Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 3, 2015 8:47 AM
May 2012
Rest in peace now, Kousei's mom. You are now both free~
Hot chick at the end *o* Well, time for me to eat.
Apr 3, 2015 10:03 PM

Jun 2014
So happy to see Kousei play like that. And was his mother supposed to be smiling? I hope so.

Okay, but one question I had: when he said he only cared about Kaori, did he mean in terms of what she thought of his performance or in general? Because if he meant in general he only cares about Kaori, that's actually something I don't like about the romance genre. New person comes along, character falls completely in love, suddenly cares about that one person they'd known for maybe three months more than the friends they've known for years. Maybe it's just because I know nothing about this stuff, but is something like that realistic?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2015 5:46 PM
Sep 2009
About time he moved on. First half was painful to watch since it was going through the same endless circle over and over.
Apr 18, 2015 2:33 PM

May 2012
How beautiful! He came to a resolve! Damn do I love this development, it's just fantastic!
Apr 23, 2015 10:25 PM

Oct 2014
Now that was a good episode! Seeing Kousei struggle but eventually pull through and actually resonate with the audience (or, at least, characters from the audience we knew) was wonderful. And of course, Kaori's reaction was perfect :D Well, Kousei, looks like your music definitely reached her. Also, his mom having a genuine smile (in his mind) at the end was a nice touch to finish off the episode. Almost teared up during these last couple minutes.

"The puppet has severed his strings and begun walking on his own."

Also, all of Kaori's pills D: This definitely does not bode well. She's already been beyond meaningful to Kousei and I only imagine that growing (perhaps into a genuine relationship), but I still have this horrible feeling that something will happen to Kaori in the last episode or two, putting Kousei back in his depressed state before he realizes she gave him the strength/courage to carry on or something along those lines

Who was that person clapping at the very end? Hmm

Also, I do agree that it was kind of tedious and seemed like an endless circle at points, but I feel like it was resolved well enough that it didn't bother me too much in the long run.
jdimaria3Apr 23, 2015 10:44 PM
Apr 28, 2015 10:13 AM
Nov 2013
So that last scene before credits showed his mom's image lighting up...Instead of leaving his past behind he had faced it and also earned recognition from her? Maybe his mom isn't as strict as we thought? (I know she's dead but....)

And he kept saying "I hope it reach her"... I believe the "her" actually means his mother and not the violinist?
Jun 11, 2015 7:40 AM

Nov 2012
Whenever the show starts to get sad, it takes like 2 minutes for it to be happy again...
Ah well, it doesn't take away from the brilliance of the show
Jun 12, 2015 3:56 PM

May 2015
That entire competition took way too long. It spanned the course of 4 1/2 to 5 episodes. It could have been 3 max. The last 2 episodes could have at least been 1. I think the scenes interrupting his playing constantly are bothersome and take away from the moment. The one thing I enjoyed most about this show was the music, but they seem to be butchering that now too. It was supposed to be solo piano pieces and when they started adding all the accompaniment it greatly took away.
Jul 2, 2015 8:35 PM

Dec 2013
After several episodes, Kousei finally get a hold of himself and played the piano with feels. Even if he started badly, it ended really nice. I love the music esp. the other two contestants before him (I forgot their names)
_kukiyomenaiJul 2, 2015 8:39 PM

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 16, 2015 12:13 AM

Jul 2013
when his mom smiled at the end I burst into tears. people saying his trauma is overdramatic really don't understand how deep psychological & physical trauma cuts.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 16, 2015 1:36 AM
Aug 2015
it was a whirlwind of emotion for kousei. to see the struggle of hope to unforgiving regret was shown when his past came into light. I almosted shed some tears.
Also a new challenger has appeared!
Oct 22, 2015 4:11 PM
Feb 2015
This episode was awesome but it definitely had a " last episode " kind of feel
Nov 2, 2015 4:47 PM

May 2015
TFW you can't tell if the music is supposed to be considered good or bad because the majority of it all sounds the same to you. I think I'm starting to remember why I quit piano lessons...
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 21, 2015 10:41 PM
Nov 2015
Beautiful episode~ Though he got disqualified on the competition and I somewhat got irritated, what matters is his playing that reached Kaori and his mom! :) Bravo Kousei! I hope his punishment is gone.
Dec 11, 2015 10:35 PM

Jul 2014
Apart from that horror, when he started that masterpiece...
I was awestruck. Amazing, absolutely amazing. Ga=lad you're back, Arima Kousei. :)
Dec 29, 2015 12:58 AM

Jun 2009
some times watching this show is like wading through mud.
Apr 23, 2016 1:06 PM

Jun 2014
I hope he has overcome his trauma in the end. That was a nice episode.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Apr 24, 2016 10:37 AM

Apr 2009
RedEgoDragon said:
This anime is really annoying in so many ways, seems like it isn't my cup of tea -.-

Exactly, too many dialogues and flashbacks that are out of place.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2016 8:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Arima and his little metamorphosis, "bellissimo".

--
Arima y su pequeña metamorfosis, "bellissimo".
May 15, 2016 3:11 AM

Mar 2016
i love this episode waaah 5/5
May 19, 2016 4:57 AM

Aug 2015
Nice palying xD I mean that with his feelings :) No ane could give so much feelings creating a peacefull image of classroom...

And the curse of his mother was broken xD

I am curious who is that person in the end...
Jun 8, 2016 6:37 AM

Mar 2016
I love how this Anime is filled with emotions !
Jun 29, 2016 4:27 AM

Dec 2013
I liked that he started playing again like that. Too bad he's probably out of the competition.
Jul 24, 2016 12:43 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic recovery, he even managed to see his mother smile for once. (in his own mind ofcourse, guessing that means he's actually proud of himself aswell)

Wonder who the last girl was saying; "Mr. Mediocre"

And I do agree with others that the flashbacks and memories are getting a bit too much.
PrOxAntoJul 26, 2016 4:11 AM
Jul 27, 2016 7:06 PM

Oct 2015
Over dramatic and boring. This series is just average. Nothing really sad about. Yes I get it he was mistreated, but I don't need flashbacks every two seconds showing this nonsense. The second half of this series better be AMAZING, otherwise this will be another classic case of anime fans over hyping a below average series.
Aug 3, 2016 3:02 PM

Apr 2015
His mom smiled, yaaay :D If she was still alive, maybe she would only hit his son 4 times, instead of 5.
What a beautiful person :3 (I hope her ghost will die too)
Aug 26, 2016 4:57 PM

Jun 2016
Arima finally started playing for someone, not for the scores anymore.
Just loved his performance :)
Sep 29, 2016 10:42 PM

Jul 2014
Of all people why play for Kaori...
Oct 4, 2016 5:37 PM

Nov 2015

 It is clear as water that to fully enjoy this anime you have to see it as a story of self learning and improvement rather than just an anime to entertain yourself.
 Once again, she's his light, she's the star shining in his path.

"Did it reach you?"
 I'm sure this quote will be repeated in the future...

 PD: Who was exactly that black haired woman in the end? Is she the one that was carrying the wheelchair of Kousei's mother? Of another person entirely?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OppaiSugoi said:
Of all people why play for Kaori...
 Why not? She is the one pushing him to keep heading forward, to not only escape from his dark past but overcome his fears. She's been the only one that has given him that push he so much needed. She's his twinkle twinkle little star.

kocsubur1488 said:
His mom smiled, yaaay :D If she was still alive, maybe she would only hit his son 4 times, instead of 5.
What a beautiful person :3 (I hope her ghost will die too)
 I know right? xD
HumbertoZeroOct 4, 2016 7:12 PM
Dec 7, 2016 4:48 PM
Dec 2016
Does anyone know the song that plays at the end of Episode 10? When the audience is reflecting on his performance, but before the end credits?
Dec 7, 2016 11:58 PM
Jul 2016
thelionfox said:
Does anyone know the song that plays at the end of Episode 10? When the audience is reflecting on his performance, but before the end credits?

友人A君を私の伴奏者に任命します (Yuujin A-kun wo Watashi no Bansousha ni Ninmeishimasu)
or literally translate as "I will appoint a friend A as my accompanist"
Dec 8, 2016 7:30 AM
Dec 2016
kistral said:

友人A君を私の伴奏者に任命します (Yuujin A-kun wo Watashi no Bansousha ni Ninmeishimasu)
or literally translate as "I will appoint a friend A as my accompanist"

Thank you very much!
Jan 4, 2017 9:17 AM
Jul 2016
Ok, no way would his mom be smiling after that shit performance. The only reason she would be smiling is cause she is thinking about how she is going to beat his ass when she sees him later. Anyway, another ridiculous episode in the books. My suggestion to those tired of watching this is to watch an anime titled Nodame Cantinable. It's 100x better than this.
Jan 21, 2017 6:28 PM

Aug 2012
Very beautiful episode <3 The imagery is great! but the story is really lacking...
Feb 25, 2017 5:07 AM
Dec 2009
I think it's interesting how the depict music with colors and smells. And I love how they show Kousei's mental breakdowns as being underwater, it's a very powerful and instantly understandable way of describing how his hearing is being inhibited and he feels like he's cornered/drowning.

Kousei's thoughts as he plays though... he's so head over heels in love with Kaori...
Apr 10, 2017 11:44 PM

Apr 2015
Nice episode, although I think they should've made the competition shorter. The flashbacks and stuff make it harder to watch imo.

Finally he moved on. So, does he really care more about Kaori than his childhood friends? I mean he hasn't known her for a really long time right?

I wonder who the girl at the end is.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 29, 2017 2:43 AM

Dec 2015
Sad said:
"Only one person matters to me." Nice to know that the childhood friend who stood by him through everything is not even an afterthought. Kaori hasn't even been on the scene long and she's already his entire life. Ugh. Bravo!

Exactly !!!
That's really pissed me off

Jul 29, 2017 2:45 AM

Dec 2015

I hope that he got over his mother
💞
Dec 14, 2017 6:51 AM

Jul 2013
Even if it did worked out in the end I'm still pissed at his friends wanting him to keep playing despite knowing he's butchering it and just embarassing himself.
Feb 20, 2018 1:11 AM

Dec 2015
Well shit, was this one of the episodes for crying? Because I couldn't help but tear after not only watching but listening to the string accompaniment for his piece. The string accompaniment alone was a 10/10, I wonder if it was an original?
~
Aug 16, 2018 8:20 AM

Jan 2014
what a beautiful freaking episode omf
Dec 28, 2018 8:37 AM

Apr 2013
The soundtrack is really gorgeous, but the episodes themselves are too slow-paced I think. Also playing only for Kaori he doesn't even know for very long was a bit questionable.
Mar 8, 2019 5:56 AM

Mar 2016
Who do you play for? "Only one person matters to me. I hope it reaches her!" Touching words indeed, but at the same time, pretty outrageous thing to say. To him, Kaori overshadowed everyone else.

Kousei did great on his performance this ep, not as tear-jerking and beautiful as when he was Kaori's accompanist, but still good nevertheless.
Mar 29, 2019 5:14 AM

Dec 2018
At the beginning of Arima's performance till the end showed his evoluton of playing style:

1. Follow the music score 100% exact
2. 'Punishment' playing style
3. Pour your soul into your playing

It's confirmed then Arima doesn't see Tsubaki as a lover. But saying 'only 1 person matters to me' is a bit overstatement I guess, well maybe he's blinded by love.

Well Arima has severed his strings and decided to become a free spirit.
He doesn't care even if he lost cause he's not playing for the judge or audience EXCEPT 1 audience.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 21, 2019 8:12 PM

Sep 2017
Watari should know that such an in-depth plan will never work out the way you want it to. Life isn't that fair, unfortunately. I just find myself disgusted with the idea that Kousei should be punished for trying to break free from his psychologically torturous mother. Obviously, this wasn't even something his mother believed in; it is something Kousei came up. A self-inflicted punishment, if you will, almost like a limitation on a Nen ability from HxH. How could people tell he was about to stop? I didn't personally notice a change in "tension." For someone who supposedly knows Kousei super well, Aiza is incredibly short-sighted about Kousei's debilitating weakness. Walking off the stage like he was personally wronged for something almost out of Kousei's control isn't very fair to anyone. It's cute that he was able to get out of his slump by deciding he would play for Kaori. I think that is how Kousei will free himself from this curse - he will learn to play his own form of music, not one pound by his late mother. I was so worried that after he was able to actually begin playing music, he would suddenly stop and go back to playing like shit. Fortunately, the show didn't cuck me, so that was nice. The crowd not knowing to clap was funny. Aiza walking out still pisses me off. Igawa supporting Kousei makes me happy. In conclusion, alright episode. Something good finally happened, so my interest has been slightly renewed. Here's to hoping this latter half shows me a reason why this is the 24th highest show on MAL.
Aug 1, 2019 4:14 PM

Aug 2007
I don't think his mother would smile...
But I think this is supposed to be him making peace with the past. If he's proud of his playing and pulling himself out of the depths with help, that's what matters. It's inspiring. Crashing and burning just to try again until something is found.

Sep 17, 2019 2:16 AM
Nov 2016
It was a good episode but I was a lot more impressed with the performance of the other 2 rivals.

My complaint about the MC performance is that they used trickery to make the audience (us obviously) feel like he was playing better with the violin stuff they added and the sparks and all that stuff, those were like the sakuga moments, the performance felt flashy and that's it, it was good but nowhere near the performance of the rivals, I wanted to hear his performance solo and see if he could top the rivals but it felt short compared to them, specially compared to the blond guy, he was the best one.

He's still fighting his inner demons, let's see how the next episodes will hold up.
Jan 10, 2020 4:04 PM

Jul 2016
Kousei is so good at piano he can also add violin arrangements to his presentations... how much time did he receive to perform, by the way?

So, are you telling me that Kousei overcame such serious trauma due to a sudden realization of love towards a girl he knows for what? one, two months? I honestly hope that's not the case because that would be total bullshit from a psychological perspective.
Apr 12, 2020 7:02 PM

Feb 2019
A great performance by Kousei (in the end, at least). Although I don't think he's free from his past yet, he's getting there. And it seems Kaori's the key. I just realised, like it just really dawned on me clearly, that Kaori is really beautiful when she's on stage, playing. It's like she's... shining.

Emi's smile at the end and surprise when her teacher said Kousei's name though lol I think she still admires and maybe romantically likes Kousei. I definitely grew to like Emi in the last three episodes. Don't really care much about Aiza to be honest.

I don't think he's gonna win. But I don't think that matters.
Apr 28, 2020 3:19 PM

Aug 2019
Too much internal monologues and flashbacks, it's way overdramatic. This episode literally was just the same repeated scenes and lines all over again. I'm glad that Kousei was able to overcome his trauma (at least a bit), but the fact that he did for another person again doesn't sit well with me at all. Like, he should learn to play for himself, not some girl he just met whom he suddenly fell in love with.

And that "The only that matters to me is you", so the friends who supported him all these years just don't matter anymore? Well, the music is still beautiful but I really hope it gets better in the next episodes.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1178 by anniemanga »»
May 23, 9:06 AM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.