Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2019 10:50 AM

Aug 2012
luccide said:

2) Why are Marey finding vessels for 9 titans when they had only 7? Is that a sub translation issue at 10:39?

Yes I noticed that too. I dont know if its subs mistake because I dont understand japanese but in the manga they meant 7 titans
Jun 17, 2019 10:54 AM

Mar 2018
@luccide

4) At this point, it seems like Marey had a foolish government too by trying to cast fear on the Eldians. I assumed Marey're being portrayed as the bad guys now? Somemore they're going to start a war just to get more resources.
Nah that's the lie they used, they want to get hold of the founding titan too

edit:

So Zeke is the beast Titan. Is he one of the 9 high ranking titans or he's just a lieutenant of somesort since they used the word "vessel". If he's actually one of the high ranking titan, what happened to the previous titan? Aren't titan immortal?
I'm confused what you actually mean here, we know that Titans aren't immortal, they are just near invincible. You can inherit one's special powers by eating them, you don't get born with them. That's why they used the word vessel, Zeke is now the one with the Beast Titan's powers inside him. Armin ate Berthold and now has the Colosal Titan's power inside him, Eren ate his dad and now has the Coordinator.

The titans in the wall are supposed to protect the Eldians? How come there's no more titans left in Paradis island other that the royal family?
The walls are build around Titans remember, it referred to those Titans too not just the royal family.

EsquirtitJun 17, 2019 11:46 AM
poop
Jun 17, 2019 10:57 AM
Feb 2018
This season has been weak compared to the 2º and 3º part 1 seasons, but this and the previous episode really packed a punch!
Jun 17, 2019 11:09 AM
May 2019
Yo, that avg. score jump, lol.
Jun 17, 2019 11:19 AM

Dec 2015
This episode was like, i mean, dude, i...i have no fucking words, really, i never got so damn happy to watch something and not have being spoiled before lol

In the end the Titans were nothing but victims, Dina REALLY went after Grisha, the revelation of "The Owl", such a 15/10 episode, holy shit
Jun 17, 2019 11:25 AM
Sep 2018
The scores suddenly rised to 9.20 ? I was here 2 hours ago it was just 9.16 . Can we see the possibility of it dethroning FMAB for atleast few days ?
Jun 17, 2019 11:32 AM

May 2018
Could somebody enlighten me about this part, cu'z it was confusing me????
Jun 17, 2019 11:34 AM
Jan 2019
tidoesstuff said:
Fenryr19 said:

Their map is our world turned upside down. Paradis Island is Madagascar and Marley's in Africa.

That makes a lot more sense, it reminded me of the UK because of the mountains towards the left, but since it's an inverted map of Africa, it explains Paradis island.

Nim0174 said:

i really don't think so
draw some random land on a paper and i guaruantee you there is someplace on earth that has similarities to that

Yeh. sure.

It doesnt fit with africa map
Try it hehe
Jun 17, 2019 11:36 AM

Jul 2007
just came to say , that mikasa bed hairstyle made me not recognize her
Jun 17, 2019 11:38 AM
Sep 2016
wildhood said:
The anime now currently has a score of 9.20 on MAL after this episode aired (went up by 0.04).

Also episode 4 was aired in English dub which could also contribute to this.
Jun 17, 2019 11:44 AM

Aug 2015
I do not understand why people care for the score. It is going to turn down after a but so...

Basically Eren Krueger was the first Attack Titan that we see chronologically. Then it was passed to Grisha, to Eren.

I am really curious to see how Eren is going to be a Nazi and then understand both sides of the coin.
Jun 17, 2019 11:57 AM

Jul 2012
Pakumen- said:
I do not understand why people care for the score. It is going to turn down after a but so...

Where are you even taken that assumption from lol

Also, people are commenting about the score because of it gaining that much in a few hours being already above 9,10. That's unprecedented on this site, even because this kind of boost only comes after the series finish airing.

Even I who don't care much for it find it particularly impressive.
DanpmssJun 17, 2019 1:34 PM
Jun 17, 2019 11:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The insight into Eldian history though was pretty insightful. So Eren and his friends are the descendants of the eldians that managed to escape from the defeat then. Still even after the death of your daughter the fact that you still believed that you deserved it was uncanny. The despair though sure proved to be the perfect catalyst to introduce the rebels though. Zeke though was really something betraying his parents that readily. But man not just capturing but turning the rebels into titans alone sure was a sadistic move. Mikasa's bed hair though lol. But grim as it was for Grisha he sure had the last laugh when the owl fed his sisters killer to the titan and avenging her death in the most satisfying way possible. Overall a solid ep that not just expanded the world but also showed just how grim Grisha's past was before he went inside the walls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2019 12:02 PM
Apr 2018
beanie_weeny said:
The scores suddenly rised to 9.20 ? I was here 2 hours ago it was just 9.16 . Can we see the possibility of it dethroning FMAB for atleast few days ?

Might be possible. Few hours ago it was rated by 58k people and now it's by 74k. What a huge jump.
Jun 17, 2019 12:11 PM

Jan 2009
Danpmss said:
deg said:
the only thing that bothers me is why The Owl let all of them die besides Grisha damn Dina is such a waste of beauty specifically

It will be explained in the next episode,

i see even though im a manga reader i do not remember that now since i rarely re-read previous chapters
Jun 17, 2019 12:22 PM

Sep 2017
wait does that mean if they had collected eren's titan or eren's spinal fluid they could have saved erwin? :/

nice episode though, they actually build the walls to protect the world from titans not the other way around :))
Jun 17, 2019 12:28 PM

Jan 2017
Akahiro said:
tidoesstuff said:

That makes a lot more sense, it reminded me of the UK because of the mountains towards the left, but since it's an inverted map of Africa, it explains Paradis island.

Yeh. sure.

It doesnt fit with africa map
Try it hehe

To be honest, it bears more than a slight resemblance, and there can be a massive likelihood of Isayama taking inspiration from actual lands... because of the location of the mountains and the architecture found in AoT it seemed to be similar the UK
Jun 17, 2019 12:31 PM

Jul 2012
Huh, the score is back to 9,16 here now.

How weird, did they apply the "Finished Airing" vote refresher too early?
Jun 17, 2019 12:42 PM

Nov 2014
Danpmss said:

it always stay at 9.16 thought?, well i dont care about score, but im pretty hype to watch last 2 episodes
Siul-08Jun 17, 2019 12:46 PM
Jun 17, 2019 12:48 PM

Jul 2012
Siul-08 said:
Danpmss said:

it always stay at 9.16 thought?, well i dont care about score, but im pretty hype to watch last 2 episodes

Not really, it stayed at 9,20 for about 2 hours just now.

Don't care either tbh, just found it curious.
Jun 17, 2019 12:56 PM

Aug 2015
sharprazorx said:
holy shit AOT has gone up 0.04 in one jump....ok now i truly believe it will take down FMAB

Never...OK,maybe for few days or weeks but not more than that
Jun 17, 2019 1:00 PM

Mar 2017
I think i set a World Record for the amount of times a person has said 'Oh my fucking god' during a TV show hahaha

This whole episode was shocking. I can't believe that this whole mess is essentially humanities fault. I can completely understand why Zeke and his people are trying to get rid of humanity now but they're just doing the same thing that humans did all those years ago, creating a horrible endless cycle of hate and violence.

Also, congrats to the animation team for Mikasa's bedhead... first time i've ever seen realistic bedhead in an anime hahaha
Jun 17, 2019 1:03 PM
Apr 2018
Part 2 episodes' are too short! I loved this one. And the next ep's title is "Shingeki no Kyojin"... my expectations are through the roof right now.

Lol, Mikasa's hair
SaiDrewJun 17, 2019 1:09 PM
Jun 17, 2019 1:17 PM

Aug 2015
Danpmss said:

r/whooosh.

Told you. The assumption was from the times "Kimi no Na Wa" got to first place on ratings by a pretty large margin. After a week it was already toned down. Most of the times the currently watching notes are the ones that kept in place, but when everyone finished the series, it always goes down.

Gintama also peaked at #2 at some point.

I have to say that I will rather enjoy the show than care about what other people give scores.
Jun 17, 2019 1:29 PM

Apr 2019
@Danpmss

fake or not
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 17, 2019 1:30 PM

Jul 2012
Pakumen- said:
Danpmss said:

r/whooosh.

Told you. The assumption was from the times "Kimi no Na Wa" got to first place on ratings by a pretty large margin. After a week it was already toned down. Most of the times the currently watching notes are the ones that kept in place, but when everyone finished the series, it always goes down.

Gintama also peaked at #2 at some point.

I have to say that I will rather enjoy the show than care about what other people give scores.

That's not the assumption I was referring to tho... It was about what you just say about Eren instead (also, assumption or not, you better tag it as spoiler if it refers to things yet to come, otherwise you may even get banned without even getting a warning according to the guidelines, given that spoilers in an episode discussion are a big violation).
Jun 17, 2019 1:37 PM

Feb 2009
Pakumen- said:

but when everyone finished the series, it always goes down.

not complelty true, FMA;B ranked place 5 or so until the final episode and then shoot through the roof and got Place 1. But yeah that was 9 years ago.
Jun 17, 2019 1:41 PM

Jun 2015
This episode was full of surprises
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 17, 2019 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
Nim0174 said:
@Danpmss

fake or not

Jun 17, 2019 1:44 PM
Jan 2019
kater_tot said:
I think i set a World Record for the amount of times a person has said 'Oh my fucking god' during a TV show hahaha

This whole episode was shocking. I can't believe that this whole mess is essentially humanities fault. I can completely understand why Zeke and his people are trying to get rid of humanity now but they're just doing the same thing that humans did all those years ago, creating a horrible endless cycle of hate and violence.

Also, congrats to the animation team for Mikasa's bedhead... first time i've ever seen realistic bedhead in an anime hahaha

The bedhead was in the manga
So the mangaka is the one to be congratulated 😂😂😂😂 (lol)
Jun 17, 2019 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
Funseco said:
luccide said:

2) Why are Marey finding vessels for 9 titans when they had only 7? Is that a sub translation issue at 10:39?

Yes I noticed that too. I dont know if its subs mistake because I dont understand japanese but in the manga they meant 7 titans

yes it was a mistake in translation. I went back to the episode. Grisha said 7.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 17, 2019 1:48 PM

Mar 2017
Akahiro said:
kater_tot said:

The bedhead was in the manga
So the mangaka is the one to be congratulated 😂😂😂😂 (lol)

Ah yeah ur right! Congrats to Hajime Isayama! hehe
Jun 17, 2019 1:49 PM

Apr 2019
Danpmss said:
Nim0174 said:
@Danpmss

fake or not

so you disagree

You son of a .. turtle

Jun 17, 2019 1:51 PM
Jan 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Could somebody enlighten me about this part, cu'z it was confusing me????

Ask questions buddy
Jun 17, 2019 1:54 PM

Aug 2012

Bed head Mikasa is too good.
Jun 17, 2019 1:55 PM
Apr 2019
So is Dina the titan who killed Erens mum?
Jun 17, 2019 1:57 PM
Apr 2019
Is there gonna be a season 4
Jun 17, 2019 2:01 PM

May 2016
Well shit just got so damn intense the fucking Owl was so epic with that transformation guess Grishia gonna be free from now on.

and Dina was that ugly titan Eren's step mother? is that the right term guess she was jealous of Grisha having a new wife. jk

I hope to see more flash backs in next episode.
Jun 17, 2019 2:05 PM

Jul 2012
Nim0174 said:
Danpmss said:

so you disagree

Actually yes to be honest.
DanpmssJun 17, 2019 2:08 PM
Jun 17, 2019 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
WIT did a really great job adapting this, although now I'm glad I read the manga first. I think the episode would have been a little bit confusing for me as an anime-only. All these info-dumps work better in the manga cause you're able to read the chapters at your own pace, while keeping attention to all the details. There is censorship too (some specific scenes were way more brutal in the manga), but that was expected.
WindrageJun 17, 2019 2:21 PM
Jun 17, 2019 2:08 PM

Aug 2015
Nim0174 said:
@madarchod
dude spoilers
not cool

Was it really a spoiler?isn't it just a speculation at this point and nothing of that sort have been proved,till now.

Anyway,if it looks like a spoiler then i do apologize but i really don't know how to put contents under spoiler tag
Jun 17, 2019 2:12 PM

Apr 2019
Danpmss said:
Nim0174 said:

so you disagree

it doesn't matter

madarchod said:
Nim0174 said:
@madarchod
dude spoilers
not cool

Was it really a spoiler?isn't it just a speculation at this point and nothing of that sort have been proved,till now.

Anyway,if it looks like a spoiler then i do apologize but i really don't know how to put contents under spoiler tag

You son of a .. turtle

Jun 17, 2019 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
madarchod said:

You can still edit your comment, just use this:
[spoiler]write your text here[/spoiler]

Jun 17, 2019 2:31 PM

Jul 2012
Nim0174 said:
Danpmss said:

it doesn't matter

I don't understand, we are agreeing in here, aren't we?

I mean, at least I'm on the same page as you and called out his statement and the other guy's as potentially being spoiler for referring to events yet to happen.

I think we may not be arguing the same thing actually haha

Doesn't change the fact that I agree that those "probable" speculations indicated spoilers for the sole reason they actually were talking as if they knew what would happen in the story, being them actually right or not about the actual thing (likely were spoiled by someone and didn't read themselves the content for proper context).

Which as demonstrated, I believe is a wrong interpretation for good reasons.
Jun 17, 2019 2:37 PM

Jul 2012
madarchod said:
Nim0174 said:
@madarchod
dude spoilers
not cool

It's actually quite simple:
Jun 17, 2019 3:00 PM

Aug 2015
Wow,it was so simple and here i was always confused on how you guys were able to use spoiler tag to hide content,Now i feel like an idiot

Anyway, thank you windrage and danpmss for finally teaching me this.
Jun 17, 2019 3:02 PM
Jan 2019
I am a bit confused, but I also don't want to read anything on the Internet just to make sure I won't get spoilered...

Marley has 7 out of 9 titans, which probably leaves Paradise with 2: would it be the Founding Titan and Coordinate Titan? Or are they the same and Kruger was the second one?

We know that Marley came after the Coordinate for sure and now Eren has it. As of what I know now, Frieda most likely had the Coordinate because Rod said that she had the strongest titan and I can't think of something stronger... the World memories + the ability to control everything.

Now here is what I am finding strange and makes me not know what to believe with the knowledge that I have so far: my opinion is that Grisha made a huge mistake when he stole the Founding Titan because he basically made the strongest weapon the Walls had into nothing. Frieda could have simply controlled the titans and save the walls.

Also... why would Marley attack when the Founding Titan was there to defend the Walls? What victory chances did they actually think they have? From what we've seen, it seems that Grisha killed Frieda after the Shiganshina attack happened.

I do understand why he had to kill Frieda and the let's talk it out option was not possible because she could have erased his memories, but why weaken the Walls so much? Was he thinking that he would go search for Dina and let her eat him so that a royal blood would get the power of the Founding Titan?

Another question would be why Rod was to able to get away with the barons from using the Founding Titan and retake wall Maria during those years.
Jun 17, 2019 3:15 PM
Jan 2019
p_g_adi said:
I am a bit confused, but I also don't want to read anything on the Internet just to make sure I won't get spoilered...

Marley has 7 out of 9 titans, which probably leaves Paradise with 2: would it be the Founding Titan and Coordinate Titan? Or are they the same and Kruger was the second one?

We know that Marley came after the Coordinate for sure and now Eren has it. As of what I know now, Frieda most likely had the Coordinate because Rod said that she had the strongest titan and I can't think of something stronger... the World memories + the ability to control everything.

Now here is what I am finding strange and makes me not know what to believe with the knowledge that I have so far: my opinion is that Grisha made a huge mistake when he stole the Founding Titan because he basically made the strongest weapon the Walls had into nothing. Frieda could have simply controlled the titans and save the walls.

Also... why would Marley attack when the Founding Titan was there to defend the Walls? What victory chances did they actually think they have? From what we've seen, it seems that Grisha killed Frieda after the Shiganshina attack happened.

I do understand why he had to kill Frieda and the let's talk it out option was not possible because she could have erased his memories, but why weaken the Walls so much? Was he thinking that he would go search for Dina and let her eat him so that a royal blood would get the power of the Founding Titan?

Another question would be why Rod was to able to get away with the barons from using the Founding Titan and retake wall Maria during those years.

Just to correct and it should be not spoiler
Coordinate/founding titan is same.. just two names
The second titan is the "attack titan" that u see eren transforms to
So eren has both
I believe this shouldnt be spoiler as it was clear i guess
As to ur other questions.. i believe watching the rest of the eps will let have a bigger image of the story and the events to answer ur questions on ur own
Jun 17, 2019 3:23 PM
Apr 2019
Is there gonna be a season 4
Jun 17, 2019 3:23 PM
Apr 2019
Is Dina the titan who kills Erens mother??
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Question for the attack on titan fans

Mooogle - May 11

25 by Angel_crush1 »»
May 14, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

736 by wibugar »»
May 9, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 26, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

667 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.