Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 2, 2018 4:50 AM

Apr 2015
Hanakana and Takagi's voice acting in this episode, both a little off.
Dec 19, 2018 12:54 PM

May 2013
Mamoru's always been a scaredy-cat -___- and he doesn't particularly get too close with the others in the friend group, that's why his memories are the weakest. I'm in favor of cutting him off lololol :P

I want memories of Shun to come back to them, esp Saki ;A;

Wonder if Ryou was told to pretend to be Shun as his replacement :0

"She's kind and friendly. Don't be nervous."
SAKI, RUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL jkjk XDDD
Apr 23, 2019 5:08 PM

Sep 2014
I remember I hated Mamouru when I first saw shinsekai yori and I still do. Worst of all I know the really bad part is still ahead of me.

A different kind of hatred than I have for Spinzaku, but still that I hate such a non-character for this long is special. Usually these kind of characters dont make me feel anything, but I hate this one with a burning passion.

Might just be because I love Maria so much and I think she is wasted on him.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 19, 2019 12:07 AM
Jan 2019
Fairly interesting episode. Please don't make me suffer the art-style of ep 10 for the rest of the show.

Man, I have to agree that Mamouru is sooo annoying and worthless, but that's human so I won't blame him. We need all kinds of characters in one group anyways.

Maria is such a kind person and knowing what will happen to her makes me sad. You derserve way better, Maria.

This society is so fucked up but I think I partly understand why they have to do it.

Perhaps a lot of questions will be answered in the next ep. Way to go!

Nov 16, 2019 11:38 AM

Feb 2017
Ryou seems more hypnotized / controlled than Saki and the rest. Poor him getting caught up in another group's troubles.
Feb 3, 2020 6:19 AM

Dec 2018
Well, this episode just confirms that someone's monitoring them. That means that there's a reason why they don't dispose Group 1.

"There exist a boy X, X is a member of Group 1 such that, for all members of Group 1 Y, X is forgotten by Y."
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 8, 2020 8:59 AM

Aug 2016
ohhh! the mirror! very nice detail.
Feb 13, 2020 5:18 PM

Apr 2011
About the controversial kiss scene: I think it connects with the animal instinct previously introduced in their society. I can't remember what animal was used as a model, but their behavior was related to kind gestures and physical contact when they feel threatened, anxious or just as a commom behavior between friends and lovers. So, the LGBT relationships previously featured aren't necessarily romantic; it's actually a way to provide comfort and prevent breakdowns in teenagers. That's why Maria and Saki still kiss each other in front of Subaru, specially in that tense and sad situation. It's the same when they were younger and Subaru tried to have sex with Saki in a highly inappropriate moment. It's just their instinct, comfort each other and keep their minds safe through human contact.
chronaexpFeb 29, 2020 9:42 AM
May 3, 2020 1:28 AM

Aug 2019
Awesome episode. It's so sad how they forgot about Shun but I'm glad that Saki was able to figure it out so quickly. I'm really liking her as a protagonist. Mamoru was annoying but Idk why I'm feeling a bit suspicious of Maria. And I hope Satoru plays a big role too. Now we're starting to get some answers but seems like the group is in trouble. Also, loved the animation in this episode.
Mayo-13May 3, 2020 1:33 AM

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Nov 5, 2020 1:13 AM

Jan 2020
If anyone fails to abide by the rules, their existence is completely erased from everyone's memory? It seems like there are a few exceptions, though. That explains why nobody reacted to Reiko and Manabu's disappearance. It also seems like Satoru's grandmother is the one behind all of this.
Nov 5, 2020 5:15 AM

Jul 2017
Solid episode again. I don't like how some episodes feel like they start too abruptly or feel disconnected, but it recovered pretty well by the end. Mamoru annoyed me but I liked Maria's conversation with Saki (cheeky Satoru also going for the group hug at the end too when Maria and Saki were having their moment). Nice that they're trying really hard to remember their old comrades and really, the truth itself about everything after they lost their memories (that committee really is headstrong making people who don't clearly abide the rules disappear not only physically but mentally for everyone too).

The cliffhanger at the very end feels a bit stuck on and I would have preferred it actually if it ended on the hug itself but even so, it's still sort of interesting nonetheless. The cast is still not great as a whole but there's enough in the world and the story to carry it to a fine level.
Feb 6, 2022 10:23 AM
Nov 2020
they forgot shun!!! How?
Apr 29, 2022 2:36 PM

Jan 2020
Just when I was starting to give this society the benefit of the doubt they turn around and erase people's memories and existence. Tut, tut... so rude.

Saki is just going to go down swinging I guess. Everyone keeps telling her to chill and she just doubles down. This might end up being a tragedy by the end after all. But, hopefully, at least she'll feel satisfied with her decisions.

We're just about at the half-way point and we're looking at a confrontation with one of the top brass. I suspect the tone of the show going forward is going to depend on what is about to happen.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 21, 2022 8:07 AM

Aug 2021
"Have you forgotten about me already?" I think it is these words that perfectly represent what Shinsekai yori shows with this episode.
Apr 13, 2023 5:25 AM

Feb 2014
Mamoru's always scared it's annoying lol.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.