Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2013
Ok so I definitely fell asleep during that episode. I know that it's an intro but boring is still boring. I just don't find Asuna to be a very interesting character. Hopefully the Mother Rosario arc gets better.
dankzelNov 9, 2014 6:06 PM
Nov 9, 2014 7:00 PM
Oct 2008
Well I've heard this arc is the high point of SAO so I am somewhat intrigued...
Nov 9, 2014 7:32 PM

Sep 2014
I enjoyed this episode but I felt like the producers were taunting me because they showed the cabin from sword art online the first season in this episode and the music also from that season played at the exact same momment and the reason I feel this way is because that's when my hatred for this series began but all in all good episode.
Nov 9, 2014 7:40 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I didn't enjoyed it because it was non-sense.

And I feel like Asuna's getting far, far away from being that lovely Asuna she was in the first season, don't know why.

I hope they change this in the future. And what the fuck, omiais? What the fuck is happening? Where are you, Kirito? SHOW ME YOUR MAN SKILLS, DOOD.
DoctaLinker
Nov 9, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2014
robis798 said:
elior1 said:
by this ending song i almost sure all the arc will be focused on her

But will she be badass?

She will get development
Nov 9, 2014 8:41 PM

Jul 2014
FatefulLove said:

The scene in fronthe of Agil xD I felt the "go get a room" vibe!

Indeed
Nov 9, 2014 8:42 PM

Jul 2014
DeadZeroSource said:
so next episode they'll show the OP Zekken right?

She would've taken Asuna outta his harem
Nov 9, 2014 10:03 PM

Oct 2011
Is Zekkan that girl in the ED song with Asuna ?
Nov 9, 2014 10:10 PM

Oct 2013
siikc bringing back some memories of when sao was at its peak
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 9, 2014 10:27 PM

Apr 2012
OP animation is slightly change with Mother Rosario theme.

back to floor 22 and buy that house again :D

ED song change again, the song is quite nice.

can't wait for duel between Asuna and Zekken.

Nov 9, 2014 10:31 PM

Jul 2008
AnimeFan500 said:
Is Zekkan that girl in the ED song with Asuna ?

pillsbury15 said:
Well I've heard this arc is the high point of SAO so I am somewhat intrigued...

If it's well adapted then in my opinion it will be the high point of the SAO anime. Still the Alicization arc that come later in the story is the high point of the series but it is likely that it will never get an anime adaptation.

LastChapter said:
Also, referring to the second quote, Kirito is stronger when dual wielding, it's his forte else why would he use it in Caliber? He already developed Original Sword Skills for his previous dual blades ability, Starburst Stream is pretty much the only move he has to do without a system assist.

Kirito managed to develop original sword skills for his previous dual blades ability but he also stated that they are much less potent than the originals because he wasn't able to reproduce them perfectly. Kirito is aiming to get stronger as a dual sword user so he is training and honing his skills but until he manages to perfectly incorporate them into the game as original sword skills, he will be far from his former glory.
Nov 10, 2014 12:54 AM

Apr 2014
Glad that there was a little bit of romance again. Happy for Asuna because as she said, she is not happy with her family and the connections with her father brings me to the weird Sogou guy. Luckily she has that wonderful Log House on Floor 22 with her love. Ah, that house brought memories back from SAO..

Wonder who this Zekken is and why he/she is so strong (11 combo skills, wtf???). But I think that thanks to some people here i guess who it might be. It's alright, I'm not bad on anybody ;)

So Mother Rosario will probably last until the end of the saison.. Does that mean that the 4th Arc will be aired in a 3rd SAO season?
rumbleanimeNov 10, 2014 1:01 AM
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Nov 10, 2014 12:55 AM

Oct 2012
how the hell do you make your own skills that shit doesnt even make any sense
RRRRRRRRRR
Nov 10, 2014 1:12 AM

Mar 2014
Shangetsu said:
Still the Alicization arc that come later in the story is the high point of the series but it is likely that it will never get an anime adaptation.

Why wouldn't it be adapted? Is the anime not popular enough for a 3rd season?
Nov 10, 2014 1:45 AM

Jul 2007
Alittan said:
Shangetsu said:
Still the Alicization arc that come later in the story is the high point of the series but it is likely that it will never get an anime adaptation.

It is popular enough. Many people are guessing we will get S3 announcement right at the end of S2.
Nov 10, 2014 2:27 AM

Jan 2013
Could it be that Zekken is Yuuki? (I don't know but I feel like it would be reasonable because there was so much hype about Zekken and Yuuki is a new character)
Nov 10, 2014 4:12 AM

Feb 2014
I actually felt like crying when Asuna and Kirito got back their log cabin, with the memories of SAO flooding my mind and "a tender feeling" theme playing in the background, no wonder I couldn't keep the waterworks.

Apparently, Mother's Rosario will be an arc where Asuna regains her toughness in the first SAO arc because Kawahara wrote it as an apology for making her seem so weak in the Fairy Dance arc. I don't really like authors without their own minds but *shrugs* this works I guess. I'm just so glad that we're back in Aincrad!~
Nov 10, 2014 7:32 AM

Jan 2008
What a touching and nostalgic way of introducing Mother's Rosario. I see a lot of hype for this arc. I hope it doesn't disappoint. :)

Finally, an Imp-type as a main character. Looking forward to seeing Zekken in actio with that hyped up Original Sword Skill of hers.
Nov 10, 2014 7:35 AM
Jul 2013
What does that even mean? The two sword skill would've goten to them no to Kirito?
Wth?
Nov 10, 2014 7:45 AM

Feb 2014
Mirianime said:
What does that even mean? The two sword skill would've goten to them no to Kirito?
Wth?

Maybe Kirito means that Zekken is faster than him. Since the dual-blade skill goes to the fastest player in SAO, it would have gone to Zekken if he was playing SAO back then. Zekken has gotta be really strong if Kirito admits that.
Nov 10, 2014 7:45 AM

Jul 2007
Mirianime said:
Wth?

The dual wielding skill was set to go to the player with highest reaction time and combat capacity.
That was Kirito.

If Zekken was in SAO, it would be Zekken and not Kirito, because Kirito is below him in that.
Nov 10, 2014 8:39 AM

Dec 2010
The new girl seems promising, fucking finally Asuna gets some attention again. Got seriously sick of Kirito.
Nov 10, 2014 8:43 AM

Jul 2008
Alittan said:
Shangetsu said:

Because the Alicization arc is not suited for an anime adaptation. It is bigger than the rest of the series put together and it isn't even finished in the novels. Unless they decide to do a season and not to finish the arc (and I've hardly seen any anime that finish a season midway into an arc), it's extremely likely that it'll not receive an anime adaptation.

Sometime popularity matter only so much and studios need to take into consideration how well the material they use will turn into an anime. I'm not saying it's impossible for Alicization to be animated, just that from my point of view as a long time anime watcher I don't feel it will happen.

CookingPriest said:

It is popular enough. Many people are guessing we will get S3 announcement right at the end of S2.

Popular enough, I have to agree with that at least.
I still doubt for any S3 though.

MasterQuest said:
Could it be that Zekken is Yuuki? (I don't know but I feel like it would be reasonable because there was so much hype about Zekken and Yuuki is a new character)

Nov 10, 2014 8:45 AM

Dec 2010
Mirianime said:
Wth?
Because she's better than him
Nov 10, 2014 8:46 AM

Aug 2014
Shangetsu said:
Alittan said:

Because the Alicization arc is not suited for an anime adaptation. It is bigger than the rest of the series put together and it isn't even finished in the novels. Unless they decide to do a season and not to finish the arc (and I've hardly seen any anime that finish a season midway into an arc), it's extremely likely that it'll not receive an anime adaptation.

Sometime popularity matter only so much and studios need to take into consideration how well the material they use will turn into an anime. I'm not saying it's impossible for Alicization to be animated, just that from my point of view as a long time anime watcher I don't feel it will happen.

I feel it will. Given SAO's popularity and sales, the real surprise would be if they did not adapt it.
Nov 10, 2014 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
Meh. I'll just read the novels if they don't adapt it.

In the mean time, this arc looks really promising. And I forgot to mention this in my previous post but the ED is awesome.
Nov 10, 2014 9:40 AM
Apr 2014
Shangetsu said:

You're wrong.

Reki himself said that Alicization arc itself ended with volume 14, 15 onwards is a different arc, even if its still called "Alicization".

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 10, 2014 9:50 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I'm worried that NTR is coming for Kiriro again. It looks like an arranged marriage is taking place offline a gang raping? Asuna did NOT look happy...
Nov 10, 2014 9:53 AM

Nov 2013
Oookay,so a player who`s supposedly more powerful than Kirito! Can`t wait for the next episodes~ ^w^

But i never knew that Yui could change to her normal form whenever she wants,i wonder why does she stay in her pixie form most of the time.. :/
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Nov 10, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
love the "coming back home" scene :')
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Nov 10, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2013
Boring episode ~~
but still bring some memories and a little explanation
of what coming next so no complains here.
and we back to Asuna no more Shino,
it was ok but they didnt have to ditch her like
she never existed, and what with this teasing
show her for a second and then she gone.

Stupid new ending song, nothing against the song or art
but it just full with spoilers on what coming next and on the end
of the song such a big spoiler on what going to happen to Yuuki.
(why not?, just show everything that going to happen (sarcasm) ).

I hope it will get better when Yuuki arrive
at least i hope so.
Nov 10, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2014
Did anyone else notice the date at the bottom was wrong around about 6:45? It said 2024/12/24 instead of 2025.
Nov 10, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2014
ShadowOtaku- said:
Did anyone else notice the date at the bottom was wrong around about 6:45? It said 2024/12/24 instead of 2025.

I actually think the bottom date is right and the top is wrong. Wasn't the flash back on Christmas eve 12/24/2024 and then calibur started 4 days later 12/28/2024. MR was about one week or so later on Jan 6th 2025.
Nov 10, 2014 1:50 PM
Nov 2013
There is even a third ED :o
Nov 10, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2014
Bomb2chest said:
ShadowOtaku- said:

I actually think the bottom date is right and the top is wrong. Wasn't the flash back on Christmas eve 12/24/2024 and then calibur started 4 days later 12/28/2024. MR was about one week or so later on Jan 6th 2025.
No MR was Jan 6th 2026 and they were in the Dicey Café on December 20th 2025, 4 days before the update, then when it skips to them fighting the 21st floor boss of New Aincrad which is in the Christmas eve update it says 2024.
CrimsonRuinSep 22, 2015 7:30 AM
Nov 10, 2014 2:55 PM

Feb 2014
Yay the episode was great , nice intro ! :)
I hope we dont see some Asuna family bs problems..

Can't wait to see Asuna fighting Zekken <3
I just wonder if Kirito really slacked off that fight... i don't think he could be beaten that easily lol.. he has pretty sharp eye throught all the series ! :)
Why do Asuna and Kirito reserve to show their love so much i don't get itt !? :D
Nov 10, 2014 3:03 PM

Sep 2014
ShadowOtaku- said:
Bomb2chest said:

No MR was Jan 6th 2026 and they were in the Dicey Café on December 20th 2025, 4 days before the update, then when it skips to them fighting the 21st floor boss of New Aincrad which is in the Christmas eve update it says 2014.

You are right I got the years mixed up lol. Was thinking it was 2024 going into 2025 but it was 2025 going into 2026 :P.
Nov 10, 2014 3:17 PM
Apr 2014
Titan_Dome said:
Why do Asuna and Kirito reserve to show their love so much i don't get itt !? :D

I think its mainly because of Kirito, since Asuna went almost full dere after ALO... i miss SAO Asuna ; _ ;

Nov 10, 2014 6:16 PM
Nov 2014
I am beggining to be very displeased with this anime. First GGO good story good story line. After they left thay game and went back, the term STORYLINE apparently completely dispeared wth I expected better than this.
Nov 10, 2014 6:37 PM
Apr 2014
Ramax2994 said:
I am beggining to be very displeased with this anime. First GGO good story good story line. After they left thay game and went back, the term STORYLINE apparently completely dispeared wth I expected better than this.

Wait for the next episodes......... it's picking up now.

Nov 10, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2014
Kirito lossing a fight... Feels so good.

Sadly they didn't add the fight scene.
Nov 10, 2014 7:44 PM

May 2008
Very bad episode... (Last 3 also...) I very miss GGO. Only good season in this series...
GGO make this anime very seeable. Than they bring back all those bad harem metarial character and also the only good character (Shino) became the part of the shitty harem and turn to a mob character...
Haou-JudaiNov 10, 2014 7:48 PM
Nov 10, 2014 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
Haou-Judai said:
Very bad episode... (Last 3 also...) I very miss GGO. Only good season in this series...
GGO make this anime very seeable. Than they bring back all those bad harem metarial character and also the only good character (Shino) became the part of the shitty harem and turn to a mob character...

You must have not read the book. Oh well, just keep watching, starts to pick up after this episode (although beginning of next episode starts with Asuna's family drama).
Also I am suprised you haven't ignored the harem by now.
Nov 10, 2014 10:43 PM

Jan 2012
Moving into the next arc with six episodes left, this is probably gonna be rushed as f*ck.
Still, someone who beat Kirito? This sounds pretty intriguing :D
Nov 10, 2014 10:59 PM

Jul 2008
Skullk1d28 said:
Moving into the next arc with six episodes left, this is probably gonna be rushed as f*ck.
Still, someone who beat Kirito? This sounds pretty intriguing :D

It will not be rushed.
Mother Rosario is only one volume long while every other arc so far have been two volumes long so the amount of episode/volume is at the same proportion.
Nov 11, 2014 12:07 AM

Nov 2007
Wow Asuna's dad must be a major ass! His daughter is deeply in love with the guy that Saved her life and basically everyone trapped in the game his company manufactured yet he's trying to set her up in an arranged marriage... Someone needs to punch this prick in the face.
Nov 11, 2014 12:21 AM

Oct 2013
Shadow_Strider said:
Wow Asuna's dad must be a major ass! His daughter is deeply in love with the guy that Saved her life and basically everyone trapped in the game his company manufactured yet he's trying to set her up in an arranged marriage... Someone needs to punch this prick in the face.

It's actually mostly Asuna's mum who's against Kirito and arranges the setups.

After the events of ALO, Asuna's dad became greatly disillusioned, resigned from work and became rather withdrawn.
Nov 11, 2014 2:32 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was nice and relaxing.

Kirito and Asuna are able to buy back their old log cabin on floor 22.

Asuna is planning on fighting Zekken on floor 24, so we will see that fight next episode.

Great episode!!!
Nov 11, 2014 2:46 AM

May 2010
"His fast-acting mind is..."

"9up." "The uncola. You like it. It likes you. Nine-up." LMAO

Guess they will change the OP slightly every episode. Or so I feel.

Kirito is so OP that he can win against his opponents without even giving his all.

Very nice new ED, almost as good as the OP. Didn't expect LiSA to sing a slow song <3
Nov 11, 2014 3:08 AM

Aug 2014
^But he lost, though.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by No_Fan_676 »»
Aug 18, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

612 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 12, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

960 by elpasho0 »»
Jul 29, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jul 4, 2014

1114 by Vortixx_ »»
Jul 27, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

356 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.