Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Jun 3, 2017 9:10 AM
Jul 2014
I'm only going to talk about their reunion. That's because their reunion was something I really wanted to see while watching the last episode but it sadly disappointed me.

Their separation in Episode 22 was very cruel. It almost seemed like they could never see each other again or at least for a long time. She was put in that room to do her work for her father and looked very depressed. She did that as condition to not let kujo be harmed. Then she got free and searched for him etc. She also learned the fear of death because she finally began to love and don't want to lose precious ppl. She got informed that kujo got in to war as solider, from his letters. He also said there are important things he should have told her but he didn't. I wonder what is could be, maybe that he loves her ? From this moment she could only hope for his surviving in the war, which is a very low chance, and then go to japan and wait for him.

To summarize their current state: Kujo is desperately fighting to survive and meet her again and she tries everything to find his place to meet him there I guess. (There was also that very weird part where kujo lost his leg in a dream. I still don't know what it's supposed to mean but I guess its not Important to this issue)

10 years have passed ! The war is over and soldiers arrive at the harbor to meet their beloveds again. Ok In a war the family is always very worried about their son because he could die anytime with a pretty high chance. Its a very rough time to wait. You can see many are crying and are happy to reunite again. Victorique is also there waiting in some kind of Japanese robe with her face hidden and a tag with Kujo written on it, so he can see her better. When he saw her he didn't know it was her in the first moment until she putt down her thing on the head.

Ok this is where the whole fun starts. xd

He looks to me only slightly surprised. "slightly"! like it passed only some weeks since he saw her the last time. Dude he should be like. "WOAH WHAT. ITS YOU ?!" followed by a strong hug. However her face makes more sense. She looks very sad, like a person that had to bear much sorrow from all this waiting and also happy to finally see him again. good! He also assumes that she got the letters with his adress in it, but that doesn't rly make it better. But let's continue maybe it gets better xd

She explains how she get there etc. Seems rough. She gives him a compliment, maybe for his surviving in war.
His reaction: Thank you.

ah ok. Thank you. That's all ? With this lame face.

She looks happy tho. good.

staring at each other for a moment. ok not bad but seriously. Why don't they hug, cry, things other ppl could do too ?!

after that they walked away while holding hands and say to each things like: "I had to go trough a lot of things, yeah me too" or "but I never doubt that you would not die". yeah sure.

A lot of people are happy with it and like it but to me it was very weak. Its not like I wanted them to say "I love you" or kissing because that wouldn't fit to their characters and anime and it would be too cheesy but the emotions could have been better. Especially kujos ones.
Maybe Im retarded, don't understand it or overeating but yeah that's how I feel about it.

Btw a separate story about her journey and his war adventure would be interesting tbh.
Jul 14, 2017 4:15 PM
Jul 2017
That's true......but hugging and stuff like that......guess you could say it's out of character? Besides, their relationship was always emotional, never physical. I mean, they've never done anything more than holding hands. And also, I think maybe their reactions weren't so intense because they both knew they would meet again and weren't all that surprised when they did.
Jul 31, 2017 5:27 PM

Sep 2012
Worst thing about the show was Kujo. He belongs in a harem anime, not a tragic romance mystery show.
Aug 3, 2017 3:18 PM
Nov 2009
So in the end Grevil helped just a little, not even enough to be forgiven for even half of his sin, sad excuse for a brother and human being :\, not as worst as his father but in the end not that far either.
Aug 23, 2017 3:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, what a sweet and merry ending to a marvelous, magnificent and sensational show! From the very first to the very last episode, the premise of this show highly captivated me and, by each passing episode, it just got better and better.

However, I was still slightly disappointed with the rushed turnout of events in the last couple of episodes and a bit frustrated over the inconclusive progression of the main couple. By this, I don't mean like I was craving for a smooch or a hug or something of the sort, but a more clear and concise confession would have easily done the trick for me. I'm aware of the fact that I'm a little biased here since I'm a huge fan of romance shows but had it been there I'm sure this would have gone down as one of the most romantic finales in the anime industry. Maybe even an extra couple of minutes or so might have also done the trick for me. But well, it's a great feat that we at least received this much from this show so no use complaining.

As for the positives of the show, it is indeed numerous and vast. Persnally, I reckon having Kazuya participate in the war as a soldier was a wonderful decision. I say this because of the traumatizing life that Victorique has had to experience and it would have indeed been a blessing for her had Kujo been by her side but you have to force Kujo to experience something himself in order to truly understand her. Although, I'm well aware of the fact that their personal experiences are evidently nothing alike. But yeah, it's kind of complicated to elaborate further but that's just how I viewed from my own perspective and just felt the urge to share it. Moving on, Story wise, in all honesty, it really commenced from the second half, after the first half laid out the perfect basis for it, and overall the anime did an excellent work wrapping it all up and connecting all the scattered dots. As for the Characters, Victorique wins head over heels over any other character of the show but the side characters along with Kazuya Kujo did exceedingly well nonetheless. On another note, the Animation and the Music Department of this particular show deserves great praise. Just the great quality animation coupled with the soothing soundtracks did aplenty to satisfy my experience but when this is further interconnected with the story, it does a mesmerizing job indeed.

Overall, 4.5/5 to this episode and a well-deserved 9.2/10 to this anime!
_MushiRock11_Aug 23, 2017 5:56 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 18, 2017 11:47 PM

Jun 2014
That final arc was incredible. Everything came together in such a cohesive way I can forgive this slightly weak ending. It was satisfactory but the sequence of events were so disjointed. I had trouble keeping up with time period to time period. Overall, Gosick's a solid 8/10.

I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning but I saw the Gosick english dub that Funimation put out and thought it was fitting.
Dec 3, 2017 11:23 PM
Aug 2014
Things kinda just went boom in the end; with the whole gang never reuniting again.

6(Fine)/10
Dec 5, 2017 9:07 AM
Dec 2017
Hey....uh... I know I'm really late into this but.. if I can ask you guys a question... how did Kujo survived cause I was crying at the part where I THOUGHT Kujo died but he didn't. How did he survive.. help me!! xD also I give this anime 9/10. Totally would recommend...Also is that a spoiler...
BG_RhynoDec 5, 2017 9:12 AM
Dec 28, 2017 7:19 PM
Dec 2017
fcking amazing.
guess u could say it was a teeny bit rushed, and brian(s) backstorie(s) was (were) needlessly placed there for some dum sympathy-related reason.
still tho, it was amazing.
worst thing is, they concluded it by showing the future of them getting married... so there is no hope for a season 2.
still tho, steven fawking amazing ending.
Jan 4, 2018 12:47 AM

May 2017
Oh God i love this. I love Victorica so much but i hope she'll turn her "kinpatsu" again.
A little bit confused about the ending but i think its so good for anime mystery genre, i love it sequel and much make me feel sad about victorica doesnt have any friend and always have a big problem around her :(
I think the stronger friend is needed by victorica, but kujo isnt so bad.

But importantly is the happy ending :D i hope they'll make a family and life happily ever after

9/10 xd
Jan 11, 2018 11:43 PM

Dec 2017
What happened to her hair, hwy is it sliver??
they didn't have hair dye those days did they?
Mar 6, 2018 2:44 PM

Oct 2015
Luigi has grown well and Grevil decided to let his hair down again. As for Avril lol and good luck for the future.

As for Victorique I loved her silver hair but I wished the damn producers grew her height, because when she held and married Kujo it looked like a statuary rape waiting to happen or paedophile alert. I am glad Kujo got out the war unharmed ( they got us with the whole amputated legs) and fought to get back to her.

This anime wasn't perfect though, because I loved the first half but the second it got a bit stale(because of a roundabout plot). And the ending didn't satisfy me fully, like I wished they made them reunite with all of the other characters and Victorique ended up running the academy with Kujo. That would've been a real happy ending.

Anyway I did enjoy it but most of all I enjoyed watching her, and Kujo wasn't a bad character either. The rating is based on her alone and the mysteries she solved. 8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 26, 2018 12:03 AM
Jan 2018
I love the anime, cant speak for the novels. One thing that bothered me was the fact that they threw in the monster sharmont thing at the end and made it a huge thing. I feel like should have dropped that story earlier on casually so later on we get a revelation moment that he was her rabbit. Also no kiss, I mean I get it since she apparently is gonna stay 10 forever and he would look like a pedo but still!!
Mar 31, 2018 6:06 AM

Apr 2016
This anime was so great. Without doubt 10/10

May 20, 2018 4:31 PM

Oct 2017
I was hoping for this ending while watching the last episode. Gladly it happened
Sep 21, 2018 7:05 AM

Feb 2018
It was an ok last episode, previous episode was much better, but overall a very enjoyable show. I liked that Grevil ended up being good guy in the end, after all.
Apr 4, 2019 4:03 AM

Apr 2015
WOW
what a way to finish this series
I enjoyed
Apr 11, 2019 11:40 AM

Mar 2008
The overarching plot was uninteresting to me so at times the show felt like a chore. However the main heroine was intriguing enough to keep watching, and the ending was so sweet that I consider it above average at the very least.
Bonus points for the excellent and memorable OP.
Oct 13, 2019 2:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The end is SO beautiful, one of the best end i've ever seen.
And this anime is very good overall
Nov 2, 2019 12:47 AM
Sep 2018
A very beautiful ending for a good show.
Kuzo was annoying at times. Victorique and her story kept the show interesting throughout. How did her hair change color? This seem to be unexplained.
Overall: A good, enjoyable show with fun characters. 8/10.
Nov 8, 2019 7:03 AM

Dec 2008
So I'm guessing, according to this story's version of history, in 1939 WW3 would occur? Or has the real WW2 just happens really early? Because if so than it should have lasted more than 4 years. Looks like they just duplicated WW1, which is weird, lazy and rude to history.

Well, I'm done with this and I'm glad I won't have to hear Kujo yelling "Victorique!" ever again because that was extremely annoying each time it happened.
Very flawed, still entertaining, intresting ending - 8/10.

Nov 12, 2019 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
The only thing I didn't like about the end was that Victorique's mother died but the rest was great!
Nov 16, 2019 8:39 AM
Jul 2016
I'm not normally interested in amines like this and just watched the first 4 episodes on Netflix 3months ago and just left it. I started watching again yesterday and honestly, I'm glad I did. I'm not an anime expert and haven't watch hundreds of anime under my belt, I'm just a casual peep here. I watch movies and anime most of the time but I'm very picky with the sht I watch because it's a big investment for me when watching something new because I get addicted to it if I get hooked and trust me I got hooked here. I just love the story, I never watched detective Conan and never expected to like a mystery solving anime but this was awesome. It had me confused and irritated sometimes but overall I liked to story. I buy their characters especially kujo and vitorique(obviously). I just love their chemistry together, the ending was good but it really bothered me how they handled the reunion scene. It felt like a regular week for them despite the WEIGHT of just what happened to them. I'm still hungry for more and wish I could read japanese. Btw is "GOSICK GREEN" the last of the series or are there still more in the works?
Dec 9, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2019
The ending was beautiful. I leave for these types of wholesome endings.

At the end she shown in a wedding dress waking twords to the light huhh.. so she marry kujo afterwards. Love this anime.

8/10 we need more wholesome endings like this anime. (Why guilty crown! Why didn't you thought a ending like this would be a good idea).
Mar 6, 2020 2:23 PM

Dec 2019
Aww man beautiful ending, we didn't get a kiss scene tho when they met again after a long time whyyyyy <_<
                                                         🖤   

Apr 8, 2020 12:50 AM
Feb 2016
Not a fan of how they wrap up the series. It's been an enjoyable ride. Kujo annoying tho reminds me of that MC from schools day. Victorixa nice especially with yuuki aoi voice. 7/10 for me. The mystery has been enjoyable
May 4, 2020 2:05 AM

Jul 2009
I am glad in they ended together, Kujo had a hard time in war.
The end was good, but I am sad that Cordelia is dead, happy to see that Vic's dad is dead, but I didn't want the mom to die...

Also I believe she didn't color her hair it got silver from stress? Something like this?
Jul 16, 2020 4:18 PM
Jun 2015
I really liked the first part where they solved the hare mystery. But after that the show lost its charm for me. Still I went on watching because I heard the last three or so episodes are really great, for which it got this high score. Well tbh I now feel I like I kinda wasted my time by completing this. I won't say it's very bad, but the ending definitely wasn't my cup of tea! I didn't understand a lot of things and I totally lost my interest by the last episode.

Ohh well! At least the beginning was good for me.
Jul 20, 2020 4:36 PM
Jun 2020
Just watched this for like the 4th time and is still a really great ending. But the novel did a bunch of things better, also for those that only watched the anime, her hair changed color because of her blood, she actually fell into a coma in the ship and her hair changed color because she almost died. The people from Seirun can't leave the old continent, if they do, they die. Roscoe also died because of that while on the ship, Victorique didn't because she was halfblood. Also if I'm not wrong they do get married by 1934 in New York. Too bad we didn't got more novels.
Aug 25, 2020 5:49 AM
Jul 2019
Eu pensei que fosse terminar ruim com final aberto mais este final eu aceito como mais que perfect❤😥
Sep 1, 2020 7:05 AM

Mar 2018
For the most part, the show had been rather mediocre but it improved quite a lot in the last two story arcs and the last episode was excellent. I wish the whole show had been more like that. As it is I stick with 7/10. I don't regret watching the show but it isn't really a keeper.
Sep 20, 2020 1:14 PM
Sep 2019
It felt really rushed, but at least at the end they got together again. Not sure why Victorique became so short.
Oct 11, 2020 12:02 AM

Oct 2016
OMG THE STORY WAS SO BEAUTIFUL, I'M LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW 😭😭
Dec 30, 2020 12:37 PM

Mar 2019
Anime was okay I guess, first two arcs were cool but the last arc was a miss to me. Though the ending was nice.

Feb 24, 2021 5:15 PM

Jan 2021
despite somethings were mysterious but that was a happy ending which came out of almost nowhere XD
I liked this one 10/10
Mar 27, 2021 2:31 PM
Feb 2021
That episode was so good and I cried for the whole thing..... But why they have to play with my heart I though that Kujo died so I was balling.
Apr 9, 2021 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
That was pretty damn good. I couldn't think of a better way to close the series. 10/10 episode and an 8/10 for the whole thing.
Apr 26, 2021 10:49 AM

Dec 2017
A tragic supernatural romance mystery anime with a annoying harem main character? It ended up being very average/below average, It took almost 2 months to complete. But it had it's moments and some of the arcs was actually pretty decent and it ended very strong imo. 4/10
Jun 15, 2021 7:00 PM
May 2019
I found this amazing anime after 10 years from his starts . I don't know how i missed it before :( !
However I watched it finally in two days and it was a wonderful anime with a lot a mystery/tragic and i enjoy it a lot .
I think I'll miss watching this.
A solid 8/10 for me
One of most underrated anime for sure !
Skizo10Jun 15, 2021 7:06 PM
Oct 1, 2021 12:34 PM
Apr 2021
I only know one thing, this anime is horrible, weak characters, an extremely generic and "asshole" protagonist, an insufferable heroine and worse: a horrible plot disguised as a good plot.
They created weak, horrible mysteries that even a 5 year old child would unravel, mysteries that would make agatha christie want to die... simply terrible, a freak, I was extremely uncomfortable watching this drug
Oct 1, 2021 12:39 PM
Apr 2021
Worst thing about the show was Kujo. He belongs in a harem anime, not a tragic romance mystery show.
really, that's what pissed me off the most, extremely generic and silly character... the kind of character that deserves to get screwed... that no one cares
Oct 1, 2021 12:40 PM
Apr 2021
Cevoy said:
A tragic supernatural romance mystery anime with a annoying harem main character? It ended up being very average/below average, It took almost 2 months to complete. But it had it's moments and some of the arcs was actually pretty decent and it ended very strong imo. 4/10
the characters ruined the anime
Oct 1, 2021 5:08 PM

Sep 2017
What an absurd final arc to jam into 3 episodes. It was certainly a grand fairy tail ending I suppose.
Oct 24, 2021 11:58 AM
Feb 2015
The ending was way too rushed. It left me confused.
Oct 25, 2021 2:03 AM
Sep 2016
this is the best ending i've seen in a just perfect anime 😍😍😍
Feb 2, 2022 7:01 AM
May 2021
Bro they really got me in the first half. I thought kujo died and Victorique would wait for him for her entire life. But man the ending, just loved it ❤❤❤❤
Aug 11, 2022 3:14 PM

Mar 2019
YES YES YES!! GREVIL DID IT! And we also got to see him with his hair down now that everything is over, best part of this episode. I'm seriously happy to see what he did in this episode, being his old good self, talking to Brian about Victorique like she isn't there while telling her to escape, just like he used to do with Kujo in the library.

I really liked the 2nd half of this episode even if I felt like they skipped A LOT in these last 3 episodes which is sad. I want Victorique with gold hair back, silver hair looks weird. And Kujo survived!! Even though I don't like him, it was still a nice reunion but I'll miss the teacher. I guess Avril is alone now, ha!

I still find Cordelia's death the biggest disappointment in Gosick and same with Brian and now we got the other Brian dying in an even worse way. Though now that we know they were twins, the difference in their personality makes his intention of killing Victorique more reasonable, though still not smart.

It was a nice anime overall, especially starting from the Leviathan story where we were able to see the real plot. I guess what that old man in the Gray Wolf village said became true in the end and the kid who ran away started working at the library. Monstre Charmant is also gone forever now. I really hoped they would return to the school instead :(

And no, Kujo still has his legs.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 24, 2022 12:48 PM

Apr 2020
Good show but I expected more with that high score. I don't like Kujo that much.
Really reminds me of Moriarty, another great anime. (And also better imo)
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Oct 26, 2022 8:37 AM
Aug 2018
After watching Shadow House S1 and S2 i really like this kind of anime
So i tried to find similar anime and end up watching this anime. That's true the story is similar but totally different. But after all i like this show because the story is deep but also light and happy ending is always good ending
So i gave 9/10
Oct 27, 2022 11:31 PM
Sep 2021
A second season of them living life and they are at peace would be nice this is such a beautiful story
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Oosran - Jan 21, 2011

222 by Alkimia »»
Sep 5, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

timeagent - Jan 14, 2011

203 by Alkimia »»
Sep 5, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Jan 7, 2011

278 by Alkimia »»
Sep 5, 7:26 AM

» The first 3 episodes were so stupid, does it get any less so?

Kitsune_089 - Jul 6

9 by HansDevX »»
Aug 25, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Oosran - May 13, 2011

108 by tmntr »»
Aug 11, 9:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.