Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jan 22, 2018 12:28 PM

Jul 2015
AMVs can be cool, but 99% are trash made by edgy teens on Windows Movie Maker with Linkin Park or Three Days Grace playing.
Jan 22, 2018 12:30 PM

Jun 2012
Killaclown said:
probably, but i already count them out if its a linkin park song....like for fuck sake that was an annoying trend, that alone has kept me away from AMV's for years now

PsychoticDave said:
AMVs can be cool, but 99% are trash made by edgy teens on Windows Movie Maker with Linkin Park or Three Days Grace playing.

Need to say no more. I've come across a few well done AMVs but it's less than a handful...
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Jan 22, 2018 12:35 PM

Jun 2011
pgmhecateii said:
I only hate them when the music is in English. It sounds so horrible when it is. Otherwise, I'm fine with them. I only watch the ones with 4M+ views anyway.

That one AMV, called "You can be king again" has awful music, but otherwise it would've been a decent one.

Oh, and hello, OP from almost a decade back. :3
so much english hate from you lol (word limit)
Jan 22, 2018 12:48 PM

Jun 2011
pgmhecateii said:
Killaclown said:
so much english hate from you lol (word limit)

Lol, yeah, and you can assume I'm not American.

But you know, English just doesn't go well with anime :p

Also, part of it may be because a lot of Americans are so damn obnoxious, and I've hated hearing them open their loud mouths.
show me on this doll where the American man touched you.

depends on the anime, even the originals use english or english music at times (though the engrish can be pretty off putting)
Jan 22, 2018 1:11 PM

Mar 2016
I don't mind them, but I don't go out of my way to watch them.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jan 22, 2018 1:24 PM

Jun 2011
pgmhecateii said:
Killaclown said:
show me on this doll where the American man touched you.

depends on the anime, even the originals use english or english music at times (though the engrish can be pretty off putting)

I kinda liked Baccano's op, I felt like it was kind of western sounding, but that's cause it had a nice tune with no words.

Okay, forgive me on this one, I'm not sure what you mean by your first sentence. I'll elaborate: When kids grow up, they're extremely annoying and well, obviously they cuss all the time...I'm not sure what other countries are like (including the country of my nationality), but it's really irritating to someone like me who likes quiet environments.
i tend to skip OP's so i dont know too many but from last season one i really liked was inuyashiki's which was mostly english

eh its that you seemed to have some undeserved hatred so i made a "where did the bad man touch you" joke
Jan 22, 2018 1:28 PM

Nov 2017
I absolutely LOVE AMVs. Of course, not the badly edited ones.

-Examples of good AMVs from Naruto Shippuden-

-Attack On Titan- ( not all AMVs need to be flashy and all. Just being in sync with the music and having the right scenes show up, depending on the lyrics of the song, can make an AMV very good, in my opinion )

_KorinaJan 22, 2018 1:33 PM
おかえりなさい

Jan 22, 2018 4:15 PM

Nov 2015
So there's a surprising amount of hate towards AMVs... I suppose it's understandable, I have a lot of interest in them so I tend to watch a lot on my free time, meaning I find a lot of the more popular ones that... suck. Really really suck. Excuse me, *Cracks knuckles and pushes up glasses* note: id never ever crack my knuckes because im a little bitch and i also dont wear glasses for I'm more than just a bit obsessed with these.

The AMVs that are worth it, have a lot of technique behind it and are tedious to make. I've yet to make a full song AMV because it takes too much time and a lot of trial and error. I've stuck with shorter edits and since last year I've been slowly but surely working my way up to longer edits. I'm hoping to attempt a good AMV soon. There's also things like difficulty with quality... which is to put it nicely... a bitch at most times to deal with. Because of how time consuming 10 seconds of good quality editing is, the best video edits are MEPs, which stands for multiple editors project. Now those... those are beautiful (Most of the time as long as the people hosting the MEP know what they're doing and find capable editors.)

Well, I can say that I'm absolutely obsessed with video editing so I'm just gonna put some good examples and well made AMVs/MEPs below. As an editor, I can really appreciate the technique put into them.

i hope i enlightened some of you somewhat or not i guess that's cool too
Feb 2, 2018 9:05 PM

Jul 2012
pgmhecateii said:

But you know, English just doesn't go well with anime :p

this man said it
the song inserted into the amv didn't go well, most of it. so it's sucks
Aug 29, 2019 6:12 AM
Aug 2019
You are not alone man,I hate them too.
Aug 29, 2019 6:21 AM

Jun 2014
I've never had any interest in AMVs. I didn't watch them in the early 2000s, and I still don't.

I honestly don't see the point of watching them.

Aug 29, 2019 6:57 AM

Feb 2019
I usually enjoy them if they're actually done well.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Aug 31, 2019 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Depends on the song and anime, if edgy shit is used like linkin park or certain xxxtentacion songs then that's just emo trash. But if an anime is used like Darling in the Franxx then it's also edgy shit.
removed-userAug 31, 2019 12:35 PM
Feb 14, 2020 7:45 PM
Feb 2020
I just wanna watch the duel or fight that I looked up without hearing breaking Benjamin or Linkin Park in the background is that really to much to ask. I don't want amv gone but I wish people would stop flooding the same kind of amv out all over.
Feb 14, 2020 10:57 PM

Dec 2018
My fucking god thank you for creating this thread. AMV makes the combination of IceJJFish and Neil Breen a fucking magnum opus. Literal cancer, just like Nightcore, but I honestly endure Nightcore much better. The swirling and high fps animation and edgy deep ass-thrusting music are just revolting. Hardly does a watchable AMV even exist.
. . .
Feb 15, 2020 8:24 AM

Mar 2019
AMV's are awesome, I used to watch Ash x May AMV's back in the day, and I have no shame in admitting that
Mar 6, 2020 9:42 AM

Jul 2011
Don't particulary hate them but I just don't watch them anymore.

Jan 19, 2021 9:37 PM
Jun 2016
I come from 10 years in the future. To tell you you're wrong. Ok yes quality of AMVs in general was a lot worse back in the day but even then there were some really Steller edits you just had to look for them.

That said even modern day there are no doubt tons of super trashy AMVs with literally no skill just music and random clips not even synced well. There is a large portion of the anime community that see these trash edits and act like there the best thing ever. It's shocking how many crappy edits have millions of views and positive comments.

That said there are also a TON of exceptional AMVs that are exceptionally well synced and have tons of effects and transitions to make the video amazing. Also yeah there are certain songs that have lots of amvs made of them but there is also a ton of amvs using different music. It's not just Linkin Park

Here's a few truly exceptional amvs.
MatteCrystalJan 19, 2021 9:42 PM
Jan 19, 2021 9:51 PM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Wow, this is an old topic. I have to say AMVs have come a long way since 2009 when this topic was made, but no, I don't hate AMV, I actually do competitive AMVs myself. AMV nowadays is so much more than just adding clips on top of music. With really good ones there's hundreds of hours of working editing with crazy editing programmes.

Sure the crappy ones exist, but a lot of people learn really fast how to make good ones.
Jan 19, 2021 9:56 PM

Jul 2020
I dislike AMVs. However, I don’t really hate the propels who produce them. They are using their heart to make a compilation about an anime they enjoy, so I just smile at that and move on.
Jan 19, 2021 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
Bloomberry said:
I dislike AMVs. However, I don’t really hate the propels who produce them. They are using their heart to make a compilation about an anime they enjoy, so I just smile at that and move on.

I agree. I'm not against AMVs. But they can potentially spoil a show that you plan on watching. So I usually watch AMVs for shows I completed.
For example, the Youtube user (BerryNaeNae) uses a lot of clips from the anime for her Shugo Chara!, La Corda D' Oro, and other AMVs. There's a lot of spoilers.

I have Discord friends I hang around with a lot. They do youtube video rankings for anime OPs and EDs.
Jan 20, 2021 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
yep. amvs are kinda shit. i've seen a few good cool ones but I just couldn't care less about them. the music people use is also meh.
Jan 20, 2021 12:29 AM

May 2020
I don't watch many AMVs but I think they are good imo
Jan 20, 2021 1:46 AM

Sep 2020
yeah i kinda agree. qdmittedly i haven't watched many but from the few I have seen, it's just put a popular song over anime clips that look cool. There are some that I genuinely think are really good, they never include "AMV" in the title or add some weird shit font to make it look cool. The good videos usually just have the music artist's name and the song's name, nice and simple.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» What is one thing you miss about being a kid?

Yuno - 10 hours ago

21 by StrawberryBlxxd »»
1 minute ago

» I can't enjoy my interests as much as I did in the past, please help?

StrawberryBlxxd - 6 minutes ago

0 by StrawberryBlxxd »»
6 minutes ago

» You get teleported to the year 2077. Which body mods do you get first?

Commit_Crime - 7 hours ago

20 by LoveYourSmile »»
1 hour ago

» why is suicide seen as a bad thing ( 1 2 )

Rye_the_Guy - Sep 14

70 by Quadruple_Oi »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » What is your favorite condiment to put on a sandwich/burger?

TheBlockernator - Feb 12, 2022

32 by GinInYourJuice »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.