Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 23, 2018 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
when twitter thought he got hacked because of those tweets

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Oct 23, 2018 7:02 AM

Aug 2012

Ok you know what to do now, Elon Musk.
Oct 23, 2018 7:10 AM

Feb 2015
I wonder if Elon Musk likes Initial D.
Oct 23, 2018 7:50 AM
Oct 23, 2018 8:10 AM
Aug 2016
Sigh, just buy Fortnite and delete it; that's all I'm asking for.
And genetically engineered catgirls.
Oct 23, 2018 8:58 AM

Sep 2017
xShinigami3125 said:
Why do people care so much what a petulant manchild thinks/does ?
I bet 5€ and my waifu that he won't fund shit anyways.
Eanki said:
Is that it? A simple "i <3 anime"?

Wow.

*sarcastic slow clap*

Is he getting that desperate for attention now? What happened to his personality cult?
Elanin said:
And this is how Elon managed to increase his twitter followers
tookawaiii said:
one of his “anime posts” got viral so i bet hes just doing it again for attention/business wise lol
Timz0r said:
Elon Musk also likes Edison over Tesla btw. Elon Musk only wants attention. Nothing more.

WOW, so mean!!

I mean it's typical MAL attitude but still..
He is just sharing what he likes..isn't the internet made for that purpose?

Some people here....

ボールルームダンサー
Oct 23, 2018 9:00 AM

May 2015
Dlwuik said:
What's his waifu though? This is important.
It doesn't matter who the waifu is because it's shit anyway :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2018 9:10 AM

Aug 2018
Ballroomdancer said:
WOW, so mean!!

Some people here....

The internet was actully made for share information between networking computers. Anime is just entertainment.

Some people here...
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 23, 2018 9:15 AM

Sep 2017
Timz0r said:
Ballroomdancer said:
WOW, so mean!!

Some people here....

The internet was actully made for share information between networking computers. Anime is just entertainment.

Some people here...

Let me allow to correct myself..
Isn't twitter made for that purpose?
I mean some people there post there to just say that they took a shit.
So I don't think you all need to be that mean to someone sharing the thing he likes..

ボールルームダンサー
Oct 23, 2018 9:24 AM

Dec 2017
Good for him but why is this in ad again?
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Oct 23, 2018 9:37 AM

Aug 2018
Ballroomdancer said:
Timz0r said:

Some people here...

Let me allow to correct myself..
Isn't twitter made for that purpose?
I mean some people there post there to just say that they took a shit.
So I don't think you all need to be that mean to someone sharing the thing he likes..

That's just basic "social media" attention seeking/behavior. I don't own social media accounts, because social media is basicly one huge ego echo chamber. I'm sorry to tell you the truth, but Elon really should know better to seek validation from others that he likes Chinese cartoons after all the negatieve news items (hurray for journalism) he had to endure. He's a scientist afterall. Or claims to be. Whatever rocks your boat.

I'm also totally not 'mean'. I'm just thinking rationally unless you get driven by your emotionals I see. I'm also a scientist afterall that likes "them Chinese cartoons" for entertainment and escapism, but I don't need social media to seek validation from others.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 23, 2018 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
Does he prefer Rei or Asuka? (è_è)
Oct 23, 2018 10:06 AM

Feb 2018
Ballroomdancer said:
xShinigami3125 said:
Why do people care so much what a petulant manchild thinks/does ?
I bet 5€ and my waifu that he won't fund shit anyways.
Eanki said:
Is that it? A simple "i <3 anime"?

Wow.

*sarcastic slow clap*

Is he getting that desperate for attention now? What happened to his personality cult?
Elanin said:
And this is how Elon managed to increase his twitter followers
tookawaiii said:
one of his “anime posts” got viral so i bet hes just doing it again for attention/business wise lol
Timz0r said:
Elon Musk also likes Edison over Tesla btw. Elon Musk only wants attention. Nothing more.

WOW, so mean!!

Some people here....

I just can't stand that dude xd......
Oct 23, 2018 10:17 AM

Aug 2016
Timz0r said:

That's just basic "social media" attention seeking/behavior. I don't own social media accounts, because social media is basicly one huge ego echo chamber.

I don't wanna be that guy but...

so·cial me·di·a
noun
websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.

MyAnimeList
An internet site with a now defunct mobile application that allows users to create and share content or to participate in social networking...

This website also allows users to create profiles and showcase their interest in "Chinese cartoons" with an added "friend" fuction that serves to foster connections based on mutual interests...(*cough* AKA seek validation in liking certain stuff *cough*)

Bragging about not having a social media account because they're echo chambers from the depths of a social media account that garners an even louder echo chamber due to a niche shared interest is the best way to define what a hypocrite is to someone without using the word hypocrite.

Also I'm pretty sure the internet was originally created to share USEFUL information between people. Like research and shit. So unless you're solely using the internet to share research amongst colleagues, lecturing others on the actual origin of the internet seems, again, kinda hypocritical.

Because unless you also criticize people for using microwave technology for non military purposes or some other inventions who's purposes have evolved over time while you decide to limit yourself to the technology that you invent for the singular purposes in which they were designed for, you seriously got no room to talk.

But even if you did do that, that'd just be obnoxious as hell hahahaha

I'm pretty sure you're baiting but its cool since I'm on my lunch break lol.
Oct 23, 2018 10:25 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty sure anime became mainstream a while ago.
Oct 23, 2018 10:40 AM

Aug 2018
Somali_Strawhat said:
I don't wanna be that guy but...

so·cial me·di·a
noun
websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.

MyAnimeList
An internet site with a now defunct mobile application that allows users to create and share content or to participate in social networking...

This website also allows users to create profiles and showcase their interest in "Chinese cartoons" with an added "friend" fuction that serves to foster connections based on mutual interests...(*cough* AKA seek validation in liking certain stuff *cough*)

Bragging about not having a social media account because they're echo chambers from the depths of a social media account that garners an even louder echo chamber due to a niche shared interest is the best way to define what a hypocrite is to someone without using the word hypocrite.

Also I'm pretty sure the internet was originally created to share USEFUL information between people. Like research and shit. So unless you're solely using the internet to share research amongst colleagues, lecturing others on the actual origin of the internet seems, again, kinda hypocritical.

Because unless you also criticize people for using microwave technology for non military purposes or some other inventions who's purposes have evolved over time while you decide to limit yourself to the technology that you invent for the singular purposes in which they were designed for, you seriously got no room to talk.

But even if you did do that, that'd just be obnoxious as hell hahahaha

I'm pretty sure you're baiting but its cool since I'm on my lunch break lol.

You're allowed to be THAT guy in my opinion. I can give you in some degree right, but ever since social media became a thing the actual interaction between humans decreased while anxiety and depression increased. Society (plus the entire ecosystem) is crumbling in the front of our screen/systems of choice, but people care more nowadays about likes, upvotes and retweets then the fact we're in a self-indused mass extinction. Sure, I use the internet mostly of the time for research purposes myself, but I safely admit I also use it for entertainment purposes.

I'm honesty surprised people get upset or suprised I refuse to participate in social media bullshit any longer. It's really pointless, really. I really feel much better mentally without social media then in the days when I used FaceBook etc. But no, I'm not really "baiting". Been there, done that. It's way to easy to get people on thier horses. Just tell the truth and people get butthurt.
Oct 23, 2018 11:05 AM
Jul 2015
The truth is that it is a very important issue, right now I will let all my acquaintances know that this man loves anime.
Oct 23, 2018 11:14 AM
Aug 2016
This is what "20 Million Dollars in debt" peak performance looks like
Oct 23, 2018 12:10 PM

Aug 2016
@Timz0r

I'm not saying I didn't want to be that guy because I wasn't allowed to. 1st Ammendment rights pretty much guarantee that for me without me pointing it out. It's just tedious, and I meant I don't want to be tedious or a debbie downer.

And in regards to social media being a contributer to the downfall of our species, I'm pretty sure that's stretch as generational cohort theory's impact on social media addiction is correlative by design and was never intended to predict the possible cause of our demise.

Yes, studies has shown most recently that there is a trend (not a cause) indicating that while short term internet usage might help cope with pre existing mental issues by finding a pressure free platform for communication, long term usage stemming from internet addiciton exaceberates pre existing mental issues and doesn't actually create them.

But like dude, all that means is a lil internet socializing won't harm nobody. So preaching about how this new generation is doomed because of internet consumption is a failed argument as you are just rationalizing off of the basis of a huge assumption directed at a huge diverse demographic.

Just looking at this rant reminds me why I didn't want to be that guy since its a lose lose.

Either you realize that this was a thread to causally discuss some rich dude's interest in something most people here also like and not to debate his politics or business practices, and understand this is the weirdest place to preach how shitty younger people are for having a Facebook. The result being I don't get anything out of it besides the time wasted typing all this out and looking like a complete douche.

Or you don't get it, and continue as you were, and I still get nothing out of it while looking like a complete douche still for ranting.

Elon Musk says he likes anime. Some people believe that to be a clever marketing strategy to rebound against his massive debt or to satisfy his inner attention whore.

I'm more interested in whether the man has seen Evangelion and is a Misato fan like a true patrician instead arguing over middle schoolers. To each his own I guess...
Oct 23, 2018 1:57 PM

Feb 2016
Elon Musk will make anime great again...again
Oct 23, 2018 2:09 PM

Aug 2018
@Somali_Strawhat

I totally get it. Don't worry about it. But you also should reconsider it was a bit unnecessary on your part to throw names at me without even knowing me personally. It's treu a bit of fun every now and then can do no harm. It's just that I don't get people get so sensitive when I'm not joining the bandwagon for praising some guy that has a massive debt, doesn't understand woman iether because he remarried the same woman one time and prefering some guy that actully was very corrupt and money hungry and a rival of the idealistic person that carries his own company's name is not by my books. Oh well.

LUL. Honesty I still have to delve into the Evangelion franchise myself. But I already have heard the quite catchy opening song and I think from myself I would be an Asuka type of guy juding by her cute appearance and the fact I've seen a .gif from her kicking some guy naked.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 23, 2018 2:20 PM

Oct 2014
I respect Elon for his innovation in science and technology but it's pretty obvious he's going on quite a rampant series of "hey guys I'm cool" moments recently. Mostly to remove all of the bad PR he caused himself over the incident in Thailand.
Oct 23, 2018 2:25 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Looks like it could be a midlife crisis.
Poor lad...
I hope his love for the medium is genuine, though.
Oct 23, 2018 2:39 PM

Aug 2016
@Timz0r

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I was calling myself a douche not you man. It was worded weird so I get that. Meant it as a form of self deprecation. My b
Oct 23, 2018 2:42 PM

Jul 2017
so many people saying he's an attention whore because he's declaring he loves something... this is stupid.
though I agree this post has nothing to do in here and it won't change shit since he will probably not fund anything.(probably)
Oct 23, 2018 3:00 PM

Oct 2013
Oh, I never thought, a guy like Elon Musk, appreciates anime. I hope he'll try to explore the medium.
Oct 23, 2018 7:26 PM

Aug 2017
Great for him. I love anime too.....
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 23, 2018 9:13 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Who cares?
Liking anime is not special, a lot of people like anime as well.
That guy must be seeking for attention...
Oct 23, 2018 9:38 PM

Mar 2017
Somali_Strawhat said:
Lmao yo this thread is filled with cynics for real. An average joe says he likes anime and nobody will question him. A CEO does it and people just assumes he's an attention whore hahahaha

Also, its twitter, did people expect him to release a manifesto detailing his appreciation of all things anime?

Its not groundbreaking news, but its still a cool "huh, didn't know that" moment to me.

He's doing it for business, lmao. Tesla's marketing strategy is so top tier

Not really. If Bill Gates does this, I'd go "Huh, neat" and be on my business. The situation surrounding Musk, what with being in hot waters and all, on top of a considerably growing pushback against his personality cult, is what prompted a lot of these responses, or at least mine.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Oct 24, 2018 2:44 AM

Nov 2011
It's better than him saying he hates anime because then there will be more salt in this thread.

Oct 25, 2018 11:54 AM

May 2017
*ehem*

Elon-kun
Elon-san
Elon-chan
EloNiichan

Oct 25, 2018 3:35 PM
Mar 2018
Telsa is the studio we deserve, but not the one we need right about now
Oct 25, 2018 4:08 PM
Jun 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
It's better than him saying he hates anime because then there will be more salt in this thread.
He is in debt because he bought all the life sized models of megumi. Many employees also have quit from the frustration of Mr. Musk yelling Tanoshii and Sugoi while he checks on the engineers.
Oct 25, 2018 4:14 PM

Aug 2016
Alright but where's his MAL account?
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 25, 2018 4:37 PM

Apr 2018
Happy for the dude but I don't give a shit

(unless if he starts genetically engineering catgirls)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Summer 2024 Season

OldLoser - 47 minutes ago

8 by WatchTillTandava »»
4 minutes ago

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - Jun 14

48 by TheBlockernator »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 )

melodyily - Jun 15

85 by DesuMaiden »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you got a favorite combination of eyes & hair colors?

Zowabo - 8 hours ago

17 by DesuMaiden »»
16 minutes ago

» Could you survive in the world of your favorite anime?

Spunkert - Jun 15

32 by DesuMaiden »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.