Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 10, 2010 8:49 AM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Gangler said:
http://www.zomganime.com/anime/t/to-aru-majutsu-no-index/9/22106
he spends the first nine minutes of the episode reasoning with Aureolis. at nine minutes and nine seconds Izzard kills Himegami, which kamijo is able to undo with his imagine breaker.

OMG it's been ages but that is so true! He does kill her. I did not think you were talking about Himegami, I was thinking more along the lines of the girl who was self-mutilating herself.
Truth be told I thought so too until I remembered the actual main fight, which was pretty awesome.
Indeed so Himegami owes her life to Touma and as such Agnese might also change due to all this but that's only if Touma saves her during a fight she is part of but a enemy or bad guy of it. It remains to be seen. I would prefer if Agnese saves Touma somehow.

It does seem to be a trend that the people touma rescues become either friends or allies. I imagine if he were to rescue her there would be similar results. With that flashback they do seem to have set her up for a reappearance, and she doesn't really seem to have the proper build for a recurring villain so I've got my hopes up.

Same here about Agnese. Her voice and manners are quite in par with what I liked about her voice actresses Rie in her other roles of girls such as Louise and Aisaka Taiga.
Gangler said:

Agree with that.
Gangler said:
On another note entirely, can I ask who the self mutilating girl we keep talking about is? I'm not sure I remember someone like that. Was it one of the espers izzard was forcing to use magic?
Yes it was one the espers that Izzard was forcing to use magic.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 10, 2010 10:26 AM

Sep 2009
Do I need to watch railgun before the next episode airs??
Nov 10, 2010 11:54 AM

Apr 2010
My verdict?

Laura is a bitch.
Agnesse (I think that's how it's spelt) got what she deserved, a punch to the face.
Stiyl is still awesome.
We need Accelerator ASAP!
The episode was great! xD

P.S. Can't wait for the next episode! BiriBiri and Kuroko madness! xD
Nov 10, 2010 1:04 PM

Sep 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:
Not at all. If you're looking to get to know a couple of the characters a bit better then go ahead, but not at all necessary to understand the plot.

Yumekichi11 said:

Gangler said:
On another note entirely, can I ask who the self mutilating girl we keep talking about is? I'm not sure I remember someone like that. Was it one of the espers izzard was forcing to use magic?
Yes it was one the espers that Izzard was forcing to use magic.
Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.
Nov 10, 2010 1:39 PM

Sep 2009
Gangler said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Not at all. If you're looking to get to know a couple of the characters a bit better then go ahead, but not at all necessary to understand the plot.
Guess going to watch it to prevent feeling all left out X)
Nov 10, 2010 11:19 PM

Jun 2008
greenmush said:

Kanzaki didnt appear for long sadly

This. I was hopping to see her kicking some ass, not just appearing in the ending like that.

I also don't like her being another shy girl around Touma. It just doesn't fit with her style very much.

Next episode, less Index more Biribiri and Kuroko. That's a good thing. Basically i want a story where Everyone is fighting as long as Index isn't there. I want to see more from Kanazaki, Biribiri and others, anyone but Index, shes the most stupid character in that universe.

Touma punching that loli nun didn't sit very well with me even if she was evil. I don't know maybe is because i don't like seeing pretty young faces getting smashed. Hitting girls isn't something i approve easily. Couldn't he just take her weapon or something?

Well now the crazy nuns story is over so lets see what follows. Let's hope for less Index. Yeah i don't give a shit if her name is on the title.
Nov 11, 2010 1:31 PM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
Let's hope for less Index. Yeah i don't give a shit if her name is on the title.

THIS. Heh, stupid supporting characters that think they are part of the main characters.

MorningGlory said:
Now I download a proper ep with sub.The end of the Op song the word they translated is "no buts" (゚д゚)!! ....at least its more better than " no pants"

But those misheard lyrics are the best ( ´_ゝ`)
Also, the OP needs more MAYORAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!
chalcoNov 11, 2010 1:41 PM

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Nov 11, 2010 5:25 PM
Dec 2007
fanoultimatev2 said:
Monad said:
Let's hope for less Index. Yeah i don't give a shit if her name is on the title.

THIS. Heh, stupid supporting characters that think they are part of the main characters.
I don't whether to laugh or cry at the stupidity, especially if you think Index is any less relevant to the overall plot of the series. You will see later on that the overall universe of Index is quite magic-heavy. Even the science side is just a huge playground for a magician.

Nov 11, 2010 5:49 PM

Jun 2009
Kanzaki was flawless. And hell yeah, Msusujime next episode. :D
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 12, 2010 9:23 AM

Oct 2009
Leon-Gun said:
I don't whether to laugh or cry at the stupidity, especially if you think Index is any less relevant to the overall plot of the series. You will see later on that the overall universe of Index is quite magic-heavy. Even the science side is just a huge playground for a magician.

Did you actually take my comment seriously? haha oh wow

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Nov 13, 2010 6:24 AM

Sep 2009
Hm? Why complain about Touma hitting a girl? If a girl tried to kill me and my comrades, I'd deliver a heavy punch take her down right away.

Overall good ep. Best fight scene of Season II so far.

Back to Science Side next arc. Damn, I can't wait for Awaki vs Kuroko!

Oh, and would anyone enlighten me? How would we classify Hyouka and that golem lady's arc last season? Science or Magic?

Nov 13, 2010 9:54 AM
Dec 2007
Musushi-Tamago said:
Hm? Why complain about Touma hitting a girl? If a girl tried to kill me and my comrades, I'd deliver a heavy punch take her down right away.

Overall good ep. Best fight scene of Season II so far.

Back to Science Side next arc. Damn, I can't wait for Awaki vs Kuroko!

Oh, and would anyone enlighten me? How would we classify Hyouka and that golem lady's arc last season? Science or Magic?
It's magic done by science. Technically Hyouka is an artificially created angel, similar to the archangel from the Angel Fall arc except, you know, fake. When Aleister Crowley is confronted by Tsuchimikado at the end of the first season it is suggested that part of the reason the Esper System was created was, as a matter of fact, to create an environment that would gather lots and lots of power. In other words, he suggested Aleister wanted to join the ranks of heaven using the power of AIM effect (which is also why stronger espers are required). So, it's science used for a magical purpose, I guess.
Leon-GunNov 13, 2010 10:48 AM

Nov 14, 2010 10:31 PM

Sep 2008
I haven't tried to do anything but discuss a series I enjoy, though evidently I made a certain impression on you. Would you care to elaborate on what in particular in my statements has lacked humility and how I could better go about appearing humble. I am genuinely oblivious to where I may have erred, as I have merely stuck to discussing the characters and events of the series, and certainly never engaged in anything that might put me above my fellow posters like personal attacks...
Nov 26, 2010 4:13 PM

Jun 2009
BITCH GOT OWNED. Touma's Falcon punch FTW

Before she was all even and stuff I really liked Agnes though D:
Nov 29, 2010 2:49 PM

Mar 2008
reading some of the posts in this discussion I can sympathise with the people who felt a little unerved at depictions of young girls being hit in the face, but seriously the rationalising as to way you wouldn't punch her in the face is a little much.
When your fighting a magicaion tht can cut you up from across the room and all you have is punchs then darn right you should probably punch her and think up all the better ways you could of handled it later. Any taboo on hitting children goes out the window when they are being psyco sadists trying to kill you anyway :P
Nov 30, 2010 1:24 PM

Mar 2010
Liber AL vel Legis...I finally understand what it is. This is known as The Book of the Law by Aleister Crowly. I kinda feel dumb because I was just reading about stuff on Crowly a couple months before I started watching this show, and now I just get the reference.
"It's super milk time!"-Oga Tatsumi

Jan 4, 2011 3:20 PM

Feb 2010
Hey, Touma's really having a Harem there.
Mar 8, 2011 12:46 PM

Jul 2010
Touma has once again ended up in hospital. Well, it was a pretty good fight, be it a little short. Touma doesn't hesitate to hit girls either huh? =P

That Archbishop really is a sly fox for doing that to Kanzaki. Speaking of Kanzaki. She was really cute there when apologizing to Touma. =)

Next up Kuroko! >w<

Apr 4, 2011 5:01 PM

Mar 2011
Wow, Susan (is it Susan, the archbishop? - i cant remember and I only just watched the damn episode!) is one manipulative bitch! Well, I dont mind as she is a hell of a lot cuter than Dr. Rowan Williams (actual Archbishop of CoE)!

And as for the posts about hitting shouta-nuns...well, they're combatants. In a battle, it doesnt matter who or what they are, you fight! It's like guard soldiers in todays world, if a child is running towards the base with a bomb strapped to him, they have to shoot that child. It'll play havoc with their psyche, but not as much as the bomb would play havoc with their intestines!

Bring on the next episode!
Apr 13, 2011 10:32 PM

Feb 2011
HNNNNNNNNNGH KANZAAKIII~

so much love

Apr 18, 2011 6:09 AM

Feb 2011
as much as i hate seeing a girl being punched by a boy but well Agnese pretty much deserves it =/
Apr 21, 2011 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
KANZAKIS HOT
Sep 6, 2011 2:32 AM

Mar 2009
Touma threw a few good punches.
Jan 2, 2012 5:20 AM

May 2011
Kanzaki FTW!
Feb 11, 2012 10:27 PM

Jul 2010
the 2 punches were INTENSE!! now if only he would do that to shana and louise.
DuroDeMatar said:

Apr 8, 2012 3:31 PM

Sep 2011
yay Touma! for punching all of the females \o/

Apr 24, 2012 11:59 AM

Mar 2012
Am I wrong to laugh at Touma rocking the shit out of Agnese? Because I thought that was funny as hell.
May 5, 2012 1:27 AM

Jul 2011
I'm sorry, but Touma punching a little girl nun is just too ridiculous for me not to laugh.

Anyway not a bad arc to start off the new season, but I'm pretty pumped to see the next arc feature biribiri.
Jun 21, 2012 6:49 AM

Sep 2011
No Misaka On This Episode? Kanzaki Will Do~. ;D

Also, I Always LOL'ed When Touma Ended Up In The Hospital. As Always.

Jul 6, 2012 8:12 PM

Jun 2012
How come Tōma, Index, Stiyl, Saiji and Orsola barricade themselves from the battle nuns? I could understand why Toma and Index and the others would barricade themselves, seeing as how they don’t have any great abilities, but how come Stiyl also hid with them? All the nuns have is basic weapons, he can control fire. He could kill them all by himself. Why is he acting so helpless?

How come those weird nuns were suddenly attacking and breaking down the door that Toma and the rest barricaded themselves behind, then all of a sudden they just stopped? Then Toma and his group just stood there and kept talking for like 2-3 minutes. Anyone else find that stupid or is it just me?

Also was there really even any need for Kanzaki to come thank Toma? It seems like there was no point since he didn’t do it for her, plus it wasn’t just him that did it. This anime just did it so Toma could get closer to Kanzaki, which I don’t mind, just seems a little cheesy that Toma always gets girls for no reason.
Never go full retard
Aug 24, 2012 11:15 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
greenmush said:
That B1tch.... LOL Stiyl ftw

Kanzaki didnt appear for long sadly
THIS LOL I feel the same way! Stiyl was disgusted!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 24, 2012 11:34 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
@SHADOWFREAK To answer your question, Stiyl is STRONG, yes he has FIRE power, but he is also outnumbered. He like goes inside the church with the others to take refugee temporary and come up with a plan! Do you notice that after Stiyl summons INNO CENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTIUS, (that fire spirit monster) with the Rune Magic, he Kicked all their butts!!!

For your second question, yes it's just you lol you can probably assume already that the nuns are trying to get in, we understand and theres NO NEED to show that. Our attention instead should be diverted to the plan Touma and everyone are trying to come up with, how they gonna get out of this situation. That's WHY they are on screen and not the nuns!

For your third question, Kanzaki is thanking Touma partly as representing the Amakusa to thank Touma for his help and second, to thank him for helping, though its ABSOLUTELY none of his business. It's not Touma's problem here, but Touma happens to get involved all the time haha! In addition, Touma was also the one that voluntarily TRIED TO HELP as he RUSHED to save Orsola, though he coulda gone home and do nothing. Great guy right? XD Lastly, Touma Was Injured for All the trouble, Kanzaki probably feels a little apologetic and also charmed by Touma's heroic actions. You can also assume, she thanked the rest, but just off screen perhaps, but is not emphasized.

*Posted by mistake without finishing, now had to edit T_T
iamKetranLangAug 24, 2012 11:50 PM
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 8, 2012 9:22 AM
Jul 2012
Touma is a fucking gangster, he doesn't care if it's a little girl he knocked her the fuck out
Dec 28, 2012 11:40 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty good arc. Definitely liking this better than the first season so far. Mary Stewart seemed pretty interesting at the end there.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 19, 2013 1:18 AM

Apr 2012
Haha, wow - only in Index would a guy who punches a loli nun in the face be considered the hero.

Anyway, that was a good episode/conclusion to the arc.
Feb 2, 2013 4:01 AM

May 2012
Nice arc ending, not really to much special than other times but still quite nice, I'd wish we've gotten some more backstory on Agnese but well it was a nice arc either way!

Lets see what's next!
Mar 23, 2013 3:18 AM

Sep 2012
Touma punch!
Kanzaki being tsundere XD
Jul 27, 2013 1:37 AM

May 2013
Yeah hahahaha when that guy with the yellow hair enter and said that girl was going to strip
Oct 28, 2013 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The plot continues albeit slightly, the result of all that we have seen, is very addictive. A real fox that woman! Two birds with one stone. Narrative rich in interesting situations, me like it. Very poor design and animations almost on the same level! Some really interesting characters. Arch over, but who knows if we will review some happy faces!
Rated 4/5!
Nov 9, 2013 4:07 AM

Dec 2010
Ugh, that was a really great episode, especially the second half of it. These are the episodes I love the most from TMNI.

I also got reminded once again how much of a trolling anime TMNI is.
Dec 14, 2013 6:47 AM

Nov 2012
hoho really awesome end :3
damn orsola is my new favorite! XD she is really beautiful! XD
Apr 17, 2014 6:26 PM

Jul 2013
That's the Touma i like to see. Hitting b*tches without any discrimination. That punch felt so sweet.

I never read the LN but there was a small foreshadowing that Laura may be an enemy in the nearby future?
Apr 18, 2014 2:37 AM

Aug 2009
ihusmal1234 said:
That's the Touma i like to see. Hitting b*tches without any discrimination. That punch felt so sweet.

I never read the LN but there was a small foreshadowing that Laura may be an enemy in the nearby future?
So far,including the LN, she has a total neutral position.Even what she did to Index(char) seems reasonable.
Jun 25, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
Next episode: Death! Aaaa little Misaka missed you too :D.
Hmm that punch was heavy xD.. nice episode.
Aug 1, 2014 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
I don't like that Laura Stuart. She seem extremely manipulative and clever, always staying behind the scene, watching from far away.

Touma hitting crazy loli nun like a 14 years old bully, FUCK YEAH!! /s
Why didn't he just touched the staff with his hand? Wouldn't it had nullify its power like it did with the Walking Church? Sometime, it look like he really have fun beating little kids...

Anyway, Agnese & co were a bunch of freak. Seriously, those faces she was doing, like when liking her staff... shiver

Next episode, MISAKA COME BACK WOOT WOOT!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 22, 2014 5:25 AM

Dec 2013
Finally Kanzaki appeared ;]
WHAT A FUCKING BORING ARC
arghhhh I'm so mad

I was about to drop it even though I enjoyed s1 a lot. Glad it's over and there's Kuroko in next arc !
3/10 for this arc..
Aug 24, 2014 6:12 PM

Feb 2014
Antagonist/Protagonist All over the place!
Aug 30, 2014 5:54 PM

May 2014
So, the archbishop of the Church of England could have solved this problem earlier, but wanted to tie Kanzaki down by having her "shackled" by Touma and Index. Just like she is shackling Index by using Touma. Wwow, what a SCHEMER.

This spells mystery.
Sep 2, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2014
i swear, touma doesn't have to solve all of his problems by punching his opponent in the face. i mean, that last punch was fucking overkill. It seemed like she was already finished but touma was all like, "NOPE, IMMA GET ONE MORE SWING IN!" anyway, great episode, and kanzaki was so kawaii at the end :P
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.