Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Jan 17, 2014 2:41 AM

Jul 2013
Whew.
I was traveling so I just could watch the last 3 episodes some days ago.

Best Anime Ever.Best Visual Novel.
Can't wait for EX.
Jan 17, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2010
Best ending occurred due to the courageous Riki and Rin

The comeback remark of Kyousuke:" Let's go on a field trip again"
was cruel yet promising

Too bad the storytelling lacked on the first half and overhype, fanboy rages and spoiling has made this place less comfy to stay at
They got into stalking and personal attacks nowadays which is just sad

There are plenty documentaries, drama's and movies that trumps this and news has similar stories
Like a mountain caught fire during a field trip and the teachers sacrificed themselves in order to push their students up high to safety

Granted I believe there hasn't been a story like this animated
Jan 17, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
1lau said:

There are plenty documentaries, drama's and movies that trumps this and news has similar stories
Like a mountain caught fire during a field trip and the teachers sacrificed themselves in order to push their students up high to safety

Granted I believe there hasn't been a story like this animated

I agree, there are plenty of things that trump this adaptation.
Jan 18, 2014 11:51 AM

Sep 2010
1lau said:
Too bad the storytelling lacked on the first half and overhype, fanboy rages and spoiling has made this place less comfy to stay at
They got into stalking and personal attacks nowadays which is just sad

This is the first I've heard of this as I go to these forums almost everyday... I think you're exaggerating unless I'm missing something here. I don't think the series was ever that hyped all the time. It was mostly looked down upon by most vn players from how much of a failure it is.
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Jan 18, 2014 12:56 PM

Sep 2012
I think people were pretty optimistic about the adaptation up until like episodes 6-8. Episode 6 killed Rin fans who wanted a well paced arc, including Riki finally not being a beta faggot for one episode and becoming likable, episode 7 had the lowest budget for the start of the most important arc of the story, and then episode 8 is Masato's "zombie arc" which I think threw the nail in the coffin for a lot of people.

People didn't seem to like Kurugaya's route much in the VN, so people thought the adaptation of that part was good. The animation and her character stand out among the other girls and arcs, it seems. I thought it was done pretty shallowly with little development, and the 3rd episode barely did anything decent until the last 5 minutes, compared to what could've filled the episode. Getting the 13 episode confirmation on the day episode 3 aired pretty much sealed LB's fate for me.
Jan 19, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2009
and the said2 2nd season much better!

for me, pretty much same. still a mediocre anime

5/10
Jan 20, 2014 1:48 AM

Dec 2010
I..., I was actually expecting a bad end. Oh well.

It was a fine anime though. 8/10. I should probably read the VN in the future.
Jan 20, 2014 5:05 AM

Mar 2013
Ummmmm..... I don't know how to say this but I've seen this anime before.... The weirdest part is that I absolutely did not watch it my last semester of college which was when it was airing...

Like I don't know what the fuck is going on. Its not just that I could call the ending, I knew every single thing that was going to happen-- down to the minute detail-- and there is no possible way that I have watched this anime before, yet I obviously have.

Can anyone help me figure out what the hell is going on because this is unsettling
Jan 20, 2014 5:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
aLooser said:
Ummmmm..... I don't know how to say this but I've seen this anime before.... The weirdest part is that I absolutely did not watch it my last semester of college which was when it was airing...

Like I don't know what the fuck is going on. Its not just that I could call the ending, I knew every single thing that was going to happen-- down to the minute detail-- and there is no possible way that I have watched this anime before, yet I obviously have.

Can anyone help me figure out what the hell is going on because this is unsettling
you read the VN then hit your head some time later and therefore only have the memories of it lost somewhere deep inside your brain

or maybe someone was whispering the story's plot in your ear while you were sleeping
Jan 20, 2014 9:37 AM

Mar 2013
HaXXspetten said:
aLooser said:

you read the VN then hit your head some time later and therefore only have the memories of it lost somewhere deep inside your brain

or maybe someone was whispering the story's plot in your ear while you were sleeping

I haven't read many VN's in my life, but that was the first thing I thought of. If I had read the VN, it would have been well over a year ago, maybe two, but I don't have any recollection of it. The great majority of the series went by with me only guessing what would happen because a ton of things were predictable, but the last couple of episodes... I knew exactly what was going on and how things would be handled.

It is just incredibly weird.
Jan 20, 2014 3:28 PM
Jun 2013
Then you came from the future !
Jan 20, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2009
aLooser said:
HaXXspetten said:
aLooser said:

I haven't read many VN's in my life, but that was the first thing I thought of. If I had read the VN, it would have been well over a year ago, maybe two, but I don't have any recollection of it. The great majority of the series went by with me only guessing what would happen because a ton of things were predictable, but the last couple of episodes... I knew exactly what was going on and how things would be handled.

I'm pretty sure it's called deja-vu. Maybe someone is repeating time and you're within the range or close to the person in question to be affected by the alternate timelines. Instead of fully regaining your memories, you get various deja-vu feels. You feel like it's happened to you before, because it might've actually did happen in some other timeline as you might've decided to play the visual novel in some other timeline while watching the anime; and finished the visual novel before the ~refrain anime finished. I'm sorry, it just all suddenly came to me right when I read your post... I could be wrong though? Either that, or your just really perceptive to the point that your guesses became the facts.
Jan 21, 2014 3:49 PM

Sep 2012
Nani?! Masaka..
This deja vu must be the work of the organization, or perhaps the choice of Steins Gate! Conspiracy's evil influence is much closer than you think, and it's always ready to deceive you! UWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jan 22, 2014 2:27 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Started watching Refrain yesterday at night (after finishing LB), finished today in less than 24 hours!! 19 maybe... that is how good and emotional this was for me! And the ending, I was predicting a bad one, SWEET!! I really cant wait to see those OVAS! I want to see more of this amazing teenage group! I m a grown up, but damm, so beautiful the whole thing!
Jan 24, 2014 6:32 PM

Mar 2013
MagicFlier said:
aLooser said:
HaXXspetten said:
aLooser said:

I'm pretty sure it's called deja-vu. Maybe someone is repeating time and you're within the range or close to the person in question to be affected by the alternate timelines. Instead of fully regaining your memories, you get various deja-vu feels. You feel like it's happened to you before, because it might've actually did happen in some other timeline as you might've decided to play the visual novel in some other timeline while watching the anime; and finished the visual novel before the ~refrain anime finished. I'm sorry, it just all suddenly came to me right when I read your post... I could be wrong though? Either that, or your just really perceptive to the point that your guesses became the facts.

I've experienced deja vu before, to be honest I have strong feelings of deja vu on an almost daily basis; conversations, classes, and many other new things seem like I've done them before.

But there is a difference in this case. With Deja vu things feel familiar but its really wishy washy, after I watched the last couple of episodes I KNEW that I have seen this before. I just have no recollection of it, and there really hasn't been any time for me to do it. It's like trying to grab water, I can see it, I know its there, but no matter how I grip the memories location it just slips through my fingers.
Jan 24, 2014 9:21 PM

Sep 2012
Deja vu = your brain falsely interpreting shit you've never just as a past memory = HOLY FUCK I'VE SEEN THAT BEFORE, except you haven't.
Source: Nishizono Mio [dialogue on deja vu from the VN]
Jan 25, 2014 3:16 AM
Jun 2013
Vladz0r said:
Deja vu = your brain falsely interpreting shit you've never just as a past memory = HOLY FUCK I'VE SEEN THAT BEFORE, except you haven't.
Source: Nishizono Mio [dialogue on deja vu from the VN]

And now I'm picturing Mio saying the "HOLY FUCK" part. Thanks for that !
Jan 29, 2014 6:11 AM
Jun 2013
Wow, what a ride. This series is incredible. That was close to the most I have cried watching an anime. Intense.

The 'little busters ver.' for the ending sold it. Brilliant, it fit perfectly.

Riki's past... wow.

I AM SO HAPPY FOR THE HAPPY ENDING, HOLY FUCK.
Jan 31, 2014 2:09 PM

Aug 2010
Ending was so meeeeeeeeeh

had high hopes at the start of the show, quickly went down after ep7
Feb 2, 2014 5:44 PM

Sep 2013
Well I've watched from episode 8 of the first season and now I've finished Refrain in one day. I think I enjoyed season 1 more for all the laughs as well as the tears, whereas Refrain was lacking in the humour department (for good reason mind you)

Well other than episodes 4 and 5 I thoroughly enjoyed Refrain and this was an ideal finale (though it was lacking a kiss.. or any real mention of Rin and Riki's relationship)
Feb 7, 2014 12:49 AM

Mar 2008
well, I gave refrain a 6 for episode 10+11 (those were really cool), I also liked Yuiko but the episode that was about her (can't remember which one it was in refrain) was rushed as well.
Now, what I didn't like..
The ending felt like a whole wish fulfillment again (similar to Clannad: After Stories tv ending). All that huge drama was completely nullified with noone having a serious injury or dying. Also none of the characters gave a shit about the other people (they did rescue them, but afterwards...).
I also hated that deus ex machina with Kyousuke suddenly appearing AT THE PERFECT time out of nowhere.
This anime just failed to have any sort of impact for me to care enough about the characters.
Masato's arc/episode was also goddamn pathetic. He suddenly went insane (zombie mode) lol
Vanessa-Feb 7, 2014 1:09 AM
Feb 7, 2014 9:13 AM

Sep 2012
gonna reply for lulz

precious said:
well, I gave refrain a 6 for episode 10+11 (those were really cool), I also liked Yuiko but the episode that was about her (can't remember which one it was in refrain) was rushed as well.

fixed in the VN

precious said:

Now, what I didn't like..
The ending felt like a whole wish fulfillment again (similar to Clannad: After Stories tv ending). All that huge drama was completely nullified with noone having a serious injury or dying. Also none of the characters gave a shit about the other people (they did rescue them, but afterwards...).

A result of JC Staff omitting information, poor execution and added anime-original content (actually showing everyone be rescued, then ignored later on), and not following the ending of the VN, despite Jun Maeda composing music that implied more than just the wish fulfillment ending the anime decided on adapting.

precious said:

I also hated that deus ex machina with Kyousuke suddenly appearing AT THE PERFECT time out of nowhere.

Not sure if you know that plot conveniences =/= deus ex machinas. Kyousuke coming through the window has been a signature thing that he's done since the first season, anyway. The flip was a bit much, but JC Staff strikes again.

precious said:

This anime just failed to have any sort of impact for me to care enough about the characters.

I don't blame you. It feels extremely hollow and sucks at characterization and being fun and engaging.

precious said:

Masato's arc/episode was also goddamn pathetic. He suddenly went insane (zombie mode) lol

They failed to give his "zombie mode" a proper explanation, sadly, when it was one of my favorite parts in the VN, where it was taken more seriously and didn't look retarded.
Feb 10, 2014 7:17 AM

Sep 2011
I enoyed it quite a lot.

I think this anime suffers from Clannad's reputation. Clannad was an outlier no matter how you look at it. Other adaptations from KyoAni don't come anywhere close to Clannad's reception. So I don't know why people are assuming why KyoAni would've produced another great outlier if they had adapted Little Busters. Angel Beats is often mentioned as a show that could've been much better but didn't get the amount of episodes it needed. Something similar or other issues could've happened to Little Busters as well.

Going into this with no expectations, I thought JC Staff did an ok job. The show has issues, but no glaring ones imo. The main issue is that scenes were skipped, details were omitted and all that stuff. But I don't see how this problem could've been avoided unless more episodes were produced. 39 episodes is already a lot and there's no guarantee KyoAni would've gotten more episodes. You could argue that scenes like the sleepover and the cafetaria rescue got disproportional amounts of screentime, but I actually feel that was needed. This VN/anime centers around friendship and that friendship mainly develops in the common route, not in the side routes. If the anime cut away screentime from the already sparse common route episodes, I feel the friendship theme would suffer greatly.

I also happen to like JC Staff's approach to the ending. When Riki wakes up from the artificial world, he literally says to Rin (in the subs I watched at least): 'We have to run away'. This felt so incredibly awkward. The whole point of the artificial world is to make Riki/Rin stronger so they actually deal with their issues instead of running away. So I feel like the ending where Riki/Rin save everyone is the appropriate ending because it makes the whole story meaningful. If Riki/Rin were to run away, everyone would die and that would be... sad, I guess? What is the meaning of the story then?
Feb 10, 2014 3:11 PM

Sep 2012
Kyoani's episodes of Air, Kanon, and Clannad are extremely dense with screenplay and dialogue compared to Little Busters, which often moves at a slow pace, adapts lines of text 1:1 without consolidating larger scenes into smaller ones to incorporate varied characterization and larger number of scenes, etc.

I think KyoAni could've handled it better with more budget and a simple number of episodes. Clannad, Kanon, and Angel Beats average nearly double the amount of lines of text and have many more scenes and interactions than Little Busters.
There's also a lack of creativity in how things were handled in regards to Riki's character. If you see how Yuuichi's cynical and outlandish personality was more focused in the Kanon adaptation, he's much more enjoyable than his VN counterpart, which is more reactionary.

It's a matter of episode count, but it's also hugely a matter of budget, effort, and creativity put into the show that is lacking from JC Staff.

Ah well. I'm enjoying going through Key's older VNs and seeing the other adaptations.
Feb 15, 2014 6:16 AM

May 2013
Refrain was a huge improvement over the first season, and actually managed to make feel something, so kudos for that.

Still, I can't help but feel the ending was mishandled somewhat. Before people call me a hypocrite because I loved Clannad and its ending, hear me out.

The whole idea of everything in the series taking place in a false world due to some tragic event is fantastic, and I was really enjoyed how it was slowly unraveled. It was horrifying to know that everyone we've come to know throughout the series is actually dead (and would have been absolutely crushing had the first season done a better job at getting me to care for the characters).

But then in the end, when Rin and Riki come back, it turns out that no one was dead in the first place, which makes the whole show's journey feel somewhat pointless. Kyousuke said that he created the dream world so that Riki and Rin would grow stronger and be able to move on after their deaths. So, the natural assumption is that everyone would be dead when Rin and Riki returned...but they were all still alive, just hurt. Ignoring how insanely implausible that is, what was the point of the whole dream world? Is the show implying that without it, Rin and Riki would have ditched their friends and left? Wouldn't Riki have tried to save his friends after the bus crash, regardless of whether he'd gone to the dream world?

People say that an alternate interpretation is hinted at, that everyone died and the happy ending at the end is just a dream world. But that's even worse, because the it renders the entire show meaningless. So Riki went through that long journey to get stronger and grow up...just to die at the end?

I actually would have preferred that everyone die and be revived in a way that tied in thematically to the series if that was what had to happen. That's the exact reason I tolerated Clannad's ending.

Now, I know some things were changed form the VN, and it was probably better done there. But I'm talking about the anime adaptation here, and I wasn't very satisfied with the ending.'

Still, overall, Refrain was a very good show, and I'm glad I watched it.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 15, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2012
Well, just gonna say that me and some of my friends wanted the LBs dead in the anime to get some emotional impact, and didn't want them to die by Kyousuke's farewell in the VN from our strong emotional attachment by that point.

The execution's a mess and pretty silly in the anime.

Without the dream world, Riki wouldn't have cured his mental weakness, his narcolepsy. His narcolepsy is a more figurative thing that he cured by becoming closer to the Little Busters in the dream world; the transient miracle of the dream world is what brought the Little Busters together to make Riki and Rin stronger.
He possibly wouldn't have abandoned his friends, but would've stayed in a narcoleptic state and died along with everyone if not for the dream world.

Kyousuke's plan, his wish, was to make Riki stronger, not simply to have everyone saved. If they're stronger, Riki won't pass out at the bus scene. Kyousuke was launched far from the bus ad couldn't tell who was alive, and only knew that he was "sharing his consciousness" with everyone. He also wanted to delay the explosion with his selfless sacrifice, so that Riki and Rin would leave by himself. It's a sort of reverse wish type of thing. Kyousuke obviously would just want to be saved along with everyone else, and the VN implied that through an early vision Kyousuke had of Riki and Rin saving everyone during his arc, but the whole point was that Key built up this development in the dream world, emphasized a depressing outcome, and Riki and Rin turn that around on Kyousuke and exceed his expectations by staying calm and saving everyone.

But yeah, there's a lot of complexity in Little Busters with its implications that is already overlooked in the VN, so it's just an even worse situation trying to analyze it in the anime.
Few people have actually come to close conclusions about Little Busters in it totality from the anime alone.
Feb 15, 2014 6:31 PM

May 2013
That sounds a bit better and more coherent than the messy last episode of Refrain. It's a shame that the execution overall wasn't better. I only began to grow attached to the characters towards the end of Refrain, which reflects rather badly on the adaptation. Little Busters! had the potential to join the extremely small, minuscule list of anime that moved me deeply, but unfortunately it fell short of that.

Then again, Angel Beats, Air, and Kanon all failed to draw emotional reactions out of me, so take that with a grain of salt.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 15, 2014 11:27 PM

Sep 2012
The Kanon VN is also much better than the anime as well, despite its pretty high approval. The story arcs being tied together, the story focus shifting all over the place (Ayu x Yuuichi being developed in the early episodes, stalled for 15 episodes, and then continued by the end into an awkward romance, for example.)
There's a bunch of things that didn't work out well. The epilogues of each route that were pretty emotional mostly got pushed and montaged into the final episode. The routes were a bit rushed like Makoto's, and off-key in emotions, and some events simply didn't portray the right idea. Mai's fight scene at the dance, for example, was supposed to convey anxiety and nailing the coffin for Mai's acceptance as a student, which all tied into her character. The change in direction made it more of an epic scene that didn't really work well. Ayu's voice simply wasn't as well done or as endearing, and she was kind of annoying in the anime, but became a favorite character once I got to the VN. Shiori's route relied a lot on the epilogue, and the anime lost that along with her (better imo) VN voice actor. Uhh, I think the emotional scenes were done fine for Makoto and Ayu, but there's overdramatization in Mai's arc, for sure, and I was put off even though I liked it in the VN.

And Angel Beats is probably Key's weakest work, with its most developed story arc having less development than story arcs written 16 years ago in Maeda's fist work, ONE. It's a pretty rushed mess for an experienced anime viewer, though I enjoyed it a lot at the time. The VN should fix a lot of stuff.
Vladz0rFeb 15, 2014 11:38 PM
Feb 17, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
Am ready for another feel trip
Mar 3, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed Refrain much more than the first season because, to me, it felt like something was actually happening. To be honest though, all the build up about having to move on after their deaths was completely ruined for me when they could just feel their heartbeat to see that they were all still alive... And the majority of them weren't even heavily injured it seemed, despite the amount of blood it wanted to emphasize. I know it's supposed to be a miracle, and I have certainly enjoyed endings with miracles, one of them being Clannad, but I just don't enjoy the fact that every episode until the last two episodes were a dream (to be honest, the last episode is the one that actually stays in the real world...), and they decide to just cram all the possible emotions of a miracle into one episode when it's an entire bus full of people miraculously surviving. Kyousuke was the only one that got a scene during the miracle rescue, and that also felt short. For all the (incredibly slow) build up, the conclusion was rushed far too much in my opinion. I feel like having Riki and Rin discovering their dead bodies, or even listening to their last breaths before dying, would have had more...emotional impact.

But, don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the Anime. While I wasn't as emotionally attached as I wanted to be to feel the impact, it certainly was a good watch. 8/10 for Refrain. And I may pick up the VN sometime, haha.
Mar 4, 2014 7:08 AM

Jul 2013
Twinkieftw said:
I enjoyed Refrain much more than the first season because, to me, it felt like something was actually happening. To be honest though, all the build up about having to move on after their deaths was completely ruined for me when they could just feel their heartbeat to see that they were all still alive... And the majority of them weren't even heavily injured it seemed, despite the amount of blood it wanted to emphasize. I know it's supposed to be a miracle, and I have certainly enjoyed endings with miracles, one of them being Clannad, but I just don't enjoy the fact that every episode until the last two episodes were a dream (to be honest, the last episode is the one that actually stays in the real world...), and they decide to just cram all the possible emotions of a miracle into one episode when it's an entire bus full of people miraculously surviving. Kyousuke was the only one that got a scene during the miracle rescue, and that also felt short. For all the (incredibly slow) build up, the conclusion was rushed far too much in my opinion. I feel like having Riki and Rin discovering their dead bodies, or even listening to their last breaths before dying, would have had more...emotional impact.

But, don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the Anime. While I wasn't as emotionally attached as I wanted to be to feel the impact, it certainly was a good watch. 8/10 for Refrain. And I may pick up the VN sometime, haha.

in the VN, the normal end is when everyone dies and only Riki and Rin are left. They just didnt incoorperate that ending in the anime. so hopefully that motivates you to try it even more
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Mar 4, 2014 8:41 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah, 90% of the replies to this episode pretty have my rolling my eyes and saying "Oh look, more shit that people complain about as a result of the anime."
They didn't emphasize tricking you with bloodied up shit like in episode with the VN. They didn't make it seem ridiculous with how Riki and Rin eventually saved everyone, mostly because it's something breezed through. In the VN, it's gleamed over that there was even a bus full of people. The reuinion at the end was slower paced and more heartfelt, especially Kyousuke's return.

But yeah, those are just problems with the ending alone that are better delivered in the VN. Those don't even come close to how much is lost in the anime. At least it isn't as bad of an adaptation as Air.
Vladz0rMar 4, 2014 2:55 PM
Mar 5, 2014 3:00 PM

Sep 2013
*4. *7,666 *7,666 Little Busters!: Refrain Vol.2 Limited Edition

Its selling well I see.
Mar 9, 2014 8:48 PM
Sep 2013
Like most of Key's works, the real story don't start til the 2nd half so I didn't even bother watching the first season until I hear how the 2nd season turned out. From the looks of it, not too bad, I should probably start on the series now and maybe the VN.
Mar 10, 2014 9:05 AM

Sep 2012
MrNTR said:
Like most of Key's works, the real story don't start til the 2nd half so I didn't even bother watching the first season until I hear how the 2nd season turned out. From the looks of it, not too bad, I should probably start on the series now and maybe the VN.

Barring Clannad, I would recommend going into the VN for every Key work to avoid issues with the adaptations. Air and Little Busters especially should be read before watching the abominat— I mean adaptations.
Mar 11, 2014 10:14 PM

Nov 2013
Vladz0r said:
Air and Little Busters especially should be read before watching the abominat— I mean adaptations.

Pretty much this.

I feel the anime lacks at a lot of parts and left things out that could have made the story a little grittier, and damn I missed the tense OST that played when Riki and Rin are saving the others.

I liked a lot the ending part though!

Overall: 7/10... Not bad though, not great either, just good.

I still have to watch Air, lol.
Mar 15, 2014 5:14 AM

Apr 2009
errr~ i prefer a depressing episode than this. They really want to make a happy ending. Episode 11 is the best for me and these last 2 episodes are way too cliche. :(

I love the OP song and the art. I just can't believe that all of Kyousuke's effort were gone. Overall 9/10

I still hope KyoAni will do the next adaptation of Key.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
ezaya said:
errr~ i prefer a depressing episode than this. They really want to make a happy ending. Episode 11 is the best for me and these last 2 episodes are way too cliche. :(

I love the OP song and the art. I just can't believe that all of Kyousuke's effort were gone. Overall 9/10

I still hope KyoAni will do the next adaptation of Key.

most likely not. Rewrite is a very dark story and kyoani has only been doing their LN adaptations/orginal stuff (correct me if im wrong). ufotable or whitefox would be the best bet for Rewrite
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Mar 15, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2012
KyoAni will probably never touch any half-decent works so long as they continue their in-house LN adaptations.

I wouldn't be upset if they did Rewrite at all, if it was Clannad/Haruhi Movie quality. I think they learned how to handle multiple route VN stories from Key well, but that doesn't give them extra qualifications for something like Rewrite. KyoAni ever adapting another Key work, let alone Rewrite is unrealistic at this point. They've already made their name from Haruhi and Key adaptations and are riding on their experience as a studio to adapt their own more lucrative (and shitty) works.
Vladz0rMar 15, 2014 10:29 AM
Mar 15, 2014 8:01 PM

Apr 2009
Vladz0r said:
KyoAni will probably never touch any half-decent works so long as they continue their in-house LN adaptations.

I wouldn't be upset if they did Rewrite at all, if it was Clannad/Haruhi Movie quality. I think they learned how to handle multiple route VN stories from Key well, but that doesn't give them extra qualifications for something like Rewrite. KyoAni ever adapting another Key work, let alone Rewrite is unrealistic at this point. They've already made their name from Haruhi and Key adaptations and are riding on their experience as a studio to adapt their own more lucrative (and shitty) works.

I still haven't see the visual novel of rewrite, is it really dark or depressing.? Although I still love P.A. WORKS for Angel Beats and J.C. Staff for this one, but i really miss the feeling and emotions KyoAni is providing in their previous works.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2014 9:04 PM

Sep 2012
Heh, it's darker than other Key works. Romeo Tanaka's descriptions can be quite gruesome, and he definitely goes beyond what Maeda would ever write with the details, but the CGs I think don't carry that same atmosphere that the OST and the writing gives you, with Rewrite.

It's somewhat dark, but doesn't hold a candle to something like Berserk.

It would be great if Madhouse or some studio that can handle the edgier aspects of it could adapt it, and maybe supplement the style that the VN lacks in its darker parts of the story. Looking at a black screen with walls of gruesome text and imagining everything happen, while all the sprites and CGs are pretty bright and colorful makes it less than dark, for me.
Vladz0rMar 15, 2014 9:16 PM
Mar 18, 2014 11:40 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
My Kurugaya survives!!!! YES!!!

So all this time during the crash Riki and Rin were in some alternate universe and Kyousuke was trying to get them to become stronger through various ways. It worked in the end and Riki managed to save everyone. I do wonder since Kyousuke touched the part where the gas was pouring out he must have serious back burns because when he touched the part where the gas was coming out it was very hot. Unless his thick coat protected him, but other than that Kyousuke took care of things while Riki and Rin were getting stronger.

Riki and Rin pulling everyone out of the bus must have left them exhausted. I sure missed everyone in the Litte Busters having fun once again, and Mio as always despite being the quiet type she sure is fun to watch in many ways.

Kyousuke driving, oh well no worries about another crash, he has things under control ^_^

Mar 20, 2014 6:12 AM

Apr 2009
How I really wish that they ended this on episode 11. I would really give this series a 10/10. They really killed the feeling I had by the last 2 episodes.
Apr 6, 2014 4:23 PM

Aug 2012
...Amazing. My concerns that lingered from the first season have all been addressed. Not only were the clues to a mystery (Key magic) tied together, but the entire setting of the show up until the main characters' reawakening has exceeded my expectations. Lessons were learned through iteration. Repeated failures were not for naught. I was able to suspend my disbelief all the way to the end. This is no bullshit ending. This is no miracle. It feels real. It is real.

Whatever you might say about Key's works, I think this is by far the best of their anime I have ever seen. I say that it has been on par with Clannad After Story up until the end, because in the ending, where AS barely misses the goal, Refrain hits the bull's eye.

Thank you, J.C. Staff, for restoring my faith in anime.

10/10 Masterpiece

After going over what I just saw, I noticed one big piece that was missing. This whole charade was to help Riki and Rin overcome their weaknesses. Riki's was well executed, but almost no information was given as to the cause(s) of Rin's fear of contact. They say something bad happened to her at a young age, yet the only scene they show us of this incident is too vague and grotesque. One could imagine what happened, but that doesn't really help build Rin's character if we don't have so much as a hint.

9/10
gamer2710Apr 6, 2014 8:22 PM
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 6, 2014 6:27 PM

May 2012
Pretty sweet and satisfying ending of this second season and I must say even though I disliked the baseball part the characters and overall drama/story made this anime very lovely like it did with the first season! I'm sure looking forward to watch the 8 remaining episodes in the sequel but that will have to wait until it's finished airing!

All by all a very good anime! 8/10
Apr 16, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
When Kyousuke mentioned the bus accident that happened at another school, I knew what was happening. It definitely decreased the feels effect, I was hardly surprised when the revelation came. I like happy endings but to be honest, I'd like to have seen the bad ending where the bus actually exploded and everyone except Riki and Rin died. That, I think, would have made the happy ending more memorable. Kind of like what happened in Clannad AS.

Kurugaya lives! 8/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 26, 2014 9:44 PM

Sep 2011
Someone should make a Little Busters! AMV with this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPRh_ly6JM
"AS WE GO ON, WE REMEMBER ALL THE TIMES WE HAD TOGETHER... COME WHATEVER, WE WILL STILL BE FRIENDS FOREVER."
Apr 27, 2014 4:08 AM

Apr 2009
xchee said:
When Kyousuke mentioned the bus accident that happened at another school, I knew what was happening. It definitely decreased the feels effect, I was hardly surprised when the revelation came. I like happy endings but to be honest, I'd like to have seen the bad ending where the bus actually exploded and everyone except Riki and Rin died. That, I think, would have made the happy ending more memorable. Kind of like what happened in Clannad AS.

Kurugaya lives! 8/10.

The ending is forceful to be a happy ending. Air and After Story's ending is way more memorable.
Apr 27, 2014 2:11 PM

Sep 2012
ezaya said:
xchee said:

Kurugaya lives! 8/10.

The ending is forceful to be a happy ending. Air and After Story's ending is way more memorable.

Best laugh of the day, thanks. I'd love to hear an explanation of why After Story and Air's endings are less forceful to be a happy ending. I mean, the After Story anime pushes straight through with the tragic events of episode 21 before taking a 180 and giving the audinece the happy ending, while the LB kept the possibility for a happy/sad ending at a fair chance, not revealing the complete real-world events, and then they don't try to shoot for a sad->happy ending. I can't see how LB's is "forced" and Clannad's isn't, as an an anime.

And Air's ending is just the sort of nonchalant "life goes on" ending, anyway, so it's not really similar to the other two.

Anyway, the VN endings are all significantly better for each of the VNs, anyway. Not even sure how people can bring the Air anime into a Key discussion with how mediocre most of the adaptation was, ahaha~
Vladz0rApr 27, 2014 2:19 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 6:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.