Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 14, 2019 7:27 PM

Jan 2011
i can't believe they did this to Tsubasa again this was far more brutal than anything they've done since maybe the first season wtf thought we would finally get a peaceful moment

zero redeeming these new alchemist wipe em out just like they took out 100 000 people not a single person was saved , after all that act of terror i forgot about how lewd they made the henshin for Kiri
katsu044Jul 14, 2019 7:31 PM
Jul 14, 2019 8:34 PM
Dec 2018
Can we agree that we want Millaarc, the vampire alchemist needs to die and now?

Because even for the whole story, Tsubasa was almost completely done with the past after Kanades death and so much more about his family, but now thanks to that chick, she has to think all over again.
Jul 16, 2019 4:42 PM

Sep 2017
Bruh... I don't remember Symphogear being this brutal. Props to the animators tho. I just hope Tsubasa's character doesn't follow the same route at season 1 after this incident.
Jul 17, 2019 2:55 AM

Feb 2007
The interesting thing is that we tend to forget Symphogear has always had a lot of casualties and collateral damage - it is just usually noise doing the dirty work, which is why the one very personal kill this time seemed this shocking.
Aug 6, 2019 2:12 PM

Dec 2009
It may seem crude of me to say, but i'm glad this show is bringing itself back to it's roots.

In the last couple seasons the show has gotten rather silly and less impactful. Seeing the villains do horrible things right off the bat, although a bit rushed and disjointed in progression, we have reason already to despise these villains. That is a good thing.

Also combat choreography creativity is staying fantastic! Awesome music, not just op/ed but also bgm etc, does not disappoint.

Sury said:
I wonder who the true final boss will be or if we'll see the custodians at all, since there's nothing teased in the OP this time. Also what are those gas masks? And Hibiki fucking punching the moon!!!
It's not like they are strangers to fighting the moon, lol...
ps: nice to see your highly relevant avatar pic again haha
GenesisAriaAug 6, 2019 2:49 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 5, 2019 11:32 PM

Feb 2014
So, they decided to change this or try to make it better by adding some gore scenes to it?
Oct 19, 2019 2:33 AM

Jan 2018
Dope concert. Not as good as the one in episode 1 of GX, but still a spectacle regardless. Too bad it'd be the last thing that the audience would ever see before being brutally murdered.

And that bitch literally ripped a girl's heart out right in front of Tsubasa. Things got dark pretty quick. Awesome episode all around.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Dec 5, 2019 12:07 AM

Apr 2014
wow this ep got dark real quick not to mention how they killed the girl towards the end what makes it even more crazy is that girl that got killed looked a lot like the girl Hibiki first saved when she first transformed in season 1 and if that was her holy shit

this season only 2 eps in and things are this crazy wonder what other things are to come

with that said one thing i do have to say about this season is this is the only opening i didnt like compared to the other opening from the other season this op just feels so lifeless and weak in comparison to the other seasons in where their openings was epic in every way the song, the actual op itself ect

but yeah the only thing i dont like but who knows maybe the op will grow on me well see once i reach the end

but yeah amazing ep onto the next
"one step at a time"
Mar 27, 2021 7:05 AM
Apr 2020
Hoshino_Maria said:
Interesting if that's really her

if so then it hurts.
Apr 26, 2021 9:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I’ve been super unappreciative of how symphogear tackled their concert scenes. They always look so extra and so beautiful, but the main takeaway is that THEY DO NOT USE CGI MODELS!!! Tsubasa and Maria never turn to cgi, ever. It’s been a while since I watched AVX, and in the meantime I of course watched a load of anime, some of those being from the idol genre, mostly these newer ones like zombie land saga and idoly pride. And I realize it’s all too common for the studio to resort to using jarring cgi for their idols whenever they are to perform at a concert. And it just throws me off. But this is not the case for symphogear, and they earn mad points for that.

Again it’s been a while, but I don’t remember being showed civilians getting freaking slaughtered, or a young girl getting ripped a hole through her chest. Was symphogear always this brutal?? If it was I honestly don’t remember, but if they’re growing some balls for the first time, XV just very might well be in a league of its own.

Second episode, again so far so good. No inherent BS that dragged it down, I feel like once we focus more on that mummy that we’re gonna get a load of mumbo jumbo though. Still, it’s been all gas no brakes so far and I really hope it keeps the energy pumping and stays this way.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 11, 2021 12:23 AM

Feb 2020
This show is finally bringing itself back to it's roots.

Excellent episode. Dark, brutal and extremely emotional like the whole first season.

This is the moment I have been waiting for. Bring it on!

SerafosDec 28, 2023 8:04 AM
Jun 17, 2021 2:35 AM

Feb 2014
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS INSANE!! The action and everything was totally on par, like the fight choreography is so good!!! The concert was really well done too!! Really curious about these custodians, especially with how it disappeared but the gauntlet survived in the scan machine!

I'm really liking these new enemies so far (as evil as they are), their powers are really cool!! I hate how they killed all those innocent people in the concert though >:( I could predict batgirl killing the random girl in front of Tsubasa, but I was still really shocked by it O_o

It's so terrible that the new enemy attacked at the concert, giving Tsubasaa horrible flashback :( she knew just what to do to get her to crack and she did it ;_;

Kirika transforming by pole dancing was amaznig, she's such a fabulous queen <3<3<3

The new OP was good! Also that “uso de wa arimasen!” from catgirl when Shirabe and Kirika cornered her was friggin' amazing xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2021 5:47 PM

Nov 2012
Kirika's heshin is sexy af ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Tsubasa needs to stop holding concerts, her audience always gets killed lol.
Jan 14, 2022 8:42 PM

Jul 2017
That henshin tho, dayum! Just where tf is Kirika bustin these moves from tho? xD

Kirika and Shirabe dropped the sickest combo so far. That fight was dope!

It's not a real Tsubasa concert if it ain't red by the end. That was fucked lmao!

This season has been off to a sweet start!

Feb 1, 2022 11:51 PM

Feb 2015
Wow, that was a bit dark for this show, they didn't shy away from showing mass civilian deaths (and a brutal one) this season.

Though I'm really loving the transformation and action scenes this season.
Mar 21, 2023 10:30 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
It starting to annoy me, when the enemy keep attacking them in the concert and they don't give any mind for made it more safer are the commander to brainless to think about it ora what
Sep 17, 2023 8:41 AM

Nov 2010
A major improvement to Kirika's transformation scene. That looked lewd with how it looked like she was doing a sexy pole dance.
Shirabe looked so sexy with her yoyo dance!
Impressive performance by Maria & Tsubasa! Their armpits looked beautiful! I want to lick them!
One thing I like in this anime is that no matter how powerful they get, they still can't save everyone. Damn, 100k casualties.
Millaarc looks sexy! I wonder what she did to Tsubasa.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» New Symphogear project announced

Monkiesmata - Nov 20, 2022

12 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 9, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

42 by rsc-pl »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

52 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.