Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 9, 2023 12:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Nothing too special, but it looks to be a fun time nonetheless. Another anime this season that would probably be best enjoyed by relaxing to after a long day's work.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 9, 2023 7:26 AM

Dec 2019
The way the characters speak is just cringe for me

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jan 9, 2023 10:58 AM
Feb 2021
He clearly knows that she is a girl.
Jan 9, 2023 7:14 PM

Aug 2011
man i wish they had given this to another studio, it's so bland and stiff.  i think doga kobo would have been a great fit, or silver link.
Jan 9, 2023 7:26 PM
Dec 2017
Back in the Barnyard ahh soundtrack
Jan 9, 2023 8:04 PM
Sep 2021
Seems like a fun premise and character tropes I haven't seen in combination before.
Jan 9, 2023 8:23 PM
Jan 2015
Yeah! I love it I love it, have finish this manga a long long time ago, suddenly there is an anime adaptation, its like a dream come true. The adaptation is well executed too, its so good and totally do justice to the original manga. Thanks!
Jan 9, 2023 9:55 PM

Dec 2009
Covering most of the first 4 Chapters, it's disappointing that they cut-out a lot of the hilarious scenes of build-up to Tomo is treated like a guy, or one with Misuzu's inner dialogue, or Tanabe's post-discussion of Misuzu, and a few other quick scenes. 

The direction of effects isn't always perfect, and the angles and overall atmosphere/tempo don't feel like the best, 
but at least the cast is very good. They're not exactly what I imagined, but they fit great even though I didn't have a strong impression from the teaser. 
Only Misaki I don't love just yet. Carole even less, but we'll see. I love Chiyomi and Naoko's voices though.

Glad this manga has an anime now.
Jan 9, 2023 11:00 PM

Jul 2019
This was a lot better than expected (I haven't read the manga so don't come at me). So far the characters are likeable and I really feel Tomo's struggle. Jun is one dense mf, though I can't imagine it's easy to erase the childhood friend image of someone.
I want to see more of Gundou. She's interesting.
Jan 10, 2023 4:08 AM
Jan 2023
I've been waiting for this adaptation for a while, it's so adorable
Jan 10, 2023 10:41 AM
Feb 2016
hmm, it's a good beginning
Jan 10, 2023 12:04 PM

Jul 2022
omg so kawaii man it finally here i can't believe it very wholesome stuff bro i like it
Jan 10, 2023 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
i watch this just because the dubber is Rie chan, not else--,.
removed-userJan 12, 2023 4:00 AM
Jan 11, 2023 12:42 AM
Sep 2014
Atavistic said:
what guy would tickle their "bro" or slap their "bro" on the ass like Jun does in this episode.

someone have never played in a team sport
Jan 11, 2023 2:47 AM

Jul 2020
feels like plot will be repeated whole season and get annoying 3-4 episodes later. Tho obviously its early to tell. 
Jan 11, 2023 7:15 AM

Jun 2013
How the fuck do you not notice she's a girl
Jan 11, 2023 10:41 AM
May 2021
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Jan 11, 2023 11:10 AM
Dec 2017
arcydzieło XD DAWID JASPER
Jan 11, 2023 12:26 PM
Mar 2022
nightcrawlercyp said:
So this series is pretty awful. The person who wrote it does not understand a lot of things... I stopped watching when the guy was hit like a ragdol (in real life his neck would most likely break and die). The girl is extremely violent and not in the way of Taiga. Is just violent. Also there is no point changing the language when for some reason you have such a low pitched voice. What you need is some estrogen. 
It's just borderline okayish. I've been trying to deal with it and hoping it would get better. If it doesn't get better, I'm dropping it by the 4th episode. Feel bad for the poor guy getting hit without even knowing why he's treated like a ragdoll yet apologizes afterwards. They went too overboard with the violence part. And for ppl saying, he doesn't treat her like a girl. He treats her like a friend. Just how you'd treat a friend. You don't treat friends differently whether they're the same or different gender. And friends (even with the opposite gender friends) usually say "I love you" without hesitation and joke about them. She should have mentioned that she loves him in a romantic or sexual way when she confessed. I don't know if this anime is relatable at all but if anyone's got a female friend, I'd think they can understand what I'm trying to say (unless you have a crush on your female friend). If he really didn't treat her like a girl, he'd have been dense enough to not notice her getting groped. And instead he got a punch when he said her not to wear skirts out of concern for her. Reverse the gender & it would have been one hell of an anime.
Jan 11, 2023 7:24 PM

Feb 2013
This is going to be fun.
Jan 11, 2023 10:19 PM

Aug 2012
sannidhyz said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
So this series is pretty awful. The person who wrote it does not understand a lot of things... I stopped watching when the guy was hit like a ragdol (in real life his neck would most likely break and die). The girl is extremely violent and not in the way of Taiga. Is just violent. Also there is no point changing the language when for some reason you have such a low pitched voice. What you need is some estrogen. 
It's just borderline okayish. I've been trying to deal with it and hoping it would get better. If it doesn't get better, I'm dropping it by the 4th episode. Feel bad for the poor guy getting hit without even knowing why he's treated like a ragdoll yet apologizes afterwards. They went too overboard with the violence part. And for ppl saying, he doesn't treat her like a girl. He treats her like a friend. Just how you'd treat a friend. You don't treat friends differently whether they're the same or different gender. And friends (even with the opposite gender friends) usually say "I love you" without hesitation and joke about them. She should have mentioned that she loves him in a romantic or sexual way when she confessed. I don't know if this anime is relatable at all but if anyone's got a female friend, I'd think they can understand what I'm trying to say (unless you have a crush on your female friend). If he really didn't treat her like a girl, he'd have been dense enough to not notice her getting groped. And instead he got a punch when he said her not to wear skirts out of concern for her. Reverse the gender & it would have been one hell of an anime.

1. In japanesse the word for romantic love is different. I am not sure if she used ski or koi. Considering she uses ore apparently though...
2. it depends on the age they meet after an age women do not have friends anymore. Men after puberty see them as potential parteners and other women as competition.
3. as previously said if you are childhood friends may be hard to see the other as a partner and not as a sibling. And her emulating a guy does not help
4. not sure if reversing the gender would work. No matter how great a guy at that age they get a lot of rejections and no one bats an eye. If you remember in Toradora the guy she had a crush on originally had a crush on her got rejected and had to move on.
Jan 11, 2023 10:22 PM

Aug 2012
King_KK said:
Pimpi05 said:
It really feels like a light hearted show showing transgender struggle to find himself. I really hope show will explore Tomo inner thoughts about being a man and maybe his lover acceptence of Tomo being a guy.
Is this has manga adaptation? Does Tomo go through the gender change surgery and stuff? I know it is unlikely, but I'd love if anime adapted to modern views of the world and accepted transgender people as they are.
It would be lovely if Tomo was accepted as a guy as her inner self is, and even has romance.
Japan and anime really need to explore that side of world too. First episode was a bit of sad knowing Tomo feelings and seeing her forcing to become someone she isn't.

Mate you are looking at the wrong show if you want trans representation. I have read the entire manga and Tomo is a straight girl during the entirety of it. You will be very disappointed if you are looking for any sort of trans representation in this work.
if they stay faithful to the manga. the anime seems to want that direction.
Jan 12, 2023 12:47 AM

Mar 2013
I'm quite fond of Misuzu's character. lmao
Her VA made her quite fun to watch as well.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 12, 2023 5:58 AM

Aug 2021
I had been looking forward to this series for a long time, and in fact the one I was most looking forward to this season, the first episode gave a good sample of how funny it is.
Jan 12, 2023 11:27 AM

Jul 2016
I didn't know Rieri(Emilia/Megumin/Mash/Takagi) can voiced a boyish girl, I loved it ε٩(๑> ₃ <)۶з

I think Jun knows but prefer to not to treat Tomo like a girl because he's not used to, or he actually starting to have feelings for her and its making him embarrassed to tell her. C'mon Jun confess ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Gundo the love matchmaker, if Tomo can physically beat someone up, Gundo can mentally beat someone up. ψ(`∇´)ψ She felt like someone who'll do "Its all according to plan".

Jan 12, 2023 11:56 AM
May 2021
Great start for the anime. Characters all have personalities that mix well together for great comedy. It subverts some tropes while retaining many tired ones of the rom com genre. Can't wait to wait to watch more!
Jan 14, 2023 11:56 PM

Aug 2014
This episode gimme de ja vu. might be anime with similar plot
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 15, 2023 10:05 AM

May 2015
Someone is in denial.

Looks like a fun premise for a romcom. Hope there'll be a development in the end.
Jan 15, 2023 10:46 AM
Feb 2021
I sympathized I would say
Jan 16, 2023 11:17 AM
Jul 2020
It is heeeeeeeeeere.

Waited quite some time for this, loved the Manga, and after watching this first episode they carried over the feeling of the characters perfectly.

Also totally love the choice of VAs here, fits Tomo perfectly and Jun as well.

Can't wait to get into the shenanigans of Gundou.

So hyped!
Jan 17, 2023 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
Rie Takahashi doing a tomboy voice yesssss.
Jun grossly misinterpreted Tomo's words (reminds me of Sakura's misinterpreted confession with Nozaki).
Tomo wants to be seen as a girl but is all nervous when Jun does or Misuzu forces her to.
Misaki's fangirls picked the wrong girl to have a go at. Aww man, I wanted to see Tomo given them a beatdown.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 17, 2023 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
Feels good to see Tomo-chan again.
Jan 18, 2023 3:29 AM

May 2013
A good episode to kick the show off, so many characters introduced in a way that doesn't seem too much or irrelevant to the story.
Also somehow, I'm rooting for Jun and Misuzu :D Tomo-chan can find someone who actually gets her...
Jan 18, 2023 8:04 AM
Sep 2022
Animation is absolutely stunning.
Jan 18, 2023 12:56 PM

Mar 2010
haha good start, love riery's boi voice, and dat goth looking gal is pretty fun too.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 18, 2023 3:39 PM
May 2015
This anime is raw
You don't see this kind of stuff often these days
Jan 19, 2023 12:52 PM

Aug 2007
This was a complete surprise for me! I went in with no description, just the title, and I was worried it would be cliché and boring. Right from episode one Tomo-chan has been heartwarming, funny, sweet, and oddly relatable. I was pleasantly surprised and looking forward to more.
~Bright eyes, burning like fire. Bright eyes, how can you close and fail?~

~How can the light that burned so brightly, suddenly burn so pale? Bright eyes.~
Jan 20, 2023 7:12 AM
Jan 2021
This episode was just fine. There aren't really any gimmicks or plot points that have me interested. I'll do the 3 episode rule, but if it does not gain my interest, I will drop it. I am not saying I dislike it, it's just not interesting. The art style is cool though.
Jan 20, 2023 1:50 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty fun. We got some kinda love pentagon going on or some shit. The main duo are pretty fucking stupid but that's part of the charm I suppose. Misuzu is a real shit disturber.
Jan 22, 2023 4:07 PM
Jan 2023
It was pretty cool
Jan 22, 2023 5:39 PM
Aug 2021
It seems he does acknowledge her as a girl, although very briefly in the rain scene. He also does get jealous too.
Jan 22, 2023 10:23 PM

Dec 2012
It reminds me of Nagatoro for some reason

Jan 24, 2023 1:21 PM
Nov 2021
Rapaz... Eu não esperava que eu fosse ri tanto com esse primeiro episódio.
Eu gostei do tanto de piada que esse anime consegue criar com o que tem.
Jan 27, 2023 1:03 AM
Feb 2021
good start. funnE shit
Jan 28, 2023 6:14 PM
Sep 2020
That ep was really lighthearted and fun!

I completely forgot about the beginning chapters of Tomo-chan so it was like I was watching the story all over again ^^. I wonder if they are going to cut any scenes out just for the sake of time. It'll be interesting to see which ones they cut out if they do end up doing so! Also the va's all match the characters well and are how I pictured them to sound like which was cool xD. Overall great first ep and excited for more scenes to come!૮・ᵔ・ა

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ᨐᵉᵒʷ ⋆˙⟡ ✿
Jan 29, 2023 8:26 PM
Jan 2023
very funny start!!!!
Jan 29, 2023 9:31 PM
Nov 2021
That was really something... I have to rate it a 5/5 episode, personally I really enjoyed this episode.
I am really fond of Gundou, she seems really inrestering!
Of course, Tomo-chan is really great too, just did not like Jun much but other than that awesome, I am really looking forward for this anime :)
Jan 31, 2023 2:52 AM

Jul 2022
I don't know the problem between Jun and Gun, that backstory isn't even that personal, also i don't know what Jun was thinking when he pushed her in the rain..
Feb 1, 2023 12:55 PM
Nov 2019
Main guy has got to be the densest dude I've seen in any anime. 
Feb 5, 2023 8:18 PM

Sep 2016
Good art, excellent and attractive character designs, very simple premise, but filled with character and charm. I can see that this show has a lot of potential, but seems to be a bit more interested in the ecchi side of things than I would like. I hope to learn more about Jun's motivations for being so buddy buddy with Tomo, and why he doesn't treat her like a girl. I also hope that there will be more plot development, showing character growth, and relationship progress, instead of rivals and complications like most rom-coms get. A good first episode. This show is definitely a fatuous justification for ogling a tall redhead with a nice body wearing gym shorts under a short skirt, but the characters are so lovable that the focus on Tomo's "feminine physical traits" can be forgiven. I personally also love Gundo; the unapproachable villanous introvert with a hime-cut is more interesting than any other characters in the show so far.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2023

327 by Lanz »»
Jun 7, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

159 by Magicmist »»
Jun 3, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

125 by Magicmist »»
Jun 2, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2023

163 by Magicmist »»
Jun 1, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2023

178 by Magicmist »»
May 30, 3:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.