better than the previous season, have been looking foward to this, since K season 1 ended. Worth the wait

How? The art and animation look like shit compared to season 1 and the movie. K was defined by its art, but this... Random CG scenes everywhere, inconsistent frame rate, this is just bad. They should have waited a few years longer if necessary to deliver something worthwhile.

//Just read most of the replies... does everybody seriously think the animation/art is better than it was? :/

sounds like u watched bad encoded version.. season 2 is top-notch like s1 and movie
Oct 3, 2015 3:55 AM

Aug 2013
vaikepois said:
Annuvin said:

How? The art and animation look like shit compared to season 1 and the movie. K was defined by its art, but this... Random CG scenes everywhere, inconsistent frame rate, this is just bad. They should have waited a few years longer if necessary to deliver something worthwhile.

//Just read most of the replies... does everybody seriously think the animation/art is better than it was? :/

sounds like u watched bad encoded version.. season 2 is top-notch like s1 and movie

Rotfl, so you think, that GOOD encoded version has no shitty CG in every scene? :D Basically, GOOD encode was redrawn into proper animation? :D And Yata on skateboard is not Yata3D? And dimensions are right? Well it would be awesome, but... I don't think so :]
You want to see good animation and art in this season? Watch Noragami (not that I really like this series or something, but it just looks awesome).
rsc-plOct 3, 2015 4:05 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 3, 2015 4:21 AM

Apr 2013
Amazing episode.

Not really a fan of ecchi, but the Seri fanservice was VERY welcome.
Oct 3, 2015 4:24 AM

Aug 2015
La_Matona301 said:
Whoa, why is Mikoto alive, didn't he died in the 1st season?

That was a flashback.
Oct 3, 2015 4:30 AM

Jul 2014
They really need to tone down on the OTT camera movements. Other than that, legit episode.
"Hi!"
Oct 3, 2015 4:43 AM

Oct 2013
Wasn't planing to continue but amazing art and I like red king appearance💕💕

Great tracks and animation.

Can't wait to see shiro in action 😀

Over fan service reminds me of prison school..........
Oct 3, 2015 4:46 AM

Apr 2014
rsc-pl said:
You want to see good animation and art in this season? Watch Noragami (not that I really like this series or something, but it just looks awesome).

Yes the art is amazing indeed
Oct 3, 2015 4:53 AM

Sep 2010
Very good first episode. I liked how they used the flashback to put in some extra fighting scene with their beautiful animation.

I started this one right after finishing the movie and I can't really complain about any drop in quality.

The series doesn't look like it will have any high school centric episodes either... although I don't want to say it too fast.

The only worry I have is that there were a lot of things already explained in the first season and there won't be anything new of interest in this one, but that is probably needless worry. In the end though, even if we got a repeat with the blue king, the plot about Mikoto's powers running berserk, his general character and the death at the very end will be really hard to beat when it comes to the storyline. On the other hand it will be extremely easy to beat the storyline with Shiro going to high school. From the look of it first the story will resolve around the green king and then probably move towards something else... The green king story is already developing well thanks to the movie so as long as that something else will be good... this series will definitely be great!
Oct 3, 2015 5:02 AM

Nov 2013
GosuGian said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Anna is the new Red King.
Great soundtrack as always! EARGASM!

The Blue King's Death flag is real!

You should watch the movie if you haven't so already, it explains why she's the red king. The movie is the direct sequel to the first season, and this is the direct sequel to the movie.
Oct 3, 2015 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
The fanservice is rather annoying and too forced.

The animation and music is great, I just wish it would actually have a good plot. By plot, I mean story and not that plot.

Oct 3, 2015 6:03 AM

May 2014
Very Nice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 6:04 AM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:
rsc-pl said:

Yes the art is amazing indeed

Yeah, this is better for sure...

BTW, you posted 1 zoomed frame with charater in background which normally almost no one would see it, so yeah, pretty nice comparison.
rsc-plOct 3, 2015 6:08 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 3, 2015 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
I was so hyped for this season, so much that I jumped in my seat when I realized today was the day the first episode would air. However, after finishing the episode I remembered just how much fan-service was involved in this series. -.- Honestly, I can rant on and on when it comes to this topic, but I'll spare everyone most the mountain of text and say that the movement of the scenes was just disturbing at some points.

The art style was rather good, in my opinion, and the music was absolutely lovely. Admittingly, the very first scene was for the satisfaction of the viewers, who wanted to see Totsuka and Mikoto again, and was completely unnecessary plot-wise, even bothersomely long to a degree. You could say I was a part of the mentioned group, until I saw how downgraded Mikoto seemed, as he was missing that characteristic sharpness he seemed to carry in season 1 and looked somewhat shiny, blurry and soft. No complaints on Totsuka's end, though, since the art style fitted his character nicely. I would have actually been willing to overlook the fact that this initial scene was unnecessary, along with Mikoto's design, were it not for Seri. They practically made her into jello, people! I mean, come on! In this entire episode we see her sexy parts more than her actual face or her head for that matter! It's understandable that a part of the audience loves such shots, but their number and their placement was outright annoying.

Unfortunately, it wasn't just this one character's sexualization that got me twitching at some points and feeling disappointed. Plenty of the moments were dragged on and focused on the faces of the male cast, and while I loved the fact that the other members of both Homra and S4 got their 5 minutes of fame, I really wish that most of what they did had meaning other than "Look at me and my hot self".

I'm not a hater, drool all you want, but the directing of this episode was just off at times. Yet despite the fact that I felt slight disappointment and slapped my forehead a couple of times during this episode, I'm not going to give up on the series, since my love for it is still quite strong!
Oct 3, 2015 6:26 AM
Nov 2010
rsc-pl said:

BTW, you posted 1 zoomed frame with charater in background which normally almost no one would see it, so yeah, pretty nice comparison.

She was blatantly obvious in that part and everyone could see it lol. They did that multiple times in the ep

Also not hating on noragami since I do enjoy the manga and anime.
MrJcOct 3, 2015 6:34 AM
Oct 3, 2015 6:37 AM

Nov 2013
Shadowwolfcat said:
I'm not a hater, drool all you want, but the directing of this episode was just off at times. Yet despite the fact that I felt slight disappointment and slapped my forehead a couple of times during this episode, I'm not going to give up on the series, since my love for it is still quite strong!

I agree with you. I'd say everything was perfect this episode apart from the really strong fan-service. It feels forced in the first place and is just a bit too much even as far as fan-service is concerned. For that reason this episode is a 9/10 for me.
Oct 3, 2015 6:43 AM

Feb 2012
Can someone save me the trouble of searching the soundtracks of K: Missing kings that were re-used in this episode?

Please. I beg someone. I'm looking for a specific OST that were used especially at around 18:00 to 20:00

To everybody, it's gonna be a big help for me as i've been struggling to find it one by one and to my dismay, i haven't found it yet.
Oct 3, 2015 6:52 AM

Apr 2014
rsc-pl said:
Yeah, this is better for sure...

Are you saying a detailed art like that is worse than the example I gave?
rsc-pl said:

I figured you'd say that so here's an album of all the low quality art I saw. Don't worry none of them are zoomed frames.
http://imgur.com/a/IVrZG

Unlike in Noragami even the background characters in K have faces lol.
Oct 3, 2015 6:58 AM
Mar 2012
Araneae said:
What just happened? I mean, this episode was just PURE fanservice. And I don't mean only Seri's close up shots, but the whole 8 minute long Suoh vs. Munakata fight, and of course both Yato vs. Fushimi fights. That's also fanservie. I'm sure that the whole tumblr is now screaming in delight. And that basically was the whole episode.

C'mon, where's the plot?!

Well, I had high expectations, but I guess this episode just brought them down...
So I'm not the only one.

That was a pretty shitty first episode, imo.
Needless fighting without any explanation and any real outcome. Ridiculous jelly tits and demeaning panty shots.
Hardly any plot besides the green clan trying to annoy the others, who - for some reason - play right into it.
Also not enough Kuroh.
Oct 3, 2015 7:02 AM

Aug 2010
Godly animation. I can't remember the last time I saw action that caught my attention this much.
Oct 3, 2015 7:11 AM

Jun 2013
it's back fuck yeah!!! damn those those fighting scenes and music were awesome
Oct 3, 2015 7:12 AM

Jul 2012
It's great to see K back in action!! This show has one of the most beautiful animations and colouring I've ever seen! I've missed all the characters as well~! WOOOOOOO CHEERS FOR WEEKS WITH K :DDDDD

By the way.. Am I the only one who appreciates Kuro's beauty with his hair down and in his casual clothing?

That hair with those eyes *^* And those clothes (I totally love that type of clothing)
Okok no hate LOL..
He looks pretty awesome, we can't deny it right?

And WHAT HAPPENED TO RIKIO? DID HE DECIDE TO GAIN HIS POUNDS AGAIN AFTER THE MOVIE? o-o
Oct 3, 2015 7:21 AM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:

Are you saying a detailed art like that is worse than the example I gave?
l.

This is not detailed art. Its a CG art which is ugly as hell, and yes, I prefer less details but nice, esthetic and proper-dimensional looking in general. The same goes to framerate, 12fps normal animation is whole universe better than 60fps CG animation.

I really don't mind CG if it is used right (KyoAni, PA Works or Shaft for example, even Ufotable's animation is bearable for me), but not if whole scene is made in 3D with 2D characters.
rsc-plOct 3, 2015 7:29 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

185 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:46 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2015

57 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 2:58 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

96 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.