Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (91) « First ... « 88 89 [90] 91 »
Dec 12, 2014 10:23 AM

Sep 2013
mayukachan said:
Reading Tokyo Ghoul. I really don't see how the manga was 238298931 times better than the anime still. :|

After the Jason/Kaneki fight is where it's at :)
Just wait till you read the ending :O I almost had a panic attack
Dec 12, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
^ good that I haven't watched. Tokyo Ghoul manga was awsome.

Just red Tousei Gensou Hakubutsuhi second time, rerated it one point higher, I was either more in the mood for it this time or the scanslations were better.

I love "mysterious shopowner" manga like xxx holic, petshop of horrors, this one i just re-readed... I'm gonna go find more of them.
Dec 12, 2014 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
Reading Tokyo Ghoul. I really don't see how the manga was 238298931 times better than the anime still. :|
You'll see...soon.........really soon......................... or not
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 12, 2014 11:03 PM

Feb 2013
Heard today a guy saying Koe no Katachi was the most generic/cliche, disgusting manga he has ever read. I thought he was joking at first but damn, he was not. I was about to commit murder.

Dec 13, 2014 12:19 AM

Oct 2013
Taiyo Matsumoto and his art make me cum
Dec 13, 2014 12:23 AM

Apr 2013
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Taiyo Matsumoto and his art make me cum.
It's amazing in Takemitsu Zamurai, I've already vowed to read all of his works.
Dec 13, 2014 12:30 AM

Oct 2013
Sloth_ said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Taiyo Matsumoto and his art make me cum.
It's amazing in Takemitsu Zamurai, I've already vowed to read all of his works.
That's the one I'm currently reading, I really like his narration.
Dec 13, 2014 9:23 AM

Dec 2014
Uh, I need to get back into reading manga more regularly again. Damn.
(っ◔◡◔)っ just on my dumb shit
Dec 13, 2014 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
M3k4toku said:

I pity you, peasant. How can you not see the greatness?

I thought the anime was decent and the manga is good so far LOL

o... fk dis plot twist.
"Hi!"
Dec 13, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
My thought today is that Webcomics > 95% of Manga.

The Gamer and Tower of God pls..
"Hi!"
Dec 13, 2014 4:41 PM

Oct 2013
M3k4toku said:

6 manga completed

Into the thrash it goes
Dec 13, 2014 4:46 PM

Jul 2012
gissellebatista said:
Heard today a guy saying Koe no Katachi was the most generic/cliche, disgusting manga he has ever read. I thought he was joking at first but damn, he was not. I was about to commit murder.

I'll back you up.
Dec 14, 2014 1:29 AM

Dec 2014
I read too much shoujo manga
Dec 14, 2014 3:07 AM

Sep 2014
I'm trying really hard not to drop Highshool Debut. But seriously, it's so boring. I can't feel any romance, even from the romance portions. ;-;
Dec 14, 2014 3:12 AM

Mar 2014
Can't wait for someone to ruin Ryofui's plan and wipe the grin off his face.
Dec 14, 2014 3:57 AM

Oct 2013
M3k4toku said:
Nay.
Dec 14, 2014 5:15 AM

Oct 2014
gissellebatista said:

How do you want me to cook that guy? Do you want him grilled, baked, or stir-fried?

UnoPuntoCinco said:
Taiyo Matsumoto and his art make me cum

Have you tried to check out one of his one-shot, Kanai-kun? It is simple, but its simplicity is what makes it truly beautiful.

M3k4toku said:

No.

Just finished HAL manga, and tears are spilled. And boy, how I was disappointed after seeing Haibane Renmei doujin. No, it was beautiful and simplistic, but I actually expect it as the adapted form of the anime (so I can skip the anime and read only the manga) But... instead it simply serves as an "introductory"... looks like I'll have to see the anime after all~
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Dec 14, 2014 7:24 AM

Oct 2013
Woah I didn't know that Pegasus and his group Good Vibrations saved the Earth from an asteroid crash. And nobody knew even the readers.
Dec 14, 2014 10:53 AM

Jul 2012
Todays thought~

I started One Punch Man.
It's great!
Murata's art is fucking amazing. I've liked all of his works so far. I also read Donten Prism Solar Car and ES21, and loved them both.

silmaril said:
M3k4toku said:
Nay.

Yeah I've had a fair share of webcomic experiences and they aren't necessarily better >_>

FloatingList said:
Just finished HAL manga, and tears are spilled. And boy, how I was disappointed after seeing Haibane Renmei doujin. No, it was beautiful and simplistic, but I actually expect it as the adapted form of the anime (so I can skip the anime and read only the manga) But... instead it simply serves as an "introductory"... looks like I'll have to see the anime after all~

THE ANIME IS AMAZING BTW. EVEN MORE FEELZ

Harrymanhunter said:
I'm trying really hard not to drop Highshool Debut. But seriously, it's so boring. I can't feel any romance, even from the romance portions. ;-;

i think they start dating at one point..
Dec 14, 2014 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
UnoPuntoCinco said:
M3k4toku said:

6 manga completed

Into the thrash it goes

Sucks I don't touch my manga list in the slightest.
"Hi!"
Dec 14, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
Is it because so many webcomics come in color?

I think most of them are overrated because "reading MANGA only" purists won't touch them because they are "manhwa" (less people read them than manga's I think)... just like some anime are "overraited" for short period untill more people watch them because of high mean.

I liked some of the webcomics I've red, but still I haven't found Naoki Urasawa's Monster equal for example.
Dec 14, 2014 7:51 PM

Jul 2012
grsh said:
I liked some of the webcomics I've red, but still I haven't found Naoki Urasawa's Monster equal for example.

Same. :< Then again, a lot of webcomics are done by one person without much help and they're doing it for free so you shouldn't expect to see that much quality like Monster's.
Dec 14, 2014 11:08 PM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:

FloatingList said:

THE ANIME IS AMAZING BTW. EVEN MORE FEELZ

But... but... I already punched all members of 1 Direction only to feel manly again.. ;_; Who should I punch if I see the anime and it has more feelz just like you said? The Expendables? ;_;

grsh said:

A "Monster" level quality is waaay too high as a standard for webcomics, at least for me. The best webcomic I've read so far is can't see can't hear but love. Only first chapters and I already hit with the feels train. Currently, I put it on hold cos high-quality feels things like this needs a good time to read.

That being said, I still think it's not on "Monster" level.

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen

Dec 15, 2014 8:00 AM

Jul 2012
One Punch Man...

more srs tho: it's pretty great so far. i love the comedy. thanks, based murata-sensei for the best art eva

i'm getting into more uh...non-shoujo/josei/girly manga which is good. however, i still need some to balance it out in the end :/
Dec 15, 2014 8:17 AM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:
One Punch Man...

more srs tho: it's pretty great so far. i love the comedy. thanks, based murata-sensei for the best art eva

i'm getting into more uh...non-shoujo/josei/girly manga which is good. however, i still need some to balance it out in the end :/

Check the "original" version of OP-man made by ONE himself. The art is sooooo darn bad, but the story is soooooooo darn good.

Regarding your preference as of now, what kind of non-shoujo manga you wanna get into? Action, horror, mystery?

Dec 15, 2014 8:19 AM

Jul 2012
FloatingList said:
Regarding your preference as of now, what kind of non-shoujo manga you wanna get into? Action, horror, mystery?

I found that it's really easy to read something like Tokyo Ghoul or OPM while it's harder to read complicated ones like Eden! It's an Endless World or Alive the Final Evolution. I'm also reading Sidonia no Kishi which is really hard to appreciate in manga form compared to anime because it's so bland and less interesting. I also like really nice looking art (like Murata-sensei's!).

I guess mystery and action would be nice :> Haven't read any Detective manga in a while.
Dec 15, 2014 8:49 AM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:
FloatingList said:

I found that it's really easy to read something like Tokyo Ghoul or OPM while it's harder to read complicated ones like Eden! It's an Endless World or Alive the Final Evolution. I'm also reading Sidonia no Kishi which is really hard to appreciate in manga form compared to anime because it's so bland and less interesting. I also like really nice looking art (like Murata-sensei's!).

I guess mystery and action would be nice :> Haven't read any Detective manga in a while.

long post ahead....

Dec 15, 2014 8:51 AM

Jul 2012
Thanks a lot! :3
Dec 15, 2014 9:31 AM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:

No prob.

Btw, on the opposite, I'm currently yearning for some romance manga. Romance manga with tragedy is preferred (the likes of Watashitachi etc), and not a too-long read (I currently can only handle max 30 chapter, by now). Know anything good?

Dec 15, 2014 9:39 AM

Jul 2012
FloatingList said:
mayukachan said:

No prob.

Btw, on the opposite, I'm currently yearning for some romance manga. Romance manga with tragedy is preferred (the likes of Watashitachi etc), and not a too-long read (I currently can only handle max 30 chapter, by now). Know anything good?

Same author as Watashitachi: http://myanimelist.net/manga/6164/My_Girl

Others:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/12760/Taiyou_no_Uta
http://myanimelist.net/manga/35573/Orange (not completed sadly, but perfect for your requirements)
http://myanimelist.net/manga/26021/Hajimari_no_Niina
http://myanimelist.net/manga/1802/Cat_Street (more of a coming of age)
http://myanimelist.net/manga/5686/24_Colors:_Hatsukoi_no_Palette
Dec 15, 2014 9:40 AM

Oct 2013
FloatingList said:
mayukachan said:

No prob.

Yo, I don't think this is a recommendation thread, but whatever. Try Semete, Ano Yuki no You ni. It's a one shot, and not really a tragedy. But it's really bittersweet.
Dec 15, 2014 9:44 AM

Oct 2014

Nice, I'll get around these ^^

silmaril said:
Yo, I don't think this is a recommendation thread, but whatever. Try Semete, Ano Yuki no You ni. It's a one shot, and not really a tragedy. But it's really bittersweet.

Naaaah... it's actually half recommendation thread :3 but whatever. Bittersweet works well too, so thanks! I'll check it out ^^

Dec 15, 2014 5:50 PM

Feb 2012
Slam Dunk feels work in manga form too, which is something I'm happy about.
Dec 15, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2010
Just finished Koe no Katachi and it was pretty amazing. The hypocrite made me want to silence her when she went to the hug for "protection" and she didn't redeem herself enough though I did enjoy how she got owned sometimes. Really enjoyed the theme though I might had expected a little more out of the ending though it was still satisfying.
Dec 15, 2014 8:11 PM

Sep 2013
The original one punch man has barely been updated for more than a year :(
Mob Psycho is great and all but atleast throw a chapter or 2 now and then ONE :(

And I wonder what the author will do next after Akuma no Riddle ends? :O
I have mixed feelings about a sequel, maybe a full out bondage yuri romance XD
ichii_1Dec 15, 2014 8:15 PM
Dec 16, 2014 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
Shiroi Kumo is the exception in the vast sea of crappy short manga.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Dec 16, 2014 10:02 AM

Jan 2013
The female lead in Song of the Long March is fabulous. Reminds me of Balsa.

Speaking of bad female characters, the misogyny level in Jiro Matsumoto's manga reached an all time low in Freesia.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Dec 16, 2014 12:03 PM

Jun 2014
Zophrosyne said:
Speaking of bad female characters, the misogyny level in Jiro Matsumoto's manga reached an all time low in Freesia.

That's kind of sad if that's the case, since it seems the guy has a transgendered sister.
Dec 16, 2014 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
dream_eater1012 said:
Zophrosyne said:

That's kind of sad if that's the case, since it seems the guy has a transgendered sister.

Well now I'm finally starting to get the whole picture lol.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Dec 16, 2014 9:44 PM

Apr 2014
Usagi Drop's ending sucked ass
Dec 16, 2014 9:46 PM

Jan 2013
Protaku94 said:

Read My Girl.
Its infinitely better than Usagi flop.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Dec 17, 2014 7:54 AM

Apr 2013
Bradherley no Basha was really depressing...

you start reading because the setting and time it plays in is interesting and then you continue in the hope it gets less depressing but it just doesn't
Dec 17, 2014 8:33 AM

Oct 2013
Zophrosyne said:
Protaku94 said:

Read My Girl.
+100 My Girl.
Dec 17, 2014 6:34 PM

Jul 2012
Gonna start "87 Clockers" sometime soon. I already know this is probably severely underrated. Called it.

Be back later, manga thread :3

silmaril said:
Zophrosyne said:

Read My Girl.
+100 My Girl.

+1000 My Girl.
Dec 17, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2012
Lolis are the greatest.
Dec 17, 2014 7:06 PM

Sep 2013
"Dolls Fall"" aka loli killing manga :'(
I should have excepted this from the maker of Corpse Party.
Dec 17, 2014 9:44 PM

Jul 2013
the loud ones always die first.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Dec 18, 2014 12:36 AM

Jan 2013
Oooku is fuckin awesome.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Dec 19, 2014 2:26 AM
May 2013
Finally caught up with Himegoto.

I am liking the yoshiki - kaito moments.
Dec 19, 2014 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
Yup. 87 Clockers is great. As a computer science major, I fully approve of this!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (91) « First ... « 88 89 [90] 91 »

More topics from this board

» What manga by junji ito has nudity?

KcmcPro - Jun 14

8 by KcmcPro »»
4 hours ago

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5949 by Vampire_Lord »»
5 hours ago

» Tamanoi Peromekuri

GinIonSui - 9 hours ago

0 by GinIonSui »»
9 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1099 by actual_human »»
Today, 3:02 AM

» When and how did you get introduced to manga?

ColdBlackTeaFan - Jun 13

13 by Zorpanur »»
Today, 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.