Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 17, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2010
Great episode! I kinda hated Satsuki for most of the show, but I liked her in this one. Overall she's still a horrible mother though haha.
Jul 27, 2014 11:18 PM

Sep 2013
A really good episode; I'm glad everything worked out in the end.
"You and your third dimension"
Sep 11, 2014 7:16 PM

Jul 2014
Omg, it was so heartwarming to see them all get along. Honestly, i want to learn more about the grandmothers past, as well as the inn's
Jul 20, 2015 9:36 PM

Jul 2012
Ohana's mom wasn't too bad this episode. I still think she's a terrible mom though 😪

I love it when anime characters get drunk, and drunk Ohana was great :D We even find out that she hasn't answered Ko because of the distance.

The first half has been great. I'm loving this show. I'm really looking forward to the new OP and ED next episode :) I also want to see more of Yuina! She's listed as a main character, but has barely gotten any screen time. I'm looking for that to change in this next half.

I'll leave everyone with this gif 😁
Aug 5, 2015 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
such a heartwarming episode. Nothing like the the bond of a family :)
It was really nice seeing the grandmother letting loose and showing her care for her daughter. Despite how strict and stern she is, she's still a mother. Beautiful!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2015 3:00 AM
Sep 2014
I don't get, i mean Ohana says that she got rejected, but it was never like that. but actually it was she who didn't reciprocate to Ko's confession. Also, it was she who asked him to not to come to her inn, Ko just agreed to it. So why is she saying that she got rejected. And whats the point in screaming at the end if you are still not facing him. Either reject Ko and leave at the inn or at least tell him that you like him.

i think at the end of the season story will end like this:
Ohana rejects Ko, Tooru confesses to Ohana.

Also the series is so much focused on the work(ethics); can't they show a little more family drama. i mean in each drama at workplace everybody considers others as family but here its all focused on work, even though Ohana & manager are related. When Ohana says those things to her mother doesn't Satsuki realise that she's doing the same things to Ohana as the manager did to her, Or is it that Shijima women take pride in treating their child badly.
vishalingle92Sep 16, 2015 3:35 AM
Jul 6, 2016 2:21 PM
Jan 2012
Liked ohana talks with grandmotehr about your mother preferences.
good flashbacks for childhood satsuki and your brother.
Good ohana she returned to be yourself.
Liked much the letter/review final of the episode.
I also love people of Kissuisou.
Aug 26, 2016 9:28 AM

Aug 2015
Woah can't believe that I'm saying this but as episodes go by, I'm starting to like the whole Shijima clan now and this episode is just the icing on the cake. Love that Grandma who slap the shit out of Enishi for calling Takako like we don't need that shit to add fuel to the fire. That family bonding was just sweet to watch and I really love how they highlight some of their traditions like seriously Ohana your clan doesn't fcking give up on a rejection of love. As for Ohana, good for her , now she feels sorry for all the shit she gave to him after all the good deeds he has done for her and all the shit he had done all for the sake of his genuine feeling for her, and for her to have the balls to say that she got rejected while in fact she's the one who blatantly leave him hanging is just lul.
MizunashiAug 26, 2016 10:21 PM
May 17, 2017 6:07 AM

Jun 2013
7godeohs said:
even if YOU think it's over, have the common courtesy to tell the other person. Ko still put the confession out there and there should be some sort of definitive answer either way (and no, yelling it to the sky doesn't count)..

I wouldn't be able to take the Kou-chan nonsense seriously anyways, but the fact that it keeps being padded out like this makes it so much worse.

Thalandor46 said:
One minor thing that bugs me about this show (probably the only thing actually), people are really quick to forgive. Ohana didn't exactly come to the inn with open arms, but within a few episodes she was everyone's favorite. Now Satsuki comes along, the daughter who was disowned by her mother, and in a matter of hours, everything is fine and dandy as if that was never the case. It's not gonna make or break anything for the series, just seems kind of silly.

Yeah...Where is the progression, how did things go from point A to point B? The interactions between the manager, Satsuki and Ohana were few and far between, and even when they were sharing a scene, they either talked about how they should cater to Satsuki's tastes, or Kou-chan. There was very little meaningful exchange as I see it (the point moment where Ohana tells Satsuki to stop acting like a mother suddenly and the manager's dream were like the only interesting things, and even these were just thrown out there, with no substantial response).

I felt absolutely nothing for this episode. To me, it was all just either people yelling at each other and random fluff. Oh, and Ohana yelling at the sky. And then Ohana is all "I love everyone. My mom, the manager etc." Completely unsatisfying.

That said, there were some funnier moments (Honda Takako must have had a lot of fun with this role; it was infectious in this episode), so at least it worked as a gag comedy sometimes. However, as drama (or as something that was supposed to be heartwarming), it was as inert as a balloon of helium.

vishalingle92 said:
Or is it that Shijima women take pride in treating their child badly.

Apparently, haha.

Pfhor said:
I really didn't like this episode, I thought Ohana was ok in the beginning of the series but more and more she's just doing shit that doesn't make any sense. I don't understand her coming to the conclusion that he dumped her just from him saying "ja ne", I don't like how suddenly grandma and the mom start bonding out of nowhere despite hating each other forever, and I thought it was particularly stupid how Ohana got drunk off of soda just so she could have a frank talk. That's just ass storytelling.

Also was this episode supposed to convince me that her mom is a good person despite her faults, or that work is the fucking most important thing in the world? If it was it failed horribly.

Agreed. This episode left me with the exact same impression of Satsuki that I had before the episode. I really liked Ohana initially, but I also believe that it's become much harder to take her seriously. And as a coming of age story, this whole show is extremely unsatisfying so far.

LeeTailorMay 17, 2017 6:45 AM
Jul 4, 2017 11:15 AM

Sep 2015
Alright so this episode was at least in theory, what I wanted it to be. An attempt to bring Ohana's Mom from one dimensional obstacle for Ohana. To a fully fleshed out sympathetic character. Her criticisms of the inn were interesting. It was one of many times we've seen how the writers did a little research and are interested in Inns. I liked the interactions between the three generations of women. The drinking scene was really pleasant and I think illuminated how Satsuki and her mother have felt about each other. Both presently and in the past.

I liked the brother being jealous too. You can see he's hung up on how his mother seems to favor his prodigal sister. His comment of always being left out was one that stuck out to me. I had a friend who was raised by a single mother and an older sister and he's made almost that exact comment before.

A lot of Ohana this episode was just her getting over Kou. Which was kind of annoying, but maybe this is the end of it. And her getting drunk (on coke?) was pretty moe and adorable. If nothing else I liked her mom and grandmothers different advice. The mother opting for the plenty of fish consolation. And the grandmother chastising her for giving up. Both felt very in character.

It was kind of sad when the Mom left at the end. I don't know if Ohana's forgiven her that much. But I definitely have a new appreciation for Satsuki as a character. I know Nako did too that was so cute. This felt like a significant episode to end the mid season on. Hope they can improve in the second half. Or if not keep the same level of pretty good.
Aug 29, 2017 4:32 AM

Dec 2010
Another good episode, it served so well as the line between the two halves of the story.

Now that we're at the doorstep of the new part, gotta love the mandatory beach episode.
Sep 19, 2017 3:34 PM
May 2012
Orulyon said:
wait...isnt something wrong here? it was her who dumped Ko, not Ko who dumped her! grrr, im really starting to dislike Ohana, i hope she can mature a bit more in latter eps. and getting drunk with soda, man, is she is a 5 year old kid?.

I feel like it was a goodbye for Ko. but still i hope to see him more, the guy is adorable*.*

the best of the ep was Okaami-san slaps. those slaps were so epic, i wish i could make a animated gif of them XD

and Tohru was ♥ as always~

exactly. when the hell did he reject her? that "see ya"? it wasn't even dramatic in the first place.
Nov 18, 2017 11:48 AM

Aug 2015
Ohana expressing her feelings and coming to the realisation that she loves Kou was satisfying but it was handled ridiculously - drunk off soda, seriously? The dynamic between the three Shijima's felt kind of heartwarming, though that's probably not the right way to describe it. Even after all that has happened in their strained relationships they feel comfortable talking to each other with no animosity between them. The mother and grandmother both had different ideas about how Ohana could deal with her situation and that tied in smoothly to talking about their pasts.
Dec 5, 2017 10:18 AM
Jun 2014
Man, i like Onoha in general, but she's honestly the absolute worst trash girl when it comes to relationship. Holy fuck, Ko has waited like 6 months for his answer, even rejected another girl because he's still waiting for it, and this girl is just messing around giving absolute no fucks about Ko, unless something happens. Ko should absolutely dump her, it's the correct decision.

Let Onoha have bondage fun times or chinese dresses with bigger slits by herself.

Sounded like i hated her now, but i just don't think she's relationship material atm, and ko deserves better after all of this.
Feb 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Jul 2015
Ohana's mother arrived to the inn, the reactions of the staff were entertaining, and they actually got quite some advices from her part.

I loved the talk between Ohana, her mother and her grandma, even if there is a clash in their personalities, in the end they get along well and it made me wish that they were closer, I guess that this is really the affection of the family.

Ohana made up her feelings and understood how much she values her life in the inn, she also seemed to get over her feelings towards Kouichi, I'm really curious to see how their situation will go from now on.

The first half of the series is now over and I'm enjoying it a lot, really excited for what is left!
Dec 10, 2018 9:05 PM
Mar 2017
Man bean is the waifu of the series
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 22, 2018 5:41 PM

Nov 2016
What an episode. The slap scene was great and I loved the scene when 3 generations were sitting at the same table with some drinks, that was gold.

I'm also so glad that Satsuki indeed wrote another review with her newly gained impressions of the inn.

And I almost teared up at the last scene, damn. I wonder if that's really it between Ohana and Ko.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 28, 2019 9:16 PM

Jul 2016
Satsuki and Ohana saying the latter was dumped by Kou when I think it was Ohana who dumped herself...

Anyways, this was actually a nice episode. Satsuki sure in an interesting character. I still don't completely like her but I admit she had some nice moments.
Honestly, I was expecting some heavy drama regarding her and her relationship with Okami but it ended up having a pretty different direction, which I appreciate. The scene with the three of them reunited was somehow heartwarming to see. Not to mention that seeing Okami acting like a proper grandmother was pleasant to see as well.

I'm also glad that Ohana could finally put her feelings in check... now she just needs to have a proper talk with Kou to keep things clear between them I mean, the guy deserves at least a proper response after waiting for more than 6 months for her.

P.S.: I almost feel bad for Mameji during the flashbacks... man, what an awkward situation to be in the middle of a discussion between your boss and her naked underage daughter xD
Nov 23, 2019 8:37 AM

Feb 2012
YOU DUMPED HIM GRRRRRR

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 11, 2021 11:00 PM

May 2016
That was really wholesome
Jan 31, 2021 4:48 AM

Feb 2012
I see quite a few people are disappointed with the romantic progress or Ohana's handling of the situation with Ko. Personally I've been happy with the series because I don't have expectations of romance. Having seen some Mari Okada's work, there often is a romantic element but it usually isn't the main thing. So I'm watching this more for the character interactions, and the drama is there as a catalyst for character growth, not necessarily for there to be a particular outcome, a certain pairing for example. It can be an interesting way of writing, but if one goes in expecting romance, it may be a bit underwhelming.

Getting drunk on soda was played for comedy, but I think it also might have been a way to circumvent age ratings. I've seen it a few times in cartoons and even some old Disney comics, children seeing that someone acts funny after drinking soda or eating "peppermint", but adults realize that it's a placeholder for something else. This series is PG-13, so they don't want to show underage drinking, but considering the situation it's easy to imagine the soda being a small amount of beer, for example. Such things do happen, with or without adult supervision, and it's up to the viewer to decide whether they take literally the soda part.
May 25, 2021 8:59 AM
Oct 2016
Probably my favorite episode so far and a pretty good one. It is getting consistently mature within each episode and confidently offers a extremely heartwarming and credible family dynamic.
The humorous tone was way more focused and balanced this time around, but not impeccable.
This dynamic and sweet familiarity helped Ohana open herself which actually helps you understand yourself better, and she finally got a genuine conclusion from the whole Kouichi situation and, by consequence, her mother situation also.
Jun 20, 2021 9:13 AM

Mar 2019
I just can't stop liking Satsuki. Her character is so amazing. This last episode of the first cour was great, really loved it. So in the end, did Ohana let Kou go away? Or what, I'm confused.

Now please, DO NOT make the second cour about a dumb love triangle. I don't want to watch 11 episodes of suffering just to be depressed when it ends and everything has been solved like with every love triangle.
Alex_TheForestJun 20, 2021 9:24 AM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 27, 2021 2:23 AM

Jun 2020
And it seems an anticipated customer who seems like trouble to be expected to be frank Satsuki is staying for the night in Kissui Inn

Her judgment in this place seems to be fitting yet a doubtful one but we can't say for sure but she knows this place so she knows what she's doing right

And she invited Ohana and Okami for a drink lol I just love Ohana's drunk face still cute even talking about her experience and problems with Kou, And happily, they got praised by herself for their hard work and the drive to change things a bit to the Inn.
Sep 5, 2021 5:35 PM

Mar 2021
where does the rejected idea come from?? in fact if anyone was rejected it was ko, she walked away from him. Also this crying back and forth can piss off, if you had just said yes or no within a week this show could have been 12 episodes so I would have finished it by now already :)
Jan 8, 5:47 PM
May 2020
this ep was great, it was funny to see ohana's mom come back and intrude on everyone
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

328 by Jax »»
May 5, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.