Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2020 5:01 AM
Sep 2019
Fuck Rachel

All my homies hate Rachel
Jun 18, 2020 5:37 AM
Jun 2019
Great episode the Rachel betrayal was spoiled but still cool to see how it went down. Major advancements in the plot and learning more about Khun's family this episode. Can't wait for next episode because then I can catch up to the webtoon :)
Jun 18, 2020 6:44 AM

Apr 2012
Ain't nobody gonna talk about how The Bull's death scene was straight out of a 90s/00s anime?
Jun 18, 2020 7:03 AM

Apr 2012
Umm okay then, Rachel is cancelled
Jun 18, 2020 7:04 AM
Nov 2008
Never trust women, kids.
Jun 18, 2020 7:06 AM
Jun 2020
Oh my god this episode the best
Jun 18, 2020 7:50 AM
Sep 2016
rousseau888 said:
StereoDissonance said:
Decent past 2 episodes, the overall show feels more coherent now.

• While somewhat predictable, Endorsi and Anak getting over their differences and fighting the pillow was nice, but they seemed to get stomped too easily.
  • Yuri Jahad getting a role was nice to see as well, although I wonder why Yuri is so much stronger than Endorsi when their both chosen princesses.
  • Coffee Tester is as indiscernible as ever, or I'm just confused.
  • Khun's brother seems interesting, and glad to see Khun has completely given up on the princess that betrayed him so harshly.
  • Not really sure how I feel about the Rachel turn. Earlier it seemed like she wanted Bam to not be weighed down by her (even before she faked injury). But now she wants to sabatoge him? I don't really get it.
  • The navigator tried to kill Rachel specifically ... I wonder why.

The show is picking up, but I still feel it's suffering a bit from introducing too much complexity earlier without properly explaining it. The last 2 episodes have also kept the tension more consistent, which really improved the show for me. Hopefully the last episode answers some of these questions.

Just to say no regular can beat a ranker even the strongest regular vs the weakest ranker, and Anaak and Androssi combined strength are extremely far from the strongest regular.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeJun 18, 2020 11:05 AM
Jun 18, 2020 8:02 AM
Nov 2017
I knew Rachel could not be trusted but I didn't think she'd go this far
Jun 18, 2020 8:12 AM

Aug 2018
Do you smell it kid ? Yes, that's the smell of betrayal in the air.

Betrayal as its finest, the fake physically handicaped Rachel showed that she could not be trusted once again.
Jun 18, 2020 8:13 AM

Nov 2019
I feel like this show has most people split into
1)People who are waiting for season 2 and are already hyped for it
2)People who are considering dropping the anime or are indifferent at this point
Most of the viewer base seemed to love the show at the 3-4 episode mark but then it started dipping off at the episode 7 mark.
This episode seems like it is trying to pave the way for a new season by giving us a taste for potential strength characters can obtain and that there is much more we don't know.The controversial part being Rachel pushing Bam, this may really be where most people decide whether or not to watch s2(If they decide that they will reveal details in s2 that will be annoying).
Rachel is already a weak character when it comes to audience popularity in the anime. Most favorite character polls peg bam and rachel in the lowest tiers.With this betrayal it will fall lower. Bam ,the simp and rachel, the twitch streamer that wants more donations.
Supporting character are the whole reason I continued watching the show.

Otorez said:
Do you smell it kid ? Yes, that's the smell of betrayal in the air.

Betrayal as its finest, the fake physically handicaped Rachel showed that she could not be trusted once again.

"The SimpLord Bam will trust her once again and once again he shall be betrayed" so says the prophecy.

OokamiRisu said:
Umm okay then, Rachel is cancelled

Cancel Rachel 2020? I'm on board bruh.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJun 18, 2020 11:07 AM
Jun 18, 2020 8:39 AM

Jul 2016
Yeaaaaah this anime really isnt that great so far, which is a damn shame, never expected to like a show about some fursuit more than this lol.
Jun 18, 2020 8:47 AM

Jun 2020
ah shit, it still pisses me off seeing this part in the webtoon
Jun 18, 2020 9:22 AM

Jul 2013
There were subtle hints that the anime was giving of Rachel's betrayal throughout this episode and the last. Unfortunately I was spoiled on her betrayal too by overeager manwha fans so the moment wasn't as good as could've been but can't wait to see exactly how much of a bitch she is next episode.
Jun 18, 2020 9:25 AM

Jul 2016
The ending... Omg, WHAT THE HELL!? I was in shock after the final scene.
And to worse things... Rachel reminds me my ex-boyfriend. Geez.
Jun 18, 2020 9:47 AM

Dec 2012
As much as I don't like Bam, I still hope someone kills this Rachel bitch.
Jun 18, 2020 9:49 AM
Apr 2017
The wheels of TOG are finally in motion lets go baby!!!
Jun 18, 2020 9:49 AM
Nov 2017
Fuck Rachel
All my homies hate Rachel
Jun 18, 2020 11:45 AM

Apr 2017
As a webtoon reader, some comments from other webtoon readers are so cringe.

Especially comments like "wait until ........ part" or saying "you don't know anything bla bla bla" to anime only people. Just shut the fuck up, stop giving people expectations.

Also you don't have to explain every little detail to anime onlies, let them figure shit on their own.
Jun 18, 2020 11:54 AM

Jul 2019
I thought Rachel was mysterious, then I disliked her, and now I really hate her. I hope Bam will take his revenge.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Jun 18, 2020 12:00 PM

Jun 2015
honestly f*** some of the webtoon readers...
Since episode 1 they were commenting everywhere (hah, you'll hate Rachel soon), thinking they're being smartasses and "subtly" spoiling what should have been one of the biggest plot twists, which made her betrayal have a lesser impact that it did. I'm so mad
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Jun 18, 2020 12:21 PM
Nov 2018
Thanks for the summary, @KANLen09! I don't even try to remember all the names, and there are so many plots. Good to see a summary.

Dukino said:
That's it? Really? That's what has webtoon readers so pissed off? Didn't really do anything for me, probably cause webtoon readers haven't shut up about "hating Rachel" since the anime was announced, but still. It was really random and felt like Rachel pushing Bam was merely for shock value.

True. And thanks, manwha readers, for dropping constant hints, just like manga readers did with Shield Hero. Yes, we get it, you read the story before we watched it, you have something to brag about. Please give more hints about what's going to come so we know you have read this, it's so impressive. Like, "by this PACE they'll only finish STORY ARC X before the end of the season". Be sure to skirt the no-spoilers rule just enough like that.

Bibimbapski said:
I already knew it was going to happen. Aside from reading spoilers intentionally, trust the ToG fanbase to spoil everything on all social media and even YouTube. I was spoiled by the fanbase before I decided to read spoilers a long time ago.

True. How else would we know They Have Already Read It, if they didn't spoil things? That would be unbearable. Imagine having read something, but people don't get to constantly see you prove it!

Fugg em. I have read ahead in Dr. Stone and several other stories over the years, all the way back to Bleach, and never revealed a thing.

BroxSaurfang said:
As a webtoon reader, some comments from other webtoon readers are so cringe.

Especially comments like "wait until ........ part" or saying "you don't know anything bla bla bla" to anime only people. Just shut the fuck up, stop giving people expectations.

Also you don't have to explain every little detail to anime onlies, let them figure shit on their own.

Yes, nice to see someone with some character.

Also, it's never impressive to have read a story online. I have done it myself many times, so I know it's not impressive. It just shows one has nothing better to do.
HegarJun 18, 2020 12:26 PM
Jun 18, 2020 12:25 PM

Jul 2017
Hegar said:
Thanks for the summary, @KANLen09! I don't even try to remember all the names, and there are so many plots. Good to see a summary.
Why thanks though.

As a no-spoiler bonus, all these are only just the tip of the iceberg though.
Jun 18, 2020 1:04 PM
Sep 2008
emanime said:
Ain't nobody gonna talk about how The Bull's death scene was straight out of a 90s/00s anime?

it's definitely better than how it was in the manhwa imo with a nice callback to the first episode
Jun 18, 2020 1:05 PM
Sep 2008
Light888 said:
There were subtle hints that the anime was giving of Rachel's betrayal throughout this episode and the last. Unfortunately I was spoiled on her betrayal too by overeager manwha fans so the moment wasn't as good as could've been but can't wait to see exactly how much of a bitch she is next episode.

its a shame they gave so many hints in this version
Jun 18, 2020 1:11 PM

Dec 2015
God damn this was so rushed xD

Kinda dunno why they changed the scene with Khun tho, like his brother wasn't this kind of character in the source material + Khun not getting his lighthouse hacked will create a plothole later. Stupid change tbh
Jun 18, 2020 1:14 PM
Sep 2008
Eh, we'll see about that, it was rushed but they wanted to get both fights in this episode as well as make it so episode 13 wraps up right where season 1 of the manhwa wraps up. Although I would rather the bull fight and ren beatdown was shorter if we could have gotten some of the stuff that was cut.
Jun 18, 2020 1:53 PM

Sep 2014
Cant say I was surprised Rachel isnt just all friends with Bam again after running away from him.

I forgot though, what was the point of this test again? Surely Bam and the rest wouldnt automatically reach the top because of one test.

Im glad there is one more episode, while this certainly is a cliffhanger it just didnt feel like a proper final.

This became convoluted with all the different things going on, while I liked the anime very much so far, now it just doesnt feel right.
Comander-07Jun 18, 2020 1:56 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 18, 2020 2:00 PM
Apr 2020
Siegfried10 said:
rousseau888 said:

Just to say no regular can beat a ranker even the strongest regular vs the weakest ranker, and Anaak and Androssi combined strength are extremely far from the strongest regular.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

Yes i know that already but you know what i mean :)
Jun 18, 2020 2:04 PM

Apr 2016
So, it finally happened. Rachel...
I really want a sequel, I want to see the second part animated.
Jun 18, 2020 2:08 PM

Nov 2014
Pochi9 said:
Finally something happens to Bam, I was getting tired of him getting saved by his own talents rather than by his own training. No shit Rachel betrayed Bam, super predictable.
no shit it's predictable. Webtoon readers have been spreading the hate so fucking well if you can't predict Rachel doing something deserving of that hate then i don't know what to say to u
Jun 18, 2020 2:35 PM

Sep 2007
Farmaceut said:
TOP 10 Anime Betrayals!

I wanted to comment this but thought someone definitely already did in those 6+ pages of posts but of course it's right here on the first page lol

Oh also I thought it was the last episode of this season (it felt like a cliffhanger type season ending) but luckily there's one more left, whoohoo~
vanetzJun 18, 2020 2:38 PM
Jun 18, 2020 3:28 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Wow. Fuck you, Rachel.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jun 18, 2020 4:19 PM
Feb 2016
Ok... time to Rage Bam time! Maybe he will explode all the test area? Can not wait to the final episode!
Jun 18, 2020 4:30 PM

Sep 2017
Rachel really trying to keep her insufferable personality trait high.
Jun 18, 2020 5:10 PM

Oct 2015
Rachel! Why?! I kid, Bam was getting really tropey towards the end and I'm glad they got Rachel to spice things up.

I'm glad I randomly choose this out of boredom.The show started out a little ruff, but found it's groove pretty quick. Each episode passed by pretty quick too. I'm looking forward to more episodes in the future.

Jun 18, 2020 5:32 PM

Oct 2019
Ooof, now many people will understand why the manhwa readers said "Rachel's a bitch"
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jun 18, 2020 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
This super simp needs to get it together - cant catch a clue if it slapped him in the face.
Jun 18, 2020 6:28 PM

Oct 2010
Rachel..meh..girls will be girls..

Excellent episode though, first time I felt some life in the anime.
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Jun 18, 2020 6:52 PM

Feb 2014
Ah here comes the betrayal. XD
The rise of Rachelitch!!

On another note, finally we get to see Yuri Jahad back. This girl ain't to be messed with.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 18, 2020 7:33 PM

Mar 2019
Saw that ending coming and it still gave me goosebumps. Best episode so far.
Jun 18, 2020 8:15 PM

May 2014
swordmaster2551 said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Why would I hate the character who is relatively interesting? Not every character in the story needs to be a perfect friendship machine, nor should they be. Being morally good and being well-written are completely different things.

you hate khun and rak? oof
I think you got it wrong.

What I wrote: Being a well-written character does not require that they are loyal to their friends.
How you probably read it: Every character who is loyal to their friends is poorly written. (Entirely different.)

Rak is boring for other reasons though. His running gags are not as funny as the show thinks they are.
TheDeedsOfMenJun 18, 2020 8:20 PM
Jun 18, 2020 8:18 PM
Feb 2018
Am I the only one who thinks that the cliff-hanger would have been the perfect wrap-up for season 1? I visited the MAL page of the anime just to realize that one episode is yet to be aired. Can episode 13 top the excitement and intensity delivered by this episode? Or it would have been better end season 1 with this episode?
Jun 18, 2020 8:41 PM
Apr 2020
Kapsize said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the cliff-hanger would have been the perfect wrap-up for season 1? I visited the MAL page of the anime just to realize that one episode is yet to be aired. Can episode 13 top the excitement and intensity delivered by this episode? Or it would have been better end season 1 with this episode?

Next episode will provide better place to wrap the season(as some important question need to answered and to deliver too.)
Jun 18, 2020 10:12 PM
Sep 2019
الأحداث سرعة جدا ولكن استمطع جدا
Jun 18, 2020 10:14 PM
Apr 2020
I’ll admit It now since maybe I been to bias because I love this webtoon so much but I have to admit this anime fucking sucks And I can’t believe they made such a mockery of this series by rushing it

If I ever get a chance to meets this director I think I may get arrested for what I will have to do to him
mmorazeJun 18, 2020 10:17 PM
Jun 18, 2020 10:44 PM
Feb 2017
Comander-07 said:

I forgot though, what was the point of this test again? Surely Bam and the rest wouldnt automatically reach the top because of one test.

This test will allow them to pass 2 floor and go to the 3 floor.
Jun 18, 2020 11:34 PM
May 2018
One of the most valued aspect of ToG, as I can get from reading comments from here and there, is the capacity of it to "surprise" the audience. Even on MAL the name "Tower of betrayals" can be read on every episode forum.
What really shocks me is the capacity of this people to get "surprised" by this. I don't like to theorize whil watching a new show because of the probability of hitting it, but this anime is absurdilly full of cliches. As much in the "character development" (assuming there is any real "character" to begin with) as in the storytelling.
Did anyone believe that Endorsi was to kill Anaak? No one expected Yuri to save them in the last momment? Was anybody surprised from that last betrayal? And Anaak and Endorsi passing from declared enemies to "we're friends and we'll climb together"... God, this is awfull... I already rated it with 3/10 but after this it might still drop from that.

I'm not saying that you can't enjoy this anime/manga, but I just can't understand how someone who is older than 12 y/o can call this unpredictable...

Maybe I'm just to old for this, who knows...
Jun 18, 2020 11:37 PM
May 2018
dandon223 said:
Comander-07 said:

Didn't they already passed to the third floor with that "score test" (I can't recall how you guys name it)
Jun 19, 2020 12:03 AM

Jun 2017
PurpleMario said:
One of the most valued aspect of ToG, as I can get from reading comments from here and there, is the capacity of it to "surprise" the audience. Even on MAL the name "Tower of betrayals" can be read on every episode forum.
What really shocks me is the capacity of this people to get "surprised" by this. I don't like to theorize whil watching a new show because of the probability of hitting it, but this anime is absurdilly full of cliches. As much in the "character development" (assuming there is any real "character" to begin with) as in the storytelling.
Did anyone believe that Endorsi was to kill Anaak? No one expected Yuri to save them in the last momment? Was anybody surprised from that last betrayal? And Anaak and Endorsi passing from declared enemies to "we're friends and we'll climb together"... God, this is awfull... I already rated it with 3/10 but after this it might still drop from that.

I'm not saying that you can't enjoy this anime/manga, but I just can't understand how someone who is older than 12 y/o can call this unpredictable...

Maybe I'm just to old for this, who knows...
PurpleMario said:
dandon223 said:

Didn't they already passed to the third floor with that "score test" (I can't recall how you guys name it)

I think you found it totally predictable because some webtoon readers spammed 'fuck rachel' and 'I hate rachel' everywhere and that made people already expect her to do something. I think most of these people don't understand how childish they can be, yes you can enjoy the webtoon (I do too) but there's no reason to spoil it for those who only see the anime.

Endorsi had a much greater development and focus on the webtoon. None of this "we are friends" stuff were on the webtoon, I think they did it in the anime to appeal more to the generic Shonen public that likes this kind of thing.

As for the score you got it wrong. The score served to perform the last test to move to the next floor. Those with the highest scores in each position could participate in this last test. However Rachel would not be able to participate because she was "severely injured" so Bam decided to take the test done by the Guardian.

Well, I think you'll like the second season a lot more than the first one(I at least liked it a lot). The current and ongoing third season is kinda meeh for now, but lets see.
Jun 19, 2020 12:55 AM

Mar 2019
Holy heck, Yuri is amazing. Seeing her destroy that guy was immensely satisfying.
That ending, though... Big yikes. I guess that's why everyone always insults Rachel.
I'm very curious what will happen next. It's a real shame that there is only one episode left this season. I don't want it to end. :c
OωO
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marinate1016 - May 6, 2020

315 by TrippyPepper »»
Sep 11, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

475 by Warchiii »»
Sep 5, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jun 10, 2020

211 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kyle_Kirchner - Jun 3, 2020

262 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Red - May 27, 2020

291 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.