Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Mar 31, 2017 2:20 PM
Dec 2015
Can someone explain to me the logic behind giving a first season 24 eps , but the second season 12 eps? Surely back in 2013 by giving us 2 cour it poses a risk as SnK was kind of unknown back then?
Mar 31, 2017 2:23 PM
Mar 2013
at first, i was also very disappointed but come on. better than exploited fillers
Mar 31, 2017 2:30 PM

Jul 2015
cookies0 said:
I'm expecting it to be extremely rushed, because according to the preview video, they are adapting a very large chunk of the source material. Basically, they are covering as much content (if not more) as season 1 did with 24 episodes.

It'll be a huge disappointment, and I'm not even a big fan of the show. So I imagine that the fanboys/fangirls will bring out the pitchforks and torches.
It's pretty obvious that they are only covering the Clash of the Titans arc, so it WON'T be rushed
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 2:31 PM
Dec 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
cookies0 said:
I'm expecting it to be extremely rushed, because according to the preview video, they are adapting a very large chunk of the source material. Basically, they are covering as much content (if not more) as season 1 did with 24 episodes.

It'll be a huge disappointment, and I'm not even a big fan of the show. So I imagine that the fanboys/fangirls will bring out the pitchforks and torches.
It's pretty obvious that they are only covering the Clash of the Titans arc, so it WON'T be rushed

I haven't read the manga, do you think 12 episodes is sufficient to cover that arc?
And also, do you think episode 1 will be extra long (maybe extending to 30+ mins) to act as a strong opening?
Mar 31, 2017 2:33 PM

Jul 2015
W123 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I haven't read the manga, do you think 12 episodes is sufficient to cover that arc?
And also, do you think episode 1 will be extra long (maybe extending to 30+ mins) to act as a strong opening?
They can cover this arc in 10 episodes lol
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2016
SenpaiJay98 said:
W123 said:

+1 onsen and +1 swimming pool episode. perfect.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 31, 2017 2:35 PM

Jul 2015
SkullProX said:
Ok, to stay on topic, I will ignore this troll with a shit taste.
What was said on that twitter post? I only see volume 1/2 and 18. of August. IF it would be 12ep, it would end way before 18. of August...

@Sapewloth Explained it already, not gonna repeat myself. And just by looking at 1-2 vids I already know if I like a character or not. Before I started watching hxh and reborn, I knew I will hate the MCs, and I was right about it...
Good thing about Hunter x Hunter though is that a lot of the Side characters take a lot of Spotlight from Gon for Most of the show(so if you aren't a big fan of him you'll at least Love the side character or main characters of those arcs)
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 2:35 PM
Dec 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
W123 said:

Wow, it's that short? The name 'clash of titans' sounds like lots of shit will be going down didnt expect it to be that short lol
Mar 31, 2017 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
Fappa said:

Well, duh. What I'm saying is that those scenes in particular were key animated prior to the actual production as separated scenes in order to act as advertisement. If you know anything about the production process as a whole then you will come to the conclusion that those scenes will have a significantly higher amount of keyframes and more dynamic cinematography than the rest of the show. Pre-animated scenes can look absolute fantastic cause they're mostly done outside of the actual production flow while on the other side the actual production could suffer from major hiccups and dips in quality.

So in that sense the trailer is no indication on what the actual average quality throughout the show will be and hence not really a legitimate way to determine whether a series only has 1 cour or more.

Well, the point I was making is that they are already half way through season 2, meaning those episodes were not rushed, so to the very least these few episodes should be as good as the pre animated scenes, since they finish those episodes without any pressure, unlike some episodes in season 1 that were literally finish hours before it airs.

And with them giving them self a good amount of breather, I suspect they could finish the entire season before they encounter any production problem, especially since its only 12 episodes.
Do you think they could have squeezed in the Clash of the Titans arc into 10 episodes then the Uprising arc in 12 episodes(making for 22 instead of 25 so they didn't have to be to far behind schedule IF it was ever a 2 cour?)
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 2:40 PM

Jul 2016
i think im gonna be like 20 when they will reach that basement in the anime -.-
i still got the manga though... and it rocks tbh
Mar 31, 2017 2:40 PM

Jul 2015
W123 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Wow, it's that short? The name 'clash of titans' sounds like lots of shit will be going down didnt expect it to be that short lol
it's 16 Monthly sized Chapters(40 pages per chapter), and a Lot of the chapters are action packed
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 2:47 PM

Oct 2010
keragamming said:
Only one piece sells more than snk in Japan, I'm guessing you don't follow manga sales. But Magus does have decent sales, and with a anime it could become a hit.

No need to guess since I just said I don't :) Interesting, since I only ever hear negative comments about the SnK manga.
Mar 31, 2017 2:57 PM

Mar 2015
Xarkiesami said:
Klad said:
Lmfao, seeing fans reactions is hilarious.

True +1
all these rages over 12 episodes is just overreacting

Jeez, really, some really great manga even not get adaptation, or adaptation is on level, that it would be better, if there shouldn't be any adaptation. It's like SnK is only one good anime out there and these four years people are just stared at blank space all the time.
Mar 31, 2017 3:22 PM

Dec 2014
The saltiness in this thread alone is worth all the wait and the 12 episode adaptation.
Mar 31, 2017 4:03 PM

Jul 2015
Noragamigami said:
Robiiii said:
AoT season 2:
>4 years of wait
>An enormous fanbase
>12~ eps

BnHA 2:
>1 year of wait
>A small fanbase compared to the international success of AoT
>25~ eps

I give up. Fuck this

I was about to say the same thing. I understand that the animation in AoT Is more detailed, but 4 years and only 12 episodes? Seriously?
Artwork*, Boku no Hero Season 2 is probably going to be the show that the Sakuga Nerds are going to go to this season
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 4:04 PM

Jul 2015
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
It will be a ending with unfinished characters arcs and No anwsers, the Uprising arc would have gave us that and a good ending for this season(if it was 2 cours)

They already finished season 1 with "no answers" and wherever they would have finished a 2 cours there would be again "no answers" because that's a good and long story, there's still a lot more to discover.
It might not look like it for you anymore because it's old story in the manga, but there are quite some revelations in this coming season even within one cour.
There is more revlations...then brings in more questions that the Uprising arc answers(and don't forget the Character arcs)
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 4:24 PM
Feb 2017
When I heard that news, I thought it was a bad joke (1st of April lol) but it's really true so I'm really disappointed... 4 years for 12 episodes... OMFG ! I hope it would be greater than the first season because I can drop the manga series...
Mar 31, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2013
This better be April fools
Mar 31, 2017 5:08 PM
Dec 2015
jaxell said:
You all are wrong, there will be 26 episodes. But they only announced 12. They have the characters design created and more, and four years have passed. I'm sure, don't believe anything you read

Tell us where you found that info senpai
Mar 31, 2017 6:01 PM

May 2016
Ahaha glad I didn't start reading the manga. Now I can watch this and still have quite a few volumes to read :)
Mar 31, 2017 6:11 PM

Jul 2015
-Terpsichore- said:
The main issue with the original adaptation was that it suffered from severe pacing problems after a very quick an energetic start, very obviously due to trying to end the season with the capture of Annie when that really wasn't enough to fill so many episodes.

So if anything this kind of guarantees that the same cripplingly slow pacing issue will not happen this time around.
It most likely will have the SAME Pacing , since the same amount of Chapters they are adapting(16 for the Clash of the Titans arc), is the same amount as the Female Titan arc
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 6:22 PM

Jan 2016
Can anyone tell me what the Japanese reaction has been to this news?
Mar 31, 2017 6:45 PM

Jul 2015
-Terpsichore- said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
It most likely will have the SAME Pacing , since the same amount of Chapters they are adapting(16 for the Clash of the Titans arc), is the same amount as the Female Titan arc

I actually felt that the female titan arc didn't drag nearly as much as the first part of the season, how many episodes did it take for Eren to carry that boulder again?

But I must admit I haven't seen the show since it originally aired and I read the bulk of the manga even before that, so my perception may be skewed.

Still, at least this delays the endless cries of "boring" and "I didn't came here to watch politics" that will inevitably come when the later parts of the manga get adapted and the wider audience that thinks the story is solely about violence and action gets exposed to it.
But we have to get through the arc SO we can get to the Final 2 arcs of the series, and that arc has a Lot of Levi and Mikasa action, so the fans would at least like that
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 7:17 PM

Jun 2012
The next few chapters are really slow so they cant drag it out like they did in the first season. Still is disappointing tho.
Mar 31, 2017 7:49 PM
Mar 2017
Well I am happy atleast the second season has come out ^_^.
And all secrets of the Titans will be unraveled in this season.
Aww... man I can't just wait to see it.😆
Mar 31, 2017 7:51 PM
Mar 2017
Mar 31, 2017 7:52 PM

Jul 2015
ArkBlaze said:
It won't, all the Secrets is for the arcs after, that's why people are dissappointed about this season being 12 episodes only
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 8:31 PM
Oct 2012
keragamming said:
sigh.... this is what we got for waiting 4 god damn years for? Good work wit studio...

It is never the Studio's fault. They are only hired guns. Blame the production company and publisher.

But this is really surprising, this series sells over 1M copies each issue. I will admit it is not my cup of tea and I will not watch it, but I cannot fathom how poorly the management of the animation for this series has been.

This should have been a 48-52 episode animation from the start, from a fantastic studio. This should have been a franchise anime. I can't understand why it is being treated so poorly.

Mar 31, 2017 8:48 PM

May 2016
Good thing I only waited for two years~ Having read some of the manga after season 1's events, I wonder how far the anime will go.

Mar 31, 2017 10:32 PM
Mar 2017
here is link to episode 1 my hero academia 2nd season - http://blankanime.com/home/anime/my-hero-academia-2nd-season/

Good luck watching It's awesome i say you have nothing seen like this
Mar 31, 2017 10:37 PM
Mar 31, 2017 10:38 PM

Mar 2013
jiokishan said:
here is link to episode 1 my hero academia 2nd season - http://blankanime.com/home/anime/my-hero-academia-2nd-season/

Good luck watching It's awesome i say you have nothing seen like this

I seen generic but fun Shounen before.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Mar 31, 2017 10:41 PM
Mar 2017
See this new season at https://blankanime.com
Mar 31, 2017 10:41 PM

Mar 2013
flame2frost said:
iron man was way popular while guardians of the galaxy was hardly popular, by the time it came out marvel had already established itself as a great studio that comes up with marvelous comicbook movies, it had built up a new fanbase

Iron Man wasn't even big enough to be in the 90s cartoon.
Mar 31, 2017 10:51 PM

Jul 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
keragamming said:
sigh.... this is what we got for waiting 4 god damn years for? Good work wit studio...

It is never the Studio's fault. They are only hired guns. Blame the production company and publisher.

But this is really surprising, this series sells over 1M copies each issue. I will admit it is not my cup of tea and I will not watch it, but I cannot fathom how poorly the management of the animation for this series has been.

This should have been a 48-52 episode animation from the start, from a fantastic studio. This should have been a franchise anime. I can't understand why it is being treated so poorly.

We were supposed to get Season 2 in 2016, but Araki wanted to do his own thing(Kaberni of the Iron Fortress)
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 10:55 PM

Jan 2015
EvenJellyOn said:
flame2frost said:
iron man was way popular while guardians of the galaxy was hardly popular, by the time it came out marvel had already established itself as a great studio that comes up with marvelous comicbook movies, it had built up a new fanbase

Iron Man wasn't even big enough to be in the 90s cartoon.
Iron man was one of the best selling comics, all the avengers were
Mar 31, 2017 11:19 PM

Oct 2015
tragedydesu said:
fuck this garbage medium
they cant even give one of the most popular anime a proper adaptation

i will stuck with my video games and forget that this shitty medium even exist
Lol but Video Games are shit tho.

Only games from decades/many years ago are good at all and rarely do we get something decent at all nowadays.
Mar 31, 2017 11:37 PM

Jul 2015
Soriki said:
tragedydesu said:
fuck this garbage medium

Only games from decades/many years ago are good at all and rarely do we get something decent at all nowadays.
Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Red Dead Redemption, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodbonre, Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, Zero Escape
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 11:49 PM

Mar 2013
flame2frost said:

Iron Man in the peak where stuff like Spawn sold millions it was mostly around 64,717 with 184,386 being a peak. For example one year Iron Man was 204 best selling as the only entry while Maxx had six.
Apr 1, 2017 12:01 AM

Oct 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Soriki said:

Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Red Dead Redemption, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodbonre, Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, Zero Escape
I've yet to play Breath Of The Wild, seems decent, meh.

Never played the Persona games.

Red Dead Redemption, has it even come out yet? Can't give an honest opinion about it if I haven't looked at it, the original game was okay.

Bloodborne, trash.

Horizon Zero Fucks, trash.

Uncharted, meh, never played any of the games but from what I've seen in YouTube comments and such It sounds to be bad, but not really my full opinion since I never even took a look at it.

The Last Of Us... Are you serious man?. Why don't you click on this link and scroll down till you find "Release" or just simply type in "Crtl + F" and then type into that search bar; Release. I think you'll know what I mean.

Soriki said:
tragedydesu said:
fuck this garbage medium

Lol I think you know what I must mean about it huh?.

Zero Escape.. Never heard of it. Just looked it up, 9/10 in steam huh, cool I guess (Didn't bother to click on the Google results Steam link, I think I already saw the trailer before, meh,
again, can't really give an opinion on it due these games being past my knowledge, aka, never played or indulged with them at all before.

But here's the thing you must realize.

You were only able to name 9 games... And many of them were not even from last year or even 2015.. This just goes back to what I said originally.

I'm sure you could maybe try to point out more games if I gave you time, but seriously, how many would you really find? Also, if we narrow it down to popular genres, how much more narrowed down will that be?.

For example, FPS Games, RPG Games.. Gets super narrow if you try to only state games from specific genres.

Also, I realized a few minutes ago that you also mentioned the Witcher 3..

Awful game, good story, I'd rather read the books that I never will read
than button smash the fuck out of some dumb ass Drowner groups that keep on boringly respawning after I SMASH them back down with a "silver" Sword wielded by Geralt's MASSIVE muscles with one of the most terrible Fighting Systems I've ever seen.

Especially in such a coveted game.. And oh boy the fanBOYS for this Game are intense, if you say anything about their precious Witcher 3 they'll have an emotional breakdown and meltdown at the same time and get super fucking triggered like they b some random enemy from the actual game lmao, their faces turning as red as the monsters in your minimap while they type very fast while breathing very hard down on their keyboard Cx
Apr 1, 2017 12:03 AM

Jul 2015
Soriki said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
I've yet to play Breath Of The Wild, seems decent, meh.

Never played the Persona games.

Red Dead Redemption, has it even come out yet? Can't give an honest opinion about it if I haven't looked at it, the original game was okay.

Bloodborne, trash.

Horizon Zero Fucks, trash.

Uncharted, meh, never played any of the games but from what I've seen in YouTube comments and such It sounds to be bad, but not really my full opinion since I never even took a look at it.

The Last Of Us... Are you serious man?. Why don't you click on this link and scroll down till you find "Release" or just simply type in "Crtl + F" and then type into that search bar; Release. I think you'll know what I mean.

Soriki said:

Lol I think you know what I must mean about it huh?.

Zero Escape.. Never heard of it. Just looked it up, 9/10 in steam huh, cool I guess (Didn't bother to click on the Google results Steam link, I think I already saw the trailer before, meh,
again, can't really give an opinion on it due these games being past my knowledge, aka, never played or indulged with them at all before.

But here's the thing you must realize.

You were only able to name 9 games... And many of them were not even from last year or even 2015.. This just goes back to what I said originally.

I'm sure you could maybe try to point out more games if I gave you time, but seriously, how many would you really find? Also, if we narrow it down to popular genres, how much more narrowed down will that be?.

For example, FPS Games, RPG Games.. Gets super narrow if you try to only state games from specific genres.

Also, I realized a few minutes ago that you also mentioned the Witcher 3..

Awful game, good story, I'd rather read the books that I never will read
than button smash the fuck out of some dumb ass Drowner groups that keep on boringly respawning after I SMASH them back down with a "silver" Sword wielded by Geralt's MASSIVE muscles with one of the most terrible Fighting Systems I've ever seen.

Especially in such a coveted game.. And oh boy the fanBOYS for this Game are intense, if you say anything about their precious Witcher 3 they'll have an emotional breakdown and meltdown at the same time and get super fucking triggered like they b some random enemy from the actual game lmao, their faces turning as red as the monsters in your minimap while they type very fast while breathing very hard down on their keyboard Cx
You said many Years/Decades ago, I was expecting more than 6 years, and Bloodborne and Witcher 3 are way better than most of what came out in the Last generation lol
Sup...
Apr 1, 2017 12:55 AM

Jan 2015
EvenJellyOn said:
flame2frost said:

Iron Man in the peak where stuff like Spawn sold millions it was mostly around 64,717 with 184,386 being a peak. For example one year Iron Man was 204 best selling as the only entry while Maxx had six.

you're missing the point, it had fanbase that existed for years, even non fans who only read avengers watched the movie
Apr 1, 2017 1:24 AM

Jan 2016
Make more episode pleasee 😭😭
Apr 1, 2017 1:43 AM

Mar 2013
flame2frost said:

you're missing the point, it had fanbase that existed for years, even non fans who only read avengers watched the movie

Thanks for proving my starting point as it being promotion for comics is true.
Apr 1, 2017 1:57 AM

Jan 2013
So what? There have been plenty of anime lately where they do one cour at the beginning of the year, and another one later in the year. Just off the top of my head, Rewrite comes to mind as one that just had that scenario.

Either way, you guys weren't promised 24 episodes. Stop acting entitled.
Apr 1, 2017 2:20 AM

Apr 2014
I guess it's useless to wait for a fast adaptation, I better start reading manga. :-(
Apr 1, 2017 2:29 AM

May 2016
Are you kidding me wtf.
Apr 1, 2017 2:41 AM

Dec 2007
Who gives a flying Mikasa.
Is this such a big deal? I've seen this 1 cour disappoinment threads repeated for a million times in the anime community.
Get used to it folks.
Apr 1, 2017 2:44 AM

Jan 2015
EvenJellyOn said:
flame2frost said:

Thanks for proving my starting point as it being promotion for comics is true.
you're very welcome
Apr 1, 2017 3:02 AM

Dec 2015
I honestly wonder what they have been doing over the past 4 years.

They already have a solid plotline + artwork is already done - the foundation is pretty much set. Is it really THAT hard to animate a series?

Kabaneri is hardly an excuse, I refuse to believe they spent 4 years investing in that crapfest of a series.
~
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

690 by Nsanunatto »»
Yesterday, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.