Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 3, 2021 5:11 PM

Sep 2020
At first I thought Irina was going to be a cool and silent beauty but once she started talking I was pleasantly surprised by her numerous biting remarks.
Also, she reminds me a little of Demi-chan wa Kataritai's Hikari, dispelling vampire preconceptions and whatnot.
Oct 3, 2021 5:51 PM

Nov 2011
God damn the animation is fucking clean and I am a SIMP for Irina. Can't wait for more of this.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 3, 2021 6:10 PM

Jun 2019
Show itself is fine. I quite like Irina.

That OP, though. That part with the rocket staging, then the capsule separating, then the door opening and the coffin coming out, and then Irina just flinging out of the coffin absolutely killed me.

All in all, definitely something I'll at least watch a few more episodes of. I do like the Space Race setting, and the main characters seem pretty good.
Oct 3, 2021 6:18 PM

Jul 2017
The episode itself isnt that bad and the concept is fairly different enough to give the series a chance, but hearing an ALI PROJECT opening in 2021 is tragic. I get that it fits the gothic vibe of this series considering vampires are a part of this series in a unique manner, but ALI PROJECT's songs really get on my nerves for how annoying and over-the-top the vocals and general songs sound, whether its for an anime in the early 00s like Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom or Code Geass in the mid 00s, or for an anime nowadays in 2021. Can just never like their music.
Oct 3, 2021 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
an anime with an interesting proposal is these dogs were sad the way he died other than this anime until it's interesting.
Oct 3, 2021 7:17 PM

Jun 2019
Seems like it should be ok. It has the makings of an enjoyable feel-good show, but I don’t see it making that much of an impact. The essence of the situation is nothing we haven’t seen before. Boy is stuck in a situation where he has to be around a girl that not like him/males/humans. The animation could be a bit more lively in some parts too. All in all, barring any setbacks, I should be able to watch this to the end.
Oct 3, 2021 7:33 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
I liked this more than I expected. I'm a fan of the dynamics between the two so far and the premise with the space + vampires isn't one I've seen before

hopefully it won't go downhill

Oct 3, 2021 7:41 PM

Apr 2008
Using vampires so your propaganda can say the first human spaceflight was perfect is a very real feeling sort of absurd. I like that, but I'm not a fan of the romance this seems to be pushing. Also always get annoyed by sticking vampire on whatever set of traits you feel like. It's a good thing she can handle the sun given they're sending her into space, but you could as easily call her a long toothed elf as a vampire.
Oct 3, 2021 9:03 PM
Jun 2017
A pretty good foodservice.
Anyway, this has get me hooked up.
Oct 3, 2021 9:12 PM
Aug 2019
camera work, animation really good and ed give chill vibe like yuru camp
Oct 3, 2021 9:29 PM
Aug 2019
This seems interesting. I liked Irina and Anya, their designs are great! And both have really good seiyuus, Megumi Hayashibara and Hino Kina... Also, i like the opening, it really reminds me of old animes. The ED is quite relaxing
Oct 4, 2021 12:55 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
those ANIME EYES though (... and tongue graphics.... LOL)

Unique setting and premise but you got a sort-of typical love story going on, but it's one that I like so it has my attention.

It's funny how they have to chain her up at first, but later she can pretty much walk around freely with the dude's supervision. But hey I don't care because Irina is already a high-tier waifu

EDIT: and dang the ed just gives chill vibes. Training to go to the moon isn't exactly a chill premise, but I think we're still in for an overall chill/fun/light-hearted-type anime. Until the end at least where I'm 90% sure that they're going to be separated somehow
BetaMaleUltraOct 4, 2021 1:01 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 4, 2021 2:08 AM

Oct 2016
That was a pretty good start! I enjoyed it, really promising and an interesting premise. Space vampire with possible romance, I am sold lmao. Liking Lev and Irina already. Looking forward to some space vampire training.
Oct 4, 2021 2:54 AM

Jun 2019
Guy is a chad, looks like gonna be a masterpiece anime
Oct 4, 2021 3:16 AM

Jun 2019
One thing I really love is the setting. Faux-Soviet Union accurate to the details of the late 1950s and early 1960s space race and closed cities obscured from the public run by governmental authorities as research zones with all life in the city directed toward that single purpose, like military bases which are off the grid black sites.

The alternate history/fictional history component and corresponding aesthetic is what hooked me, but a vampire eating caviar and borscht was an equal highlight.

I feel like the setting is already victorious in creating that distinctive atmosphere from episode one and now it will be up to the plot and characters. The plot also already seems to have massive potential. I think the hardest thing will be to see if they end up properly utilizing these characters and if they exceed their archetypes the audience would expect from them. Like, jaded and defensive tsundere vampire. That's fine. But now go further and show us many sides over the course of the series; if both characters do things and act in ways you may not initially expect, it could be a new gem.

Has an interesting mixture of vibes between cozy and bleak so far.

And of course, the potential for interspecies or otherwise transgressive romance, which is always a main draw for me.
WatchTillTandavaOct 4, 2021 3:23 AM
Oct 4, 2021 3:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really looks interesting for the spacial conquest with a vampire girl, she seems to hate human but I'm sure she'll learn to like them especially the MC
Oct 4, 2021 4:01 AM

Feb 2019
I'd quite like to take a moment to just praise the attention to detail to the actual events of the Space Race. Everything that has been shown so far, bar the names and presence of vampires, has been historically spot-on. The appearance of the rockets, "Maly's" cause of death and the cover-up thereof, the Hidden Cities, it's all very well researched. I'm quite interested in seeing what else will be shown, both on the UZSR and UK sides. I'm expecting up to something Vostok I-adjacent, based on the given timeline.
O_T_TOct 4, 2021 4:33 AM
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 4, 2021 4:15 AM

Nov 2013
Alternative USSR and USA are funny.

Didn't expect vampires to be abused and treated like objects though...

ED was good.

Good start for the series.
Oct 4, 2021 5:59 AM

Jun 2016
Our main boy Lev has his work cut out for him, having to train and keep constant track of the vampire Irina, alongside also scheduling his life around her, right down to copying her sleep pattern. Poor soul.

Can't say I'm surprised by the historical events and the numerous references that the show is based upon. I am, however, surprised by the twist on the myths of vampires. It comes off as strange given, in the shows own world-building, people are wary of vampires but seem to know absolutely nothing about them.

I felt strangely uncomfortable during the meal scene, and I have no clue as to why.

Oct 4, 2021 7:50 AM
Jan 2021
Poor Laika (Maly)
:'(
Oct 4, 2021 8:19 AM
Jan 2020
I am I N T R I G U E D ! I thought the premise sounded silly, but this is hitting all the right notes for me so far.
Oct 4, 2021 8:34 AM

Jul 2021
solid first epsiode, enjoyed it alot. I love the animation, especially on the vampire's eyes. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 4, 2021 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
Did I miss something?

The higher-ups ask him to keep her vampire existence a secret and only ask him to bring her to eat.

Why the fuck does he introduced her as vampire to everyone?

Then what is the point of keeping her a secret?

And why the fuck her vampire existence a secret and yet no one surprise vampire is actually exist?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 4, 2021 9:21 AM
Jul 2019
irina.. i love her already
Oct 4, 2021 10:01 AM
Dec 2019
I endorse vampires going to the moon with the soviets support.
Oct 4, 2021 11:30 AM

Jun 2021
WatchTillTandava said:
One thing I really love is the setting. Faux-Soviet Union accurate to the details of the late 1950s and early 1960s space race and closed cities obscured from the public run by governmental authorities as research zones with all life in the city directed toward that single purpose, like military bases which are off the grid black sites.

The alternate history/fictional history component and corresponding aesthetic is what hooked me, but a vampire eating caviar and borscht was an equal highlight.

I feel like the setting is already victorious in creating that distinctive atmosphere from episode one and now it will be up to the plot and characters. The plot also already seems to have massive potential. I think the hardest thing will be to see if they end up properly utilizing these characters and if they exceed their archetypes the audience would expect from them. Like, jaded and defensive tsundere vampire. That's fine. But now go further and show us many sides over the course of the series; if both characters do things and act in ways you may not initially expect, it could be a new gem.

Has an interesting mixture of vibes between cozy and bleak so far.

And of course, the potential for interspecies or otherwise transgressive romance, which is always a main draw for me.

I think the same, do you think there are short scenes where you can notice a little romance? I feel like at some point there may be a hint of xD romance (srry my english is not good :''' )
monrrxykunOct 4, 2021 11:34 AM
venecoland.
Oct 4, 2021 11:39 AM

Sep 2020
aLotQuestion_ said:
Did I miss something?

The higher-ups ask him to keep her vampire existence a secret and only ask him to bring her to eat.

And why the fuck her vampire existence a secret and yet no one surprise vampire is actually exist?

They need to keep her a secret from the public, not from the other cosmonaut candidates.
And based on the protagonist's and everyone else's reaction to Irina's very existence I'd be inclined to say that their world might also be inhabited by other demi-humans or other similar beings so having the cast not being all that shocked by a vampire's sudden appearance in the base wouldn't be too farfetched.
Oct 4, 2021 1:55 PM
May 2020
a cute vampire girl going to space. anime has everything
Oct 4, 2021 5:41 PM

Dec 2020
A decent start Imo.Opening is kinda mediocre but I like the ending song quite a lot.I was hoping that he will hide her from all other humans but not goes as I think but it was important bkz they were all living together hiding from the world.I like the art style of vampire.The whole budget of episode went into vampire eating and lips.But I hope the show will go well.

For your Information:

Oct 4, 2021 6:08 PM

Jun 2019
I'm hyped. Loved the plot and the alternative history setting.
Oct 4, 2021 6:44 PM

Jun 2016
I really enjoy the 1950s-1960s space race backdrop, albeit "fictionalized", with additional folklorish creatures like upirs. I wonder if there will be other creatures such as Leshy, Domovoy, Yeti, etc.

I didn't like the opening song, but the ending was great. I think the actual content will be somewhat cliche, she hates all humans and then grows to love the MC and change her opinion on humans, but that's okay IMO when you have good animation and a neat backdrop/world-building.
Oct 4, 2021 7:47 PM

Jan 2011
thought i've seen it all but this will be the first time i can say they put that cute anime vampire girl in space!

with the premise i didn't think it would be so self serious nor did i think it was gonna take place in the 1960s with a not Russia by name Russia lol it's oddly enough pretty grounded though i can already see their can't trust the "monster" and her i hate all these humans plotline but hopefully they do something interesting with them.

wasn't as bad as i was expecting but i feel it's lacking something

OP was very meh but sounded like a opening for a vampire anime in the early 2000s while the ED is great and very relaxing
Oct 4, 2021 8:48 PM

Dec 2014
Avvenirista said:
aLotQuestion_ said:
Did I miss something?

They need to keep her a secret from the public, not from the other cosmonaut candidates.
And based on the protagonist's and everyone else's reaction to Irina's very existence I'd be inclined to say that their world might also be inhabited by other demi-humans or other similar beings so having the cast not being all that shocked by a vampire's sudden appearance in the base wouldn't be too farfetched.

It also don't make sense, male MC introduce to the girl during the tour mentioning that everyone one that island are related to the space research, which mean none of them are regular residents.

All the more reason, no need to keep her existence somewhat secret, like at all?

Unless the "keep the secret" here is to preventing the information from leaking out of the island, which is very unlikely at all?

I still don't see the point.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 4, 2021 10:04 PM
Jun 2013
This was definitely a surprise, i really didn't expected much and everything was good, the art, animation, the unique premise, both OP and specially ED were beautiful, really nothing to complain about it in the moment, i just hope it continue to be this good in the next episodes
Oct 5, 2021 1:30 AM

Sep 2011
This first episode surprised me,it was good... I hope there will be not too much drama because I hate it lol Do you think there will be some romance?
Oct 5, 2021 1:45 AM

Oct 2017
I'm really interested in how this will turn out. There's already nice worldbuilding and I'm prepared for more.
Oct 5, 2021 2:37 AM

Sep 2020
aLotQuestion_ said:
Avvenirista said:

It also don't make sense, male MC introduce to the girl during the tour mentioning that everyone one that island are related to the space research, which mean none of them are regular residents.

All the more reason, no need to keep her existence somewhat secret, like at all?

Unless the "keep the secret" here is to preventing the information from leaking out of the island, which is very unlikely at all?

I still don't see the point.

By ''public'' I meant the rest of the nation, not the rest of the city, but yes, the info could possibly leak through the regular researchers living in the city because they're in the middle of a cold war and spies from the opposite block could be anywhere.
The people working at the inner base and the city folks don't seem to be to part of the same exact circle so disguising Irina (with just a hat, I know) during her city outings could work.
And don't forget that all this secrecy imposed on Irina's presence at the base was placed mainly due to her mission's hidden nature and only consequentially because she's a vampire; they don't want the wrong people to know she's not human because it could leak their current space program's troubles.

Oct 5, 2021 5:20 AM

Mar 2014
Looks nice but I don't like that they made vampires devoid of most of vampiric characteristics.

If they don't suck blood, don't need to hide before the sun etc then what is a difference between them and humans? Larger fangs and ears? You could as well call them dark elves or whatever.

Oct 5, 2021 6:39 AM

Aug 2020
Finally , an anime that surpassed my expectations . atleast for now . i expected it to be extremely jargony with very in your face info drops to introduce you to the world of spacecraft , but that was a very effective and simple way of hooking me . The characters all have the required initial spark of interest to them , made me want to see more of their interactions . The visuals are very pleasing , with monogatari-esque boarding to the food scenes lol . The..... what was it , caviar eggs ? , had very tasteful directing hahahah .

Very interested to see where this is gonna go from here .
TweedleDaneOct 5, 2021 10:19 AM
Oct 5, 2021 7:07 AM

Oct 2008
oh nice! ALI PROJECT performed the ED! so that's why i said i know this artist but couldn't figure it out until later on...but honestly i'm not sure what's in store for us in this show...
i guess Lev would later care for Irina later-on and decides to revolt against Federal Republic...kinda-ish...lolz for now let's see...
4/5.

Oct 5, 2021 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
Very interesting so far! I liked Irina's character she's adorable. I may be wrong but there's probably no way this won't have any romance in it specially since Lev doesn't seem to treat her like a test subject at all.
Oct 5, 2021 12:09 PM
Jan 2021
TSUKI TO LAIKA TO NOSFERATU Episode 01 IMPRESSION:

The narrative it's simple, easy to follow. The characters design it's good, the movement flow also. The background it's kinda dull, but it's seems fitting with the mood that are gloomy. The OP seems generic, but the ED sequence is smooth and cozy, enough to make me feel bad skipping it (also by the ED we can kinda guess that this show would be focusing more on characters study, and i'm all for it!)

But strongest point that they're clearly trying to push forward is the unique premises they had. Combining two of a bizarre story -Vampire and Astronomy- into something that shouldn't have work in the first places. But somehow it makes sense, because the plot itself are confident enough to convince us that this is a logical event, not just some weird crossbreeding experimental B-movie category that i'm afraid they gonna fall into

This is the kinda storytelling that we needed, in this generation full of lazy writing overused formula. Taking risk into something that nobody had ever did (as far as i know), grabbed viewers attention, but then spend almost all of it's runtime to fleshed out the characters so the story itself not just become some cheap click-bait premises, but something that demand to be rooting for

Watching this feels like someone who had tired of breathing the same air over and over again in his cramped polluted town, but then he moves into the countryside and the first thing he noticed it's a fresh clean air slowly moving through his body. So suddenly he get excited to breathe again

Also surprisingly, this show had a lot of interesting easter egg and references in it. Yes, an astronomical geek would be more than happy about it
EmpireDeLunaOct 5, 2021 12:26 PM
Oct 5, 2021 12:38 PM
Sep 2018
I’m not used to like vampire animes but this was good… I see a potential drama coming ahaha
Oct 5, 2021 2:36 PM
Dec 2019
Ummm... Sending 'Vampire' as Cosmonaut while exposing them to direct sunlight radiation on space 😅
Oct 5, 2021 5:25 PM
Jul 2020
why is this low rating? the first ep was interesting though.
Oct 5, 2021 7:21 PM
Mar 2012
aww Laika, didnt expect all the historical references.
Burgers vs vampires.
Borscht, milk & roe nice food. Should also make their cells much nicer so vamp wont want to escape.
Hey detective Alicia's back... as Anya.
Nice how they address object/species conflict, vampire 'misinformation'. Would like to know more on their past.
OP Ali Project sounds like their Code Geass ed. ED so comfy nice.
gophercgOct 5, 2021 7:35 PM
Oct 6, 2021 2:38 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Rorek said:
5/5
I love cute hot vampires

5/5
I love cute hot vampires (2)

Plus the world seems interesting. Im a sucker for these types of settings.

Oct 6, 2021 5:55 AM
May 2016
Andrzej2 said:
Looks nice but I don't like that they made vampires devoid of most of vampiric characteristics.

If they don't suck blood, don't need to hide before the sun etc then what is a difference between them and humans? Larger fangs and ears? You could as well call them dark elves or whatever.

Yeah looks really nice, but why the she's a vampire but not a vampire? stuff and why would she still sleep in a coffin? 9_9
Oct 6, 2021 10:40 AM
May 2018
Would love of they bring in the secret seriv of both the countries, trying to sabotage each other space plan. That would be hella content
Oct 6, 2021 10:15 PM

Dec 2020
looks okay, nothing amazing but pretty nice take on science mixed in with a hint of fantasy

ngl im actually quite liking this and thats definitely because the characters are cute. not as in kawaii uwu cute but . Yk like how people use cute for everything they like cute. WHATEVER i like the characters, they're supposed to be adults that are intelligent but act like your average high schooler anime character IDC! i like them. probably the only thing thats keeping me to watch this show

ed is reaally nice, it'll be cool if we get some little changes as the episodes pass by (example, the irina and lev looks at each other after the episode where their.. Romance shines bc come on we know thats gonna happen)

also i have a feeling that either lev or irina will d word.. if that comes true then.. 🙁☹️
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Koshi_Inaba - Dec 18, 2021

113 by FullyCharged »»
Sep 15, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Oct 24, 2021

61 by Gvendoline »»
May 10, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

58 by Gvendoline »»
May 7, 8:01 AM

» A perspective from Soviet Union

Flank27 - Nov 21, 2023

14 by Flank27 »»
Dec 24, 2023 1:00 AM

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2021

66 by Amtraq »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.