Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Mar 21, 2022 4:28 PM

May 2018
The animation was great, but holy shit the plot armour is too much this episode. Why do all the Jaegerists aim like stormtroopers? Why do the alliance members all have aimbot? The boat is massive and there's no way 2 titans can protect it against fucking rocket launchers... Keith just comes out of nowhere. There is no way the whole train would incinerate because of an explosion. Too many asspulls.

I really hope we go back to Eren's pov because the storytelling has fallen hard in these past few episodes.
Mar 21, 2022 6:49 PM
Jun 2017
LAST EPISODE IS COMING, and as an anime only, i am so excited to see what its ending looks like
Mar 21, 2022 6:49 PM
Jun 2017
LAST EPISODE IS COMING, and as an anime only, i am so excited to see what its ending looks like
Mar 21, 2022 8:03 PM

Jul 2012
These last two eps - my h e a r t T.T
Mar 21, 2022 8:46 PM
Jun 2021
Will there be a another season?
Mar 21, 2022 9:20 PM

Aug 2021
I'm so sick of them all switching sides and suddenly wanting the exact opposite of what they wanted before. It's highly possible that even if they did kill Eren he might have encoded it deep into the founding titan to keep the rumbling ongoing and to wipe out most of humanity before disassembling the titans. Sigh these decisions they're making just don't sit right with me.
Mar 21, 2022 9:23 PM
Jul 2019
The fact that there are ppl who side with Yaegerists and Floch after watched the whole anime and read the whole manga are the proof of what AoT try to point out.
Mar 21, 2022 10:40 PM
Jan 2022
AYOOOO THIS EP WAS SO FIRE!!!! Kudos to the animators!
Mar 21, 2022 10:50 PM

Aug 2017
Best episode all season. No philosophical talk. Just a bunch of swinging, chopping, shooting, explosions and special titans. Can't get enough of hot, agile female titan.

Gabi has unbelievable aim hack. Second time she nails a moving target, first Eren sprinting and now Floch flying in midair. Oh yeah she nailed Sasha too...
CarbonMDMar 21, 2022 10:56 PM
Mar 22, 2022 1:06 AM

Dec 2020
damnn what an action packed episode. ive been loving the dialogue heavy ones where its rly complicated n shit but i cant say that i didnt miss these kinds of action in aot. seeing the main team not even hesitating to kill people (their own (ex) allies, even) got me remembering that part in s3 where they had this huge dilemma abt killing ppl. broke me hard

falco's jaw titan resembled a bird (falcon? lol) to me. it was p cool tho

the way levi didnt get any screentime this ep💀💀💀💀 damn

rip keith and magath. died with honor. rip to floch too ig, he was a fun villain character to have

last part after the ed tho... man. annie just . Agh😭 i cant take thisss
Mar 22, 2022 4:05 AM

Jun 2013
Well this show just became pretty unbearable if you're on the side of Eren. I think I know where this is going, and I'll be pretty disappointed if it does.
Mar 22, 2022 5:16 AM

Dec 2016
Lots of people need to realise that SnK is not some CYOA game. It's a story. Regardless of which characters you prefer, or how you'd prefer the story itself developed, it is still just a story. You'd enjoy it better if you just watched (or read) without wishing it went the way you'd have wanted.

Why would I spend my time watching shows I don't like? 💢
Mar 22, 2022 5:50 AM
Apr 2019
CrimsonHood said:
Lots of people need to realise that SnK is not some CYOA game. It's a story. Regardless of which characters you prefer, or how you'd prefer the story itself developed, it is still just a story. You'd enjoy it better if you just watched (or read) without wishing it went the way you'd have wanted.
funny that u brought up the word CYOA game cause the author literally took the characters and the story by visual novel games called muv luv and muv luv alternative
Mar 22, 2022 6:19 AM

Oct 2009
That was wild!!
Some inconsistent art but dang, hype!!

RIP Magath and Shadis ♥
Mar 22, 2022 6:42 AM

Dec 2016
Bababazooka69 said:
CrimsonHood said:
funny that u brought up the word CYOA game cause the author literally took the characters and the story by visual novel games called muv luv and muv luv alternative

I don't see how this is relevant. The point remains the same about this particular story.

Why would I spend my time watching shows I don't like? 💢
Mar 22, 2022 8:10 AM
Mar 2022
MickDH said:
Team_Levi said:
uhh the enemies are the nazis trying to destroy the whole world lol...

this is quite ironic since the Marleyans treated the Eldians exactly like Jews during the holocaust (forcing them to wear stars on armbands to show everyone what they were)
If anyone in this series are "Nazis" The symbolism alone is enough to show you that its the Marleyans.
why not both? There's a 3rd side with Levi and Hange for a reason.
Mar 22, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2017
Team_Levi said:
MickDH said:

this is quite ironic since the Marleyans treated the Eldians exactly like Jews during the holocaust (forcing them to wear stars on armbands to show everyone what they were)
If anyone in this series are "Nazis" The symbolism alone is enough to show you that its the Marleyans.
why not both? There's a 3rd side with Levi and Hange for a reason.

damn dude, such an epic backtracking lmao

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 22, 2022 8:57 AM
Jun 2021
this episode was so god damn nice mikasa killed they all like its was nothing and how she beheaded someone, falco titan design was so cool and how in the end they sacrifice them himself was so sad R.I.P MAGATH AND SHADIS
Mar 22, 2022 9:36 AM

Dec 2008
That felt more like Attack on Titans again.
But that was a really brutal episode, I think the author/director wanted to get rid of silly Yeagerists for good, they were just too extreme to be kept alive.

I liked that Yeagerist were defeated now, I never liked any of them, still they put up a good fight against the titans. Too bad for them that Mikasa is basically a demon who butchers everything in her way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2022 11:08 AM

Jan 2019
Brilliant human-on-human action this episode, love the absolute brutality of it.

Mar 22, 2022 11:09 AM

Jan 2019
Brilliant human-on-human action this episode, love the absolute brutality of it.

Mar 22, 2022 11:32 AM
Sep 2012
Will Episode 12 be 40 minutes? I don't see how they can fit the remaining material into 20 minutes without cutting stuff
Mar 22, 2022 12:24 PM
Dec 2018
KneelBeforeMe said:
One of the better produced episode this season. Good sakuga for the most part with decent cuts, but it's a shame that there's absolutely 0 tension during the fights. The outcome is evident when the yeagerists are all treated like fodder and written to have 0 personality. They can't even manage to hurt or kill a single person during all that chaos. But I guess we're suppose to be hyped and cheer for Mikasa slaughtering them and going over the top when she's executing them while Marley's theme is playing in the background? Nonsense.

Floch is the true MVP. Having to deal with incompetent followers while fighting against plot armored super humans.

adding to this gabi can shoot a fully trained soldier in the mid-air compared to squadron of trained soldier who can not shoot a single enemy. Wow. Give gabi some training and may be she can even pop saitama's head off. I didn't liked this episode animation was off most of the places, plot armor was so heavy. 7/10 maybe.
Mar 22, 2022 12:48 PM
Aug 2018
Atomsk17 said:
Will Episode 12 be 40 minutes? I don't see how they can fit the remaining material into 20 minutes without cutting stuff

An extra 20 minutes isn't gonna help them adapt 9 more chapters, this part wont be the end of the season, we'll likely see a part 3 or movie announcement at the end of episode 12.
Mar 22, 2022 5:27 PM
Nov 2020
Paul_Foreign said:
evoniee said:
[

aot is not that deep dude, mikasa literally one of the most useless under developed character that rise our of nowhere.

Yeah the amount of headcanon in that guy’s comment is insane lol

Call me insane but I really don't think it's headcanon. I came to the conclusion by looking at the parallels between the yeagerists and her younger self, who were all blind followers of Eren that thought he could do no wrong. From her first appearance in part 1, she finally started dropping the illusion that he's perfect after seeing the mass death and destruction he caused in Liberio. Where she would have promptly and automatically stood up for Eren, she now wouldn't. And ironically, yeagerism took hold after this point. It was through her interactions with people like Louise that she was finally able to make the connection and see her younger self in the yeagerists. Her frustration with Louise and later even seeing Jean standing near Floch says enough. She is angry with her own naivete and stupidity that might as well end up getting 99% of the population flattened. What we see in this episode is her releasing this rage onto the people who she feels resemble her younger self the most. It's her justification to herself that this is not her anymore. I really can't see how this could be headcanon. We don't need to be explicitly told things to be able to see and understand them. We don't need Eren to say "I am the manifestation of self-awareness, going through with these horrible things knowing that they cause a lot of harm." to be able to get that he's free. Although we got it, we didn't need Historia to say "I'm tired of lying to myself, living in more and more regret with each passing day, so I'm gonna change!" to understand that she's sick of being a people pleaser. And finally, we don't need Floch to say "I will do bad things and will try to be as evil as possible to put myself into my illusion of grandeur, changing the world just like Erwin would. I said we need a devil like him again. Eren is that devil, and I will be too." to realize that he does as many cruel and brutal things as possible to prove that he is trying to continue Erwin's legacy.

And I agree with you guys that before the timeskip, Mikasa was the most underdeveloped main character by a long shot, and before seeing part 1, I would create headcanon to prove why she was a good character. Now, I don't need that because I have proof.
Mar 22, 2022 5:38 PM

Feb 2017
good grief there are a lot of threads being created - couldnt even find this episode's thread.

i got chills during the silence when the boat exploded, RIP. lots of really nice looking fight scenes as well. honestly, im getting antsy waiting to see eren again.

also one episode left?? but the story won't even be concluded with the last episode? sigh

placeholder text
Mar 22, 2022 7:11 PM

Sep 2020
Byniavo said:
The animation was great, but holy shit the plot armour is too much this episode. Why do all the Jaegerists aim like stormtroopers? Why do the alliance members all have aimbot? The boat is massive and there's no way 2 titans can protect it against fucking rocket launchers... Keith just comes out of nowhere. There is no way the whole train would incinerate because of an explosion. Too many asspulls.

I really hope we go back to Eren's pov because the storytelling has fallen hard in these past few episodes.

inexperienced yeagerists (with the exception of floch) vs a seasoned scout squad containing Mikasa Ackerman + titan shifters and you think this is plot armor lol
Mar 23, 2022 2:10 AM

May 2018
Zprotu said:
Byniavo said:

inexperienced yeagerists (with the exception of floch) vs a seasoned scout squad containing Mikasa Ackerman + titan shifters and you think this is plot armor lol

Yes it is 100 % plot armour
Mar 23, 2022 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
Floch defended his country and beliefs until the bitter end. RIP.

Side note: how interesting how each Yaegerist hesitated in the face of the Alliance. you could chalk it up to inexperience, but I see it as they didn't want to kill their fellow countrymen. sucks for them that Alliance doesn't have that kind of loyalty.
queenhinataMar 23, 2022 7:57 AM
Mar 23, 2022 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
What an intense episode, everyone is so set on fighting to the death for their cause, Mikasa with that blood raining down, creepy. Keith Sadies coming in clutch at the last min was a nice surprise.

I got to hand it to Flock, i was never a fan as i find it hard to see things from his perspective but seeing how commitment he is to his goal this episode was jaw dropping.

But i think my fav thing this episode has been seeing Magaths character arc complete. Another character that i hated for what he did and how he always denied his wrong doings but seeing him recognise and accept the horrors he's committed and continue to fight right up to the end to make a better world for all, not just Marley, was great to see and was done very well.
Mar 23, 2022 11:26 AM
Dec 2020
What a surprise, who'd have thought the animation would be this good this far in the production, guess this was what Hayashi was talking about in the interview regarding 'aggressive staging'
Very impressive.

And holy shit the number of new threads created in the last couple of days, it's an all-out war lmao
Mar 23, 2022 1:05 PM

Jan 2021
Keith dying left me in tears, those two commanders really mirrored each other
Mar 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Jan 2021
Floch's fighting scene was great, idk if he is dead yet but god damn did it look awsome
Mar 24, 2022 3:18 AM

Oct 2008
Mikasa stole the episode with her slaughterfest sakuga!!!
5/5!

Mar 24, 2022 5:18 AM
Oct 2020
Why are they stopping Eren this is one of those games of thrones ending shit boring and is nosense.
Mar 24, 2022 9:20 AM

Feb 2021
Bro how can people hate on this season's animation?!? The fight scenes were amazing! Especially the ODM gear scenes.

Falco's Jaw titan was a treat! I've waiting to see it get animated lol.

Magath and Shadis went out like chads. Rip.

Of course, how can we forget Faze Gabi?

Last ep gonna be 2 weeks late?!? Bruh why :(

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Mar 24, 2022 9:50 AM

Feb 2021
Some of those yeagerists must have had some battle experience

And even as the first experience in marley, it went smooth. When it needed to.

So yes, battle at port had a lot of plot conveniences. All the yeagerists except for Floch felt like stormtroopers, and their role in the story was to be stormstroopers. it is what it is.
Mar 24, 2022 10:13 AM

Feb 2017
queenhinata said:
Floch defended his country and beliefs until the bitter end. RIP.

Side note: how interesting how each Yaegerist hesitated in the face of the Alliance. you could chalk it up to inexperience, but I see it as they didn't want to kill their fellow countrymen. sucks for them that Alliance doesn't have that kind of loyalty.

yeah, some of the soldiers probably joined because inspired by them. sad that later their 'heroes' betrayed them.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 26, 2022 3:01 AM

Oct 2010
RIP proud soldiers of Paradis
I am happy that that hideous animal magath died, one animal less on this world, and he was so dumb, he could have used the blonde whore or the half animal dog to destroy the ship, he died like he lived, as a killer and a garbage.
The alliance is clearly better and well trained, the jeagerists are young but it doesn't matter anyways, Eren will destroy the world.
Mar 26, 2022 6:36 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
It took me a minute of reviewing the forums to realize that was Floch who went down (the scene of him flying through the air barely looked liked him)-- seems like he's likely not dead as it's only a shoulder wound..unless the explosion took him out.

NGL, cried a little hearing Annie break. It takes a lot to not kill yourself right there when your goal is doomed. Who knows maybe Armin can work some plot armor magic and save her dad --even if can't save Liberio
Mar 26, 2022 9:28 PM

Aug 2014
Which manga chapter(s) did this episode adapt?
Mar 26, 2022 9:40 PM

Feb 2021
ooo333 said:
Which manga chapter(s) did this episode adapt?

129 and the first few pages of 130.
Mar 26, 2022 9:44 PM

May 2018
Garbage. Every episode since the rumbling has been shit, 1/10. Not talking about the animation, but the story. Attribute that to the manga (did not read), or the anime. Plot armor falling out of my asshole left and right throughout this episode. How no one sustained even a minor injury makes the most sense, completely understandable with all the Jaegerists wiped out.

Conny's character sucks. Mikasa is a warrior-class NPC. Annie's revival made the series worse. She's the one of the most unlikable and boring characters in AoT. I don't even know where to begin with Hange, but hell is she a clusterfuck.

The whole resistance group is shit. Good job Eldians (Jean, Mikasa, Conny, Armen), I'm sure the rest of the world will forgive Paradis for intending to slaughter the planet due to your brave actions. I can't possibly see this realistically backfiring where everyone you know and love gets glassed on Paradis.
Mar 26, 2022 10:43 PM
Mar 2022
CrimsonHood said:

Very wise word my friend.. the author said he drew what he wanted, not what the audience wanted.
Mar 27, 2022 12:01 PM

May 2017
probably the best overall looking mappa episode. so many good scenes. I salute the team behind it
Mar 27, 2022 2:51 PM
Jul 2014
I find the story pretty boring since they decided to stop the rumbling ... the character are all making a 180° to their original plans and decided somehow to join the other Titans to stop Eren from killing people they don't know apart from the fact that they portray them as evil and will never stop from trying to kill them ?

Good luck with that to get accepted after all that

Also the plot armor is strong in this one, everything explodes everything but nobody but the Jaegearist die ? Give me a break, at least one of them should have died or get injured gravely, they're not all Mikasas or Levi

Mar 27, 2022 3:22 PM

Oct 2021
It sucks that most of the Yeagerists always die easily even though they were trained and the reason why is just because they were extras.
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
Mar 27, 2022 4:21 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The squad was brutal this week. Falco's form is mad cold too, and my God, Connie was slaughtering folks out here.
Mar 27, 2022 7:58 PM

May 2018
TigreDemon said:
I find the story pretty boring since they decided to stop the rumbling ... the character are all making a 180° to their original plans and decided somehow to join the other Titans to stop Eren from killing people they don't know apart from the fact that they portray them as evil and will never stop from trying to kill them ?

Good luck with that to get accepted after all that

Also the plot armor is strong in this one, everything explodes everything but nobody but the Jaegearist die ? Give me a break, at least one of them should have died or get injured gravely, they're not all Mikasas or Levi

Completely agree. It's extremely sad that what seemed to be a masterpiece is (seemingly) ending awfully.
Mar 27, 2022 8:24 PM
Mar 2021
Everyone complaining about “Connie and Mikasa killing their friends” as if that’s the problem here. Their friends are trying to commit actual omnicide, turning Paradis into a military dictatorship and trying to restore the old Eldian empire so they can subjugate anybody that they didn’t manage to kill. If people think they should still support their friends in a situation like this then they have a very childish understanding of this story. Or they have the same “it’s okay when we do it” mentality that the story is criticising. Also, unless you support genocide I don't see why anyone would be mad at them for stopping Eren, he's trying to wipe out the entire populace outside the walls! I look at it as them trying to stop greater evil for the benefit of the many rather than trying to kill all of your enemies so you and your people are the last one standing. Either way it's still a grey area and I don't think anybody is wrong in this situation no matter what they choose.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

551 by aaltairs »»
Sep 14, 6:11 PM

» Does AoT have the most toxic fandom? ( 1 2 3 )

unpredictablech_ - Mar 1, 2022

108 by Zayar2005 »»
Aug 30, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

302 by flokigoat »»
Aug 25, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Who suffered the most? (2nd one)(manga readers)

ViViD_AI - Feb 2, 2022

30 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 22, 10:34 AM

» Who is the best wifu of all time ??? ( 1 2 )

neel_senpai - Jun 22

65 by Jablan089 »»
Aug 21, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.