Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Nov 14, 2012 7:12 PM

Nov 2009
TheFactSheet said:
MagicFlier said:
TheFactSheet said:
not to mention, where's the main story even just a hint of it?

There were a lot of hints so far... probably over 8 for all the episodes till now, there was actually a scene or two during Komari's arc, you just havent noticed, rather i don't think they want you to notice until you find out the 'main story' that you speak of. Probably the only really noticeable hint so far was the one in episode 2.

-- NO, NO... i'm comparing first arc to another first arc of other adapted key anime. meaning, komari arc to fuuko arc and makoto arc.

on main story, you are talking like that because you have know the source VN... you know already those hints and what are those you cant point this and that. but how about the majority of fans that are clueless about the VN like me? clannad and kanon manage to show the (hint of the) story within this same amount of episodes and that even those who dont have a knowledge about the source VN got it... in my case, i dont even need to spoil myself with the help of wiki because of that. "they dont want you to notice"? WHAT?!!! i dont know what to say... so the anime then is for VN players ONLY huh if that statement is to be followed?

-- anyway, the fact it was rushed will stay as rushed. some folks in 2ch agree.

Clannad did show noticeable hints that actually viewers who didn't know the story didn't notice too,

As well as for Kanon,

TheFactSheet said:
clannad and kanon manage to show the (hint of the) story within this same amount of episodes and that even those who dont have a knowledge about the source VN got it...

I don't know how you were able to hint out the main story from such vague hints...

RANDOM FACT: Kanon and Clannad all have 5 heroines/arcs, but Little Busters has 6 heroines/arcs in it, meaning an extra heroine here compared to the older ones C8
MagicFlierNov 15, 2012 5:25 PM
Nov 14, 2012 9:32 PM

Feb 2012
^^Technically since they're supposedly doing all the Heroines/arcs, it's 9 compared to 5 ^_^
Nov 14, 2012 11:03 PM

Jun 2008
Found myself crying as a baby by the end of the episode. And I already read the VN.
Can't wait for the next ep

Nov 15, 2012 1:46 AM

Dec 2011

SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE xD

This Ayu's non..... is a major spoiler xD
akutasame94Nov 16, 2012 8:40 AM
Nov 15, 2012 2:12 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah. Please put that in spoilers. That will spoil for those who haven't watch Kanon and/or going to watch Kanon. :X

Well, Akutasame, that doesn't change from your quote. :D

Nov 15, 2012 11:29 AM

Dec 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Yeah. Please put that in spoilers. That will spoil for those who haven't watch Kanon and/or going to watch Kanon. :X

I know, but who cares xD
Nov 15, 2012 11:51 AM
Jul 2012
akutasame94 said:
Sa-chan_ said:

I know, but who cares xD

if someone didn't watch kanon by now it's there own loss, it's way past the stature pod limitations. besides i consider kanon keys worst work anyways. as far as visual novel goes anyways, otherwise probably angel beats.
blasterionNov 15, 2012 11:55 AM
Nov 15, 2012 11:57 AM

Dec 2011
blasterion said:
akutasame94 said:
Sa-chan_ said:

I know, but who cares xD

if someone didn't watch kanon by now it's there own loss, it's way past the stature pod limitations. besides i consider kanon keys worst work anyways. as far as visual novel goes anyways, otherwise probably angel beats.

Angel Beats was done by Jun Maeda, rest of the Key staff had nothing to do, or a little to do with it ;) And it was awesome xD
Nov 15, 2012 8:09 PM
Dec 2007
akutasame94 said:
blasterion said:
akutasame94 said:
Sa-chan_ said:

I know, but who cares xD

Angel Beats was done by Jun Maeda, rest of the Key staff had nothing to do, or a little to do with it ;) And it was awesome xD
It's part of Visual Arts portfolio though. That's like saying it's unoficially Key's too. That said, Kanon spoilers? It's been what, 7 years now?

Nov 15, 2012 9:37 PM

May 2012
Nice end to this arc. Next one should be a good one.
Nov 16, 2012 3:45 AM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
akutasame94 said:
blasterion said:
akutasame94 said:
Sa-chan_ said:

I know, but who cares xD

It's part of Visual Arts portfolio though. That's like saying it's unoficially Key's too. That said, Kanon spoilers? It's been what, 7 years now?

Well there are still people who want to watch it :D
Nov 16, 2012 3:57 AM

Oct 2012
haha, well the original post is already spoiler tagged so if you remove that part of your post, mission complete!

If someone who has yet played kanon saw it, mission failed. Bad end, go back to title screen.
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Nov 16, 2012 5:21 AM

Sep 2011
akutasame94 said:
Leon-Gun said:
akutasame94 said:
blasterion said:
akutasame94 said:
Sa-chan_ said:

I know, but who cares xD

>Currently watching Kanon.

THE SPOILERS. Good thing I didn't click or read em.
Nov 16, 2012 6:25 AM
Jul 2012
akutasame94 said:
Leon-Gun said:
akutasame94 said:
blasterion said:
akutasame94 said:
Sa-chan_ said:

I know, but who cares xD

Stature of Limitations, It's something I think we can talk about openly given the years that passed by (Kanon came out in 1999), it's a popular work that most people read, if you haven't read it by now =/, It's not as if this was some obscure work like Euphoria or Koichoco or Yukizakura, it was legit a big name VN.
blasterionNov 16, 2012 6:36 AM
Nov 16, 2012 5:30 PM

Oct 2011
The best episode since the series began!! Love this episode!! Although the problem is resolved quite fast!!
Signature
Nov 16, 2012 5:32 PM

Sep 2011
It's just because JC Staff is rushing things out.

Nov 17, 2012 4:07 AM
Sep 2009
drop
Nov 17, 2012 4:44 AM

Oct 2012
Inver said:
drop

I really do hope that you don't drop. It kinda kills me inside when I see someone who loved clannad dropping this and missing out on this beautiful story. It is saddening when there is one less person to enjoys shedding tears of youth with. :'(
However its your decision in the end. Maybe you can approach this show back again when if finishes to appreciate its beauty. :)
Nov 17, 2012 5:35 AM
Jul 2012
Inver said:
drop

ok
Nov 17, 2012 6:32 PM

Nov 2011
Nope. Other than the flash-backs about the brother, I found this episode kind of boring. Komari's whining was just too ear-piercing...
Nov 19, 2012 2:15 PM

Aug 2008
Heartwarming episode. Komari's arc was decent although the execution was a bit iffy at some parts.
I'm actually glad they didn't dwell too much on Komari's arc because her arc is fairly simple to understand.
Not counting Refrain, Rin 1 and 2, Haruka's and maybe Mio's arc is a bit more complicated imo so it would be best if they invested more efforts there.
darkerealmNov 19, 2012 2:18 PM
Nov 20, 2012 10:04 AM

Sep 2011
ohmystars said:
Nope. Other than the flash-backs about the brother, I found this episode kind of boring. Komari's whining was just too ear-piercing...

unfeeling much
Nov 20, 2012 8:15 PM

May 2012
NOW THAT WAS A MASTERPIECE!
Nov 23, 2012 4:43 PM

Sep 2010
Brigandi said:
ohmystars said:

unfeeling much

Stop whining about Komari's whining.. lol
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Nov 27, 2012 3:18 PM

Mar 2012
Small question:

Are the other girl's route as sad as this one?
Nov 27, 2012 3:29 PM

Oct 2012
Khalan3 said:
Small question:

It will depend on you but for me, I found the other ones more sadder.
Nov 27, 2012 5:15 PM
Jul 2012
Khalan3 said:
Small question:

Much
Nov 30, 2012 9:15 AM

Apr 2009
eltonsu999 said:
Khalan3 said:
Small question:

Hopefully because this one didn't touch me at all, I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt and say that they probably just did a crappy job cramping it into 4 episodes and the visual novel would probably affect me more if i read it.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Nov 30, 2012 9:54 AM
Jul 2012
biitchstick said:
eltonsu999 said:
Khalan3 said:
Small question:

Hopefully because this one didn't touch me at all, I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt and say that they probably just did a crappy job cramping it into 4 episodes and the visual novel would probably affect me more if i read it.

I think it's just a crappy route to begin with
Dec 11, 2012 5:17 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm, a few nice touches to Komari's route. It's a shame it had to be rushed in three episodes, but with only 26 episodes to deal with every girl's route - it can't be helped, I guess. Could Haru-chin's route be next?

Oh man, it's so good to hear Song for Friends ~instrumental~ again.
Dec 12, 2012 10:38 AM

Aug 2011
Such an emotional episode. I was teary at the end, Alicemagic is such a great closing song along with Komari's recovery.
Feb 17, 2013 9:14 AM
Nov 2011
Wow.

This anime made me cray..... twice.... already.....
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 22, 2013 11:46 AM

Sep 2010
xMaebaraK1x said:
symbv said:
I love the hugging scene at the end, but VN readers seem to be saying there are more hugging scenes but are cut out??

And next week Haruchin's route will begin it seems !

Riki hugs Komari, and Komari cries on his shoulder.

Even though I didn't read the VN nor knew about this I had the feeling I was missing this scene...
However, I find that J.C. Staff really did reproduce the typical "Key emotion" that's in all of Key's works, you know what I'm talking about. Good to know that not necessarily KyoAni is needed for that, although their anime are still often superior.
Mar 10, 2013 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
kelpso said:
NOW THAT WAS A MASTERPIECE!

I agree!
First few minutes I was a little bit indeferent but then it all came on me and somehow this ep had even more impact on me then the first time before I completed VN.
Not only is Komari arc done better than in game but I also liked themes of friendship and everyone helping Riki complete his painting. Perfect!
Mar 10, 2013 10:34 PM
Dec 2012
WTF?!
Did he...did he just....COUGH UP BLOOD ON HER?! AND THEN SHE'S PERFECTLY FINE WITH IT?!
Mar 12, 2013 11:39 AM

Oct 2009
That didn't touch me at all. :V
Mar 12, 2013 7:47 PM

Nov 2010
biitchstick said:
eltonsu999 said:
Khalan3 said:
Small question:

People always argue about which character routes that is the best route among other character routes, but nobody debates that all of them are just introduction for refrain.
Mar 12, 2013 7:54 PM

Sep 2012
zeroyuki92 said:

People always argue about which character routes that is the best route among other character routes, but nobody debates that all of them are just introduction for refrain.

Most of us enjoyed the other routes enough that we see it more than just a prerequisite for the impact of Refrain. People who dislike Key works will argue that on LB threads
claiming Refrain is the only good route or whatever, characters are autistic, etc. I'm not sure why anyone would be able to finish an entire VN like Little Busters and get to Refrain if they weren't enjoying it. It took me so long to get to Refrain, and rewatching the anime has everyone trying to hold off on discussing the routes as a precursor to Refrain every single time. I mean, Refrain is the explanation for the Secret of the World, but what would it be without each individual impactful route and the common route we love so much?
Mar 25, 2013 9:15 PM

May 2011
Definitely the best episode so far, the entire "feel" of it was good (especially with the rain). It was touching to see everyone working so hard to cheer up their shocked friend, and Natsume Kyousuke's words on not running away were especially meaningful... I can tell that there is definitely a deeper meaning in them, for him.

I believe that concludes the first arc, now I'm looking forward to the other heroines. I really want the "true story" already that everyone hints to me, but I guess I can be patient/occupied with these until then. The more build-up, the better, and it's not like I'm not enjoying it (can't go wrong with KEY).
Mar 25, 2013 10:09 PM

Sep 2012
-Shuda- said:
Definitely the best episode so far, the entire "feel" of it was good (especially with the rain). It was touching to see everyone working so hard to cheer up their shocked friend, and Natsume Kyousuke's words on not running away were especially meaningful... I can tell that there is definitely a deeper meaning in them, for him.

I believe that concludes the first arc, now I'm looking forward to the other heroines. I really want the "true story" already that everyone hints to me, but I guess I can be patient/occupied with these until then. The more build-up, the better, and it's not like I'm not enjoying it (can't go wrong with KEY).

Glad you're enjoying it so far ;)
The later episodes are even better.
Mar 26, 2013 6:29 AM

Nov 2010
Vladz0r said:
zeroyuki92 said:

Most of us enjoyed the other routes enough that we see it more than just a prerequisite for the impact of Refrain. People who dislike Key works will argue that on LB threads
claiming Refrain is the only good route or whatever, characters are autistic, etc. I'm not sure why anyone would be able to finish an entire VN like Little Busters and get to Refrain if they weren't enjoying it. It took me so long to get to Refrain, and rewatching the anime has everyone trying to hold off on discussing the routes as a precursor to Refrain every single time. I mean, Refrain is the explanation for the Secret of the World, but what would it be without each individual impactful route and the common route we love so much?
Vladz0r said:
zeroyuki92 said:

Wrong wordings on my side. I was supposed to write something like "nobody debates that refrain is pretty much the best route,since it ties every things that were scattered in other routes into one unity". In the end I tried to shorten the sentences and messed it up. Sorry >___<
Apr 13, 2013 10:47 PM

Mar 2013
Well Komari-Chan was right there are many things to do in reality than being sad of what you saw in reality!!!
Apr 20, 2013 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
The feel is strong with this one ;_;
Apr 23, 2013 8:10 AM
Feb 2013
It was an alright episode, but I felt like it didn't capture the emotion of the original story in the visual novel.
May 1, 2013 9:34 PM

Sep 2011
And Komari's arc comes to an end. (sadface)

As someone who hasn't seen the visual novel yet, I must say, that was pretty well done in my opinion. I'm sure it falls in comparison to the visual novel, but I don't give a damn because I haven't seen it! >:D
May 2, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
Komari's seemed like the closest adaptation of all the routes, because there wasn't much more romance in the VN.
Mio's is also considered pretty faithful, but skips some of the romance and events, while still emphasizing the main purpose pretty well.
Haruka's was the least similar to the VN, a lot of events were cut out, and the resolution didn't include Riki helping as much.
Kud's was mostly faithful, but much better in the VN due to romance and clearer character motives and intentions, and less rushing events.

It's still a mixed bag of whether you like the heroines or the routes or anything.
May 2, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
Komari's seemed like the closest adaptation of all the routes, because there wasn't much more romance in the VN.
Mio's is also considered pretty faithful, but skips some of the romance and events, while still emphasizing the main purpose pretty well.
Haruka's was the least similar to the VN, a lot of events were cut out, and the resolution didn't include Riki helping as much.
Kud's was mostly faithful, but much better in the VN due to romance and clearer character motives and intentions, and less rushing events.

It's still a mixed bag of whether you like the heroines or the routes or anything.
May 11, 2013 6:53 AM

May 2012
A really nice episode, some great drama but a happy conclusion in the end! Lets see what happens next :D
May 18, 2013 5:13 PM

Sep 2011
Emotions everywhere, though it didn't make me cry :S
Rin was cute as ever.

Who was the person with the umbrella in the cemetery? It couldn't have been Komari's grandfather, because I'm sure they would have ellaborated on that.
May 18, 2013 7:59 PM

Sep 2012
RazielZero said:
Emotions everywhere, though it didn't make me cry :S
Rin was cute as ever.

Who was the person with the umbrella in the cemetery? It couldn't have been Komari's grandfather, because I'm sure they would have ellaborated on that.

Err it's actually Kengo, like it is in the VN. He had a similar umbrella to Mio, but in the VN Riki notices that it's Kengo, and sees his parasol. It's hard to tell in the anime.
pic:

If you look you can see Kengo's clothes and sandals.
Hope you keep enjoying the show~
Vladz0rMay 18, 2013 8:14 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.