Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Dec 20, 2014 2:05 AM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Man im gonna be devestated if this sucks cause this shit gets me hyped like no other

I just cant get over how much they ruined that Audi. God that car is ugly now.

But yeah aside from that those trailers are just so nothing saying. I still cant say what the gameplay is gonna be like cause its all so cinematic and scripted toghter, and without the HUD I cant really know. Wish they would just release a 10 min straight up Gameplay trailer with all the UI elements and everything and let some random guy play it.
Dec 20, 2014 2:42 AM

Apr 2012
Is Cindy supposed to be a reference to Cid?

XV trailer looks pretty good, however it will take some pretty awesome announcements for it to trump the hype of Xenoblade X and ZeldaU. My hype for those is unparalleled to any other game.
Dec 20, 2014 4:52 AM

Feb 2008
I'm still waiting for a twist that the gameplay is actually turn based or at least like Rogue Galaxy ;_;

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 20, 2014 5:53 AM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
I'm still waiting for a twist that the gameplay is actually turn based or at least like Rogue Galaxy ;_;

From the way it looks its more like some sort of Batman style gameplay with skills thrown in. So MMO combat mixed in with Batman gameplay. Sorta.
Dec 20, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
As long as I get to skip cutscenes and mute out dialogue, that's fine. Man, is the English voice over horrendous.
Dec 25, 2014 9:28 AM

Sep 2011
SSC_Exin said:
Is Cindy supposed to be a reference to Cid?
tabata confirmed she is this games cid
baki502 said:
ZetaZaku said:

From the way it looks its more like some sort of Batman style gameplay with skills thrown in. So MMO combat mixed in with Batman gameplay. Sorta.
from the way they described it its nothing of the sort. You chose the set up weapons you switch between, change the direction and attack pattern with the directional buttons (like tales of) and have skills for each weapon with the partner interactions draining MP

also im hyped for this but much more worried gameplay wise, i think the story looks great though and hopefully that will carry it if the gameplay does end up clunky, its also interesting to see a M rated game from this series

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 25, 2014 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
Just finished Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies on the 3DS a few hours ago. I guess I'm one of the first persons to admit that I'm a big fan of the series... and well, even though there were a few things I did not like (mainly the absence of certain characters in this game that I actually expected to show up again, as well as the kind of abrupt resolution of the final case), it's actually been a fun ride yet again. Also has some genuinely entertaining new characters, and actually made me appreciate Apollo Justice. A shame Capcom never bothered to translate it, though...
Dec 26, 2014 2:03 PM

Feb 2012
For all you guys and gals riding the Xenoblade X hype train, have a little taste of the soundtrack for free!

http://xenobladex.jp/media/xeno_sound2.mp3

God bless based Sawano
Dec 26, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
SSC_Exin said:

from the way they described it its nothing of the sort. You chose the set up weapons you switch between, change the direction and attack pattern with the directional buttons (like tales of) and have skills for each weapon with the partner interactions draining MP

also im hyped for this but much more worried gameplay wise, i think the story looks great though and hopefully that will carry it if the gameplay does end up clunky, its also interesting to see a M rated game from this series

Well still sounds kind of like how I described it. With Batmanstyle I meant the "stickyness" or "magnet" like combat. As in it seems that by switching directions of your attack the character automatically attacks the closest enemy to the direction you pressed. And well weapon skills. The partner interaction thing seems to be the only new thing to me, atleast I cant think of something similar done in a action game before.

That said they ought to release a proper gameplay video to really say for sure.
Dec 26, 2014 2:46 PM

Feb 2014
Reialgo said:
For all you guys and gals riding the Xenoblade X hype train, have a little taste of the soundtrack for free!

http://xenobladex.jp/media/xeno_sound2.mp3

God bless based Sawano

I don't know, for some reason everything Sawano composes sounds the same to me. Shame it's Wii U only, or else I might have boarded the hype train. (Heck, I never had the chance to play Xenoblade either even though I'm really interested in it.)
Dec 26, 2014 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
Eh I can understand that, though admittedly I have a fairly high tolerance for repetition I am hoping he kinda branches out a bit more for this ost, like he did in Kill la kill.

Give dolphin emulator a whirl if you can get it to work, thus you can pick up the Wii title for free!
Dec 26, 2014 3:05 PM

Feb 2014
I'm honestly not too keen on playing on an emulator (I did a few times in the past, but mainly for games that never got an official translation and therefore needed a patch), but I might give it a try in the future. Not now though, given that they announced a Xenoblade port for the New 3DS. I have no intention of buying one just yet, but my 3DS already is older than two years (and I've already seen a fair share of portable gaming systems that broke after such a short time), so if it ends up breaking down and the port receives favorable reviews, I'll pick the legal option instead. Support for the devs and all.
Dec 26, 2014 4:47 PM

Feb 2012
Neat, I already own xenoblade so I was fine trying out dolphin, it's certainly a boon to see xenoblade rendered in an hd resolution. As for the N3ds I mean to pick it up somewhat soonish(aussie import works for EU) I'm hoping the second stick is actually usable so that I don't have to lug around a dual stick pro to play monster hunter.
Jan 10, 2015 5:37 AM

Feb 2008
Finished the Tantei Opera Milky Holmes VN game for PSP. Was kinda short, took me roughly 6 hours to finish, but it was mostly straightforward without pointless dialogues that bloat the game. Compared to the TV show, the Milkies were really serious and had completely different personalities. Even the Phantom Thief Empire was more serious, but Twenty is Twenty. He didn't flash his nipples, but his lines were still hilarious. The game was split into six episodes, each featuring a different case.

Jan 27, 2015 11:18 PM

Mar 2009
Started Tales of Zestiria tonight. It's pretty fun so far. I wish I could play more than an hour, but I gotta study now. It was waiting for me all day, but I had to work a double shift. :(
Jan 28, 2015 8:38 AM

Apr 2012
Lucky, I have to wait til the dub's out to play that one. Pretty hyped for it though, at least it seems to be better than the abomination that was Graces and mediocrity that was Xillia.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Feb 5, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2012
Let the hype train begin.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Feb 5, 2015 1:19 PM

Aug 2009
YO YO YO MOTHERFUCKERS WE STARTED A STEAM GROUP. WE FIGURED A LOT OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ARE ON MOTHERFUCKING STEAM SO WHY NOT MOTHERFUCKING JOIN THIS MOTHERFUCKING GROUP. MOTHERFUCKER.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/uberelitists

ArcherSushi said:
Let the hype train begin.

Tuxedo Mask as MC confirmed. Catherine much?

GIT HYPE SON.
dietmangoFeb 5, 2015 1:28 PM
Feb 5, 2015 1:43 PM

Jul 2008
nickienator16 seconds ago

Looks like shit. Drop the trope-riddled anime shit games for dumb otaku already and make more real MegaTen, ATLUS.

Feb 5, 2015 4:09 PM

Apr 2012
Nickienator said:
real MegaTen

sushiisawesomeFeb 5, 2015 4:12 PM
- Oreki, Hyouka
Feb 6, 2015 12:59 AM

Feb 2014
Well, at the very least it'll help shut up the Persona fanboys for a bit who're always complaining about 'Where is my Persona 5'? I do prefer the mainline, though it's not like I'm particularily against Persona. If it sells well, it only helps Atlus in the long run anyways.
A few things I've read up on the game so far: the two partners seem to be called Ryuji Sakamoto and Ann Takagami, and Ann in particular kinda reminds me of Lisa from P2:IS. The cat is apparently called Morgana.
What I considered sort of interesting is that there's separate slots for weapon and gun, and that no Personas were summoned during the trailer. Some are actually spectulating that the characters kinda turn into their Personas in combat similar to how DDS did it, based on the last scene in the PV.
Feb 6, 2015 3:49 AM

Apr 2012
HitsuWTG said:
Well, at the very least it'll help shut up the Persona fanboys for a bit who're always complaining about 'Where is my Persona 5'?

To be fair, I've waited for 6 years for this trailer to come out (some fans have waited since 2008).
The spin-offs only made the fans more impatient. Pretty reminiscent of how hyped people were over SMT IV (on certain boards, you could find SMT fans whining about how they haven't gotten SMT V yet).

HitsuWTG said:
I do prefer the mainline, though it's not like I'm particularily against Persona. If it sells well, it only helps Atlus in the long run anyways.

I'm not a big fan of the main timeline (with the exception of Strange Journey).
My order for how much I like MegaTen goes something like this:

- Persona (P3+P4)
- Devil Survivor
- Digital Devil Saga
- SMT (except Nocturne), Devil Summoner
- Persona (P1+P2 duology)
- SMT (Nocturne). Nocturne is a good game with a nice setting, but holy hell is the plot and the "characters" (or lack thereof) atrocious.

I agree on it making more money for ATLUS, but I'd prefer we'd be done with the milking of P3 and P4 and move the hell on. Though I'm pretty sure ATLUS won't agree.

HitsuWTG said:
A few things I've read up on the game so far: the two partners seem to be called Ryuji Sakamoto and Ann Takagami, and Ann in particular kinda reminds me of Lisa from P2:IS. The cat is apparently called Morgana.
What I considered sort of interesting is that there's separate slots for weapon and gun, and that no Personas were summoned during the trailer. Some are actually spectulating that the characters kinda turn into their Personas in combat similar to how DDS did it, based on the last scene in the PV.

That'd be pretty awesome. I really like the fact that it looks and feels completely different from any Persona (or hell, MegaTen) game so far. I like that we're back to fighting demons too, combat should be pretty sweet.
sushiisawesomeApr 3, 2015 5:25 AM
- Oreki, Hyouka
Feb 6, 2015 5:43 AM

Apr 2012
Oh man, the Xenoblade X Chronicles stream just got me even more hyped for the game. The map is separated into 5 biomes (Plains/grassland, Forest, Ice, Fire and desert), each of which are absolutely huge probably each map is close to the size of Bionis and Mechonis put together, and they all look amazing. And, there are diverse options for travelling and how to get around the otherwise daunting map. The aerial camera to survey surrounding, navigation ball that acts like a GPS, DOLL travel (both land and air) and walk/running/jumping. Normally the ability to fly takes away from the experience of the map, allowing you to bypass terrain and take the 'easy' way. However, some areas are only accessible though flight, and the sheer size of the maps probably warrants some 'fast' way to travel besides skip travelling.

And from the small portion of the mobs shown in this stream, I am very impressed. The mobs look amazing. And there are such a wide range of different species and their behavioral patterns all differing, it's great. I can't wait to explore for myself.

I really like the utilization of the gamepad, and not in a way that seems intrusive. It really feels like a centralized hub screen, where it serves a purpose rather than just being another screen where you play the game off of. On that note, the UI looks improved from Xenoblade Chronicles. The quest, I believe, shows you the affinity impact as it's happening as well as just cleaning up the general interface.

NLA (the hub town) looks like a GTA map but with mechas and floating spaceships. The terrain looks amazing, especially the sneak peak at the Superb Views/Secret Locations just really made me want to explore the world.

Apparently 300 hours to finish both main quest and side quest. And I'm sure to 100% this when it comes out. The hype train stops for nothing!

Can't wait for the Xenoblade nerds to start dissecting this. I can't wait.
Feb 6, 2015 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
I love Xenogears and Xenosaga, but I don't think I'll be able to play Xenoblade Chronicles. Y'know, not having a Wii U and all.

On an unrelated note, I wonder how good is Tales of Zestiria.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Feb 6, 2015 6:27 AM

Apr 2012
Since the game hasn't been released yet, I can't say Xenoblade X is can be the sole reason for a WiiU investment. But, if anyone is ever looking for a console, I would highly recommend a WiiU. Fantastic array of games.

I do highly recommend Xenoblade Chronicles, you can emulate it using Dolphin, works well, requires some amount of PC power, but nothing too strenuous (needs more for the HD mods, obviously).

Xenoblade X stream gifs, maps and stuff or just watch it yourself.
Forest Biome

Desert Biome

Lava/Fire Biome

DOLL transition from air to land/water

Sorry for overdoing the Xenoblade fanboyism, but hard to keep it in.
Feb 6, 2015 6:56 AM

Feb 2012
No apologies required exin! I didn't even know there was an X specific stream going down, it looks so god damned good, monolith soft's art design is amazing in HD

Good thing I have monsta hunta next week to distract me or the hype might just consume my soul
Feb 6, 2015 7:26 AM

Jul 2008
HitsuWTG said:
If it sells well, it only helps Atlus in the long run anyways.

Who cares?

"This artist makes very high quality artwork, but it doesn't sell very well. He has also started making low quality anal sex toys. A lot of dumb people like sticking badly made stuff up their ass, so his sex toys do sell very well. The artist is a super cool guy though, so instead of stopping with his art altogether and focusing on his lucrative anal dildo business, he has decided to paint his art on sex toys to make his art profitable as well. As a special little extra for the fans of his artwork he will put all of his art dildos in his unwashed asshole for a short time, pull the work out and shit on it before it's ready to be boxed up and sold to art and anal sex toy fans alike."

Feb 6, 2015 8:06 AM

Sep 2011
X looks so good but im unbelievably dissapointed by the fact they chose to make the main character a silent protagonist....WHY what is the possibler benefit to doing this. Silent protagonists only work when you dont follow a linear story but rather you make your own like how fallout 1, 2, and new vegas were.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 9, 2015 4:27 AM

Feb 2014
There's been some more infos on P5 in this week's Famitsu, by the way. The Persona of the MC seems to be Arsene as in Arsene Lupin... I tip my hat to you, Atlus.
Feb 9, 2015 10:14 AM

Apr 2012
HitsuWTG said:
The Persona of the MC seems to be Arsene as in Arsene Lupin... I tip my hat to you, Atlus.

I'm even more hyped. This is going to be great.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 2, 2015 12:04 PM

Apr 2012
I'm playing through Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.
I declare that it's one of the most underrated games ever, and anyone interested in a quality video game story should play it. You will not be disappointed.
I'm probably going to try the Ys games after this, let's see how it ends up.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 3, 2015 6:58 AM

Jul 2013
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WA27Ofu6tIw
This was so hard to watch. Also that's pretty much half of what the game was. Hahaha!
Mar 3, 2015 9:44 AM

Apr 2012
HAHAHA, that's gold Nagisa.
I completely lost it when he
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 7, 2015 5:46 AM
Oct 2011
Did you guys praise Sengoku Rance enough yet? :D
Apr 3, 2015 5:01 AM

Apr 2012
ATLUS, you masterful trolls, HAHAHAHA.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Apr 3, 2015 6:32 AM

Aug 2014

I sure hoped that this would NOT happen...
Apr 3, 2015 8:57 AM

Feb 2008

At first I thought it was some Conception 3 or other weeb shit. Then I saw that it's actually Persona Emblem ;_;

Apr 3, 2015 10:04 AM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:

At first I thought it was some Conception 3 or other weeb shit. Then I saw that it's actually Persona Emblem ;_;

Apparently it's a new MegaTen sub-series with Fire Emblem elements.
And, uh, yeah, it hardly resembles MegaTen.
Looks like the SMT fanbase is raging so hard right now.
And Persona was at least undeniably a MegaTen game, I have no clue how this connects to the franchise.
sushiisawesomeApr 3, 2015 10:11 AM
- Oreki, Hyouka
Apr 3, 2015 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
Am I the only one that thinks it could be an April Fools joke? I mean, I dont follow neither series, but look at the date. Dont trust anything released on that date. Anything.
Apr 3, 2015 11:02 AM

Aug 2009
baki502 said:
Am I the only one that thinks it could be an April Fools joke? I mean, I dont follow neither series, but look at the date. Dont trust anything released on that date. Anything.

I was thinking the same. But then again, I am also not familiar with either of them, so I'm only basing this on my distrust for anything announced on April 1.
Apr 3, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2012
metamorphius said:
baki502 said:

I was thinking the same. But then again, I am also not familiar with either of them, so I'm only basing this on my distrust for anything announced on April 1.

The gameplay is a blend of SMT and Fire Emblem, the art-style is done by Fire
Emblem's folks, and the title in Japan is "Megami Ibonroku" FE, so out of the question.
Also, it's too well done to be an April Fool's joke.
Sides, aren't you supposed to reveal it's an April's Fool joke the moment the day's done? Otherwise the joke is just a mean prank.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Apr 3, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
Maybe they're enjoying the fans tears too much to reveal it. Yeah, you're right, if it hasn't been revealed as a joke by now, it most likely isn't.
I know it's not fun for the fans, but as an outsider, I like the raging it's garnered. I'm seeing it all around the net.
Apr 3, 2015 1:21 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah the SMT fanbase is just livid right now because Persona just took over the crossover.

As for us Fire Emblem fans, we're mostly just confused as to what we saw. With the bubbly j-pop and super anime designs, we weren't expecting this to be Fire Emblem related at all. And most of us couldn't recognize any characters besides Tiki at first glance, but we eventually figured them out. And once things settled down, we became pretty split between optimism and disgust. Quite a few of us are disappointed that it looks like it'll be more "SMT" focused with Fire Emblem characters being relegated to Personas or something like that.

I can't say I enjoy the new designs of Idolmaster Caeda or stripper Lyn, but l may forgive it if the gameplay is good. Looks to be SMT-based gameplay and l'm more of a tactical RPG guy, so l might be a bit disappointed in this regard. But who knows, it might have some Fire Emblem game mechanics (and hopefully not Awakening waifu BS), so there can still be something for me here.
heavylobsterguyApr 3, 2015 3:21 PM
Apr 3, 2015 3:08 PM

Feb 2012
Hehe, they released the animated trailer with ingame graphics on a nintendo direct, there was no way it was a joke

Anyhow, I'm really just rolling my eyes at the disgusted crowd, dissapointment surio but disgust is pretty strong. It looks fun, though I am pretty dissapoint that the trailer made it look like a Fire emblem skin for a persona game
Apr 3, 2015 4:53 PM

Feb 2008
I was hoping for a Fire Emblem game with SMT lore (kinda like Persona Q was Etrian Odyssey with Persona characters). This way they removed the whole Fire Emblem appeal, since it's going to be a standard RPG, with gameplay resembling Grandia.

Liking both franchises, I'll still give it a try someday in the future, but pirated of course. After all this, I don't think it deserves a purchase. I'd rather support the FEif bullshit than this.

May 2, 2015 2:36 AM

Feb 2014
So... is anybody else suddenly legitimately getting hyped about at least one part of Fire Emblem: if?
I admit I'm not that fond of Intelligent Systems splitting it into multiple games, but given what we know of the Nohr side so far, I'm actually willing to forgive them for that. Now I just hope the Nohr side sells well enough that they'll keep doing it like this side does in the future.
One more Hoshido rejected.
May 2, 2015 6:14 AM

Oct 2011
HitsuWTG said:
So... is anybody else suddenly legitimately getting hyped about at least one part of Fire Emblem: if?
I admit I'm not that fond of Intelligent Systems splitting it into multiple games, but given what we know of the Nohr side so far, I'm actually willing to forgive them for that. Now I just hope the Nohr side sells well enough that they'll keep doing it like this side does in the future.
One more Hoshido rejected.

I haven't had time to look into much vidya as of late, but I did check this out last night. I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm hyped, but I am certainly interested in the new titles. I might consider buying both if the reception is good enough.
May 2, 2015 12:44 PM

Feb 2008
“Both factions have their own attractive characters, so that will be one of the charms to consider while making your choice,” adds Higuchi.

Haha this made me laugh more than I should have. The most important thing about vidya. For western games it's gay characters, and for Japanese games it's "attractive" characters.

Jun 5, 2015 5:45 AM

Apr 2012
Trails in the Sky is 50% off on gog.com right now if anyone is interested:
http://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky
Jun 5, 2015 6:34 AM

Apr 2012
baki502 said:
Trails in the Sky is 50% off on gog.com right now if anyone is interested:
http://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky

Already bought it, still waiting for SC to be out.
At some point in time.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

32 by Ducat_Revel »»
Jul 17, 5:02 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.