Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
May 23, 2017 2:10 AM

May 2009
Torasu said:
I've been a member of BakaBT since so many years with absurdly positive ratios (compared to my upload speed which is terrible) and now I discover my account has been pruned with no way to get it back.

If anyone still has access and can send me an invite pass, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

BBT is still closed to new members, unfortunately.
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Jun 4, 2017 7:54 PM
Aug 2008
Seiya said:
jedman said:

Watching the DVD version of 1997 Berserk I had compared to the blu ray version was like night and day, surely a blu ray remaster is always going to look better?

You have to keep in mind that every Anime TV series created prior to the millenium was created in 480p or lower, so you can't magically make it "HD," if the source is SD.

The compression methods of DVD manufacturing have improved since the early 2000s, and are about as good as SD content is going to get.

I own the Bubblegum Crisis DVD box set, and I watched it on my 32" CRT TV with component cables, and the picture was crystal clear. There was absolutely no reason for AnimEigo to put it on Blu-ray, as the difference was extremely minor.

Video engineers [i'm not sure how they're called] creates miracles when it comes to remastering. Maybe you saw classic movies like It's a Wonderful Life. I watched remastered B&W and Coloured. Then i found the original SD resolution. It was ... It seemed like i listened a very old record on a gramophone.

This will give an idea on what i'm trying to explain:
Jun 4, 2017 8:11 PM

Jun 2014
nocseiz said:
Seiya said:

You have to keep in mind that every Anime TV series created prior to the millenium was created in 480p or lower, so you can't magically make it "HD," if the source is SD.

The compression methods of DVD manufacturing have improved since the early 2000s, and are about as good as SD content is going to get.

I own the Bubblegum Crisis DVD box set, and I watched it on my 32" CRT TV with component cables, and the picture was crystal clear. There was absolutely no reason for AnimEigo to put it on Blu-ray, as the difference was extremely minor.

Video engineers [i'm not sure how they're called] creates miracles when it comes to remastering. Maybe you saw classic movies like It's a Wonderful Life. I watched remastered B&W and Coloured. Then i found the original SD resolution. It was ... It seemed like i listened a very old record on a gramophone.

This will give an idea on what i'm trying to explain:

Movies, even ones from 80 years ago, we originally filmed with a fairly high resolution film stock(35mm or higher), and that's why they can put out high quality versions, by using the original source stock.

But with older Anime, specifically TV series and OVAs, the original source is 480p or lower, which is different. You can't magically make an SD source HD, as it won't really be of any improvement.

Jun 4, 2017 8:23 PM

Jun 2011
Seiya said:
But with older Anime, specifically TV series and OVAs, the original source is 480p or lower, which is different. You can't magically make an SD source HD, as it won't really be of any improvement.

Pretty sure old anime uses animation cels, which can be transferred to HD the same way film can.
Jun 4, 2017 8:28 PM

Jun 2014
Narmy said:
Seiya said:

Pretty sure old anime uses animation cels, which can be transferred to HD the same way film can.

Yes, but the cels are of an SD stock size, so the difference is only minimal. The only difference is with Anime movies, which are created at a higher resolution than an Anime TV series/OVA.

Jun 4, 2017 8:39 PM

Jun 2011
Seiya said:
Narmy said:

Yes, but the cels are of an SD stock size, so the difference is only minimal. The only difference is with Anime movies, which are created at a higher resolution than an Anime TV series/OVA.

Well as an example of how they can re-record the source to be higher than SD quality, here's the same intricate image from both the DVD and BD version of Evangelion. You can see detail in the BD version that isn't in the DVD version.

Jun 4, 2017 9:40 PM

Jun 2014
Narmy said:
Seiya said:

Well as an example of how they can re-record the source to be higher than SD quality, here's the same intricate image from both the DVD and BD version of Evangelion. You can see detail in the BD version that isn't in the DVD version.

The difference there is extremely minor though. It's not enough to warrant re-purchasing something if you already have it on DVD.

Jun 10, 2017 1:30 AM

Mar 2016
I was going to, like, beg for an invite or something but the thread turned into weird people not knowing how a codec works and the difference between dvd's mpg2 vs brd's h264; or that gengas and cells are actually bigger than film stock because they had to, you know, draw and paint paint them with pens and brushes by hand.

Cab I get an invite to AB if I explain what an i-frame is or how the analogue capture process works?
eh, hago cosas en youtube. Si te pinta pasate www.youtube.com/c/verduritasparasopa
Jun 10, 2017 10:35 PM
Nov 2014
Anyone who has Victorique (UTW Subs) for Gosick?

My account was deleted (I think) because my leeching and seeding ratio are not equal. Even though I tried recovering through the e-mail I have used, it says that," No user was found in the database with email address bluehamigo@yahoo.com. It is either not yet activated or it has been pruned for inactivity."

This is sad :(
Jun 11, 2017 4:50 AM

May 2009
tomateunmate said:
I was going to, like, beg for an invite or something but the thread turned into weird people not knowing how a codec works and the difference between dvd's mpg2 vs brd's h264; or that gengas and cells are actually bigger than film stock because they had to, you know, draw and paint paint them with pens and brushes by hand.

Cab I get an invite to AB if I explain what an i-frame is or how the analogue capture process works?

As far as I know, that feature isn't ready yet so nobody new can join BBT yet. ):
Jun 18, 2017 12:03 AM
Feb 2015
wtf? I just found out today that shit has gone total private, and i was even member of it but haven't used the account for like 2 months because of some other work. and just finally when i thought that this season is almost over and head over to nyaa and found out its dead, sadden me to death ;-; and headed over to bakaBT and my username and pass didn't matched, tried recovery but it said accound doesn't exist. GG life is so ***ked up now
Jun 18, 2017 12:06 AM

Jun 2011
Terminator_Neon said:
wtf? I just found out today that shit has gone total private, and i was even member of it but haven't used the account for like 2 months because of some other work. and just finally when i thought that this season is almost over and head over to nyaa and found out its dead, sadden me to death ;-; and headed over to bakaBT and my username and pass didn't matched, tried recovery but it said accound doesn't exist. GG life is so ***ked up now

If your account was deleted that means you haven't used it for like 11 months, not 2.
Jun 18, 2017 12:11 AM
Feb 2015
Narmy said:

If your account was deleted that means you haven't used it for like 11 months, not 2.

i made the account in Feb,2017 and haven't visited it since start of april.17
my first priority was always Nyaa torrents and would find every anime i want but ;-; so many bad things happened in while ;-; Kat died, Nyaa died, Shaanig went down too and now found out BakaBT is gone full Private
Jun 18, 2017 2:20 AM

Oct 2008
I kind of recall having an account there.

I remember i couldn't upload crap, because everything that was available, was already on it. So no matter what i downloaded, even with 60.000 leech, eventually my ratio went south. So i asked what's the point of having an account. And some mod told me, nothing, unless i can get my hands on stuff they don't have yet. Which is literally impossible.

And now they just go private...
I never really liked their elitist stance towards other anime fans.
But the their database for old stuff will be missed.
Jun 18, 2017 3:14 AM

May 2009
Terminator_Neon said:
Narmy said:

my first priority was always Nyaa torrents and would find every anime i want but ;-; so many bad things happened in while ;-; Kat died, Nyaa died, Shaanig went down too and now found out BakaBT is gone full Private

You should contact the admins of BBT
Jun 20, 2017 1:53 AM
Feb 2015
CataOrShane said:
Terminator_Neon said:

Have no idea how to contact them
Jun 21, 2017 2:12 AM

May 2009
Terminator_Neon said:
CataOrShane said:

Have no idea how to contact them

First, see if you can go to the forums (https://forums.bakabt.me/) and post your issues there. They'll almost automatically respond. If you don't have access to the forums, check if you can use this message box:

https://bakabt.me/help.php
Jun 30, 2017 8:40 AM
Jun 2017
what F--U--C--K is going on? what happen to bakabt??? someone please tell me what happen? lots of thing need to download ..... i am busted
Jul 9, 2017 2:20 AM

Sep 2014
GrimRiper said:
what F--U--C--K is going on? what happen to bakabt??? someone please tell me what happen? lots of thing need to download ..... i am busted

They went private so no more free leeching. Also those who don't have an account are in your word -
F--U--C--K
Jul 11, 2017 6:39 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like we'll be able to sign up eventually.

https://twitter.com/BakaBT/status/871179813293248513
Jul 16, 2017 7:55 AM

Jan 2015
@CataOrShane
Can we expect a yearly wait before the signup feature for new members would be ready? OwO
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jul 20, 2017 4:15 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
A small quote from the news on the site. Since so many people seem unaware of why and what happened.

bakabt said:
As many of you are now aware, starting yesterday you were faced with a login screen when you tried accessing BakaBT.
This time it is not a prank, we are forced to change our model to a private tracker, and to remove our public component.

The reason for the change is a targeted assault by a copyright agency. Despite our cooperation and ban of the reported titles, they kept spamming our hosting provider with C&D letters...

~Duki3003

So, basically, legal bullshit

Aug 15, 2017 7:56 PM

Nov 2007
OMG! Just found out that you can get pruned accounts back! *Buckets of tears*
https://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=47268.0
Aug 24, 2017 7:23 AM
Jan 2014
4444holic said:

Can you tell us how? I clicked your link but it asks me to login first. :(
Aug 24, 2017 7:29 AM

Apr 2015
I wish things would go back to normal (or at least the old normal). I have an account but my Internet is so shitty at my house it's impossible to seed/keep a good ratio (I had a seedbox trial for a few days which got me my initial ratio but if I download anything now it'll definitely tank).
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 31, 2017 8:05 AM

Aug 2008
DarkSlayer182 said:
4444holic said:

Can you tell us how? I clicked your link but it asks me to login first. :(

Content of that topic below.
It also says that if you don't have an account you can get one if you go to the #bakabt-invites IRC channel on Rizon for interview.

Duki3003 said:
"As promised when we closed off our public component, several months ago now, we have been working on a way to still join BakaBT.
Currently our invite system is still in it's early phase of development, but it is possible for new users to join BakaBT by interview in our #bakabt-invites channel.

However users who still have a forum account, but had their tracker account pruned will be able to reactivate their account from their forum profile page. Do bear in mind that reactivated accounts are basically treated as new accounts, so stats will be 0 as we do not keep records of your old account stats once they are pruned.

Individual user invites will be made available soon, so Power Users will be able to invite people they want/trust outside of the official invite channel, but as mentioned that feature is still under development. Currently I cannot give an exact ETA, but we're hoping to finish this feature sooner rather than later.

-Duki3003"
Oct 11, 2017 10:03 AM
Jul 2009
4444holic said:

Thanks !!!! Managed to recover my 5 year old account :)
Oct 12, 2017 1:32 AM

Aug 2007
leke900 said:
4444holic said:

Thanks !!!! Managed to recover my 5 year old account :)

Thanks for the bump. Wouldn't have even noticed. Probably won't really use my account though.
Oct 12, 2017 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
How do I sign up for Bakabt? When I go on their website it says "And the future never comes" "What comes is always here now"-Osho and displays username and password one now and recover. Is it impossible to sign up for it? If not, someone should send me a link to sign up.
Oct 12, 2017 6:30 PM

Nov 2009
Squall99 said:
How do I sign up for Bakabt? When I go on their website it says "And the future never comes" "What comes is always here now"-Osho and displays username and password one now and recover. Is it impossible to sign up for it? If not, someone should send me a link to sign up.

If you read the thread, you will find the answer.
Oct 13, 2017 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't ask for your opinion
Oct 13, 2017 7:28 PM

Jul 2017
This was a big loss. i downloaded most of my hentai from there. Sucks this happened, but i have my ways of obtaining anime.
Oct 27, 2017 11:54 PM

Apr 2010
4444holic said:

Dude I am freaking out. I got my account back because of this. Thank you so much. Words cannot express my joy right now.
Oct 28, 2017 2:11 AM
Apr 2008
4444holic said:

Confirmed that I got my account back using this method. 4 year old account recovered.
Oct 30, 2017 4:37 AM

Sep 2016
Any news yet? Apparently Rumbel Subs' sub of Gintama was available only there. Going to their sign in page gave me a small quote with a u and p box above a picture of some Clannad shit. Someone help! I need the Gintama Rumbel Subs' ASAP
Nov 29, 2017 6:42 PM
Dec 2014
Yasaal said:
Any news yet? Apparently Rumbel Subs' sub of Gintama was available only there. Going to their sign in page gave me a small quote with a u and p box above a picture of some Clannad shit. Someone help! I need the Gintama Rumbel Subs' ASAP

I just had a look and can confirm Rumbel of Gintama is available on BakaBT. I checked it and it also available on AnimeBytes (private) and Nyaa (public)

If you goto Nyaa you can look at torrent 427071 & 786612
Nov 29, 2017 6:59 PM

Apr 2011
Yasaal said:

BakaBT went private, so unless you already had an account there, you won't be able to access the website.
Nov 29, 2017 7:37 PM

Aug 2009
I apparently lost my account due to inactivity. Despite me giving up on keeping up with anime, this actually kinda sucks since I don't have BakaBT as an option anymore, and my share ratio was pretty good too.

Well, at least I have DVDs, Bly-rays and Netflix, and I might as well sign up with Nyaa for that one thing I want.

Nov 29, 2017 11:55 PM

Sep 2016
Valaskjalf said:
Yasaal said:

BakaBT went private, so unless you already had an account there, you won't be able to access the website.
I don't have an account unfortunately...
Nov 30, 2017 4:42 PM
Dec 2014
ChieIsBestWaifu said:
I apparently lost my account due to inactivity. Despite me giving up on keeping up with anime, this actually kinda sucks since I don't have BakaBT as an option anymore, and my share ratio was pretty good too.

Try to just reset your password on the website, I hadn't visited in what felt like years until this week and my account was still good on the tracker after a password reset and if it doesn't work try reset your account on the forum. Forum accounts aren't deleted for inactivity and you can recover your tracker account from the forum usercp.
Nov 30, 2017 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
Agret said:
ChieIsBestWaifu said:

Try to just reset your password on the website, I hadn't visited in what felt like years until this week and my account was still good on the tracker after a password reset and if it doesn't work try reset your account on the forum. Forum accounts aren't deleted for inactivity and you can recover your tracker account from the forum usercp.

It's been over three years for me. My account is dead.

Nov 30, 2017 9:13 PM
Apr 2013
Dec 5, 2017 2:55 PM
Jul 2016
I just went on the irc a couple of hours ago got an interview withing 10 seconds and was sent an invite after the interview they just ask a couple of questions to check if you understand how torrenting works then thats it
Dec 5, 2017 3:00 PM

Oct 2007
DebiT72 said:

> asks question
> gets answer
"I didn't ask for your opinion"

Answer =/= opinion

OT: animebytes is vastly superior to bakabt btw, if people still care at all.
Dec 5, 2017 5:05 PM
Apr 2013

Yes, I need a damn interview for joining a damn pirate site.
Dec 8, 2017 8:56 PM

Aug 2007
Kuromii said:
DebiT72 said:

> asks question
> gets answer

Answer =/= opinion

That sounds familiar for some reason.
Dec 11, 2017 2:23 AM

Jun 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Kuromii said:

> asks question
> gets answer

Answer =/= opinion

That sounds familiar for some reason.

Unfortunately impossible to get in there it seems.
Dec 19, 2017 12:32 PM
Dec 2017
This whole forum was hilarious to read for the most part, a bunch of cancerous selfish people (probably millennials) crying that they can't have the way they want with zero consequences. Especially the people using the site for a long time and never making an account. I used it once or twice, and when I was sure I liked it, I made an account. 4.4 ratio too at the moment.

The people using money as an excuse are the best. When i was a kid my single mom raised four kids on her own and we had internet good enough to torrent, even if it was slow. I love to see greedy leaches get their just desserts one in a while
Dec 22, 2017 10:04 AM

Mar 2016

kek
< ramensama92

Now I go by the name RamenSub there btw :^)
Dec 24, 2017 10:30 AM

Aug 2007
AdmrlAwesome said:
This whole forum was hilarious to read for the most part, a bunch of cancerous selfish people (probably millennials) crying that they can't have the way they want with zero consequences. Especially the people using the site for a long time and never making an account. I used it once or twice, and when I was sure I liked it, I made an account. 4.4 ratio too at the moment.

The people using money as an excuse are the best. When i was a kid my single mom raised four kids on her own and we had internet good enough to torrent, even if it was slow. I love to see greedy leaches get their just desserts one in a while

I laughed that you think people complain about money because of slow internet connections when talking about piracy.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.