Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2016 12:10 PM

Jan 2016
Xenocrisi said:
@ButadonMeitante Wut. One freaking volume? How could they...
It didn't even feel that fast paced to me. What will they do with the next 11 episodes with just another volume?

I know right, but to be honest this might have been the better decision because if they adapted the first volume in like 6 episodes then nothing would have happened for 6 episodes, when you think about it.

There was a VN planned for it and also a third volume but neither of them were ever released.
Oct 9, 2016 12:10 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Disappointment. I expected much more. That´s find, is correct but is not spectacular. For the moment a murderer and too much talk....6/10.
Oct 9, 2016 12:24 PM

Dec 2007
Blown my mind. The style is just perfect for this show, and I don't get it, am I the one who didn't get confused on the parts which were explained, unlike other parts which served as foreshadowing and introduction to the characters?

This was pretty unconventional yeah, but people should give it a few more episodes to see if you manage to get the hang of it. Some of the entries in the science adventure series are quite eccentric, so when I watched the episode I knew it isn't going to be your average run-on-the-mill anime.

Didn't disappoint me one bit so far.
Oct 9, 2016 12:25 PM

Oct 2015
ButadonMeitante said:
They adapted a whole volume into one episode. Since there's only two volumes released... I hope the pace slows a lot more down now it's done introducing the characters durarara-on-crack style, instead of becoming an Anime Original.

People say the MC is obnoxious but the same complaints were made of Subaru from Re: Zero when it first started airing.

Interesting enough to keep watching. I'll keep the 3-5 episode rule in mind.
It was only half of volume.
Oct 9, 2016 12:38 PM

Apr 2016
I have no idea what just happened, but I loved it.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Oct 9, 2016 12:39 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like I need to catch my breath this first episode was WAY too fast paced. I could barely keep track of what was going on. Also main girl having that big of a rack is a little too crazy for my personal taste. I will say the animation is smooth given how fast the episode was, granted there are some really obvious cost cutting methods implored. If they did adapt the entire first light novel in one episode it defiantly shows. I hope future episodes aren't this fast otherwise I'm going to drop it simply from that point alone.
KenReelsOct 9, 2016 12:42 PM

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Oct 9, 2016 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
attention deficit;disorder
Oct 9, 2016 12:45 PM

Aug 2015
I felt like this anime was on 2x speed. It really needs to take a chill pill and just establish the plot, setting, and characters before it goes off its crazy tangents.
Oct 9, 2016 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
DeadIEnd said:
Blown my mind. The style is just perfect for this show, and I don't get it, am I the one who didn't get confused on the parts which were explained, unlike other parts which served as foreshadowing and introduction to the characters?

This was pretty unconventional yeah, but people should give it a few more episodes to see if you manage to get the hang of it. Some of the entries in the science adventure series are quite eccentric, so when I watched the episode I knew it isn't going to be your average run-on-the-mill anime.

Didn't disappoint me one bit so far.

Someone who gets it.

Honestly, I felt like people were just triggered by the girl with big boobs.
Oct 9, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2016
Dialogue was so fast i couldn't catch up and i had no idea what's going on.

This is coming from a guy who usually analyzes everything i watch to the small details and symbolisms. Main female character has obnoxiously large breasts for no god damned reason(yet?).

Too much exposition and jumping around all over the place to the point where literally nothing was happening

2/5 just for a good OP. Really not sure if i want to continue this, high likelihood of dropping.
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Oct 9, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
WTF was that? seriously I'm only here for the girl with the massive rack cause the rest of it was an utter mess. The story makes no sense, didnt have a clue what was happening for 25 mins and the dialogue is like on fast forward.

Nice animation though.....
Oct 9, 2016 1:36 PM

Jan 2011
Keijo is more serious than this. At least I know what I'm (supposed to) getting. The giant chest chick is ridiculous. Only good for H honestly. This reminds me of how they sold of Mai from phantom world in the first episode or Miyuki from Basquash only to sideline her and ignore the "features" they gave her early on. I haven't finished the first episode as of yet but I'm getting a serious Kiznaiver/whatever the fuck that "mystery" show with the reverse/inverse trap. In the sense of pretension and overblown characters.
Oct 9, 2016 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
They're trying monogatari style but can't help the rushing.
Oct 9, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
I love the animation, the overall look of it, but that was a bit of a mess.
Oct 9, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2015
The struggle to watch AND understand this episode was too much for my brain. My attention deficit prevents me to fully enjoy this show. Ah...but it seems good...but I know all i'll be capable of is watching the nice backgrounds and listening to the music.

So i'll just appreciate Izumin and his awesome shop. What is it? A pub? Restaurant? Cafe? It has a nice decoration and feels comfortable enough to chat or read a book in there...or write a blog.
Oct 9, 2016 2:43 PM

Jan 2014
ShishoEO said:
I was disappointed with this first episode, I expected a lot from this anime
I'll give them that the animation and artstyle look really good though but...
Those fucking breasts, the 666 number being(apparently) taken seriously, so much stuff happening at once, the fucking otaku MC and the over-the-top unnecessary yelling made me cringe this entire episode

However, I'm going to give it a second chance next week, they can still fix it

You said it for me.

Boobs were ridiculous, and everything was so fast I just couldn't keep up. It was tiring to watch and I still had to rewind a lot.

Am I just getting old?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 9, 2016 2:43 PM
Nov 2015
Felt pretty rushed and I'm not liking the characters much. Eh, I didn't expect much from this in the first place.
The style was very SHAFT though, which I liked.
Oct 9, 2016 2:59 PM

Jan 2011
Laionidas said:
ShishoEO said:
I was disappointed with this first episode, I expected a lot from this anime
I'll give them that the animation and artstyle look really good though but...
Those fucking breasts, the 666 number being(apparently) taken seriously, so much stuff happening at once, the fucking otaku MC and the over-the-top unnecessary yelling made me cringe this entire episode

However, I'm going to give it a second chance next week, they can still fix it

You said it for me.

Boobs were ridiculous, and everything was so fast I just couldn't keep up. It was tiring to watch and I still had to rewind a lot.

Am I just getting old?

No, they just used that fucking hyped up shit kyo sometimes does a few seconds an ep throughout the whole episode. With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 characters they did their best to pour as much energy and speed into this shit as they could. To no effect apparently. The plot seems like a slightly edged up Phantom world and the character designs while nice becomes annoying with its clash between some of the darker designs and moody backgrounds with the idiots jumping and shouting as much as they possibly can.
Oct 9, 2016 3:09 PM
Mar 2012
Mc pls talk 20% slower. Entire show & Oversized-oppai should take their Adhd pills.
OP/ED super cool. Art quite stylish, detailed bgs, crazy poses & rambling like DRRR. Line quality is more grainy, which is rare nowadays with digital linework.

Besides the random stuff like park event March 1, most details make some sense/hints.

Main events center on the Professor in TV interview. Creepy girl goes to Curse Service redgirl, probably to curse Prof. Very quickly he's killed, his hair "mailed" to Curse Service causing the odor. Miyu joins Mc. Mc finds Prof dead. Prof's blue son sees Miyu's video telling him to meet dad.
Randoms: Detective boy. Demon-oppai warning Prof son. Occult office talk, Prof's late mom mystery. Ghosts. Blog. Invisible-demon. Sky-scanner.
Pacing like 3x faster than other shows, painful to watch (and they still had time to waste on irrelevant Ryotas + toygun), but mystery seems interesting.
Oct 9, 2016 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
Gonna stick with it. But that dialogue was a little too fast, I could barely keep up with it. What's with the oversized breasts anyway, that's just kinda awkward.
Oct 9, 2016 3:23 PM

Oct 2015
I don't mind fast paced dialogues at all, but MC is annoying as hell. Another awfully screaming guy voiced by Yuki Kaji.
Oct 9, 2016 3:31 PM
Jul 2014
Very poorly paced. Fast dialog wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't cram so many characters into the first episode as well.
Oct 9, 2016 3:56 PM

Jul 2012
I did get interested...but I admit that it was way too rushed for my tastes and the main characters were kinda yuck (THOSE COW TITS EWWWWWWWWWW D:).
But, oh well, I guess I'm going to wait and see...right now it was kinda disappointing. :(

Oct 9, 2016 4:28 PM

Dec 2013
Those massive tits are annoying me tbh

Badly paced first episode. No idea what is happening right now. Hopefully the pacing improved.
Oct 9, 2016 4:46 PM

Aug 2016
What the fuck did I just watch? I should drop this but I want to see how brightly this trainwreck will burn

Reminds me of Eiken, *PTSD intensifies

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Oct 9, 2016 5:16 PM

May 2008
Really really digging the hyper style of this show, I guess it's their intention to be as cliché as possible so I'll refrain on judging them on that and just watch it unfold.

I do hope they keep the pacing that way and don't revert back to the usually very slow mages pacing, because that has turned me off before.
Oct 9, 2016 5:41 PM
Jul 2016
RainyRai said:
Real talk though, I hate cow-tits and crazy dialouge too, but let's talk about the main character. Why is he such a shit character? Is he the worst main character of the year? Did Subaru get dethroned?

Yeah, I think he did. Subaru might be pathetic af, but at least he's git that die reset thing going for him. This guy is just crappy lol
Oct 9, 2016 5:43 PM

Dec 2015
So many words spewed out and none of them of any importance.
Is massive boobs girl supposed to be sexy? Cause it's not, it's gross and in reality anyone with tits that size would suffer from chronic back ache.
Oct 9, 2016 5:46 PM

Aug 2016
ADHD-kun says he's a NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training). Yet he is a 2nd year at high school! ._.

lol wut

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Oct 9, 2016 6:00 PM

Nov 2013
FlamepriesT said:
I haven't watched this episode yet, but I'm kinda disappointed already with all the negative reception. This was one of the shows I was most looking forward to this season.

I wonder if the source material is also lacking or if it's just this episode that was messy...

The source material, AKA the light novel only has 2 volumes, so I dont even know what the fuck was A-1 thinking by adapting this so early in the game. It's either gonna be anime original or the author is guiding them.
Oct 9, 2016 6:08 PM

May 2012
Ah I'm reminded of why I dropped steins on episode one.

Those tits are the soul reason this show will never be over a 5.
Oct 9, 2016 6:50 PM
Mar 2016
OrangeJP said:
Those humongous tits were the highlight of this episode

RIP

Ahh... I feel so bad yet also grossed out! So far things seem interesting, as for the story, we'll have to see. Man, scalp and everything too... I wonder why the lady cursed him though? Maybe she's his wife? So many questions and the black magic girl was sniffing the bloody hair? So okay, technically the lady killed the man and then cursed him?
Oct 9, 2016 7:22 PM

Apr 2009
Persuade said:
OrangeJP said:
Those humongous tits were the highlight of this episode

RIP

Ahh... I feel so bad yet also grossed out! So far things seem interesting, as for the story, we'll have to see. Man, scalp and everything too... I wonder why the lady cursed him though? Maybe she's his wife? So many questions and the black magic girl was sniffing the bloody hair? So okay, technically the lady killed the man and then cursed him?
this ep puts some "The Da Vinci Code" mixed with Hororred "C.S.I" in it and tbh the Jews are already hating this anime
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 9, 2016 7:43 PM

Sep 2014
Heitokun said:
FlamepriesT said:
I haven't watched this episode yet, but I'm kinda disappointed already with all the negative reception. This was one of the shows I was most looking forward to this season.

I wonder if the source material is also lacking or if it's just this episode that was messy...

The source material, AKA the light novel only has 2 volumes, so I dont even know what the fuck was A-1 thinking by adapting this so early in the game. It's either gonna be anime original or the author is guiding them.

Well, I know they adapted the first light novel in a single episode. What I'm wondering is whether the novel is also a mess as well. Maybe it was just the way everything was adapted.

As for the fact that the third volume was canceled... I don't think that's an indicator of what's to come at all. I mean, there's no specific release date as of yet, but an entry for Occultic;Nice was created on vndb in Mar 2015. That's a long time ago, so it's been in the works for quite some time.

The visual novel may not be out yet, but I'd be shocked if they turned out not to have the full script by now. So I don't think the question is "what was A-1 thinking". The ones working on the visual novel probably thought everything was ready for an anime adaptation and decided to do it.

I see a lot of potential in many of the things presented in this episode, so I'm genuinely curious about the quality of the source material. Of course, this episode was a major clusterfuck, so I'm not talking about this adaptation per se. I'm just talking about the potential in many of the ideas I saw while overlooking the glaring negative aspects of this adaptation.
FlamepriesTOct 9, 2016 7:47 PM
Oct 9, 2016 7:51 PM

Dec 2012
Hm. Nice 1st episode. I like the OP. Haha. Well, I just got confused a little on what's happening because they speak too fast XD (It's hard to read subtitles XD) But I get it. Hm. Demon. Devil. Occult. poltergeist. Hm. Haha. And. wtf is that boobs. Too big -_-

- barely alive -
Oct 9, 2016 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
aku27 said:
Hm. Nice 1st episode. I like the OP. Haha. Well, I just got confused a little on what's happening because they speak too fast XD (It's hard to read subtitles XD) But I get it. Hm. Demon. Devil. Occult. poltergeist. Hm. Haha. And. wtf is that boobs. Too big -_-

Oh look, another homosexual.
Oct 9, 2016 8:00 PM

Dec 2012
Frostav said:
aku27 said:

Oh look, another homosexual.

Haha XD Did I really sound like I'm a homosexual? Wahahhaa. Funny XD Lol :v

- barely alive -
Oct 9, 2016 8:16 PM

Mar 2014
denpa genre is not my taste, but i will watch it for the oversize tits.
Oct 9, 2016 8:27 PM
Jul 2016
I didn't like this episode. I expected something different. It was too fast... Instant headache. The characters were annoying, yelling all the time. Only the last minute was interesting. That cliffhanger saved the episode. 2/5 and I'll probably leave it.
Oct 9, 2016 8:49 PM

Oct 2008
All events are chaotic, super hyper and delusional just like escaping reality with chuuni's mixed all in one.
I'm getting distracted with that watermelon tits is actually annoying.
3/5.

Oct 9, 2016 8:54 PM
Oct 2012
It felt like i was reading a book and only skimming over the words as i made my way to the end of book. WTF is going on. (rhetorical question)
Oct 9, 2016 9:41 PM

Nov 2015
I really don't know what to say so I'm just going to comment about the OP, it was good.

Oct 9, 2016 10:57 PM

Oct 2015
I'll try more of it (especially since I love supernatural anime).

I like the opening and ending song but this episode was all over the place, the girl with the freakishly large breast was annoying and this episode was really rushed, even the dialogue was fast, I could barley keep up with the subs.
Oct 9, 2016 11:24 PM

Oct 2015
Forget everything, fixed to stay here, Ryotasu's melon success to convince me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Ultra C, right.

I love dem fruits! it keeps me healthy
gladisrOct 9, 2016 11:32 PM
Oct 10, 2016 12:47 AM

Jan 2014
AnimoosFromChina said:
ADHD-kun says he's a NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training). Yet he is a 2nd year at high school! ._.

lol wut

He's also actively pursuing the goal of making money, and has a female kouhai/employee that's obviously interested in him.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 10, 2016 1:51 AM
Jun 2013
That was a great episode. Looks like an interesting show. Kind of bummed out with the invisible devil's appearance at the fortune-teller. I thought the show was trying to play with the idea whether paranormal is real or not, but it just nonchalantly shows something supernatural. Aside from that, really liking the quirky main characters. And of course gotta love the hentai-sized gigantic ta-tas. Good for the creator for daring to try something different lol.
Oct 10, 2016 2:14 AM

Apr 2015
Woah the score drop, that would be hard to recover from

Though noone cares
Oct 10, 2016 2:42 AM
Mar 2016
I'm honestly wondering how slow would one have to read to feel the need to complain about MC talking too fast lmao

3-4/5 episode.
Oct 10, 2016 3:19 AM

Aug 2015
I was actually looking forward to this anime because I love the mystery genre, however I didn't really understand the mystery that lies behind this anime at all after the first episode. OP and ED were good, but the characters were meh.

That one girl had shockingly oversized breasts and everything was extremely fast paced. Also they talked way too fast, I couldn't catch up with what they were talking about 90% of the time?
Oct 10, 2016 4:18 AM

May 2012
What a horrible episode. One of the worst in this season so far
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

218 by HibiChika »»
Aug 4, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

172 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

95 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 2:36 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.