Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Feb 5, 2018 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
Kittens-kun said:
Username23489023 said:

Wanting to ride with your partner does not dismiss the fact others rode with your partner at your own discretion. Wanting to watch others ride your partner is a fetish, a cuckhold fetish. To deny this, is to deny the sexual subtext.

Except, he never actually wanted her to do that.

Don't bother. He's clearly trolling/baiting people into arguing over the dumbest of things.
Feb 5, 2018 3:32 PM
Feb 2018
Troll12345678966 said:
Zikander said:
why can't Ichigo have him...poor her...
😢
Who said he cant have both?? This universe clearly doesnt follow the same social norms as ours, maybe polygamy is more normal here than we think.
Troll12345678966 said:
Zikander said:
why can't Ichigo have him...poor her...
😢
Who said he cant have both?? This universe clearly doesnt follow the same social norms as ours, maybe polygamy is more normal here than we think.
That's not gonna happen😡
Feb 5, 2018 3:54 PM

Apr 2016
I like the direction and development in this episode, much better than previous ones. The action sequence was also dope. As for the characters, a bit chessy but so far not much problem, everyone just wants to "ride" with the one they're interested which is funny.

Though I'm more interested in Ichigo I don't think she'll get what she wants in the end, the show already set up a premise between 002 and Hiro.
Feb 5, 2018 5:33 PM

Jun 2017
Zikander said:
Troll12345678966 said:
Troll12345678966 said:
That's not gonna happen😡

Zero Two kinda acknowledged Ichigo as the beta female though, I think they are gonna bond some eventually.
Feb 5, 2018 5:53 PM
Feb 2018
MomoSinX said:
Zikander said:
That's not gonna happen😡

Zero Two kinda acknowledged Ichigo as the beta female though, I think they are gonna bond some eventually.

I think so too, and it will be interesting to see if Zero Two can get past her shell and cynical perspective and start to connect with the kids.

But that said, she still totally rubbed Ichigo's nose in it with that smirk, so I don't think she is anywhere near that yet. And Hiro is exclusively her property at this point, so to speak.
Feb 5, 2018 6:36 PM
Feb 2018
FLCL had a very dark turn with its female lead, and I see hints of FLCL in here already. Notice how, aside from being another magical pixie type with pink hair who happens to be taller and probably older than the MC (all very FLCL) Zero Two even does the "Do you want to go away with me? Nah, just kidding." thing with the MC - a very FLCL kind of moment as well. Sure, there are hints she may actually be sincere in this case, but to what end?

Could this series take a similar dark turn before the end? Maybe Zero Two is not the sum of the parts we have seen so far? That kiss of death line in the OP makes me wonder...

Still, if I had to guess, I would think the similarities to stuff like FLCL is more because stories with this character trope and dynamic just happen to have similar traits that get led back to for cultural and storytelling reasons, and not because the story will actually head in the very same direction - kind of like how shonen shows that borrow some story notes from shojo may come off as more drama or down to earth slice of life leaning initially, but ultimately come back to shonen storytelling in the end with the usual action and heroics.

So, if speculating more seriously, I'm guessing - dark past for demon girl, but good intentions towards darling, though he will have to adjust to a bit more than just a couple little horns to make the relationship work, as the prologue images hinted at her being even less human than what has been suggested in the rest of the eps so far.
Feb 5, 2018 6:48 PM
Jan 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
-Stray said:
Anyways things are finally getting interesting, btw does anyone else feels like whenever they're talking about "being inside" or "ridding" that its something sexual.. no? just me? ayt.

No you're definitely not the only one feeling this way, as this entire anime is pretty much a huge sexual metaphor. And it's not even limited to the position they're in when piloting a FranXX, or the lines in this episode like "I feel myself going deeper inside you" and "You wanna ride me, huh?" Back in episode two, when the annoying kid (Zorome?) refused to believe that Hiro piloted a FranXX before they did, that could be interpreted as him basically saying there's no way Hiro lost his virginity before they did. And I saw Mitsuru's persistence in riding with 02 last episode as him implying that he could fuck her better than Hiro ever could. So yeah, sexual innuendos are everywhere in this show.

And they're called "stamen" and "pistil" which are the sexual organs of flowers, with stamens basically being the dicks of the flower and the pistil being the vagina. When they mentioned that for the first time (ep 2 maybe?) that basically confirmed everything to me.
Also in the first scene we see the girls were suiting up, Miku was grabbing at Kokoro's lower abdomen which is where women feel the dick during sex, and saying something like how it feels like your insides being messed up.

EDIT: Just realized all the mech names are flower genera. The common name for Strelitzia is bird of paradise flower. The pilots are the sexual organs and the FranXX is the flower.
rymsuFeb 10, 2018 4:04 PM
Feb 5, 2018 8:38 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome action packed episode!
so now Hiro's gotta ride Zero Two one more time until he gets consumed/destroyed!?
5/5.

Feb 5, 2018 9:39 PM
Jul 2014
Zikander said:
Troll12345678966 said:
Troll12345678966 said:
That's not gonna happen😡

And as usual, the manga is left to expand on what the anime should have covered, only further confirming your suspicions and actually finalizing the double entendre, along with Ichigo's unspoken desire for Hiro:

So yes, there's quite a cat-fight going on here where Hiro is concerned, though like Hiro, Ichigo doesn't fully understand the implications of her feelings.
Feb 6, 2018 1:23 AM
Jan 2018
I saw the episode

Angel942Feb 6, 2018 4:04 AM
Feb 6, 2018 3:09 AM
Jul 2017
MomoSinX said:
Zikander said:
That's not gonna happen😡

Well yeah ofc, they ARE going to be co brides someday, it would be hard if they dont get along...
Feb 6, 2018 3:20 AM
Jul 2017
Hiro smiles in this episode. And no overdrama. I love it.
Feb 6, 2018 3:58 AM
Mar 2012
Double kabedon.
Hiro stopped acting weak mc, as this time he stayed conscious his skill & compatibility are increasing. Embarrassing but brave speech there yelling thru the entire hall. 02's winface & Ichigo's turn to get cucked.
Nice ballroom quickstep, they should really dance more.
Mitsuru's changing too for the better.

Feb 6, 2018 4:16 AM
Jan 2018
This image in the opening, to refers when in this episode 02 lowers the head to hiro as a sign of confidence?
Angel942Feb 6, 2018 4:35 AM
Feb 6, 2018 6:24 AM
Jan 2016
MistLiigh said:
moodie said:
Funny enough this is the first episode handled by Trigger.

If that really is what that means (I can't read Japanese, so I don't know the context of "TRIGGER" being listed in that spot), then that would explain a lot lol I'd be interested to see a reliable list of exactly how everything was divided up between the studios, though somehow I doubt anything so convenient exists yet.

Animators, storyboards and colour artists from Trigger in A-1 Pictures' studio, with their equipment. Also sounds, bgm, sfx, music recording was done by A-1 entirely. Trigger only dealt with animation, art style, OP and Ed, and some miscellaneous work here and there. Source undisclosed, but he is an animator from A-1.
Feb 6, 2018 8:05 AM

May 2016
Damn that was like I was watching a girl teasing a boy for lust lmao. Too many weird dialogues.
Feb 6, 2018 9:12 AM
Feb 2018
Username23489023 said:
uninstallthegame said:

by your logic the same goes for 002, since she too watched Hiro riding with Ichigo an episode before everyone started shitting on the MC for being a cuck
but there was no hate towards 002, why?

Women cannot be cuckholded, men cannot give birth.

and also, if you hate the MC so much, why do you continue watching the show?
Why do you think defining his character means I hate him? Why would I stop watching a show I rated a 7 - Good.

Women can be cuckqueans you dumbass. A cuckquean is the female version of a cuckold. You obviously have no idea what a cuckold is if you think it has to do with getting pregnant, and you should stop using words that you don't fully understand.
AkA474Feb 6, 2018 9:17 AM
Feb 6, 2018 9:53 AM
Jan 2018
guys, but in the scene where they run towards the strelitzia, hiro chases her or runs with her?
Feb 6, 2018 12:45 PM

May 2013
Angel942 said:
guys, but in the scene where they run towards the strelitzia, hiro chases her or runs with her?

They are still holding hands and she pulls him.
Feb 6, 2018 1:54 PM

Mar 2014
Aaaaa that was really cute! I was really neutral towards Zero Two but this episode was pretty fun. I enjoyed it, but even if it focused more on the characters I feel like it just scratched the surface... the characters are still not well developed on an emotional level but it's still the 4th episode so I hope this will change in the future.
Feb 6, 2018 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
After the hate everyone spill on the show I almost gave up. Well, I said to myself if this episode gonna ends just like ones before, probably I'll drop this anime...
But I really enjoyed it and I wish it keeps improving like this. Characters are still a bit stereotypical, but they had a few nice moments that made me think "they're not bad, just need more improvement and I will love them" - and our main boy did finally good shit and the hype rised strongly.
Also, the OST was interesting and fit the scenes well. I won't say much more, but the episode was good overall and I hope for better stuff in next weeks. Too bad that quite a number of ppl dropped it already, but maybe they will watch it after some positive reviews after the anime ends.
TBH I'll give it a chance!
Feb 6, 2018 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
alright he finally stopped being a bitch and told her he actually feels
Feb 6, 2018 4:33 PM

Jul 2013
the plot and characters still haven't done anything to particularly wow me other than the subtle hints of lore peppered throughout the episodes, but i like the music and animation+character designs and i'm having a generally good time, so i can't complain too much.

if it gets worse i'll drop it but if it stays about the same i'll stick with it. not much else airing this season i care about so i need some filler lol. i'm kind of hoping that it does get better later on though. i find that two cour series (especially original ones) often have a slow start,so...
Feb 6, 2018 10:57 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice fight and suppose taht Hiro will be the real couple for 002!!!
Feb 7, 2018 10:10 AM
Jan 2018

Does anybody else think 02 is up to something? This smile seems very sinister.
Feb 7, 2018 10:14 AM

Oct 2015
Man, this anime is getting better and better
(unlike mixed bag like Gundam IBO (most elitists praise it))

I like Zero Two very much <3
Feb 7, 2018 5:50 PM

Oct 2015
There were shots where Hiro looked like Kirito for some seconds lol
Feb 7, 2018 10:00 PM
Dec 2017
Great Episode fellas
Feb 8, 2018 12:30 AM
Jan 2018
30 min, to ep 5 preview!
Feb 8, 2018 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
I hope the show continues to improve from here, it has promise.
Feb 8, 2018 3:54 PM
Jan 2018
Zikander said:
D1UTURNUS said:

Sums up this episode
loled this one. That's 02 mocking ichigo. Haha

But is hiro or zero two that see ichigo?
Feb 8, 2018 5:39 PM
Jul 2015
That Zero Two running to Hiro scene made this entire episode
Feb 9, 2018 3:18 PM
Mar 2016
Was considering dropping the show after how meh episode 2 and 3 were but I'm glad I liked episode 1 enough to stick with it until now when it looks like it's getting good again.

002 was perfect waifu bait as always and Hiro has officially un-cucked himself and is no longer a little beta boypussy, yay ths show is starting to get good again.

Feb 9, 2018 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Looks like Zero Two and Hiro will officially be a pair. Loved the last part of the episode.

Feb 10, 2018 5:46 AM

May 2013
Episode 4 in a Nutshell:

Feb 10, 2018 6:29 AM

Sep 2016
I like this anime but god damn is it frustrating that it's not a masterpiece with a staff like that. All it would take to make it absolutely amazing is just some minor improvements in the art direction and writing, but at this point it's no surprise that A-1 pictures always find a way to lower even the most amazing of productions.
Looking forward to ep 5 tho, imaishi's action scenes make the show a lot better for me.
Feb 10, 2018 4:23 PM

Feb 2013
It's about time.. they've been dragging this out long enough.

(insert dirty joke here)
Feb 10, 2018 9:37 PM

Mar 2017
episode 4 got me breaathing so heavily because HIRO AND ZERO ONE'S SCENE TOGETHER WAS SO CUTEE I CAN'T EVEN---

IM ALREADY SHIPPING THEM

Angel942 said:
Zikander said:
loled this one. That's 02 mocking ichigo. Haha

But is hiro or zero two that see ichigo?

THAT PART THOO!!

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 11, 2018 5:50 AM
Dec 2009
The talk about "Papa" in this episode gave me serious Evangelion-vibes.

memer-kun said:
really enjoyed this episode!! a lot of unanswered questions for me in general though
why is her code 002? is there a 001 and 000 that are also like her? why is hiro called a different type of species by "papa" and if it has some connection to why he is the only one capable of riding with zero two? why are they in a sex position to pilot a robot?

My current guess is that she's some kind of Frankenstein-like experiment to mix humans and dinosaurs, so there's a Zero One also (who either died or we haven't seen yet)
Feb 13, 2018 3:46 AM

Jan 2018
OMG that horn poke was so cute. Great ep. Even people who dislike mecha animes are liking this one.
Feb 13, 2018 1:51 PM

May 2009
"I feel myself going deeper inside you" ....NANI?!

I just can't get over the fact how over-exaggerated everything is. Man this show makes me laugh my ass off. Will still keep watching the show, but could eventually drop it after all. Depends on how everything goes from now on.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 18, 2018 3:47 PM

Jan 2013
Some intentionally awkward lines, but okay episode. A bit sappy and way too easy to get away from those guards.
Feb 20, 2018 2:57 PM

May 2016
The botty and solid 10/10
Feb 20, 2018 2:58 PM

May 2016
giannisww said:

The wait was worth it.

:3

DAT BOTTY THO ;D
Feb 22, 2018 12:51 AM

Jul 2016
That was the obvious thing to do bisecting the worm klaxosaur, because you don't need to know exactly where the core is if you run the entire length of it.
Feb 26, 2018 9:08 PM

May 2017
omg I'm only 4 episodes in and I'm loving every second of this show. From the world building, to the mech and monster designs, to the internal, external and generational character struggles, the music, action GAH.

phew needed to get that out of my system. lets hope it can keep it up.
Feb 28, 2018 3:21 PM

Jul 2016
She just walked in on Hiro in the bath! you naughty girl!

When Hiro said to Zero Two '' I can feel myself going deeper inside you '' I done fucking spilled my Cola haha!

So 4 episodes in to this series and so far it's 8/10 for me.
Mar 8, 2018 8:59 PM

Sep 2015
This got a lot better after this episode. She smiled "How can I leave after that." That moment was great.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 24, 2018 6:36 AM

Aug 2016
I thought Hiro would struggle later on during the fight but I guess not.

Set by SenpieX
Mar 28, 2018 9:42 PM
Oct 2007
I must admit at this stage, one of the core concept of using indirect ecchi is ingenious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Yesterday, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1501 by Extremo888 »»
Sep 2, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

343 by NB_Links »»
Sep 1, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

50 by jumbosan »»
Jul 30, 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.