Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 21, 2010 5:57 PM

Apr 2008
I just remembered not responding to this, even though I should have considering that this anime has a special place in my heart~

This is without doubt the worst anime i've ever seen.
Feb 25, 2010 5:20 PM

Sep 2009
Hmm...There were some good episodes but overall this show just felt ok. There's something holding it back....it's a shame too because I think this had a lot of potential.
Apr 26, 2010 11:44 AM

Oct 2009
I really liked the series, the characters, the artwork, the setting, THE BEGGINING... all this was great, but it really fell down later, they really should have made it better.

I mean, all those incoherent facts... c´mon! those lazy bastards went all the way with that awesome setting and they screw it up with those crappy details.

ill give it 8/10 mostly becouse i really like Kuniko and the Setting.
Shiro-AriApr 26, 2010 11:49 AM
Apr 28, 2010 8:53 PM

Nov 2007
I cant really understand why most of you didnt like it so much but i might just be a sucker for adventurous plot lines with a crappy government in a Nausicaa like world. ^^
the only question i have is why Kuniko didnt get possessed or whatever when she lifted the spear? :\

9/10 for me

banana
Dec 26, 2011 3:40 PM

Dec 2009
Everything was alright for the first half of this show, it was getting an 8 out of ten for me but the second half the show ruined it. Sucks to think that this could of been a really good series too.

6/10
BikageDec 26, 2011 3:45 PM
May 26, 2012 9:08 PM

Nov 2011
Great to hear the OP song again one last time. A brilliant and unique series, thank you
Jul 18, 2012 8:25 AM

Sep 2011
That was one of the first happier ending I saw. And it doesn't make sense that they rushed the show. All anime struggle with the ending, yet the most undeserved get the better score, i.e. Elfen Lied.

Seriously goddamnit. of all the things to complain about, you complain about how the main character landed on the freaking ground?!? There were large number of instance that she was jumping from higher air and easily made it safely. with all those nonsensical criticisms people don't really give Gonzo enough credits.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Dec 9, 2013 5:33 PM

May 2012
This was actually quite an impressive ending, it was a good ending I mean more like perfect ending to finish this series off! Really well job and everyone just finished off with a big smile!

While the series it self had some bad points it did had some really good ones like this ending and overall I sure enjoyed this series as it did had a good concept and a fulfilling ending!
Jul 5, 2014 4:47 AM

Aug 2013
I like happy endings but this one was just a bit too much BS. Rolled my eyes too much now I'm kind of dizzy lol. Medusa has a baby? So AIs can breed now? Miko's spirit not only saved Mikuni from being shot but she also cured her disease! I mean yeah the genre of the show allows for something supernatural to happen but that's just...*scratches head*

Ryoko was eliminated and so Zeus tried to revive Himiko. What were those two geezers thinking? Make a super computer but not make fail safes? You know...just in case your AI interface got loose and your super bio computer tries to destroy the world. And in the end, they jet off to who knows where. I just...I...ugh.

I like it but I feel so disappointed.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 16, 2014 9:04 AM
Oct 2012
overall i liked it but not much of of an end there seems to be nowere left to go that sucks.
Dec 4, 2015 12:02 AM

Jun 2013
I bought this series knowing almost nothing about it other than a synopsis and a few screenshots. I'm so glad I bought it now. So much action, and Kuniko is a great character, as well as the villain. I had so much fun watching this. 8/10 will definitely be watching this again.
Dec 12, 2015 3:41 PM

Sep 2013
The setting looked interesting enough but it was the only positive thing this series has ...
Jun 14, 2016 8:58 PM

Feb 2015
cerberus20 said:
For me this is a 10/10, I followed it from start to ending, and i really liked it, yes it has a few flaws here and there, but who cares about small mistakes.

LOL, SMALL mistakes????
--------
as expected, she absolutely wrecked the main villain when by all rights it would be impossible. i can take the episode being rushed, himiko being cured by gay transie powers??????? what?????????

i'm glad they approached the sister thing, but it still wasn't much. actually felt bad that medusa died, it wasn't his fault. karin doesn't deserve the baby, but it's nice that he's back i guess. and she gets parent guardians? meh, whatever.

what i liked: shion (his design was nice looking as well now that i think about it) and the main villain. i really liked royoko. she was legit crazy, i like that.

what i hated: basically everything else.

nice OST, animation was mediocre and was wasted on the OP (i hate it when they do that.....). aaand that's about it. i feel like around 600lbs of chains have been lifted off of me and a huge weight has been taken off my back. so glad this is over. 6/10, goodbye.
Jun 30, 2016 3:30 AM
Oct 2013
That ending... -_- it was way too happy to be interesting, I was yawning all the time here, I honestly believe ending without mi-ko appearance and medusa's rebirth would be more enjoyable and it would be superb if everyone whould use their talents, gifts and curses to lead country back to the top, like Kuniko and Kusanagi join together and form legislative and executive powers, Mikuni by keeping her curse take judical power and solve many crimes as no one can lie to her and Karin using her own hacking power support them from shadows...
Mar 5, 2017 7:54 AM

Apr 2008
Gah! This episode was so insanely stupidly bad!

I rate the series as a whole a strong 9/10 only because I'm hardcore ignoring all the insane stupidity of the episode (and probably the previous episode too)

- I'ma rush up the stairs, and get there basically around the same time that everyone else who walked slowly, or was delayed for other reasons will arrive.

- We are going to kill your mom! Just kidding we totally weren't~ guess you were a dick for no reason!

- I love her so I'm joining her side (this much I was okay with but then...) she's like well I hate you, and hes like oh well guess I'm not on her side after all.

- I see massive explosives do nothing, let me just open it with my bare hands then!

- I'm going to jump down a 1000 floor shaft with the hope that stabbing this dagger into the wall will...
-- Actually manage to stab the wall
-- Not instantly be popped back out of the wall
-- Actually manage to cut all the way down, not stop half way down
-- Actually manage to slow me down at all

- Sayoko is dead okay, she did not survive that fall

- The spear flight scene, where she is some how holding the spear from flying up... what?!

- The scene right after in which all the side characters teleport into the room to deliver the giant boomerang. I was like nope this is some dream sequence because they were NO WHERE NEAR that room.

- Ryoko just piling on that shes the villian. I killed your daughter! and I lied to you about your parents! and I make people drink orange juice after brushing their teeth!

- Magical spear didn't mind control main character because... eh who cares right?

- Ghost catching bullets bullshit

- Ghosts won't freaking shut up about some bull happy ending... ffs

- Giant Boomerang appearing and disappearing in the final fight ffs people

I was a little upset about the 2 leads not hooking up at the end... but then I thought about it some more... They are technically like... Grandmother and Son? Since she's a direct clone of the dude's lineage.
Apr 13, 2017 12:17 PM
Mar 2017
A pesar de que en TODO el anime la protagonista tenia uniforme escolar, nunca vimos una escuela o que vaya a una...

0:09 no entiendo como pudo aterrizar al suelo o.O.

Hubiese esperado que el chico Kusanagi haya echo algo, ya que tmb es un digma >:v.

Karin con el pelo suelto. Al ver Zhang y Klaris fue genial!, Pense que tendrian la misma edad xD...estaba pensando que deberían adoptarla :). y con medusa renaciendo ahora pueden reconstruir su fortuna una vez más :D
Sayoko, la asistente de Mikuni que nunca muere c.c.

Aparte del hecho de que esta serie está desordenada con luchas que desafían la física y el uso de armas (¿cómo puede Kuniko manejar un boomerang tan grande? Poderes Himiko tal vez?) Y con el misticismo complicado, el concepto es original. Podría haber sido mucho mejor que esto ... porque el guión se parece a un escrito por un estudiante de primaria(muy enérgico, un montón de cosas al azar sucediendo, no muy coherente, etc)

Simplemente no puedo creer que los que comenzaron el lío para comenzar tenían las pelotas para ir "oh, vamos a ayudar, hemos creado Ryoko y todo el sistema que sacrificó vidas humanas sólo para mantener un edificio volando", y luego los chicos que estaban tan sorprendidos por las acciones de Atlas antes, simplemente dejarlos ir así. Vamos, por lo menos gritarles, mostrar algún tipo de odio. Sólo porque se detuvo ese pequeño incidente no significa que todo el mundo es blanco ahora. ¡Dios mío, qué conclusión feliz!(Muy forzado, cliche) pd: la vieja era una idol en su adolescencia haha.

7/10

Join> https://www.fb.com/SomosGamers1

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 3, 2017 8:59 PM
May 2017
This was the first anime I had ever watched, the very thing that got me addicted it's so nastolgic
Aug 18, 2021 3:14 PM

Aug 2017
Finally the title was namedropped...as the last line in the show lol.

The clock makes for a nice ending shot coupled with that mention of cold War earlier. The world starts anew. Still, it's a bit sad seeing so many problems with trying to jam so much material into 24 episodes unsuccessfully (I believe it could've been done much better). Directorial problem, I guess. Still, I had a decent time despite all the problems and occasional nonsense/badly held drama. Maybe I'm just biased towards originality in world setting.
St0rmbladeAug 18, 2021 3:37 PM
Jan 28, 2023 12:45 PM

Aug 2017
Well, it's over
it was an ok ending, and the whole show was ok
It's good compared to other animes, felt rushed but at least it's complete.
Aug 18, 2023 6:04 AM
Mar 2019
Never understood the carbon stuff, but it was hard to stop watching.
Definitely recommended.
Feb 29, 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
So we had.....post-apocalypse, school girl uniforms, child soldiers in charge of guerrilla warfare groups, cross dressers, hacking, digimon, killer computers, cloning, evil blond bitch that just wants to screw everyone over, sadists, masochists, mass murder of children, physics defying aerial jumps from plane to plane, black widow cosplay, magic, ghosts, carbon and neo carbon rules, ghosts, human experimentation, and boomerangs.

I know I missed listing some things but....this show is a hot mess of garbage. When you throw everything in it you get nothing. 3/10

And child sacrifice by 2 senior citizens who created an evil super tower.

Oh and killer plants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 5, 1:54 PM

Aug 2018
This was completely bonkers.

It was like it was written by George Lucas disguised in a kimono while stranded in a McDonald's jungle gym playhouse. Only for the script to be then found by some executive at Gonzo who greenlit the show.

I have such a soft spot for shows like this from a bygone era.

-An over the top and kooky plot
-Sloppy CGI
-An unrelentingly turbo pace
-Humongous cast of characters

Regardless of the outcome of the final product it feels like a lot of effort and passion was poured into this show which flaunts it quirky spirit which I am very fond of. This is so typical gonzo at the time before the company imploded and became a shadow of its former self.

If only the source material was translated as I would love to compare the show to the novel.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 23 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 6, 2009

30 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 30, 2009

29 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 21 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 23, 2009

36 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 20 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 16, 2009

40 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 19 Discussion

firekites - Aug 9, 2009

37 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 27, 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.