Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 19, 2019 12:57 PM

Jun 2015
Well, that was bad. Ridiculous clothing, dull main character and really cringy way to say 'my little lady'. Ugh.
Oct 19, 2019 11:23 PM

Feb 2019
N7Reny said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

If I understood this episode, it was her determination to show own worth. Something like "I prefer to die than accept that I am weak/worthless".

But didn't he said that he wants to execute her faster so she doesn't need to suffer? For me, this part was straight bullshit made to push plot into this romance-kind of relationship. Maybe they give propper reason later.

Superns18 said:

it's not trying too hard, it's literally a seinen, it's for mature audiences. this is a great series. Most people here are watching isekai this season. I will get upset because this site's rating scale is bullshit, this should have an 8 easily.

Iv saw around 70 seinen anime, so I think that makes me enough competent to rate this anime in seinen scale. And to be honest i would not even call this anime seinen. More like dark shoujo with psychological elements(bullying and stuff) and my rating would be 7/10 if I didn't watch last 5 to 6 minutes. But now I m not giving it more than 4/10 due to last few minutes were so irrational, like he really had no reason to change his mind.(at least in 1st ep, I have no clue ab novel and manga)

k, very cool kanye! thanks
Oct 21, 2019 8:57 AM

Jun 2019
That was one of the best first eps I've watched in a while. It introduced the characters, the world, most of the initial plot or characters motivations and most importantly, well for me anyway, got me emotionally invested in the story. This has the potential to be a great series.
Oct 23, 2019 2:49 PM
May 2016
how ambitious. It's technically the standard magic high school in a lot of ways, but the level of ambition here makes me able to overlook that. I find both the main characters charming, and find myself invested despite how they themselves are fairly minimal at this point. if they can keep up this ambition, and animation. I'll certainly enjoy this series
Oct 28, 2019 6:28 AM

Jun 2017
Well the start was kinda good, the animation is good, that fight scene was well, enjoyable at the least. I have watched several Hollywood vampire movies before, so "Lacanthropes" seems a bit odd and funny to me. Also, I doubt that this lantern world of them would even exist without sunlight, correct me if I'm wrong but I doubt that life on Earth would even exist that long if sunlight disappears. Assuming that there's no more sunlight in this setting. The MCs name is well, Vampir, Idk about that. I have mixed feelings about this, but it's too early to drop it, I'd give this one a chance.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 28, 2019 9:24 AM

May 2018
For a level of studio like EMT Square, this anime is surprisingly good. I only remember them for making a short anime, so taking a full time anime like this sounds like a brave step from them.

But, I can feel some rush from the pace. I thought that girl will show her mana release after two or more episode, but she got it right in the end of first episode, which is too fast that we can't really get how's that happen.
Oct 31, 2019 1:31 AM

Aug 2018
This was an okay Episode
Nov 8, 2019 10:58 AM

May 2017
10/10 op (damn the EM so good) best op this season
i just like the op song, the story is average. i dont care about adaptation.

Nov 10, 2019 9:29 AM
Jan 2018
Is it dark Becouse they are in lamp world ??
Nov 11, 2019 2:43 AM

Dec 2008
I like the premise of "Cities in a bottle", those kinda stories always resonate with me a bit.
Hopefully they expand upon that and actually go on adventures out in the darkness...but I doubt it will add up to much if anything at all. Seems a bit too shoujo to me already.
And did anyone else notice one of the maids after the blonde girl got powers was called Nietzsche? lol wtf, like the philosopher? lol o>O
Dec 3, 2019 2:37 AM
Mar 2019
Since I have read the manga(not gonna spoil), that last scene where she's able to use mana due to Vampir was cut short. They had a longer discussion in the manga which was better than that direct kiss and all.
Dec 3, 2019 4:04 PM

Aug 2016
Beside I see another Kirito here (And I say it as somebody who like SAO), beside ridiculous cities in chandelier (SukaSuka was on flying islands and how good it was), beside almost no development from killing her to sharing his life with her and overall nothing telling characters or pace of show from first episodes...

I really, really feel strong Arifureta vibes from this. Is it made by same stuff? Tell me, ones who saw other episodes, is this worth watching even a little?

Also, I hope she isn't really seven... what's up with this adult teenage boys liking lolis?

Edit: Also, first girl from train is already best girl in my opinion. Unless it's not some cheap plot twist secret counter agent, send them kill both in case this happens.
Martin_TaylorDec 3, 2019 4:21 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2019 11:51 AM

Feb 2008
A real gentleman would have gone to check on her after she fell down the stairs.

My already low expectations for this series were dropped even further by the heroine's introduction.

If they're going to say she's got beautiful fighting form, they could at least try to show it too. As it was, her form was utter trash, even by stage fighting standards.

It feels like the authors aren't even trying when they toss in things like insta-love from an assassin and insta-trust from someone who's been treated the way she has up to now. Honestly, I would have liked it a lot better if he'd simply told her the truth of why he was there before giving her a chance to live by taking whatever potion that was. And then explained him doing it as some form of politics.

Also, why did he even have that potion on him? He went there with the intention of killing her, not awakening her mana.

I did quite like the music at the end though.
Dec 21, 2019 1:43 PM

Aug 2017
OMG main girl is so useless. Why was she on top of the balcony to begin with?

2/5

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 7, 2020 9:08 AM
Dec 2019
First episode was nice, the protagonists seem to be good. The story isn't very attractive, but i think i can enjoy it.

80/100
Mar 13, 2020 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
Um yeah, definitely off to a poor start. The concept of "pride" here seems to be a little skewed if not incorrect.

What on earth? Kissing right off the bat? Give me a break. This is gonna turn out to be some cheap trash heap of an anime where possible romantic encounters are just randomly thrown out between the two protagonists.
Apr 20, 2020 9:21 AM

Jul 2015
Love the lantern city and the surroundings, but the characters seem kind of bad especially with a name like Vampir lol

Hopefully they won't let Merida stay a helpless character who needs Kufa's help every time

May 28, 2020 12:14 PM

Jan 2019
The main guy's blue mana thing looks so cool!!!
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"] aa[/font]

Apr 21, 2021 6:46 PM

Oct 2020
Well that was interesting we got ourselves a Edgy Mc.
May 4, 2021 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
Lol at the maid named "Nietzsche"
Oct 9, 2021 10:14 PM

Jun 2020
This episode is getting some heat and maybe unappreciated for the fact that this is a slow start I mean I can't blame you if you don't find this entertaining enough

I have been enjoying this a bit even though it's a bit bland but I hope it picks up rather than showing us some good animations

Guessing from the first episode this is going to be a rough start and I'm going to tell you that the end is going to be hell.
Sep 19, 2022 5:22 PM
Feb 2019
The first episode definitely caught my attention and I will continue to watch it, but a small part of me thinks that it might be a letdown. Kufa is a mystery which makes me want to know more. He is just a little bland from the first episode. I want to see more world building as well, so hopefully further into the show there will be more of that.

Here's to hoping I eat my words later.
Apr 10, 2023 6:50 PM

Jul 2016
I really liked the ending song, it's picture perfect for the plot.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Apr 23, 2023 3:07 PM

Mar 2012
i don't remember if i have posted here already, but...
that was a hell of a lot of explanation. kinda already tired of the guy's voice.
i'm not gonna say much because i'm insisting on watching something that couldn't be farther from my alley, but, let's see what happens.
Sep 3, 2023 6:21 AM
Jan 2021
w anime but the plot could have been better
Sep 3, 2023 6:21 AM
Jan 2021
w anime but the plot could have been better
Feb 14, 12:53 AM
Jun 2023
very nice anime and manga
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What's with the Hate?

Aytr0 - Jun 3, 2021

32 by pissolati »»
Aug 27, 3:35 PM

» what makes the show THIS bad?

APolygons2 - Apr 20, 2023

23 by Akanekino »»
Nov 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

104 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

66 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2019

94 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 29, 2023 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.