Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2018 1:17 AM

Sep 2011
dicecop said:
Alberrti said:
Bad animation? Fix your eyes or stop watching it in 144p.

Name one popular series that has worse animation than this one. Even the horrible One Piece anime is better animated than this
Yeah, no. One Piece is far worse.
Mar 26, 2018 3:01 AM

Aug 2011
I'm surprised none of the anime only guys are surprised by the reveal that Zeldris and Meliodas are brothers. Didn't think it was obvious when I read the manga.

Pretty good episode, but the part where Meliodas ask King why he doesn't have wings would've been much better had they adapted the part where Jericho asked him the same. I think it really helps in building the lore, not sure why. I would've preferred had they made the last episode completely about Ban and Zhivago, not a big fan that they had it in two different episodes.

One thing I'm really liking is

I find it funny that
Mar 26, 2018 3:05 AM
Jun 2017
Melioda's power is back!!! and whats the best way to show it, by going to where the 10 commandments is... hahahaha... (and look at that ball of Dark power that Meliodas received!!!hahaha)...

Mar 26, 2018 12:37 PM

Jan 2015
That was damn so epic!
I love scenes when the MC goes in the enemy's place like a badass!
Who the hell is waiting now 4 days?!
Mar 27, 2018 9:15 AM
Jan 2013
Hylianticipated said:
Ban's backstory should be a full 12 episode anime by itself. It's honestly the only truly enjoyable thing that's happened this season so far.

Speaking of which, this episode ended with one gigantic ass plot hole. All of the commandments are seriously underpowered and in a weakened state right now, and Meliodas took care of that lower class demon without breaking a sweat. So that begs the question: why didn't he just completely kill that demon, and then take the rest of them down as well so they'd be easier to seal back up again? Why did he just leave them there to regain their strength? Oh yeah, because the studio wants to drag this out and make their money's worth, and because you can't have a cliche shounen anime without arbitrary and nonsensical power scaling.

Well for one, they are following the manga, has nothing to do with studio dragging this out. Secondly, they commandments are of different power caliber, and Galland, as far as I read (as I actually haven't read the manga) is one of the weaker ones. Doubtful he would be able to take on all 10 of them at the same time.
Mar 27, 2018 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
well that meloides appearing at the 10 commandments was something...things keep getting more and more interesting
Mar 28, 2018 6:11 AM
Oct 2007
dicecop said:
Alberrti said:

Name one popular series that has worse animation than this one. Even the horrible One Piece anime is better animated than this

Black Clover . Fifteen characters
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2018 9:01 AM

Sep 2014
luccide said:
dicecop said:

>popular series
>Black Clover

LMAO ;D
Mar 28, 2018 9:16 AM
Oct 2007
dicecop said:
luccide said:

>popular series
>Black Clover

LMAO ;D

Why are you comparing Nanatsu no Taizai to popular series then?

One Piece reception compared to Nanatsu no Taizai is AT LEAST 15 times more while Nanatsu no Taizai is probably 2-3 times more of Black Clover. Sure, Black Clover is a popular series if you want to group One Piece with Nanatsu no Taizai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2018 4:07 PM

Dec 2015
hoootie said:
Hylianticipated said:
Ban's backstory should be a full 12 episode anime by itself. It's honestly the only truly enjoyable thing that's happened this season so far.

Speaking of which, this episode ended with one gigantic ass plot hole. All of the commandments are seriously underpowered and in a weakened state right now, and Meliodas took care of that lower class demon without breaking a sweat. So that begs the question: why didn't he just completely kill that demon, and then take the rest of them down as well so they'd be easier to seal back up again? Why did he just leave them there to regain their strength? Oh yeah, because the studio wants to drag this out and make their money's worth, and because you can't have a cliche shounen anime without arbitrary and nonsensical power scaling.

Well for one, they are following the manga, has nothing to do with studio dragging this out. Secondly, they commandments are of different power caliber, and Galland, as far as I read (as I actually haven't read the manga) is one of the weaker ones. Doubtful he would be able to take on all 10 of them at the same time.

That doesn't explain why he didn't just kill Galland right then and there as it's clear he could have. And yeah I know they are of different strengths, but they are all underpowered right now and he had a clear opportunity to at least knock them down a few pegs before getting warped out, maybe even kill two or three. It was just a huge copout to allow for more arbitrary power-ups in my opinion and made it my least favorite scene so far.
Mar 28, 2018 9:41 PM
Mar 2015
Ban was able to be with his father at the end. Poor Jericho she will always be friendzoned
Mar 29, 2018 8:15 AM

Oct 2008
damn! we didn't see any clashes from Meliodas & King!
Joricho's so cute when she blushed because of Ban!
Oh man too sad, Zhivago passed away while beside Ban!
What a surprise greeting by Meliodas to all of the Ten Commandments!
OMG! Galand got initially wrecked by Meliodas who got back his true power!
5/5.

Mar 30, 2018 5:27 PM

May 2012
So, what is Meliodas power level now ?! He must be higher than Galand
Apr 2, 2018 9:20 PM

Jul 2013
Mediodas finallly got his powers back and now he's too powerful to take on the commandments. I'm worried for the others though will those training really empower them to even match the enemies' strength.
Apr 5, 2018 6:05 AM

May 2014
Hahha, this was a good and funny ep. Haven't seen such a good jelaous face for a very long time. Maybe it should be my new forum ava.

A mix of sad, emotional and funny, action moment. A very good ep. Sad to see Ban's father die like that. It was a bit unexpected, but at the same time a bit obvious. It's not like he could travel around with them in that age. It was a perfect moment to die, but still very sad. It became obvious once he said this were his last words. :(

King's suspiciousness over Meliodas is understandable, though I think he is a kind and cool pal in and out. Cool to him in his prime and trolling the gang that is with him. He wiped the floor with Galand. I guess that was a good payback. LOL

Overall good ep. 5/5 from me.
mangalicker94Apr 5, 2018 6:17 AM
Apr 5, 2018 6:15 AM

May 2014
Hylianticipated said:
hoootie said:

That doesn't explain why he didn't just kill Galland right then and there as it's clear he could have. And yeah I know they are of different strengths, but they are all underpowered right now and he had a clear opportunity to at least knock them down a few pegs before getting warped out, maybe even kill two or three. It was just a huge copout to allow for more arbitrary power-ups in my opinion and made it my least favorite scene so far.

We could have a scenario were the other commandments would back Galand up in order to kill him. Maybe Meliodas wouldn't take that chance. 10 vs. 1 even in their weakened state is too much when he isn't used to his OP power.
Apr 5, 2018 6:23 AM

May 2014
dicecop said:
Alberrti said:

Dragon Ball super have a more shitty animation than this one. I agree that this is not Garo:Vanishing Line level of animation, but still average. Much better than anything that comes from Toei and Pierrot (Pierrot generally).
Apr 5, 2018 8:53 AM

Dec 2015
mangalicker94 said:
Hylianticipated said:

We could have a scenario were the other commandments would back Galand up in order to kill him. Maybe Meliodas wouldn't take that chance. 10 vs. 1 even in their weakened state is too much when he isn't used to his OP power.

Could's and maybe's don't fill plot holes.
Apr 9, 2018 1:06 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
When Meliodas recovered all his power, this change in the tone voice, although he said that he was joking, i didn´t like!!!! :/
Apr 9, 2018 3:17 PM

Oct 2012
Alright, finally hyped.
Apr 14, 2018 12:39 PM
Apr 2018
What about the pain on kings back ? No one is curious about it ? Haha
Apr 17, 2018 3:42 PM

May 2014
Hylianticipated said:
mangalicker94 said:

Could's and maybe's don't fill plot holes.

Hmm, true. But he wouldn't take the chance were all the ten would go against him simultaneously. Now that would be a problem. Even Meliodas said himself he couldn't go against all ten of them alone, even with his power back.
Aug 9, 2018 8:47 PM

May 2012
So they are brothers, as expected! But still quite interesting if you ask me, the whole thing with Ban was quite the bittersweet moment! Really beautiful yet sad :/ Well, I sure am looking forwards to see what happens next!
Nov 29, 2018 5:46 AM

Mar 2016
Respect for you Zhivago for being a father for Ban when nobody even cared for him.
Meanwhile, Jericho is jealous towards Ban's actual lover yet still blushes when Ban admitted that he doesn't mind being wth her. Quite a cute scene.

Meliodas' power has finally return, what better way to celebrate than to greet the 10 commandments properly and give a little stabbing payback to Galand! What a fucking badass!!!

Whoa I see, Zeldris IS Meliodas' brother!
Dec 31, 2018 12:33 AM

May 2016
It's a waste that Ban's sister didn't make it until the part where Zhivago stepped in because she did look she had bigger potential to be a real character. It's funny that Jericho was pouting around bitterly because she was being ignored while the two were talking about how Ban got this lady love only to freak out when he said that she's the first human he's willing to bear with. It's sad that Zhivago's time had come but he couldn't have asked for a better death than to die in his son's arms after saying everything he has to say.

King's still doubtful of him and it's a good thing that Jenna stopped them because who knows what could happen to that concentrated orb of dark energy. His power was so immense that it enveloped the sky in darkness and gave him more than enough power to give Galand the beating of a lifetime. Seeing him fight so powerfully right in front of the 9 other Commandments before warping away with a smug grin was the bomb~

May 25, 2019 5:44 AM

Sep 2012
yep king is right about 1thing medi has to be from the demon race or at least half demon race cause nothibg else makes sense
Jul 7, 2019 2:35 AM

Mar 2015
Galand got what he deserved, if only he was finished off but I guess we'll have to wait.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 13, 2019 2:37 AM

Dec 2012
Dat promotion.
Imouto.
Ban had a imouto.
Dat hand.
Zhivago just died.
Oppai vs booty.
Dat pain.
Dat darkness.
Meliodas wants to go to the TC?
Dat punch.
Meliodas fucking Galand up.
Kyoudai?
Meliodas went back.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 18, 2020 3:50 AM

Apr 2013
Two of my least favourite sins got too much screentime this episode, Ban and King. At least Meliodas was a badass in the end. I feel like posting my top list of the sins at this point.

1. Meliodas
2. Diane
3. Merlin
4. Gowther
5. King
6. Ban
7. ???
Apr 7, 2020 1:16 PM

May 2018
lol Meliodas teleported over just to say hi
May 5, 2020 7:36 PM

Feb 2018
She's so cute, xD...
Mar 2, 2021 1:38 PM

Nov 2019
Looks like an even match now! Good thing Meliodas is on the good guys side :)
Dec 19, 2021 5:53 AM

Oct 2020
Damn, Meliodas is a beast !¨
things are really getting good !
R.I.P. Zhivago, the real father of Ban
Jan 4, 2023 5:24 PM

Mar 2010
I guess melo is still not confident to just take em all out rn.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 15, 2023 12:01 PM
Apr 2014
Man... Ban has like the most tragic life D:

As if the whole story around Elaine wasn't bad enough already... He found a replacement for his shitty parents, effectively lost that at some point again. Then when these two are finally reunited later on he dies "in his arms" >.< That was really sad to watch... Zhivago was so happy to see Ban survived as well. He found his peace which is nice but overall that scene was sooo sad :(

RIP Zhivago
Jul 24, 2023 9:38 AM
Apr 2023
Another beautiful scene with Zhivago. And I love the fact that Jericho is actually a cute tsundere now instead of an annoying one in the OVA. And then the banter between Meliodas and King, Meliodas getting his powers back and then him absolutely beating Galand. Just a really good episode due to it’s actions and emotions.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

46 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

» I love this season

removed-user - Oct 9, 2021

10 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.