Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2016 5:19 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting first episode. I truly didn't expect Haruta to be gay for the teacher as I thought he and Chika are the main couple. Oh, well. I don't really mind but am I delusional to think that Haruta and Chika's feelings will change and will develop feelings for each other instead? I mean it happens a lot in anime, right? Also, both of them are so young and the teacher is old for them. I doubt he will take either of them seriously if they decided to confess but let's see how things go.
Jan 7, 2016 5:19 AM

Aug 2012
Boring atmosphere and execution of the mystery segment. And the type of romance presented is definitely not my taste. Into the drop list I guess.
Jan 7, 2016 5:23 AM
Jan 2015
desertkona said:
Endure the gay part
I Watch this for the mystery

Must say it's quite a mystery, how Haruka figured it out Chikas love interest.
Jan 7, 2016 5:35 AM

Nov 2014
Art and animation was ok, but the best part was the mystery part with the music, hope they keep in that way.

And what a love triangle, already a better love story than shigatsu wa kimi no uso.

Jan 7, 2016 5:37 AM
Apr 2015
According to tumblr user yonakayaku: '100% trolling. ;P the twins are not even mentioned by their names in the novel.'

and 'nope, the teacher is not aware of chika's feelings as of the most recent book.
the story does not focus on romance, but on solving mysteries'

So yeah, you walked headfirst in the bullshit trolls, Z4K. Just admit you were talking outta your ass. :D
Jan 7, 2016 6:26 AM

Jun 2013
It was nice, I'm going to continue.
I didn't expect Chika to like sensei, I mean they just met and she didn't seem to do so.
Jan 7, 2016 6:37 AM

May 2012
Ehh... It's like 4,5/10.
Jan 7, 2016 7:17 AM

Oct 2014
Wow the homophobia level in this discussion is too damn high.... Anyways, i thought it was a really nice start. Im looking forward to see how this will turn out since ive never seen a series with a love triangle that has a gay person in it
why
Jan 7, 2016 7:19 AM

Apr 2014
Not sure why you're really getting butthurt and making a big deal out of this just because I said I wasn't interested with the premise. I'm allowed to have an opinion aren't I?
lizebutnotrize said:
According to tumblr user yonakayaku: '100% trolling. ;P the twins are not even mentioned by their names in the novel.'

Uh and why should I even care about this? I never said anything about the twins.

lizebutnotrize said:
The story does not focus on romance, but on solving mysteries'

The tumblr user you mentioned said it contains romance to some extent. Not to mention, most of this episode was anime original according to the user so there's no guarantee they're mainly going to focus on the uninteresting mysteries for the rest of the episodes.

lizebutnotrize said:
Just admit you were talking outta your ass. :D

Except I didn't. I only shared what the other guy had read and I did specifically state that "not sure if it's true". Truly a remarkable reading comprehension you've got there buddy.
Jan 7, 2016 7:39 AM

Jan 2014
What the fuck was that.

Guess I know what I'm dropping this season. (Will do a 4 Episode test)

Atrocious design. Atrocious dialogue. Atrocious mystery. Bullshit confession. This is not the PA Works I love.

1/10 Winter 2016 has failed me.
TyrelJan 7, 2016 3:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2016 7:43 AM
Jul 2015
Well things were going good.. but after watching the ending I was stunned xD
Jan 7, 2016 8:04 AM
May 2015
MagicalMahou said:
What the fuck was that.

Guess I know what I'm dropping this season. (Will do a 4 Episode test)

Atrocious design. Atrocious dialogue. Atrocious mystery. Bullshit confession. This is not the PA Works I love.

1/10 Winter 2016 has failed me.

Calm, this is just the first episode.
Jan 7, 2016 8:05 AM

Nov 2012
this was pretty fun, the mystery aspect in this episode was kind of unnecessary but besides that i'm intrigued.
and i love the eye designs :o
Jan 7, 2016 8:08 AM
Jul 2015
Fun. It's nice to see an average gay guy in anime, though what stood out to me more is that I love Chika's personality. Just the right amount of ambition, dumbness, and pouts.

Edit: Also, we have another example of hypocritical anime fans: lolis, okay. incest, okay. over-the-top unrealistic yuri fanserivce/relationships, okay. An average gay guy whose portrayed in a down to earth manner? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?
MarnieJan 7, 2016 8:13 AM
Jan 7, 2016 8:31 AM
Apr 2015
@Squirtle: What does that have to do with 'gay pedophilia' or 'sex slaves' or 'sensei getting into a relationship with Chika'? Those were the lies that were spread.

I am completely okay with the concept of sensei identifying as a woman and fearing to show it to the world. Go for it anime!
Jan 7, 2016 8:41 AM

Jul 2015
PolarKoala said:
Fun. It's nice to see an average gay guy in anime, though what stood out to me more is that I love Chika's personality. Just the right amount of ambition, dumbness, and pouts.

Edit: Also, we have another example of hypocritical anime fans: lolis, okay. incest, okay. over-the-top unrealistic yuri fanserivce/relationships, okay. An average gay guy whose portrayed in a down to earth manner? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

Exactly that's what I think too
Jan 7, 2016 8:55 AM

Sep 2014
It's interesting so far. I kind of like it for now because Chika's personality and design appeals to me,but this seems an awful lot like Hibike. Even the teacher has a similar look/personality..

Oh I also REALLY like the OP. I'm a big fan of f'hana so I immidiatly added it to my "want" list and repeated it a few times. So good.
KonoetanJan 7, 2016 9:47 AM
Jan 7, 2016 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
It seems to me the plot will be geared to solving mysteries in school and finding members for the club, it was only the first episode, but it was already possible to learn a little about the personalities of Haruto and Chika, it is too early to make judgments about the anime, I'll wait next episodes, but I think it might be a good work ..
Jan 7, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2015
something in their character's design annoys me. I don't like chica's eyes.
I don't care if haruta is gay. It doesn't bother me. But the reason why i choose this show was because of the mystery and music. In this first episode the mystery was very boring. I hope it gets better.
Jan 7, 2016 9:51 AM

Feb 2014
Not going to lie that was a pretty boring first episode. Also weak animation by PA Works standards. Is Haruta gay for his teacher?
Jan 7, 2016 9:54 AM

Feb 2014
The homophobia is nothing compared to Shinsekai Yori when it did it, but some responses are pretty ridiculous. Seriously people... >_<

The show feels like it'll need a few episodes until it gets into it's stride, as the first episode was good, but nothing more than that. Until then, judging this anime only on the first episode, like most shows to be honest, would be unwise.

Chika's eyes are almost hypnotic, so her design might take some time to get used to. The art and animation doesn't match Kyoani's but it stills remains really nice and and unlike Your Lie in April, they're not using 3D CGI hands for playing the piano at least. ^^'
Jan 7, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
I'm in love with actors, I love anime with music.
But ... WHAT WAS THAT FINAL? LOVE TRIANGLE?
Jan 7, 2016 10:43 AM

Oct 2015
I have never seen anything like this before.. Not in an anime. I hope they don't make a joke out of Haruto's crush, tbh.
Jan 7, 2016 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
That was a great first episode
Chika is adorable
Jan 7, 2016 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
Anyway, nice first episode, even though the mystery part was somewhat uninteresting and kind of unnecessarily complex imo. I really like Chika so far. Hanae Natsuki as the music teacher is kind of strange and awkward lol.
TyrelJan 7, 2016 3:54 PM
Jan 7, 2016 12:39 PM
Nov 2013
Great OP, I just love fhána. Pretty interesting thing about that love triangle. Chica can become one of my favorite characters. I liked that scene when Chica wanted to scratch the cat and he ignored her LOL
I' m looking for an Ultimate Artist to help me creating some Danganronpa manga :-)
No experience required. Why don't give it a try?
If you can do anything manga-creating related you also would be a great help!
Just simply write to me, I don't bite ;-)
Seriously
Jan 7, 2016 1:36 PM
Dec 2015
i'm pretty disappointed with this first episode... kind of expected for something else :\
Not a big fan of mystery so i guess that's why i was bored.. i'll keep watching it though and see how it goes.
Jan 7, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
When I read the preview and description of characters about a love triangle, I expected everything but this. LOL!!! That the two MCs are in love with the teacher.

That took me by total surprise. Fun in a way, and leaves me wanting for HaruChika to truly be a thing on its own. (and my guess is that it will at some point).

Chika is a good character, I like her demeanor, and her desire to be a Cute Girl and Maiden Type and stuff and how she is thrown off by Haruta. I guess those two are gonna synergize a lot.

This series seems promising and the mystery stuff moved smoothly. I shall keep watching.
Jan 7, 2016 2:38 PM
Jan 2016
I loved it, but I did find the mystery part a bid weird because it wasn't very much of the type of mystery I wanted.I also didn't get the romance love triangle Haruta - Chika - Kusakabe, it wasn't explained much.my opinion on characters would probably be Chika, which is probably because I also play the flute, but thats not the only thing, i do think her personality is quite funny, and i also like her appearance, i would give 10/10
Jan 7, 2016 2:43 PM

Dec 2014
My reaction when watch this episode
First Half: Wow mistery it kindda good! the story look like interesting
Last scene before ending: WTF what was that! love triangle? then i got headchace
Jan 7, 2016 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
I quess, I will watch this show for the main heroine only. Damn, she's so adorable;)
Jan 7, 2016 3:27 PM

Feb 2013
LOL that end, totally unexpected. Really cute art, I'm looking forward to this! ♥
Jan 7, 2016 3:35 PM

Mar 2015
Looks like there has been quite the controversy over a character being gay (or bisexual, because it's not definite whether he's into girls with the given information that he has a crush on a male teacher).
All this controversy has me wondering if this is going to be one of the most controversial anime of the year, not because of the quality of the anime, like the more common anime of SAO, Naruto, Fairy Tale, etc., but because there is a character that is gay/bisexual.
Based on what has occurred in the episode, it doesn't even seem to be focused on romance, but rather the mystery, so I honestly don't get why some people are dropping it because of a romance that might not even be centralized or happen or because of a character that is gay/bisexual. Did you only watch this for the romance and not the mystery aspect???
In fact, the idea of Haru being gay/bi felt more like it was just added onto the end, like a P.S. in a letter as opposed to the actual bulk of it.
Now onto the actual plot of the story.
This particular case was fairly bland, and mainly a one-man effort on Haru's part, as opposed to the combined group effort I would prefer in mystery, especially since Chika is an interesting character that is definitely worth further investigating into.
SpiritedTrashJan 7, 2016 3:59 PM
Jan 7, 2016 3:40 PM

Mar 2014
^ I don't think there will be much controversy from now on, since most people who didn't enjoy it for the specific reason have already dropped it.
Jan 7, 2016 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned up until the last Mod post

Just as much as the spam comments and people baiting with the whole 'Gay' thing, please refrain from also making comments that're not relevant to this episode 'Lol at all these homophobes', etc.
TyrelJan 7, 2016 3:58 PM
Jan 7, 2016 4:13 PM

Apr 2015
Well I don't mind it but in your love with a teacher? Bruh...

Nice art tho.
Jan 7, 2016 4:19 PM

Apr 2011
I don't see how the art is on the down side. Something like Shomin Sample had below average animation due to constraints by the company. This show looked as good as it needed to be.
Jan 7, 2016 4:20 PM

Mar 2014
This thread is Shinsekai Yori episode 8 discussion all over again

OT: Fucking christ, why are they letting Natsuki Hanae voice the teacher although his voice doesn't even fit? I don't need another reason to hate his voice acting with a burning passion (I'm glad they hired Sarah Emi Bridcutt to voice the main heroine though, I'd love to see more hafū/foreigners in the anime industry)

Overall pretty meh, nothing stood out for me except for the fact that they actually managed to portray the male MC in a pretty down to earth way instead of a retarded over the top "ogiltiga sensei my anus is all yers!!!" way(despite him being gay).. I hope they'll actually try to portray him in a serious way in the rest of the series too
Comic_SansJan 7, 2016 4:28 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 7, 2016 4:40 PM

Feb 2013
I was not sure whole watching the episode If continue this one:

- generic MC girl - checked
-generic girl love interest - checked
-generic music teacher - checked

But then...the generic boy is all gay for his teacher and suddenly this anime has all my attention, or at least i'll watch it to see all the homophobic butthurt people on MAL *grabs the popcorn*

Jan 7, 2016 4:58 PM

Apr 2010
I like the Chika's personality, the eyes draw, the hair. But the story didn't catch me, because Chika is going to learn an instrument just to be more "girly". And the triangle love, i don't know what to say about it.

I'll give it a chance, let's see if i'll keep it going or drop it.
"maybe nothing in this world happens by accident. As everything happen for a reason, our destiny slowly takes forms..." (Reyleigh, One piece)

Jan 7, 2016 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was funny, I liked the mystery too and how it was solved. Haruta works as the detective here which was pretty disappointing (in general, I think it's better to have it solved by everyone as a crew other than the detective alone). Also, Haruta is homossexual! Wasn't expecting that. Now, we just need to go over the teacher's sexuality and this is gonna get tragic one way or another.

Their eyes are really fucking strange when up-close but I like the character designs any way. The cute girl thing is gonna be annoying. And I'm really torn on the main girl, because despite me liking her dedication on becoming a flute player, I feel like she is really wasting all those years of practice on volleyball.

Apparently this made a bunch of people get their sensors on. ka, I'm gonna get some popcorn before reading this entire thread.
Jan 7, 2016 6:04 PM

Aug 2015
Speaking purely from the musical standpoint, this has no chance of even coming close to Euphonium.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Jan 7, 2016 6:38 PM
Dec 2014
I really liked it...I hope there'll be yaoi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Jan 7, 2016 6:54 PM

Jan 2015
MarkFlowers said:
Isn't this anime going to turn out to be another Glasslip?
Nothing as bad as Glasslip mate
Jan 7, 2016 7:28 PM

May 2015
That wasn't as boring as I've seen some people saying, although I think the characters are a bit prone to "State-My-Motivations-And-Backstory-Out-Loud Syndrome", but overall not a major gripe. The characters are likeable enough to make up for it and P.A. Works art can make up for it.

The bigger problem I have is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. Hyouka? Hibike Euphonium? It needs to find the right balance.

Holy crap, I did not expect that reveal at the end, though...maybe it was because I automatically thought it would be a romance between the two MCs when I saw the poster. Well played, PA Works. ^^
Jan 7, 2016 7:39 PM

Apr 2011
It was decent until that last part

wtf was that
Jan 7, 2016 8:21 PM
Mar 2014
Going from first impressions the idea of having a gay/bi sexual character is fine but they way it is set up is god awful, so in all honesty I hope that this whole haru x teacher thing is a bad joke because if it isn't this anime is going to flop hard going down this path.
Jan 7, 2016 8:56 PM
Oct 2014
huhuhu sayonara haruchika~

the first 20 mins was fun though
Jan 7, 2016 9:07 PM

May 2014
Ginkaize said:
MarkFlowers said:
Isn't this anime going to turn out to be another Glasslip?
Nothing as bad as Glasslip mate

It is going to be a lot worse. (coff coff haruta coff coff)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2016 9:18 PM

Jul 2015
yay fhana~

I'm a bit surprised with what I just saw there. Nevertheless, I'm interested in how they'll come up with the music-mystery theme, though I've already got a taste of what the relationship looks like. (Hibike Euphonium?)

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 16, 2023

0 by yukiyamayui »»
Nov 16, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2016

124 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

126 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 24, 2022 9:16 PM

» Why is HaruChika's rating so low

ChrisAMV - Mar 5, 2016

41 by PowerMinerYT »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:06 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2016

86 by luminality »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.