Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Aug 6, 2014 1:46 PM

May 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
Darklight0303 said:
]
when using the official name I pronounce it Ezdeath

I pronounce it the same way. "Ezdeath"

The VAs in the show say it the same too.
I thought it was Ezdes
Aug 6, 2014 1:55 PM

Apr 2014
Before this it was Esdese. But for manga, The official?? changed the characters romanization name. Which is Esdese-> Esdeath. Resulting two nickname.
Aug 6, 2014 2:04 PM

May 2013
Almost sounds a bit like Ice Death.
Aug 6, 2014 2:12 PM

Apr 2008
RevolverSnake said:

That would fit very well
Aug 6, 2014 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
RevolverSnake said:
That's pretty cool actually.
Aug 6, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2010
annie_leonheart said:
jonnyhan said:

Here on planet Earth people do not step into something with zero experience and all of a sudden compete with the good ones for that age group, let alone grown men, it never happens. Some can get very good at it within a short time because of their natural abilities, but nobody walks into something and is good right off the bat. I would have agreed with him and you if you were saying "its just a mediocre anime for teens", don't take it seriously.

And here on planet earth we don't get Nen abilities no matter how hard we train and we can't kamehameha people...

jonnyhan said:

I did not compare her to Hisoka, the guy I responded to (Loomy) did (read man). Trust me, I know better, I am intelligent enough to not compare any part of this mediocre at best show to that GEM of an anime written by genius Togashi.

What your doing is actually worse... your comparing shounen characters to real life people.

Your responses just mean you lack reading comprehension and ability to reason. I did not compare any cartoon to real life people, it was someone else who tried to justify it with a weak real life example and I just shot it down. And btw, there are tons of things anime do that are unrealistic, but often the GOOD anime at least portray many things as realistic within the world of that anime. The bad ones are extremely inconsistent.
Aug 6, 2014 2:44 PM

Oct 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Well finally there may be an enemy that isn't so blatantly and obviously evil.

Also there's Esdeath

This had better get better, because if it doesn't I will be very much disappointed

Well from all the spoilers that have been thrown around
Aug 6, 2014 3:01 PM
Oct 2010
Forgetfulness said:
Feaor said:

Well damn. Finally thought this anime would become something more than mediocre shit :|

Not sure what spoilers he's been reading but...... yeah :|
Aug 6, 2014 3:08 PM

Feb 2014
jonnyhan said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

I would say it's probably natural born talent. Very much like how when you play a basketball game in P.E. class and no one has ever played the game before, there's always a select few kids that are pretty good despite not never playing before. It's because they're athletic and have natural born talent.

Sheele is probably the same way. In this world, everyone tends to have super human-like strength or at least the potential (this is a fantasy world after all), so we'll just say that every one is capable of such strength. So her being able to avoid attacks, being able to perform deadly strikes, and jump high is her natural talent. She just had a talent for it and that's why she became such a good assassin.

Are you kidding me man? You are telling him and us to just take the material as it is shown without critique. The little justification you have there is silly, I am sorry to say. I don't know how much sports you have played, but tall men who get on basketball court for the first time cannot even properly dunk while running. Even something that simple needs a some practice and proper hand to eye coordination. This character is someone with a very poor control over her own body according to the mangaka.

Forgot to reply to this directly.

First off, I played Basketball during High School (though, I was like 7th man on my team, I never started. But I know the game well.) and I was a very talented Track/Cross Country runner in High School. So I've played plenty of sports. I'm not saying they're dunking or making 3 pointers lol, why the hell would you jump to that? I was just saying that they are able to move the ball around, dribble correctly, perform some attacks on the basket, and make some plays happen (simple ones though). They're athletic and they can make certain plays work. If they were playing a trained Bball player, they would get their ass handled to them, but against rookies just like themselves, they can be good in that designated group.

Sheele is similar. Like I said before, this is a fantasy world where all people have the potential to have superhuman-like strength and agility. So, Sheele has a talent in that field. She's athletic and it's easier for her to grasp on it. Just like the rookie example I said before, Sheele fought against weak gang members that barely had any strength or skill themselves, so it's no wonder Sheele took them down with natural talent alone. If she was facing a trained solider, she probably would have gotten killed easily.

Another thing, people are different outside of their sport. She's a bit of a airhead and clumsy, but when she's in her assassin mode, it's totally different. It's like turning on a switch. When your on the heat of the game (Basketball for instances), you perform things differently and your true talent is shown. I had teammates in Bball that I wondered how the hell they get through the day because they could be so stupid (I mean that in the utmost respect because I loved my former teammates), but when they were playing Basketball, it was like a totally different person. Like a switch turning on.

What I'm trying to get at here is that certain things like clumsiness or being an airhead doesn't always correlate when you're playing a sport (in the case being an assassin and killing people, though that's her sport per se).
Aug 6, 2014 3:11 PM

Feb 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Feaor said:

Well damn. Finally thought this anime would become something more than mediocre shit :|

*sigh*

Just wait and see for yourself please. There have been a lot of half-true spoilers floating around. All I can say is that Seryu is one of favorite villains in the manga, so you can perceive that however you want.
Aug 6, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
Slower episode, not bad.
Nice backstory and introducing the strongest villain.
Aug 6, 2014 4:23 PM

Sep 2013
jonnyhan said:

Your responses just mean you lack reading comprehension and ability to reason. I did not compare any cartoon to real life people , it was someone else who tried to justify it with a weak real life example and I just shot it down.

No he said some people have natural talents and since this a fantasy world she is portrayed to have killing skills. your the one who needlessly went in depth with that one and ended up making a lot of real life comparison.
Also insulting while trying to sound intelligent doesn't make you less of an a-hole and not enough to weasel your way out of this one.
jonnyhan said:

And btw, there are tons of things anime do that are unrealistic, but often the GOOD anime at least portray many things as realistic within the world of that anime. The bad ones are extremely inconsistent.

Why do you keep stating the obvious ?
IshtaRinAug 6, 2014 5:12 PM
Aug 6, 2014 5:04 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
@LTB, I feel bad for you man....I don't have the drive to respond to most of these comments you responded to (Mostly because I stopped giving a shit about some of the users that comes to this thread's biased negative opinions/attempts to troll)
Aug 6, 2014 5:55 PM

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:
@LTB, I feel bad for you man....I don't have the drive to respond to most of these comments you responded to (Mostly because I stopped giving a shit about some of the users that comes to this thread's biased negative opinions/attempts to troll)

Haha nah, it's all good.

I felt good to get some of that stuff out of my system. Now I don't feel as inclined to say much more, I feel like I've made my point(s) loud and clear.

There's not much else to say. :/
Aug 6, 2014 6:31 PM

Jan 2014
Liked it... Not as much as the previous episodes, though...
Aug 6, 2014 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
Tokoya said:

For whatever reason since Akame Ga Kill got an anime adaptation there's been a huge wave of haters on the series forum. I'm not talking about people who show valid criticism but obnoxious people who continuously complain about every single thing in this show like it's the worst thing ever made. Yet they seem to watch it every week.

I don't know what people where expecting with this anime but it isn't some ground breaking legendary story. It's just a fun anime with a lot of tropes and gore as well as comedy. Just enjoy it for what it is, like how Kill La Kill is objectively terrible but still extremely enjoyable. It's a fun manga/anime meant to be enjoyed and not taken too seriously. So if you are looking for the grim-dark, hella-edgy anime of the year you wont find it here.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 6, 2014 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
Tokoya said:

For whatever reason since Akame Ga Kill got an anime adaptation there's been a huge wave of haters on the series forum. I'm not talking about people who show valid criticism but obnoxious people who continuously complain about every single thing in this show like it's the worst thing ever made. Yet they seem to watch it every week.

I don't know what people where expecting with this anime but it isn't some ground breaking legendary story. It's just a fun anime with a lot of tropes and gore as well as comedy. Just enjoy it for what it is, like how Kill La Kill is objectively terrible but still extremely enjoyable. It's a fun manga/anime meant to be enjoyed and not taken too seriously. So if you are looking for the grim-dark, hella-edgy anime of the year you wont find it here.

It's got something to do with the massive hype it got before it started airing. Some people said its going to be AOTS and some even went as far as to say that its AOTY even though we all know the Fate/stay night remake will be AOTY lol.
Aug 6, 2014 7:28 PM

Sep 2011
-Riptide- said:
Fullmetal89 said:

It's got something to do with the massive hype it got before it started airing. Some people said its going to be AOTS and some even went as far as to say that its AOTY even though we all know the Fate/stay night remake will be AOTY lol.

Yeah it's pretty obvious UBW will take that title. That show has been hyped for ages, I'm definitely looking forward to it and the especially the movie. I don't know why people thought AgK would be AOTY but I think it could fall under AOTS at least compared to the other stuff that's airing right now. Other than Space Dandy, SOA2 and Jojo. I thought it would be Tokyo Ghoul until that aired (sadly it's been a pretty bad adaptation).

Either way as someone who has read the manga I am very happy with this adaptation so far. It's been very close to the manga and the animation is pretty good, not to mention there's no censorship. I think as an adaptation this is one of the best in a long while.
Aug 6, 2014 8:04 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
Tokoya said:

Haha nah, it's all good.

I felt good to get some of that stuff out of my system. Now I don't feel as inclined to say much more, I feel like I've made my point(s) loud and clear.

There's not much else to say. :/
Agreed, just let the people hate.....

Fullmetal89 said:
Tokoya said:

Yeah, this guy that used to come here named Solvy was like that....I bet that they all actually like the series lol

And I agree on all accounts, but the main reasons why I fell in love with this series is because I love series that gives you that OP shock value...And if you read the manga, you will know what I mean. I love how it' supposed to be Shounen, yet this shit is so dark that it's laughable that it has that tag to begin with....But I think that above all, I really love the characterizations in this series

-Riptide- said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Well, it is THAT good for what it is and a lot more reasons that have yet to been revealed to first time watchers...Plus the cast and studio just added to the hype, also, now that we see that this is one of those rare series that actually adapts content correctly, only makes manga readers THAT MUCH more excited since we know that what makes this series so awesome will not be butchered

This could very well be the AOTS but quite frankly, I think it's impossible to pick one series for AOTS because Aldnoah.Zero, SAO II, Zankyou no Terror and, Ao Haru Ride ( I guess I can include Tokyo Ghoul if you're an anime only watcher as well as Barakamon) are all fucking amazing like Akame ga Kill ....AOTY was going a bit far, but this series will be up there with the best...It just won't be the best of the best
TokoyaAug 6, 2014 8:09 PM
Aug 6, 2014 8:14 PM

Oct 2013
Tokoya said:
-Riptide- said:

Well, it is THAT good for what it is and a lot more reasons that have yet to been revealed to first time watchers...Plus the cast and studio just added to the hype, also, now that we see that this is one of those rare series that actually adapts content correctly, only makes manga readers THAT MUCH more excited since we know that what makes this series so awesome will not be butchered

This could very well be the AOTS but quite frankly, I think it's impossible to pick one series for AOTS because Aldnoah.Zero, SAO II, Zankyou no Terror and, Ao Haru Ride are all fucking amazing like Akame ga Kill....AOTY was going a bit far, but this series will be up there with the best...It just won't be the best of the best

Just stop with all these promises about how its going to be good. This is the reason why critic wannabes flock to AgK threads. You guys keep on hyping, they keep on trying to prove this show sucks. This quote is a good explanation of how you fanboys are just making a bad image for your beloved manga:
Villa-Lobos said:
Honestly, the primary reason people are criticizing this show is exactly because of the fanboys' hyping. If people weren't praising this so much, rest assured most people would watch the way they're supposed to (and how other posters pointed out earlier), with your brain turned off. There are other very mediocre shows on the same level that people rarely bat an eye to criticize as they're doing with AkG. If the fans weren't pretending this show is something else than it is I doubt people would be as critic about it.
Aug 6, 2014 8:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
-Riptide- said:
Tokoya said:

This could very well be the AOTS but quite frankly, I think it's impossible to pick one series for AOTS because Aldnoah.Zero, SAO II, Zankyou no Terror and, Ao Haru Ride are all fucking amazing like Akame ga Kill....AOTY was going a bit far, but this series will be up there with the best...It just won't be the best of the best

Just stop with all these promises about how its going to be good. This is the reason why critic wannabes flock to AgK threads. You guys keep on hyping, they keep on trying to prove this show sucks. This quote is a good explanation of how you fanboys are just making a bad image for your beloved manga:
Villa-Lobos said:
Honestly, the primary reason people are criticizing this show is exactly because of the fanboys' hyping. If people weren't praising this so much, rest assured most people would watch the way they're supposed to (and how other posters pointed out earlier), with your brain turned off. There are other very mediocre shows on the same level that people rarely bat an eye to criticize as they're doing with AkG. If the fans weren't pretending this show is something else than it is I doubt people would be as critic about it.
Was it before or after that you and your kind missed the parts where me and other manga readers told you guys things like "It gets better as it goes on" or what I've been saying "You will all start to see a glimpse of what we are talking about once episode 4 dropped and onwards...And I can safely say that going by the majority of the reactions I've seen both in MAL the land of trolls and everywhere else, people are starting to see what we are talking about...And I will say it again since some people can't read "This is only the tip of the iceberg"

Next episode is when shit starts to gets real...Nice job confirming that you're one of "those" people though (:
Aug 6, 2014 8:39 PM

Oct 2013
Tokoya said:
-Riptide- said:

Was it before or after that you and your kind missed the parts where me and other manga readers told you guys things like "It gets better as it goes on" or what I've been saying "You will all start to see a glimpse of what we are talking about once episode 4 dropped and onwards...And I can safely say that going by the majority of the reactions I've seen both in MAL the land of trolls and everywhere else, people are starting to see what we are talking about...And I will say it again since some people can't read "This is only the tip of the iceberg"

Next episode is when shit starts to gets real...Nice job confirming that you're one of "those" people though (:

So you consider me a troll for telling you to stop spouting promises about how this show is going to be so fucking awesome if we just keep watching? I know you love the manga and that this show will eventually be good. Just stop saying it will be at every chance you get. Let anime only watchers see that for themselves.
Aug 6, 2014 9:33 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
-Riptide- said:
Tokoya said:

So you consider me a troll for telling you to stop spouting promises about how this show is going to be so fucking awesome if we just keep watching? I know you love the manga and that this show will eventually be good. Just stop saying it will be at every chance you get. Let anime only watchers see that for themselves.
"Those" people range from all sorts of things and I think it's best that I don't say which category you fall under since that will be rude :)

Do you read what you want to see? Because last time I checked, the people we respond to, pretty much asks for it, yeah? Or the common thing in this thread whereas people use certain reasons to judge the entire fucking series such as the first 3 damn episodes or over a character in the first 3 episodes or the ever recurring response "the hype from manga readers" (The one that holds the least weight out of all and is just ridiculous)

Aug 6, 2014 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
Tokoya said:
]Was it before or after that you and your kind missed the parts where me and other manga readers told you guys things like "It gets better as it goes on" or what I've been saying "You will all start to see a glimpse of what we are talking about once episode 4 dropped and onwards...And I can safely say that going by the majority of the reactions I've seen both in MAL the land of trolls and everywhere else, people are starting to see what we are talking about...And I will say it again since some people can't read "This is only the tip of the iceberg"

Yeah you can say that all you want but it doesn't make you a seer, prophet, or "right all along" shaman of wisdom if that's the opinion people reach as they watch. I enjoyed eps 4 and 5 exponentially more than the first 3, but it had nothing to do with manga readers trying to offer positive reinforcement to my criticisms up to that point.

Although on the flip side, it's the responsibility of an anime only viewer to form their own opinions regardless of what the manga readers supposedly promise. for example, I see your "it gets better" as empty buzzing that I've seen in dozens of sub-forums prior to AgK so admittedly I'm responding more out of spite as to how out of proportion this is becoming. My disappointment will never result in hype that I was not a part of (since you can't realistically expect to be in on every popular thing), only the content's shortcomings.

On a bit of a separate note, I heavily disagree with the whole "turn your brain off" mentality. This is a huge cop-out and can be applied to anything. When I watched NGNL, I had my brain on and picked up a few interesting things to reflect on and appreciated it as far more than mindless fun. Maybe AgK isn't going to try to be deep or layered but if I can interpret my own ideas/themes from it then that will enhance my experience.
Aug 6, 2014 10:50 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Tokoya said:
]Was it before or after that you and your kind missed the parts where me and other manga readers told you guys things like "It gets better as it goes on" or what I've been saying "You will all start to see a glimpse of what we are talking about once episode 4 dropped and onwards...And I can safely say that going by the majority of the reactions I've seen both in MAL the land of trolls and everywhere else, people are starting to see what we are talking about...And I will say it again since some people can't read "This is only the tip of the iceberg"

Yeah you can say that all you want but it doesn't make you a seer, prophet, or "right all along" shaman of wisdom if that's the opinion people reach as they watch. I enjoyed eps 4 and 5 exponentially more than the first 3, but it had nothing to do with manga readers trying to offer positive reinforcement to my criticisms up to that point.

Although on the flip side, it's the responsibility of an anime only viewer to form their own opinions regardless of what the manga readers supposedly promise. for example, I see your "it gets better" as empty buzzing that I've seen in dozens of sub-forums prior to AgK so admittedly I'm responding more out of spite as to how out of proportion this is becoming. My disappointment will never result in hype that I was not a part of (since you can't realistically expect to be in on every popular thing), only the content's shortcomings.

On a bit of a separate note, I heavily disagree with the whole "turn your brain off" mentality. This is a huge cop-out and can be applied to anything. When I watched NGNL, I had my brain on and picked up a few interesting things to reflect on and appreciated it as far more than mindless fun. Maybe AgK isn't going to try to be deep or layered but if I can interpret my own ideas/themes from it then that will enhance my experience.
I'm not saying that I am...But even soI'm pretty sure that majority of the fandom (i.e. the manga readers who have actually seen these events unfold) would agree with me =/ My point was that it was going to get better starting with Episode 4 and the bolded statement pretty much shows that we manga readers know what we're talking about when we said things like this time and time again since as I stated earlier, majority of the anime-only watchers that I've seen everywhere had the same opinion as you did

Don't forget that this series was (and technically still is) highly underrated and yet it still managed to have such a high rating (The manga that is) on MAL of all places before the anime aired to give it the exposure that it deserves. This was pretty much an deep underground manga, especially in Japan..But yet again, if the general consensus of something agrees on something, no matter how objective that may seem, it still says quite a lot about said topic

And yes, I agree with you 1000% here (To be honest I agree with a lot of things that you said)....I won't comment on the latter part of your post because of light spoilers though, but you have the right idea of how to go about watching this...We need more people like you visiting this sub forum
Aug 6, 2014 11:16 PM

Mar 2014
6.5/10 not so good as the last episode but hey, it's still a good episode compared to the first two, off all the negative commentators here, i suggest that you either have to read the manga or finish the anime first before you judge this anime because i really believe its a good anime if adapted superbly by whitefox, and also dont give out hints regarding what may happen next, its not a manga thread, its just gonna spoil the anime, alright, anyways i get that many really happen to like esdeath, and i also like her character, but not her sadistic side, also we get to know the past of scheele, which i think is good filler and some introduction of new character, its gonna be action packed next episode, :)
Aug 6, 2014 11:18 PM

Apr 2014
Kuro_master said:
6.5/10 not so good as the last episode but hey, it's still a good episode compared to the first two, off all the negative commentators here, i suggest that you either have to read the manga or finish the anime first before you judge this anime because i really believe its a good anime if adapted superbly by whitefox, and also dont give out hints regarding what may happen next, its not a manga thread, its just gonna spoil the anime, alright, anyways i get that many really happen to like esdeath, and i also like her character, but not her sadistic side, also we get to know the past of scheele, which i think is good filler and some introduction of new character, its gonna be action packed next episode, :)

Well yeah its not a manga thread, so most of them judged/rated/commented on what they saw in five episodes, nothings wrong.
Aug 7, 2014 12:05 AM

Jul 2014
Not a bad episode. Zank's Imperial Arm was a thoughtful way to reveal the need for compatibility with the wielder. Sheele's character development was on point but overshadowed by Esdeath's intro.

Looks like we are starting to get into the meat of the series next episode. Damn, I love a battle between two sides that you can both sympathize with. Makes it so much more involving than "kill the bad guys".
Aug 7, 2014 12:19 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode as always!!!

I love Sheele's voice Mamiko Noto!!! It's been awhile since i last heard her :)

Sheele's backstory is depressing as hell. It seems even at the most dangerous situations, she has remained calmed and clear all the way.

I actually thought she was gonna be yandere out of nowhere XD

The Teigu relic is awesome as hell!! Shame you won't be able to use it now that it will be bring back to headquarters.

I also don't know why Tatsumi keeps clinging that there's a way to revive his friends. Just let it go, You only live once so why bother finding ways to supposedly revive them?

That was thoughtless of him to bring that up in the middle of the meeting.

I knew Kana Hanazawa is Seryuu as soon as she opened her mouth :P

I can't wait to see her go crazy like she did with Tokyo Ghoul as Rize!

Esdeath seems interesting as well!! so can't wait either way!!!

I also didn't know that Amamiya, Sora sang the OP!

So awesome!!

Can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 7, 2014 2:28 AM

Feb 2014
Ok I just want to say that I think -Riptide- might have taken Tokoya's comment a little out of context. He wasn't saying that, "it's going to be soooo good! And it's going to be better than every anime you've seen before! HYPE! HYPE!" I thought what he said was pretty civil there. A lot of people I've encountered all agree that AgK is one of the top shows of the season (from anime-only watchers) and you can tell by its rank that it's getting good reception. That isn't empty promises, but just more stating things that are going on. While giving light praise to the series. Nothing wrong there.

Tokoya said:

I'm glad you guys came to a resolution because I think Tokoya's post was taken out of context again. Tokoya was just pointing out that people are starting see what the manga readers where talking about when we said that things start to get better as the episodes go on. I would hope that anime-only watchers make their own opinions as the episodes accumulate, but I also hope they see that us manga readers weren't hype riddled pansies that didn't know what they were talking about. I swear to god when we say things get good that they get good Trust me, I wouldn't say next episode should be good if I really didn't think so. Me and Tokoya at least are not trying to over glorify it, but rather just give people hope/excitement for the future. Still, it's best to form your own opinion on it and I'm glad that no outside opinions influence your (Ratohnhaketon) opinions because they shouldn't. You gotta see it to believe it after all.

Anyways,
@Tokoya I definitely agree with the manga being a little niche (not so much underrated because it's rated pretty well. #70 is pretty damn good lol) and it's nice to see the anime getting popular and getting the spotlight it deserves.

@Ratohnhaketon I agreed with pretty much everything you said and I stated some other things above as you probably saw, but I very much agree with your "turn the brain off" argument. I don't think I could have said it better myself. Shows don't need to be incredibly deep to be good. I thought Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood had a pretty straight forward storyline, but I fucking loved it and it's ranked #1 here on MAL and rightfully so.
LoomyTheBrewAug 7, 2014 2:32 AM
Aug 7, 2014 4:01 AM

Apr 2013
jonnyhan said:
annie_leonheart said:

And here on planet earth we don't get Nen abilities no matter how hard we train and we can't kamehameha people...

What your doing is actually worse... your comparing shounen characters to real life people.

Your responses just mean you lack reading comprehension and ability to reason. I did not compare any cartoon to real life people, it was someone else who tried to justify it with a weak real life example and I just shot it down. And btw, there are tons of things anime do that are unrealistic, but often the GOOD anime at least portray many things as realistic within the world of that anime. The bad ones are extremely inconsistent.

"Often the GOOD anime at least portray things as realistic within the world of that anime." Dang, the subjective-ness of your statement is strong here, any evidence to back up and elaborate to?

Gotta agree with you though, how the hell did Nen abilities and kamekameha come into this.
Aug 7, 2014 4:17 AM

Jul 2014
kikohunter said:
It's rather simple like others have said this show isn't a masterpiece, it's not amazingly well written or anything of the sort. It's just pure FUN, reminder that you don't need the story of the millenium to be entertained by something. Reminder that you don't need amazing character development or really well written chracters to enjoy something. If you want to enjoy AgK, just turn your brain off and go with the flow that's it. You don't have to overthink anything or everything, if you want to play critic or feel the need to analyze every second of a show then just stop watching AgK and go enjoy some other anime.

That's just the thing. You don't have to turn your brain off like with say FLCL. It's a straightforward story, like FMA, where you follow Tatsumi and Night Raid in taking down this oppressive and corrupted empire. Yes, you're not going to look at it and say its amazingly written that gets you analyzing the themes but the writing is just fine. The characters do follow certain tropes like all anime characters do and while the character development could be done better you still get attached to them. It is a fun series to watch/read that keeps you guessing as to whats going to happen next. The point is, just because its not a masterpiece does not mean its mindless.
Aug 7, 2014 5:08 AM

Apr 2014
Botato said:
-Riptide- said:
What's so impressive about Esdeath anyway? From what I gathered from the forums she's just
Well I'll probably see in the upcoming episodes.
Oh boy.
Now the reason people are excited about her is obvious -_-

Spot on my friend
Aug 7, 2014 6:54 AM

Feb 2013
You can always trust the discussion threads for this show to give you a good laugh. You have the wannabe critics complaining about how bad the show is and over-analysing the crap out of it in order to find something to criticise, and then you have the fanboys trying to defend the show by claiming it gets good later on (whatever that means).
Curiosity_1Aug 7, 2014 8:08 AM
Aug 7, 2014 7:01 AM

Sep 2013
LeFlower-kun said:

Gotta agree with you though, how the hell did Nen abilities and kamekameha come into this.

Happened when someone took a shounen anime too seriously.

I admit when i read the comment again this morning i thought it was indeed a bad one. My apologies to jonnyhan on that one.
Aug 7, 2014 8:44 PM

Nov 2012
Oh man it's Seryuu, I can't wait to watch her in action!!!

This anime adaptation is really on point, I like it. Can't wait for next episode, I can already tell where they're going to let the cliff hang (see what I did there, funny, right??)

I thought they'd made Sheele look cuter when her glasses came off, but it was good.

I wonder if the studio is going to change the op/ed as the story goes on, and I gotta say, I love the OST.
UsaraDarkAug 7, 2014 8:48 PM
Aug 8, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2010
Like hell i would give them back that imperial arm Zank was using.Who cares if it can paralyze or even kill me, i can see some pantsu with it goddamit.Pantsu!
Aug 8, 2014 2:43 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I have brought gifts for everyone =P

And this one is quite special

Aug 8, 2014 2:45 PM

Apr 2014
Tokoya said:

First one I'll give a 10/10! Without the text, 11/10. >:D
Aug 8, 2014 4:29 PM

Apr 2012
Tokoya said:

I was wondering why you put the 2nd one on spoiler...and "ahh," was what I got after a bit of thinking. :P
and no personal comment on those pics, I'm not the type to stare at those kind of images. (¬_¬)ノ

A lot of stuff sure went on in previous pages... few more days until the next episode...
I couldn't complete Hunter x Hunter characters in Shironeko Project... 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
Aug 8, 2014 5:47 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, don't you dare to Kill my KanaHana.
Still, I love how this can go from full serious to fan-service stuff.
Just need to tone down the ways villians act, what's up with that disgusting meat.
Aug 8, 2014 5:53 PM

Dec 2013
Esdese is a bitch but her seiyuu sounds nice.
Can't wait for next ep.
Aug 8, 2014 6:04 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
hivekiller said:
Tokoya said:

First one I'll give a 10/10! Without the text, 11/10. >:D
Same here lol

HiddenEL said:
Tokoya said:

I was wondering why you put the 2nd one on spoiler...and "ahh," was what I got after a bit of thinking. :P
and no personal comment on those pics, I'm not the type to stare at those kind of images. (¬_¬)ノ

A lot of stuff sure went on in previous pages... few more days until the next episode...
Huehuehue =P

Awwwww, come on lol xDD and yes...A lot happened and I'm glad that I was barely apart of it lol (until the end >.< )
Aug 8, 2014 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
Haha nice present there Tokoya.
Aug 8, 2014 11:21 PM

Jan 2010
LoomyTheBrew said:
jonnyhan said:

Are you kidding me man? You are telling him and us to just take the material as it is shown without critique. The little justification you have there is silly, I am sorry to say. I don't know how much sports you have played, but tall men who get on basketball court for the first time cannot even properly dunk while running. Even something that simple needs a some practice and proper hand to eye coordination. This character is someone with a very poor control over her own body according to the mangaka.

Forgot to reply to this directly.

First off, I played Basketball during High School (though, I was like 7th man on my team, I never started. But I know the game well.) and I was a very talented Track/Cross Country runner in High School. So I've played plenty of sports. I'm not saying they're dunking or making 3 pointers lol, why the hell would you jump to that? I was just saying that they are able to move the ball around, dribble correctly, perform some attacks on the basket, and make some plays happen (simple ones though). They're athletic and they can make certain plays work. If they were playing a trained Bball player, they would get their ass handled to them, but against rookies just like themselves, they can be good in that designated group.

Sheele is similar. Like I said before, this is a fantasy world where all people have the potential to have superhuman-like strength and agility. So, Sheele has a talent in that field. She's athletic and it's easier for her to grasp on it. Just like the rookie example I said before, Sheele fought against weak gang members that barely had any strength or skill themselves, so it's no wonder Sheele took them down with natural talent alone. If she was facing a trained solider, she probably would have gotten killed easily.

Another thing, people are different outside of their sport. She's a bit of a airhead and clumsy, but when she's in her assassin mode, it's totally different. It's like turning on a switch. When your on the heat of the game (Basketball for instances), you perform things differently and your true talent is shown. I had teammates in Bball that I wondered how the hell they get through the day because they could be so stupid (I mean that in the utmost respect because I loved my former teammates), but when they were playing Basketball, it was like a totally different person. Like a switch turning on.

What I'm trying to get at here is that certain things like clumsiness or being an airhead doesn't always correlate when you're playing a sport (in the case being an assassin and killing people, though that's her sport per se).

You seem like a good kid, my suggestion to you would be not to expend so much time responding to my posts. Because no matter how you justify it when I watch this anime it is my brain that forms as opinion and that opinion is highly dependent on the other forms of video that involve storytelling. I am used to watching a lot of movies, anime, series with substance. Based on the recommendations I got, I gave this one a try and it falls short by miles. And no, I cannot think of a good anime in which a supposed master gets defeated by an amateur with a lame grappling move (ep 2) and a complete rookie destroys his opponents.

I will continue watching it because it has become a show I love to criticize. Peace.
Aug 9, 2014 12:14 PM
Jan 2014
Tokoya said:

Tatsumi is going to have a very, very exciting night.
Aug 9, 2014 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
jonnyhan said:
I will continue watching it because it has become a show I love to criticize. Peace.

Thats kinda stupid.
Aug 9, 2014 1:59 PM
May 2014
Jenkof1993 said:
jonnyhan said:

Thats kinda stupid.

Kind of like the majority of anime fanbase.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Aug 9, 2014 3:20 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jenkof1993 said:
jonnyhan said:

Thats kinda stupid.
Not kinda, it is

I will never understand people like that *facepalm*

Fullmetal89 said:
Haha nice present there Tokoya.
You're welcome =P

-Resident- said:
Tokoya said:

Tatsumi is going to have a very, very exciting night.
Haha =3
Aug 9, 2014 3:31 PM

Oct 2012
Jenkof1993 said:
jonnyhan said:

Thats kinda stupid.

Nah this show is like the popcorn show of the season, its really easy to pick apart and it has a lot of fans. Basically this is how I feel every time I go to the discussion threads
FeaorAug 9, 2014 3:55 PM
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1212 by Zoopiez »»
Jun 8, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.