Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 7, 2013 11:22 PM
Aug 2012
Lulexiaa said:
Still praying everyday for a third season ;-;

All these possibilities of them saying "In the Queen match" and Arata saying in past episodes, if he wins this he will go to college in Tokyo!

If you notice, this whole season, THE ENTIRE TIME GAP OF 20+ EPISODES was basically a MONTH (at most) .. For god sakes the team tournament that was like 10 episodes long was only a day! At least last season they were able to complete 1 full year.

Overall though, Still so much I want to get done! Still so much I want to see happen! ; __;
I know in the end theres always the manga, but its not the same..

Please anime director/people that are in charge... Please give me a third season! T ^ T

In my craziest dreams... Each episode is the title of its own Karuta card.. this season + last season = 50 episodes = 50 cards...
There are 100 total cards... Its my craziest fantasy if there was 100 episodes for all the cards...

But thats just a dream ; u ;...

I really want to see Chihaya becoming the queen...They have to continue the seasons until she does it..Love u Chihaya chan <3<3<3
Jun 8, 2013 12:21 AM
Apr 2013
Damn that injury!:(
Only three episodes left...what dah hell.
Jun 8, 2013 1:12 AM
May 2013
I read the manga, and yes there are plenty of chapters already enough for season 3 and even season 4.

Sumire!! lol!

I hate when the queen smiles, she is arrogant. one day, some day chihaya will take her crown lol
Jun 8, 2013 1:28 AM

Nov 2012
Shinobu what happened to "I'm not going to let her take a single card next time!". You almost completely forgot her, lol.

Jun 8, 2013 2:46 AM

Mar 2012
Imanza said:
Very interesting finish to Season 2, with Taichi's class B finals match and the class A finals between Arata and Shinobu. Having read the manga I already know how both matches will pan out, but I'm still very much looking forward to seeing everything animated. The only thing that gets me down a bit is that there isn't enough material from the manga to make a Season 3 at the moment, so the wait could be rather long for us...still, it's been a pretty solid season overall despite the pace being slower than in Season 1. It's been a wonderful journey seeing the second years evolve, and it seems the first years are improving in leaps and bounds these last few episodes as well, which is very satisfying to see.

No sweat. Considering how seasonal anime work and how "slow" paced Chihayafuru is, I'm sure the manga can get far enough ahead for a 3rd season within due time.
Jun 8, 2013 3:17 AM
Aug 2012
I'm really glad they didn't drag out the match between Chihaya and Shinobu. That scenes after the match were better than the match itself though. Shinobu actually got motivated by someone other than Arata!

Sumire... If you only ever play against talented people, of course you will get better quickly lol. I'm proud of her for making it so far. It would be nice if she could steal Taichi's heart. He looks so freaking intense playing good ol delusional Retro. I really want to see him win the final match!
Jun 8, 2013 5:14 AM

Sep 2011
OMG they finally showed the other players. Good Job Sumire and Tsukuba! Taichi, please win your match. Get into class A and join tournaments with Chihaya.
pew pew pew
Jun 8, 2013 6:17 AM
Feb 2013
So Chihaya lost to the Queen, so I wonder where will the remaining episodes of this anime go to.
Jun 8, 2013 6:30 AM

Oct 2009
Poor Chihaya with her injury... I was so curious how much she progressed since the last year and now she can't show it.
Taiichi is really determined he must move up to Class A at least.
It seems the creators will finish the individual matches until the end of the season, I wish it could last longer.
Jun 8, 2013 7:25 AM
Oct 2007
Shinobu's power level is to much. Chihaya trained at 100x gravity, but was still crushed by Shinobu's over 9000 Karuta power level. I love how this show gives you glimmers of hope and then crushes them right after
Jun 8, 2013 7:47 AM

Nov 2007
Imanza said:
there isn't enough material from the manga to make a Season 3 at the moment, so the wait could be rather long for us...

Of course there is =/. There's 2 major tournaments+all that non-tournament stuff which could easily take a few eps, and by the time the anime would air/catch up I'm sure the upcoming tournament would finish + then some. That's quite a lot.
Jun 8, 2013 7:59 AM

Aug 2011
GO TAICHI GOOOOOO :'D xxx
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Jun 8, 2013 8:25 AM

May 2010
LOLOLOL at the T-Shirt scene. Check out my limited edition shit, bitch! XDDDD

Oh Taichi, finally. ♥
Jun 8, 2013 8:28 AM

Jul 2011
goblinlady said:
Imanza said:
there isn't enough material from the manga to make a Season 3 at the moment, so the wait could be rather long for us...

Of course there is =/. There's 2 major tournaments+all that non-tournament stuff which could easily take a few eps, and by the time the anime would air/catch up I'm sure the upcoming tournament would finish + then some. That's quite a lot.

I really hope so, and they can do the same thing with this season, add filler parts, recap episodes (though I hate them) and the 3rd season is done!

Anyway another great episode. Shinobu had no mercy against Chihaya and I liked it, she is used to playing seriously against everyone. Now Arata x Shinobu please!!

5/5

The fangirls/boys are so annoying...f*** god
Jun 8, 2013 11:11 AM

Apr 2012
welll... that went by wayyy too fast.

next episode GO TAICHI!!!
Jun 8, 2013 11:32 AM

Jan 2010
Ncrdrg said:
About the possibility for a S3, I have to say there isn't enough material for the moment. S1 covered roughly 49 chapters, S2 looks to be covering 43 chapters. That would make give roughly 20 chapters of material for a 3rd season. So I don't think we'll be seeing talk of a 3rd season for at least a year.

That wouldn't be so bad. There were five seasons between the beginnings of season one and two. If it could start any time in 2014, it would definitely be worth the reasonable wait.

The other thing I wish for is that they licensed this so you could buy it over here for a reasonable price. Last time I looked, it was 9 volumes for about $480 and that's just one season. At that price, it would need to be delivered by a Sakurazawa-sensei cosplayer. Plus at nine packages per season, you'd need a whole bookshelf just for this show.
Jun 8, 2013 1:21 PM

Jan 2012
chihaya gone wild!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 8, 2013 6:29 PM
Jan 2010
gypsysong said:
It would be nice if she could steal Taichi's heart.

Yes!! So Chihaya can end up with Arata 8D. at least, that's what I'm some what hoping for..

I'm predicting that the season will end when
Jun 8, 2013 9:44 PM

Jun 2012
Taichi <3333
He looked so cool at the end.

And dam. Shinobu... I look forward to the queen match!
And i cannot wait till the Arata and Shinobu match!
Jun 8, 2013 10:55 PM

Mar 2012
God, I love Shinobu. The build-up we got for her character from the team tournament episodes have finally been put to good use.

Yes, I see a Taichi episode coming! I was really looking forward to the individual tournament to see what kind of development we'd get for him, since it was pretty much guaranteed from the start that Chihaya wasn't going to win the individuals. But still, this episode was fantastic even knowing the giant discrepancy between Chihaya and Shinobu's ability levels going into it.
Jun 9, 2013 2:42 AM

Sep 2012
Mockman said:
Ncrdrg said:
About the possibility for a S3, I have to say there isn't enough material for the moment. S1 covered roughly 49 chapters, S2 looks to be covering 43 chapters. That would make give roughly 20 chapters of material for a 3rd season. So I don't think we'll be seeing talk of a 3rd season for at least a year.

That wouldn't be so bad. There were five seasons between the beginnings of season one and two. If it could start any time in 2014, it would definitely be worth the reasonable wait.

The other thing I wish for is that they licensed this so you could buy it over here for a reasonable price. Last time I looked, it was 9 volumes for about $480 and that's just one season. At that price, it would need to be delivered by a Sakurazawa-sensei cosplayer. Plus at nine packages per season, you'd need a whole bookshelf just for this show.

Going by books, we are almost at the end of volume 16. I suspect we'll get through volume 17 in the last 3 episodes. That leaves only 18-20 right now for next season which isn't enough. Even by next winter there will only be up to 23 which would be a little short unless they decide to flash back and use the two light novels as material for some reason. Or make it one cour. Or really stretch some matches out even more than they have done so far.

It is not $480! Not at all. In season two it is being released as two boxed sets. The first one was $140 at amazon.co.jp! Second one should be the same so $280 total. Even the first season was not that expensive at amazon.co.jp. Season 2 boxed set 1:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00BMJAXUA
I have it, awesome! Delivered by DHL sorry...

Oh and for people who want the OST, it is great! Bought it ages ago:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00B16DQ94
Jun 9, 2013 3:20 AM

Jul 2009
fucking amazing episode!!!!

we really learned alot about Shinobu's past, and why she hates being associated with other people and so.

Shinobu vs Chihaya let's go!!!

was really surprise when Chihaya showed her tank top!!

and Za Queen's reaction was even more priceles XD

it was a bad mistake of Za Queen underestimating Chihaya just because she has an injured hand.

good thing she didn't hold back despite the circumstances

Intense Match!!!!

Chihaya refuses to give up!!

Za Queen is surprise of her determination to fight till the end!

OH NO!!!!!! Chihaya injures her finger once more!!!

poor her T__T

the match continues!!!

it's finally over :(

Za Queen won like 23 cards

Chihaya only gotten 2 cards :(

Za Queen going back the usual routine

Chihaya appears!!!!

let's play again Za Queen!!!

guess Chihaya reminded Za Queen about Satoko-chan, her one and only friend at the karuta academy

lol Za Queen praying that she never loses any card to Chihaya once more!!!

such a perfectionist :)

poor sumire chan couldn't get passed round 3 :O

you were almost there!!!

will Taichi finally be able to make Class A!!!!!

with his unluckiness and all, i still hope he could pull a miracle like he did in the match with Sakurazawa!

it's pretty obvious the last 3 episodes will revolve around Arata vs Wakamiya Shinobu.

Future Master vs Current Za Queen :)

i do want a season 3!!!!!!!

i want to see another rematch between Za Queen and Chihaya, no more injuries this time and both are at maximum level.

more romance scenes, Taichi finally making a move? Arata confessing as well?

come on we want Season 3 Madhouse!!!!!!

one of my favorite anime's of the year 2013!!!!!

don't let me down and i want more Chihaya!!!!!!!!
Jun 9, 2013 8:48 AM
Jan 2012
Aw, well I guess I didn't expect Chihaya to win her match... Chihaya and Shinobu look like they'll become good friends^^

Taichi! You better win this and make it to Class A finally!
Jun 9, 2013 11:38 AM
Mar 2012
Great episode. good to see that Chihaya was shown her place; as much as I like her, she's not yet Queen-material.
I hope we'll see Taichi's win in Class B next episode!
Jun 9, 2013 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
mapodoufu said:
What chapter is this episode in the manga?
The episodes are not quite chapter aligned, done half of 88.
hpulleyJun 9, 2013 4:49 PM
Jun 10, 2013 3:39 AM

May 2010
Well,Ayase lost as expected. She let her take cards???Now should I call it kind of her or looking down....
Jun 10, 2013 4:02 AM

Nov 2009
Phew, I've finally catched up ! : )
this was a fantastic ride so far, this may turn out to be my favorite anime series of all time
it suits me very well as a person, I think...
very gentle series, crafted carefully with love and emotion and pride ! it speaks for it's creators
Shinobu chan is my favorite character
come on we want s3 pleeeease !
Jun 10, 2013 7:32 AM

Aug 2010
Woah, that scene with Shinobu and Chihaya touched my heart ;_; specially when Shinobu asked when they would play again ;__; </3 I want them to become friends.
AND YOU CAN DO IT TAICHIIII <3
Jun 10, 2013 7:57 AM

Jul 2012
UGH I CRIED A LOT LIKE USUAL EVEN WHEN SHE TOOK OFF HER BANDAGES. I WILL ALWAYS EXPECT TO CRY TO THIS SHOW, AT ANY EPISODE.

Tsukuba's such a lonely kid man. He even took a selfie XD Why doesn't Sumire just pair up with him? LOL

Oh god the last scene. Taichi what a badass. His karuta playing is so sexy.
Jun 10, 2013 8:20 AM

Sep 2012
mayukachan said:
Tsukuba's such a lonely kid man. He even took a selfie XD Why doesn't Sumire just pair up with him? LOL

Oh god the last scene. Taichi what a badass. His karuta playing is so sexy.
Sumire joined Karuta club because of Taichi so I don't think she'd settle for poor Tsukuba... Sumire is still totally hot for Taichi while even Chihaya finally showed some interest the other episode while he was asleep in the guys change room. Was hoping she'd kiss him but it was not to be... she still seems much more gaga for Arata.
Jun 10, 2013 10:42 AM

Apr 2011
I expected Chihaya to lose this match against Shinobu. But this doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the episode, and all the effort Chihaya put along with a glimpse in Shinobu's childhood.

I think her hand is getting worse :/

Yeah, a Taichi episode next week!!! I can't wait.
Jun 11, 2013 11:03 PM

Oct 2012
as i expected there's no way chihaya could win with that handicap.... -_-

Jun 14, 2013 8:33 PM
Nov 2011
saw this loss coming. chihiya will beat her in the queens match maybe next year?
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jun 14, 2013 9:45 PM

Jan 2010
Mockman said:

hpulley said:
Going by books, we are almost at the end of volume 16. I suspect we'll get through volume 17 in the last 3 episodes. That leaves only 18-20 right now for next season which isn't enough. Even by next winter there will only be up to 23 which would be a little short unless they decide to flash back and use the two light novels as material for some reason. Or make it one cour. Or really stretch some matches out even more than they have done so far.

It is not $480! Not at all. In season two it is being released as two boxed sets. The first one was $140 at amazon.co.jp! Second one should be the same so $280 total. Even the first season was not that expensive at amazon.co.jp. Season 2 boxed set 1:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00BMJAXUA
I have it, awesome! Delivered by DHL sorry...

I'm never one to count books so I have no clue whether they have enough content for a third season. But I get the impression that there is some commitment to producing this story, which is why we got a season two. While it has a pretty good place to end at, there is still more story to tell. Will Chihaya be satisfied and put karuta aside to attend to Taichi? Not likely soon. And the three years of high school playing make a great space for three seasons. If it takes another year, or 18 months to get there, so be it.

As to the disks, the box set must be relatively new. I had done some searching back in January and found this. I'd rather have season 1 before season 2.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search3.html?r=any&exact=&q=chihayafuru+vol&order=score&media=blu-ray&step=20

Each volume (out of nine) go for ¥4800/$50.13. That works out to about $450 now. The yen has dropped a bit since then – looks like 6-7%. It was $53.13 per volume then. But the pricing you mention is almost reasonable although to be honest, I'd rather pay something like $125 for the whole season, i.e. $5 per episode. I'd buy both seasons at that price without hesitation.

I'm partial to buying from local stores though and haven't seen this show anywhere nearby. Of course, retailers aren't very good at selling anime. The biggest HMV store here has a crappy blu-ray selection and the others have worse. I've seen a couple of other stores that sell anime but they basically hide them on the wall behind the counter. Even if you can see one you're interested in, you can't see the price. Combine that with the sullen staff who typically work there and it adds up to a no sale. I don't know why they even bother keeping them around when they're going to present them in such a manner.
Jun 15, 2013 6:24 AM

Sep 2012
Great luck for you! A season 1 bundle is about to be released for under 30000 yen! That's around $300 now.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00DCOBY5G

Still not the $125 you hope to spend but that's not how import anime is priced. Japanese anime is priced to fund the show if they sell enough discs since there is no advertising worth much when the shows air. Chihayafuru airs just before 2am competing against some very silly late night programming in Japan so the show is an ad for the anime itself so the anime has to pay for itself. Per episode cost of around $100000 means that $125 for 25 episodes just won't pay for it.

North American releases are cheaper as they are in addition to the money they make in Japan and they don't expect much from it. People generally aren't willing to pay $300 for a season here though Aniplex of America stuff is pretty much the same as in Japan. Honestly $300 for Chihayafuru isn't bad, $280 for season 2 is even better as most 2-cour shows are much more.
hpulleyJun 15, 2013 6:30 AM
Jun 15, 2013 7:45 AM

Jul 2009
OH MY GOD SUCH A GOOD EPISODE *_* I actually really like how Shinobu won ... I mean no way could Chihaya win, especially injured! Wow, she's as good as ever :O I think the chances for her going up against Arata for the finals are looking pretty high especially at the beginning when they showed him also getting many cards. Also, I guess I never noticed she was left handed ... lol OTL
Wow though those glimpses of her childhood ... destroying that guy who was so much older after "losing" to her friend D; I'm really interested by when she said that her coach was always right ... and then Chihaya grabbed her and they're going to play again at the Queen match?! Seems like she certainly hasn't lost her motivation ... haha "I let her take 2 cards and she was injured!" :P
Poor Sumire ... it's OK, don't worry you've just begun! :P Ah, looks like Taichi's winning his match though ... so he'll probably be in the finals! Oh Taichi ... those worried looks ... I can't help it, I'm worried too! >_<
Jun 19, 2013 4:03 PM
Apr 2013
Nice Episode, Arata was so Cool!!!
Jun 22, 2013 4:31 PM

Sep 2011
Yup, I hope no one actually expected Chihaya to win while being injured. She already had an extremely low chance even when shes not injured.

And they should let Shinobu see her childhood "rival" again one day. D:
Jul 3, 2013 11:44 AM

May 2012
Although I highly doubt it but still wish for it that Chihaya will rematch shinobu on the queen match... I do wonder who'll win Taichi or Retro! So lets see what's next.
Jul 23, 2013 9:41 AM

Sep 2009
ugh.. now I'm so disappointed! :'(
Chihaya lose again.. gaaaaaa!!!!
Aug 11, 2013 5:57 PM

Sep 2012
Yep, we all know that Chihaya still no match to the queen plus she is injured.

Taichi...., Taichi..., Taichi..., well i don't care.
Aug 31, 2013 2:27 PM

Feb 2010
Shinobu is so OP! Amazing!
Dec 30, 2013 11:14 PM
Aug 2011
omg little Shinobu was sooooooooooooooooo cute <33333333333

Makuro said:
Taichi...., Taichi..., Taichi..., well i don't care.

I care.
May 24, 2014 4:22 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Chihaya is once again crushed by Shinobu, but at least Chihaya took 2 cards. Still, one day you'll beat her. She was too injured to focus on her karuta, and Shinobu was just too good for her to lose.

LOL at Tsukuba's selfie.

May 26, 2014 5:04 PM

Dec 2013
Retro-kun almost won :(
Jun 8, 2014 5:00 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Good episode, not the epic story during the game, but if analyzed carefully, you will understand the cruelty that is in the choices of life.
Chihaya dates, but Shinobu remains the strongest under many points of view.
Really hilarious scene where Chihaya goes back on the Queen, thanks to Mammy Bear T-shirt! XD
The clash between the two girls manage to be interesting, but the first time was really exciting. disappointed that there has not been shown anything other clashes.
The anime series is reconfirmed increasingly Shinobu centric.
Now is the time to Taichi and naphthalene, the clash seems very tight.
Drawings and animations discrete OST really suited to situations.
Final part with Shinobu and Chiahaya really sweet!
Oct 18, 2014 2:35 AM

Mar 2013
Dat shirt conversation aaaaah.

I hope Taichi will finally win :o
Feb 11, 2015 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
That scene with Chihaya and Shinobu after their match was so nice I teared up :33
Season 2 too strong on da feelz.
Nov 8, 2015 2:48 PM

Sep 2013
As usual an unnecessary, cliche injury ruined yet another game in this anime.

Always something. Almost 50 episodes in and always some dumb shit happens....

Choking? Yea, ok, that builds character, but this injury is just stupid. Two seasons and Chihaya had almost no cool games...
Nov 11, 2015 9:09 AM
May 2015
Shinbou episode! Shinbou character is a true gem. Little Shinbou! Kawaiii!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

182 by pendr4gonz »»
Sep 17, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Jun 28, 2013

362 by Spyral_Grayson »»
Jul 20, 1:19 AM

» New season

DonCaLiChAn - Jul 4

12 by shahriarm10 »»
Jul 10, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.