Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2011 9:10 AM

Jun 2009
This is one of the best and very satisfying endings I've seen in an anime. Definitely because it was a really good series all throughout.
Feb 2, 2011 2:08 AM

Sep 2010
Fantastic series. The Edward x Winry scene was so cute.
Mar 31, 2011 10:44 AM

Mar 2010
AH everything was soo peachy in the end it totally killed my usual mood eh

but great anime

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 4, 2011 1:16 PM

Aug 2007
I just finished it. I'm simply blown away, here. For a long time I dismissed this as piss poor because of the awful and quickly paced first 12 or so episodes. But it really did up as soon as the new material showed up, this really does blow the original anime out of the water. I loved how there was a bigger emphasis on the development of several cast instead of just the Elric Brothers and maybe Mustang. Even the most trivial of cast members(I'm talking to you, Yoki) had some say and importance to the show.

This is a shonen series done right. No fillers, no dragging, just straight up action/drama intrigue. FMA is definitely one of the top franchise's to come in the last decade. And I'm glad I got over my problems with the first half and continued, otherwise I would have missed out on an amazing series. My only complaints is that the first anime still had a bit more an emotional punch with Ed and Al's quest to get their bodies back. And the events concerning the Ishbalan Rebellion wasn't covered as much. But those are forgivable.

Even though, I don't think it should be rated number 1. FMA Brotherhood is still required viewing.

Apr 19, 2011 3:10 AM

Mar 2010
cant believe i waited this long to finish this series i really like the first one (since i hadnt read the manga) after watching this i still really like the first series...but this one definitly tops it by ten fold.... but as i usually am with all anime i love.... im really sad to see it end...now what do i do... lol

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Apr 20, 2011 8:58 PM

Feb 2011
What the fuck im gonna see now!

All the series seems like crap after seeing FMA....

Absolutely amazing and mindblowing series.
Apr 23, 2011 3:17 AM

Sep 2008
Not sure what to say about this. Was brilliant and one of the greatest anime I've seen.

Though there were a ton of flaws throughout like Alphonse being pointlessly put in that dark thing with pride even though Hohenheim could've easily just put pride in there by himself. There were sooo many flaws like these where something could've been done a lot better.

Also a lot of shounen-ish moments that make me facepalm like enemies talking about their plans before trying to kill the good guys giving them time to win etc for no reason at all.

10/10 still though.
Apr 23, 2011 5:42 AM

Dec 2009
good 1
next anime
Apr 27, 2011 11:37 AM

Aug 2009
Nice ending. The last 15 episodes were awesome !

8-9/10.
May 24, 2011 1:31 PM

Jul 2009
I really liked the series and the ending was happy. Though for some reason the conclusion didn't end up being as satisfying as I had hoped and can't really put my finger on to why that is.
May 25, 2011 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
This has got to be one of the best series I've ever watched. I'm sad to see it end but that's life.

I loved everything about this series. The characters, the story, the animation, the music, and whatnot were all awesome. I still want to know what happened to the other characters, though. Wait. Grumman became the Führer President? Fffff.

I enjoyed the pictureboard scenes~. HAHAHA Is that Roy with a mustache? <3 And Ed and Winry got kids! Adorable~. Wonder what happened to Al and May. 8)

Ahhh... I want to watch more.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jun 26, 2011 10:51 PM

Oct 2010
most deserving 10 ive ever given. This anime amazed me so much. There was nothing in this Anime which wasnt absolutely Great, especially the ending is one of the best i've seen so far in animes ( probably the best )

9000/10, nothing more to say
Jul 7, 2011 6:36 AM

May 2011
Very good episode...

I saw the ending of all characters and that 'pictures scene' was an amazing stuff! :D

Ed, Al, Mustang, Winry, Armstrong, Greed...fantastic characters.

I could give a 10/10 to this anime if it wasn't too boring from 1-16 and I didn't cry...just 3 scenes almost made it: Hohenheim's death, Winry-Ed-Al's reunion and Winry's and Ed's almost kiss haha...that was too cute :D

8/10 :)
Jul 22, 2011 6:24 PM

Dec 2010
About this last episode... I can't blame what I don't like in Brotherhood on it... it's just the ending of it. Although, Winry's appearance reminded me why I actually watched all the 64 episodes.

1. Characters. +1 - Really, how can I miss point here? Even if I don't like Brotherhood as much as FMA most of the characters had the same characteristics. Although some of theirs' characteristics were sugarcoated and I disliked most of that if not all of it. I dislike the new Scar, most of the new Homunculi, Olivier Armstrong but still there are Winry, Ed and even Greed.
2. Atmosphere. - Not sure if I have to give point here. I won't give any. The atmosphere in FMA was really well done but I didn't feel drawn in the anime most of the time while I was watching Brotherhood.
3. OST. +1 - It was really good. Not every part of it, but some of the OPs and EDs were just amazing. Time to time you could hear perfect background music too.
4. Animation. +1 - If the studio can brag about something considering this anime, it's the animation. It was really well done even considering the latest art styles.
5. Background story. - I wont give point here, I guess. The background story was almost awful compared to FMA. There were interesting bits of it, but none of them were enough for giving point here.
6. Storyline. +1 - Again, I compare it to FMA. Again it's not as good as FMA's storyline. But still there were parts which I really missed in FMA and I found them here. The romance between Ed and Winry. The moment when Winry was face to face with the killer of her parents. These are irreplaceable points I think.
7. Ending. - I'm not giving point here. I just can't like this ending while I know how FMA ended. This was one sugarcoated deus ex machina ending.
8. Fight scenes. +1 - Yeah, this is one of the main point-giving aspects of Brotherhood. This scenes was quite well done. The fight style was good too and probably better than FMA(even though I don't think FMA need any change in this aspect).
9. Drama. - You serious? I can't give point here. Drama is what this anime completely missed. It was such a small dose that I was thinking "Is this show made for seven year old kids?" most of the time I was watching it.
10. Overall feeling. +1 - My overall feeling is... I don't like it compared FMA and there's no really way I could like it as much as FMA. The homunculi story is worse done than FMA. Hohenheim's story is completely worse than before. Winry's parents are killed by someone else. Most of the time... what I'm talking about, I actually watched it because of Winry and Greed. I was feeling like something important was missing in Brotherhood. Still, there were parts which I like more than FMA. Yeah. It's independent anime, after all. So I'm giving point here. I watched worse animes and if I don't compare this one to FMA it's really good.
Bonus(extra) point for:... +1 - What I respect Brotherhood the most for is that Winry had much more appearance than before.. There is finally romance between her and Ed. No, I can't just say I didn't like Brotherhood. I like it and it's because of Winry.

Overall score: 7/10.
Jul 28, 2011 8:55 AM

Oct 2009
I just stayed up all night to finish this show and all I can say is, wow. This show is amazing. It's now my favorite anime of all time. I'm just so sad it's over. ;_; 10/10
Jul 28, 2011 12:05 PM

May 2011
Hotaru reporting in...
i guess i must say that this series will get a 9
from begining to the ending it can plays with the audience emotions very well... nice.. but..
so.... the consclusion is... Happy ever after?
ehh?? just that?
nothing more additional scene? like.. How lin are doin? and... what happen to scar next? '___')a

hmm... waka..rimashen...
Aug 3, 2011 1:27 PM

May 2010
What can I say?
It was the best ending ever!
Winry + Ed happened children!!!!
And they played my favorite opening at the end!!!!!!!!!!
FMA:B Is the best anime I have seen so far!
I'll be sad to see it go! :(
Aug 6, 2011 5:58 AM

Dec 2010
good bye!! thats all I can say...

I'm not crying damn it! I'm not...

*starts crying*
Aug 10, 2011 11:53 PM
Jul 2010
This was one of the best conclusions I've seen in a long time. And one of the best anime as well. It brings the shounen genre to a whole new level and I couldn't help but love it. The story was pretty good, though not absolutely awesome, and the (big) cast of characters was just great. I loved how everyone got their development and was memorable in one way of another, not just the main duo. I just loved everything about this and it easily gets in my Top 5. I'll be rewatching this in a couple of months. 10/10

Oh, not to mention this episode had the best love confession ever xD
Aug 22, 2011 12:48 PM

Mar 2010
One of the greats!
Aug 25, 2011 2:48 PM

May 2010
Ungrateful children, visit your father's grave cmon! Izumi is still screwed with her body.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 28, 2011 2:01 PM
Jan 2011
FMA:B was much better than FMA. I just loved how Ed confessed to Winry, so funny!
I just finished watching it and now I don't know what to watch that is so exiting and funny as FMA:B...
Aug 29, 2011 12:09 PM

Dec 2010
MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE IT WAS REALLY A PART OF MY LIFE!!WE NEED ANIMES LIKE FMAB,CODE GEASS!ED AND LELOUCH ARE THE BEST OF ALL NO DOUBT!
Mim
Aug 30, 2011 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
OMG T^T I just saw the final Episode of FMA:B!!! can't wait to see the movie!!!
I'm glad I saw the ending becuase the original was confusing and I was asking for more. But this Fullmeatl Alchemist :Brotherhood was worth wacthing in my summer.
What I loved about it was no opening (dislike rain sorry) but atleast it ended with Edward and Winry having kids!!!XD so happy for them. (Lucky ass Winry)

True the Scar pary of the episode was ......off but didn't kill the momento!!
I LOVE THIS ANIME AND I WOULD LOVE TO RE-WATCH IT AGAIN WITH MY BROTHER.(he only saw half of the show)
Great job BONES and Aniplex great job on a AWESOME NIME!!!!
Sep 3, 2011 1:15 AM

Jan 2009
Mezziaz said:
I really liked the series and the ending was happy. Though for some reason the conclusion didn't end up being as satisfying as I had hoped and can't really put my finger on to why that is.

YES! That is exactly how I feel. I think my reaction is due to the fact that the Elric brothers are going their separate ways. It feels as if they haven't completely ended the storyline. (And the fact that Al is going to travel with the characters I disliked, the toad and the pig thing).

I mean the ending was just so unconventional... It didn't exactly end, it was basically a discovery of a new journey.. She should have just ended it with Al and Ed arriving back at the house with their bodies back.

It makes me wonder if the manga ended like this as well?
BananaPeelSep 3, 2011 1:19 AM
Sep 3, 2011 2:28 AM

Jun 2009
@ BananaPeel

I haven't actually completed the anime but your discription pretty much fits the ending of the manga.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 3, 2011 2:46 AM

Nov 2010
Took me a while to finally watch this cuz i thought it looked lame from the few mins i saw on adult swim a long time ago. Finally decided to see what all the hype was about and i was not disappointed. the story, characters, and animation were amazing. its only flaws were: The comedy could have been better and I didnt really like the way it ended. I also watched a few mins of the jap audio...terrible. Rie Kugimiya should stick to her loli roles =P

9/10
Hokuto_no_FuzzSep 3, 2011 2:53 AM
Sep 3, 2011 2:14 PM

Jul 2010
Fai said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
- So as we thought it starts with covering the whatever's left of chapter 108.
- No OP, just a title screen.
- Blind Mustang looks....interesting.
- Really loving the music usage so far.
- Scar scene seemed somehow.off...
- NIce to see that they handled Lin-Mei-Ranfan scene as flashback.Its always nice to see just how much Ling changed.
- REALLY loving the music this ep. It has strong epilogue-like feeling. The music manages to make simple scenes, like Winry walking towards the door into most epic things possible.
<cut>
- The roof scene :3 Love the "failed clap". and overview of landscape.
- Selim scene. I just love how Arakawa stuck the the definition of sins and that Pride can never be really killed off because it exists in all humans.
- And Grumman, the old and scary geezer got the fuhrer position.
- Al visiting Hughes wife. And I still can't believe on just how great the music in this episode is.
- EdWin scene :3 Ed's confession is the cutest thing ever XD Winry's reaction almost equals that.
- YEssssss just as I guessed. The final scene is the pictureboard. And here the most epic thing ever ends....And I am sad again...just like when the manga ended :<

Overall this was one of the most epic series of all time, beating the crappy FMA1 thousand times over. Loved how it started, how it went, how it ended.

Sadly the first ~episodes were a bit rushed and Greed arc suffered horribly, not to mention Ishval arc...but everything afterwards was just epic and awesome.

Loved all the characters till the end. FMAB had just so much bigger and deeper cast than FMA1(which focussed only on Ed and Al). Every character, even the fodder soldiers, were memorable and interesting.

Overall I can proudly say that FMA:B is best the shonen genre ever had to offer. And it will not be beat for a long long time. Scratch long. FMA:B will not be beat for till the end of reality.

Man, I wish this was the start yet again and everyone could yet again relive the series form episode 1, gasping at the twists, cheering for characters and pairings, and shaking from atmospheric and awesome scenes.

Overall this anime easily gets 10/10 from me (just as manga).

Goodbye Fullmetal Alchemist. Its so sad to see you end....You will be sorely missed and will always have place in our hearts...

--

P.S. Can't wait for whatever manga Arakawa has planned next.

The confession and all you said above is so what I also wanted to say but I agree with you.Failed clap was funny. Edward confessing his love for Winry the sweetess yet romantic (in alchemy way ever)
Sep 6, 2011 10:20 PM

Nov 2008
kimatg said:

Wow. as I had expected from last week's episode... BEST ENDING EVAR!!!!

So steady-paced, calm... wow, I am totally satisfied. Done. Over. Fin.

Great job to the original author and all the people who participated in the production of the anime.
Thanks for making my sunday evening so exciting every week ^^

PS: Looking forward to the movie, whatever it will be about! :D

I'm too speechless to talk right now. and I have to leave my PC too.
But the quote above has pretty much everything I want to say.

I'LL MISS YOU FMA ; ________ ;
Sep 21, 2011 4:20 PM
Mar 2010
That was an amazing ending for an amazing series.
I really enjoyed fma:brotherhood, even more than i did with fma. Nice to see a proper episode long epilogue to send it off too. Good to see that Winry and Ed actually had a proper scene together! XD
Really glad they did this to the manga. Wonder what the film would be like? I wouldn't be against some continuation in the future, as long as it was as good as this series.
Sep 25, 2011 1:20 AM
Jul 2011
Well now it's over both original JPN airing and adult swim airing wise. This one of the few series I truly felt had a proper ending and closure through and through. Love ever bit of it.
Oct 26, 2011 9:29 PM
Oct 2011
The song that plays when whinrey wakes up and walks to the door does anyone know the name of the song or where I can find it
Nov 4, 2011 4:06 PM

Jan 2008
The track is called "Trisha's Lullaby" and can be found on the first OST.
Nov 4, 2011 8:03 PM

Apr 2011
Splendid adaption, very intriguing.
Nov 6, 2011 5:34 AM
Mar 2011
yes this is great anime, that's really stuck to the manga

now deviating from the plot isn't a bad thing ( i actually enjoyed the first series)
but
the only thing i didn't like was Mustang's ending
mustang in the anime accepted healing because it was beneficial
mustang n the manga accepted healing was because he would have to retire otherwise
it really changed that scene
and i prefer the manga's
if havoc had to retire, why didn't roy
and also, roy recovering from his loss so quickl, it feels forced

however i am very happy that roy mentioned havoc and allowed him to be healed
the philosopher's stone should have more than enough to heal both
as for his facial hair, that's not a big deal (it doesn't look good, but oh well)
Dec 13, 2011 11:17 PM

Jan 2008
Wow... just wow. I love the first series, and was my favorite anime until well I finished this one. The thing is... Brotherhood was sooo good, that to have both the first series and this one with a 10 just doesn't seem to be quite right because Brotherhood was on such a different level. It is so near perfect that no other anime I rate would ever be worth a 10. I don't give out 10's lightly (there are only 8 currently including Brotherhood, one being the First Series as well).

Regardless of my inability to truly show via rating how much I enjoyed this show, on to the things I liked.

Brotherhood did something I don't recall ever seeing in another series. An entire episode dedicated to the falling out. Most series have epic final clash, with about 5 minutes or less of closure. But to dedicate an entire episode it was refreshing and wonderful. The EdxWinry scene was pure gold. Equivalent Exchange!! Needed more RizaxMustang at the end, not nearly as fantastic as the ending scene in FMA1 with those two.

One small thing that bothers me with this episode is the elric brothers say they need to make up for what happened to a girl, presumably Nina the chimera. Unfortunately that part is such a small section in Brotherhood because the first couple arcs are sped through. Nina was hardly ever brought up after that incident until the very ending and "out of the blue" had a major effect on them. If it was so important it should of been given more time in the beginning or at least more time in bits and pieces throughout.

I liked how scar decided not to have a name. I also wanted to see Al eating pie from Mrs. Hughes, since that was supposed to be one of the first things he wanted to do.

Anyways, I'm being nitpicky. Fantastic Episode, Fantastic Series, Fantastic Story... and now I'm fantastically sad that it's over. Thanks for the good times!
Dec 18, 2011 9:56 PM

Aug 2010
Perfect ending to a perfect show.

One of the best endings I've seen in an anime. Time to watch the OVAs
Dec 23, 2011 3:55 PM

Dec 2009
Finished FMA:B for the second time, and it blew me away even more than the first time.

Still have tears running now my face. Emotional girlyness ftw.

Dec 27, 2011 6:43 PM

Dec 2011
FMA:B is such a great anime, and has a awesome end. We were able to know what happened to the characters, not just the mains ones. I loved the couples and Edwards propose was just perfec! The only thing I wished was diferend is that I wanted a little royai, like a kiss... but a can live without it :~
Jan 2, 2012 5:47 PM

Jun 2009
A satisfactory conclusion. Loved the series. But just one little thing irks me. It's not that important but in that last scene...
WHY DIDN'T HE KISS HER GOD DAMN IT!

Yes, it's the oldest cliché in the book. Yes, it was confirmed that they do kiss and make babies. And yes, showing them kissing wouldn't have had much point.
But dammit I was screaming "Kiss her!" It took 64 episodes to get a love scene between them so is a little sugar too much to ask? I just feel that would have been the last touch to really pound in "This is the end."

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 10, 2012 2:05 AM

Apr 2011
Finally finished this AMAZING and AWESOME anime!!
5 months ago I finished the first series of FMA, and it was cool but again something was not right...
Anyway when I heard that there was a new series of FMAB that follows the manga and from the reviews that it received was really amazing!!!
So I decided to see it and....Ok, If I say that from the first episodes I fell in love with the series will you believe me???
AMAZING,AWESOME,EXCELLENT...It had everything!!!
FMAB:This is an anime that I would watch again for sure!!!
<3
Jan 12, 2012 7:36 PM

May 2011
I will never forget... ever.
Jan 15, 2012 1:02 AM
Jan 2012
It was hands down one of the best endings to an anime....BUT WHY DID GREED HAVE TO DIE!?!??!?
Jan 17, 2012 5:46 AM

Jan 2012
I loved the last episode as I loved the entire show. I think they should have elaborated more with Mustang and Hawkeye though. But More than likely my favorite anime. Was quite sad when I finished it.
Jan 22, 2012 5:51 PM
Jul 2008
It was a nice ending to a nice series
Jan 24, 2012 1:41 PM

Nov 2011
Beautiful ending to the series.
Much more satisfying and I mean MUCH more satisfying then the bittersweet ending in the FMA Original. These guys really stuck as close to the manga as they could and it just came out fantastic. Definitely an anime that will always be my number one!

I was saddened that they did not kiss as well at the end but that picture in the credits made up for that EASILY and made me a good 10000% happier.

Certainly one of the few masterpieces out there.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 7, 2012 3:34 PM

May 2008
Right 1 - 13 episodes was truly awful and tried to cram as much storyline as possible messing up the pacing before the divergence between the original FMA anime and Manga FMA anime. I honestly felt that the orignal anime did a better job with Nina and Hughes scenes. But it took a while to get going for me, one thing that REALLY annoyed me were the comedic bits. They were present in the original but they went over board in Brotherhood to begin with espcially after a serious scene only to have someone cracking off a joke, very Shounen compared to the original (not that it matters)

I do like how they stuck with the Manga though, the second half of the show was amazing, from when Al and Ed went north right through to the ending. The ending was PERFECT happy go lucky enough. I also loved the original FMA though that was more of a bittersweet ending.

I loved the manga
I loved the original FMA anime series.
I think Brotherhood is very good.

I didn't like the start and the comedic bits in awkward moments sort of ruined the first half of the show. While the comedic bits lessened and we got to the meat of the story right up to the ending. It was perfect.

8/10 for me.
Feb 8, 2012 3:33 PM

Sep 2010
I liked it but I really wanted Roy Mustand to marry Riza at some point...too bad.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 15, 2012 9:51 AM
Jan 2012
I actually like how the first half was rushed. The creators of Brotherhood took in consideration that many people who watched the original would be really bored by watching the same old series they have seen countless times again.
So when it felt like it was rushing towards episode 16 (i think when original greed dies).
The pace was fast but not too fast but just at a pace that the old and new viewers could both be satisfied with the story telling.
Everything was completely fresh and new for the old viewers.
Feb 15, 2012 12:54 PM
Feb 2012
I LOVED this series, I liked how the pace was quite fast at the beginning taking into account that most of the viewers were coming from FMA.

What I didn't like though, is how after they all part ways in the north, suddenly...Liore, and then Central... Apparently in around 2 to 3 episodes, a good amount of months pass by, to then have 10+ episodes focus on the day of reckoning exclusively.

I would have liked Brotherhood to have more episodes in between the fort briggs arc and the final battle. I found the fast pace more than ok until Hughes death.

Also the ending: just beautiful. Everything was very nicely done, I like long epilogues. On a side note: Ed, did you really need 2 years to confess to Winry? I found that a little bit exagerated. Still, a 100 times better than the shitty ending of FMA and Conqueror of Shamballa.

Again, I wish I could erase my memory and watch the whole series again. I think I found a new all-time favourite. :)
Pages (21) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Sep 14

26 by Mualani »»
Yesterday, 6:47 AM

» Favorite moment // Episode

Salvaged - Sep 16

38 by Mualani »»
Yesterday, 6:42 AM

Poll: » I'm the only one who likes 5th opening more ?

Kishorklr - Sep 11

40 by Gear707 »»
Sep 17, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Apr 26, 2009

453 by Ankibank »»
Sep 15, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - May 3, 2009

252 by chris1763 »»
Sep 15, 1:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.