Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 14, 2:19 PM

May 2021
Reply to phantom346
@MeanEYE Same bro! I hated his internal monologue about how strong she is when she's just blasting them with a gun. Maybe these people in the Defense Force are injected with Kaiju fluids or something.
@phantom346 It's not a far fetched idea actually. It also smells of some romance set up which I have to be honest am not a big fan of. Not in that way anyway.
Apr 14, 2:46 PM
Jul 2016
I thought this anime was about cleaners, small people, but the ending surprised me. I hope they won't ruin it.
Apr 14, 3:15 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Threee
I thought this anime was about cleaners, small people, but the ending surprised me. I hope they won't ruin it.
@Threee Yeah I was excited for a comedy, about the daily life of cleanup crews after a Kaiju attack but oh well.
Read Toriko!
Apr 14, 3:47 PM

Dec 2020
Got to be the best non-sequal series of this season
Nah I ain't saying on whim
This 1st ep got me so hyped...started the manga right after finishing this ep, caught up with it in chap 105 in 1 day

And it wasn't a waste of time at all
Now from this I can confidently say this GOT to be the best non-sequal series of this season ong

And the way manga's progressing, itz my best non-sequal shounen read in recent few years
Apr 14, 3:47 PM

Dec 2020
KANLen09 said:
Well, this is Natsu Matsumoto's Shonen Jump adaptation at its finest.

Production I.G. is going 2-for-2 from Heavenly Delusion to this.

They gonna nail it again
Apr 14, 4:13 PM
May 2020
the first episode was a ride indeed, and it was more than random of him to turn into a kaijuu lol
Apr 14, 4:55 PM
Sep 2022
That was an Awesome 1st episode!!!
Apr 14, 4:57 PM
Mar 2019
Would not like to rebuild that area at the end.
Apr 14, 5:01 PM
Jan 2009
I actually kind of wish this was about them just cleaning up Kaiju and the work that goes into that lol, feel it's gonna be another battle shounen but who knows.
Apr 14, 6:27 PM

May 2021
I am thoroughly impressed! knew nothing going in and can’t believe I’ve never seen anything about this manga

this’ll be the show I watch promptly each week, and now knowing it’s coming from who did Heavenly Delusion is one more reason to get excited!

calling it now that Reno will be my fave character lol
Apr 14, 7:38 PM
May 2019
Awesome episode!
Apr 14, 10:08 PM

Jan 2017
Looks good. MC is relatable and lovable, supporting character is handsome and cool. Even the leading lady isn't someone irritating. The monsters look scary and the blood (and dirt) is to my taste. Beautiful animation and interesting plot too. Ohh so it's Production IG, that's why. Looking forward to this
Apr 14, 10:25 PM

Aug 2017
I don't understand why they made the protagonist so old. Doesn't help his design is already ugly to begin and the story is so generic. Funny the girl around the same age I think looks better but he's ugly af. Ichikawa should be the only MC, please delete the ugly fossil from the Anime.
NurguburuApr 14, 10:34 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 14, 10:27 PM
Apr 2019
way better than expected
Apr 14, 10:28 PM
Oct 2019
episode, I felt like it lacked a more impactful climax, they took it a lot as a joke, I like the manga, but Boruto's look bothers me, I'll keep watching because I like the story, but my god
Apr 14, 10:50 PM
Dec 2021
Just not a big fan of the animation of it, but they followed well the manga!!
Apr 14, 11:03 PM
Oct 2022
HYPEEE THIS IS WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST ANIME. ANIMATION IS SO GOOD AND CLEANN
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Jul 2008
Its a kaiju world and were just HOLY HELL WTF A FREAKING MONSTER BUG WENT DOWN HIS THROAT THAT'S SO FREAKING GROSS WTF!!!!!
Apr 14, 11:34 PM
Dec 2023
Pretty cool and interesting
Apr 15, 3:11 AM
Jan 2024
The animation is great. Good way to start a show.
Apr 15, 3:52 AM

Mar 2017
Kaijuu x Kiseiju are mixed here frfr ahah
PastUchiha98Apr 15, 3:56 AM
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Apr 15, 6:34 AM
Apr 2024
So basically AoT/Parasyte but with a far less interesting world and characters. Bit disappointed because people called the MC a breath of fresh air due to his age so I thought the characters would be more grounded but this is just a very typical shounen. Still the show slaps when it comes to monster fighting spectacles and sometimes simplicity is all you need.
Apr 15, 6:39 AM
Feb 2021
Awesome animation and story-telling, anxious for the next episodes.
Apr 15, 7:15 AM

Oct 2008
this looks crazy friggin' good!!! i want moar!
5/5.

Apr 15, 8:20 AM

Jan 2021
I didn't read the synopsis so I was completely surprised by that last scene :'D but honestly the first episode was really fun and exciting. Is this the first and last episode Kafka is seen as a human? Or will he be able to shapeshift?

Apr 15, 9:40 AM
Jun 2022
i think this episode is good :D
i already read the manga but not too much chapter
Apr 15, 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
A very good start. They fleshed out the characters really well in just a short amount of time. And also some nice setup for next episode.
Albi-kunApr 15, 10:56 AM
Apr 15, 11:12 AM
Feb 2016
Man, for a moment I thought Kafka was done for. And it crossed my mind that maybe this is a story of Ichikawa avenging his dead senpai or something lol. But yeah, I knew Kafka would be the kaiju from the trailer
Apr 15, 11:51 AM

Mar 2019
While some have to eat hair, others have to eat kaijuu..
Great debut, the episode was really fun. ^^
Apr 15, 11:56 AM
Apr 2019
I liked it, it was good. First for the things I liked, although it isn't really usually indicative of quality, I liked the art. It felt refreshing and sometimes complimented the general tone of the series in a good way. I liked how it diverged from traditional shounen troupes and made the adult protag an immature, emotionally complicated kid at heart who needed to be taught the lesson that previous shounen protags knew and lived by all along. This time the young one, Ichikawa was the source of inspiration while Kafka existed as sort of A what if. What if characters like Naruto and Luffy weren't determined from the begging and just became integrated into society like us all, Kafka is what would happen. Additionally, I liked the chemistry between Kafka and Ichikawa, they played off eachother in a way which made them feel like more than the traditional shounen archetypes. Now for what I don't like. I dislike the way that they were very repetitive in demonstrating Kafka's initial conflict of not having achieved their dream and seeing other people be praised despite their hard work. It wasen't quite as repetitive in getting that across as something like Black Clover was with it's themes but goddamn have some more respect for your audience. Also on the topic of repetition, they literally played part of Kafka's childhood flashback 3 damn times. Not only the repetition of the flashback but the flashback on it's self and it's nature made Kafka feel more like a caricature of the traditional shounen protag rather than a genuine character. Finally, I dislike how in the end scene it completely broke the emotional tension of that scene by making Kafka's Kaijuu transformation goofy as hell and making a joke out of what was clearly a previously serious and emotional scene. Overall, it did nothing detrimental and I liked more than what I disliked about this. Overall I give the first episode a 6/10.
Apr 15, 12:34 PM

Oct 2014
very good first ep cant wait for the rest!!
Apr 15, 1:12 PM
Apr 2022
The animation & drawing style look so DOPE :)
Apr 15, 2:18 PM
Jun 2012
Exceptional so far.

Keep this level of production up and you have this season's winner.
Apr 15, 3:22 PM

May 2009
Reply to MeanEYE
@phantom346 It's not a far fetched idea actually. It also smells of some romance set up which I have to be honest am not a big fan of. Not in that way anyway.
@MeanEYE There is almost zero romance, she barely appears.
Apr 15, 4:20 PM

Apr 2015
a good start I give it an 8 I have no problems with the animation, in the plot I see that the transformation into Kaijuu is fun and interesting but I find the cleaning team more interesting than the attack team I would have liked Kafka and Reno when seeing the transformation and seeing that the attack team wants to kill him, they decide to stay on the cleaning team, hiding their identity, forming a group to do secret missions to find the truth of the kaijuu and find a way to cure the transformation

One Republic's ED was good. I hope the studios include more foreign bands to make original EDs and OPs or existing songs like what happened with the bands Oasis and Backstreet Boys.
Apr 15, 5:35 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to MeanEYE
@shutcardboard it's possible they are setting up mega-tsundere. But in the end it's japanese romance, which means she's probably flipping her bean thinking of him but being too shy to look at him or say his name. Etc.
@MeanEYE I actually read ahead as I liked Kafka (and 1-2 other characters that will be introduced next ep) and the worldbuilding in itself.

Won't spoil anything but you luckily are wrong with this one, lmao. She truly just is a disgusting and selfish human that has only the tiniest sliver of affection left for him :P. Actually happy about that as it ain't the usual tsundere shoujo romance in a shounen.
Apr 15, 7:06 PM

Dec 2022
absolutely the most compelling show i've ever seen about a janitor
and that is one hell of a plot twist!
Apr 15, 8:34 PM

Dec 2022
Hadamn, I thought this was a cool introduction episode for the man who became a kaiju brrrr with the whole parasite like Kaiju entering Kafka actually got my body chillin. Pretty hyped to see how Kafka and Ichikawa handle their situation that they're stuck in.

Apr 15, 8:54 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Wedgez
I actually kind of wish this was about them just cleaning up Kaiju and the work that goes into that lol, feel it's gonna be another battle shounen but who knows.
@Wedgez

I want him to become the best cleaner due to his new powers. He talked about how it would take a week to clean that Kaiju but I hope he starts doing it in like an hour haha
Apr 16, 5:10 AM

May 2021
Reply to shutcardboard
@MeanEYE I actually read ahead as I liked Kafka (and 1-2 other characters that will be introduced next ep) and the worldbuilding in itself.

Won't spoil anything but you luckily are wrong with this one, lmao. She truly just is a disgusting and selfish human that has only the tiniest sliver of affection left for him :P. Actually happy about that as it ain't the usual tsundere shoujo romance in a shounen.
@shutcardboard for a change that's good to hear. Kind of sick of tropes which it seems are getting more and more abundant lately.
Apr 16, 6:18 AM

Nov 2021
Es una puta mierda.
Apr 16, 6:46 AM
Oct 2021
Not really a strong enough first impression but one thing that's for sure is that, they will be delivering on the action sequences. I just hope their smooth enough.
Apr 16, 7:41 AM
Mar 2022
It's just begin
I think in next episodes it will be better
Apr 16, 1:09 PM

Oct 2021
Yes, yes!! Finally something worth watching from modern anime, can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 16, 7:31 PM
Dec 2019
entretenido y emocionante
Apr 16, 9:04 PM

Nov 2009
Huh... was reading the Synopsis, and LOL

parasite-type kaijuu that forces its way in through his mouth

This reminded me of the actual series "parasyte"

___ ___ ___

___ ___ ___

Huh, the Kaijuus are getting destroyed by the Humans with super weapons, interesting.

Sounds like this world would be Godzilla's worse nightmare, LOL.

Not only that, but they go through some "monster dissecting" (not sure if they're just breaking it down in pieces to move them, or turning some pieces into weapons and armors like Monster Hunters)

This is like the game "viscera cleanup detail" but Monster edition, LOL

Also... was the "girl" he made the promise to "become the coolest" the girl that saved him in the end? So she's technically already cooler than him before he turns into a Kaiju... no wonder it felt like she was ignoring him for the most part.

And I guess this series's main "pairing" will be the MC and his "junior"... LOL

SENPAI RUUUUUN

LOL

Tho... I wonder if they'll explain where that telepathic flying kaiju came from... and why did it enter into the MC and turns him into Kaijuman
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 16, 10:28 PM
Apr 2024
Very strong start, faster pacing than in the manga but I think its for the better. Must watch for the season already even though the character designs might be jarring from time to time.
Apr 16, 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
it's been so long since I watched something as it aired and waited for eps but I absolutely loved the manga when I read it way back, so have to try and keep up with this series! Loved the first ep!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 17, 4:27 AM

Oct 2009
Powerful first episode. I was riveted from start to finish. I like that the main protag is in his 30s and is still determined about making his dreams come true despite failing at first. He also has the balance of being both jaded and energetic. I thought the character designs were fine but the OP & ED songs were generic. Even though I've been listening to the songs in a loop for the past few days, they were forgettable. I'm quite hyped for the next episode so I started the reading the manga as well. A bummer that this show only has 12 episodes.
Apr 17, 8:05 AM

Aug 2019
Pretty good start imo! Really interested to see where this goes, I might even wake up a little earlier to watch the stream too! I know the episode is released normally an hour later but still
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 1

100 by LuisSV23 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ricky16 - May 4

203 by -kamil-kun- »»
9 hours ago

» Why hasn't Ichikawa's and Furuhashi's account of Kaiju no. 8 been taken into consideration? (Possible spoilers)

SamuelPapprill - Yesterday

12 by Pendragon572 »»
Today, 2:06 AM

» Too Much Comedy?

Sagepool - May 22

40 by SuperLupinHero »»
Yesterday, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - May 25

155 by Hilly-chan89 »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.