Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 24, 4:50 PM
Mar 2019
I can't believe Tanjiro did not know Himejima was blind!!
That was a really long walk at the end.
Jun 24, 5:51 PM
Sep 2022
yellowheartren said:
So, the "40 minute" episode's total runtime is 31:55... that can't even be rounded up to 35. And that's with the opening and the ending, a pinch of rehashing, and the secret at the end, so it's not even half an hour. Yeah, I get it, actual TV programming and schedules need to account for commercials and shit, but come on, let's not kid ourselves here.

Furthermore... roughly, maybe, half of it is actually about Himejima; the rest is Zenitsu, Gen'ya, Inosuke, plus Giyuu and the older Shinazugawa, with a whole heap of long-ass panning shots and slowmo techdemo for the "surprise" duo at the end. Basically they could've thrown in any random shenanigans and had a normal length episode this week, and just make the last one an actual 40-45 minute one. Like, substance, I don't even mind, I like "behind the scenes" fillers whether it's for sillies or character/world building - it's whatever. (Although, yeah, get them dressed already, those bodies are waaaaay overdone to be enjoyable.) But what even is the point of dragging the runtime out like this? It's so superficial and makes no sense. A cliffhanger isn't requirement, especially when the season ... pretty much lacked such anyway, and it's not even a real cliffhanger that foreshadows something unexpected, so that reasoning is dubious at best.

How do you complain about a them making a cliffhanger while also complaining that it isn't even a real cliffhanger? I think that just means it wasn't a cliffhanger, lol. They're building hype around the main antagonist achieving his, what, thousand-year goal? He deserves 5 minutes. And on the subject of Gyōmei, I get that you're mad he didn't get more runtime, despite the episode title, but they already stretched out his story as much as they could. It would've been pretty hard to create 15 minutes of anime-original content, just to make the title more justified. It's not that serious, it's an episode title, most people don't even read them! What compelled you to write 2 paragraphs of baseless whining without even a single positive sentence? Try to enjoy this amazing show a bit more, please!
Jun 24, 5:57 PM

Oct 2016
Probably my favorite episode of the season so far. We are getting build up to some sort of Zenitsu mystery, and we got more insight on the Stone Hashira. The Muzan scene at the end was hella hype too! (8/10)
Jun 24, 5:58 PM

Jul 2016
That Muzan slow-mo entrance tho... man, not even Indian soap operas make walking sequences this dramatic.

Also that scumbag kid in Gyoumei's flashback is the one from Zenitsu's past, right?
Jun 24, 7:33 PM

Jun 2015
Not gonna lie, I loved how they extended the ending into the post ending sequence like that. But lenghty episode be lengthy
Jun 24, 8:05 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, it wasn't exclusively an episode about Himejima but they told her past, her thoughts about how kids are so real and I like that she doesn't hold grudges for what happened... in the end they were just kids, you can't ask too much from her.

The kid who sold everyone else to survive I think is the same kid who bothered Zenitsu in the past when he was training with the ex-pillar of lightning or looks pretty similar, I'd have to re-watch those flashbacks of Zenitsu to confirm.

Speaking of this one, it's the first time I've seen Zenitsu so serious and possibly angry, something very important happened and that letter holds the answer.

My theory is that for it to affect him so much, someone had to die and Zenitsu doesn't have many acquaintances as far as I know, so... possibly the ex-pillar of lightning who trained him and was someone who had faith in him (possibly the only one at that time) died.
But the script can pull things out of its ass so we'll see what they tell us/show us.

Interesting that he has that silly side Giyu, I like it.

So you found them already, after watching the episode and clarifying the ideas... why the 4th moon gave herself away like that? if those eyes she uses have a great scope as we saw in a previous episode where they followed Tokito.
What occurs to me is that it was aproposito so that these know but it seems to me a stupid idea at strategic level to betray thus but well it is a possibility and another is that they did it thus so that we know that they already found them but they could do it of more subtle form.... no idea, they will know
An incredible entrance for Muzan, in fact my thought at the time was twofold... what I just said and the other was: they made such a big entrance for him, like he was the best villain ever haha

Another thought from finishing the episode was that it reminded me of Michael Jackson from the Smooth Criminal music video hahaha
PS: What I said before came true, Muzan attacking... I didn't mention something impossible either, it was quite predictable... now the other part I mentioned is missing, the Battle Royal where I'm prepared for any character to die

PS2: I just realized that Tanjiro has had the mark active for quite some time, the training is already paying off

PD3: I wonder if Muzan will kill Ubuyashiki or let him die slowly as it is already happening, I personally would kill Ubuyashiki because I know that the pillars have much appreciation and respect for him so it would be a strong blow to the company

PS4: I'm really looking forward to the next episode, it has a lot of potential and the next season UFFFFFFFFF
Jun 25, 2:58 AM

Mar 2009
I'm so happy they made the episode 5 minutes longer so that they can show Muzan walking for 5 minutes!
Jun 25, 3:00 AM

Feb 2018
Dayum, Michael Jackson is showing up there lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jun 25, 3:12 AM
Jul 2019
Impeccable last scene sSSSHEEESSHS
Jun 25, 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
If Tensura is currently in the meeting season, this one is training season, at least this show's upfront about it. But it's next week and all the action we've seen so far are Hashiras sparring.
Jun 25, 5:33 AM
Nov 2023
It's totally good
Jun 25, 7:47 AM

Jun 2019
I'm wondering why am I getting deja vu feeling from watching Muzan walking at the end. Did something similar happen before?
Jun 25, 9:12 AM
Jan 2021
Gyomei's tragic life event TM was well written yet I wonder how that kid who sold everyone out feels, and wonder if he will be important to the story later on.
Jun 25, 10:19 AM
Apr 2024
Loved the post credits
Jun 25, 12:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
What? The "evil" arrived to the house walking!!!
The last minutes were amazing and full of mystery!!!
kekeke
Jun 25, 1:48 PM
Nov 2021
IzanaSolos said:
This show sure does love it's lengthy episode eh...

Following Genya's advice, Tanjiro attempts Repetitive Action for the first time by recalling the faces of his family. He then heeds Rengoku's words of keeping his heart ablaze, which have always helped him focus. Initially, the boulder remains unmoved, but through persistent effort and tapping into the familiarity of his Mark, Tanjiro gradually shifts it. Witnessing this feat, Zenitsu and Inosuke are amazed. Tanjiro continues concentrating, following Gyomei's advice to engage his legs and hips, pushing onward.

We've seen plenty of backstories in this series, but Gyomei's might be the most intense yet. This guy not only heard the kids he cared for get slaughtered, but he also had to kill a demon with his bare hands and was betrayed by both the boy with the necklace and the surviving girl. It takes real courage to become a Hashira, no doubt about it. Thanks to the lengthy runtime, we once again endure the agony of filler... my god. Though this probably the best use of it yet, with it extending Gyomei's backstory, which was nice. Good job for once ufotable. I also find it funny how legit the entire last five minutes is just Muzan walking... because you need to stretch that runtime out lol.

With that, the Hashira Training Arc is over. Now onto the Infinity Castle and Muzan's here for war.

Though Hinejima thinks that Sayo betrayed him. I don't actually think that. I think that Sayo meant demon by "that person". She has eyes closed and continuously crying. 4 year old wouldn't be able to register everything. It was the police fault. Because demon corpse vanished, they just assumed that she meant hinejima.

This is where Demon Slayer lacks. There's no consistent motion against demon existence. Hinejima told that There were deep stories about demon in his village. I would assume local police would be most probably from same village or atleast heard the stories. So they should have put doubt for demon.
Jun 25, 7:03 PM
Mar 2021
Reply to Nerdason
Another week of training arc

Training hard here to beat up Michael Jackson Muzan Kibutsuji

@Nerdason his eyes look charming not gonna lie
Jun 25, 7:39 PM

Jul 2022
How tragic and unfair Gyoumei's past is; it's no wonder he is the strongest pillar. It seems that Zenitsu will stop being the comic relief and will take things more seriously with the news he received.

I won't deny it, the entrance of Michael Jackson... I mean Muzan, with the ending in the background, was grand. I'm not ready for what's coming.
Jun 25, 11:41 PM
Oct 2019
Of course another tragic backstory, it's Demon Slayer.

Tanjiro sure is annoying af right? Hahaha

Bruhh what in the hell was that last few minutes.
They put all their budget on him walking.
EPIC WWE entrance walk for Muzan Kibutsuji LMAO
davidyodo24Jun 26, 12:56 AM
Jun 26, 1:29 AM

Nov 2009
LOL @ the beginning of episode with Tanjiro's eyes after he pushed that rock. I think the dude's dying there.

And apparently Gyou's tragic past... is someone betraying them and getting everyone but Gyou and a little girl killed.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 26, 8:13 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to TheRealRouges
therealnagora said:
@TheRealRouges Should people watch only what they like?

Unless someone is paying you,yes. Any other answer is literally irrational.

Yep, another person who’s unable to think, let’s go👍
@TheRealRouges Yeah, whatever. Have fun poking yourself in the eye or whatever it is you do when you're not watching stuff you don't like.
Jun 26, 8:45 AM
Apr 2021
Daaang. That Muzan entry was awesome :D
Jun 26, 9:18 AM
Jul 2023
muzan entry was legit!!!
Jun 26, 9:21 AM
Apr 2021
LMAOOOO that Muzan entrance was fucking dramatic I loved every second of it, I’m telling y’all you guys are READY for what’s about to happen during this conversation😭😭

Gyomei backstory is so sad I forgot that it was revealed during this arc but damn is it sad that the girl blamed Gyomei for killing everyone of the other kids she did bro dirty dirty☹️☹️☹️
Jun 26, 6:28 PM
Sep 2022
Omg, Hajime is so big!
Lol, Muzan walks for about 3 minutes.
But this peisode was really increrible.
Jun 26, 10:47 PM
Feb 2015
Michael jackson is coming
Jun 27, 3:09 AM
Nov 2021
It is just an absolute trash this season, specially the muzan entry part, it was more like bollywood content than anime.
Jun 27, 3:37 AM
Apr 2023
the backstory we have all been wating for...a clash of swords from the 2 polar opposite rivals...an epically evil entrance - what's not to love?
Jun 27, 1:53 PM
Apr 2021
muzan has insane aura
Jun 27, 7:23 PM
Jul 2023
Long arse walk, badass but a little too slow and slightly indian drama ish edit in there. I have mixed feelings about this.
Jun 27, 10:15 PM
Jan 2023
Muzan strikes back... ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jun 28, 5:39 AM

Nov 2012
MJ slow walk to cap it off. Bring on the finale!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 28, 6:12 AM
Mar 2019
Even tho I read the manga before I still got very emotional from this episode
Jun 28, 6:25 AM
Mar 2021
The show was a mix of good writing and direction, featuring all the new beginnings of some arc... It also gave the background story of the one major character... Can't wait to for the next episode as it will begin a new arc
Jun 28, 8:09 AM

Dec 2018
Finally some great episode... Stone Hashira past is sad.... Can't believe that girl accusing him killing everyone.... Luckily Demon Slayer boss know he's super strong and save him from death by the law.

Muzan entrance are great... Demon King has finally confront the Demon Slayer boss.

Jun 28, 9:43 AM

Feb 2021
They rlly done put Michael Jackson walking with aura behind him
Jun 28, 11:55 AM

May 2022
idk i liked that ep a lot actually. Good backstory for once, progression for Zenitsu, short but intense fight and a cold ass sequence with muzan which was in no way too long or here to pas the runtime as the ep is already longer than usual. Also, muzan's always got that drip frfr.
Jun 28, 8:44 PM
Jun 2019
love the stome hashira bros awesome, also cool ending of muzan walking all badass like
Jun 28, 10:20 PM

Oct 2013
Himejima Gyoumei's backstory, Giyuu vs. Sanemi duel, Muzan entering Ubuyashiki's mansion... Everything was done perfectly. Another brilliant episode. It's awesome that it was longer than the most of them, without being either the first or the last episode of a season. :D
Jun 29, 4:25 PM
Apr 2018
Perfeito 👏👏👏👏👏👏
Jun 29, 5:58 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to videogameperson
muzan has insane aura
@videogameperson That's true. If Kokushibo (Upper Moon 1) had such overwhelming aura surrounding him, then Muzan just had to have something even more hmm... godlike. Overwhelming beyond regular human being's imagination. I liked how ufotable handled that entrance scene.
Jun 30, 12:32 AM

Jan 2017
Cried in this episode. Didn't expect that sad backstory of the Stone Hashira. Also Tanjiro being acknowledged for his efforts also got me. My guy has been through a hell lot and a Hashira recognition basically meant nothing but it's significant. Is it finally time for Zenitsu to be serious though? Love him anyways whatever path he takes!
Jun 30, 1:40 AM
Jun 2020
the only one that was good, but like goat good. the others were ok
Jun 30, 3:24 AM
May 2024
I find it so funny that nearly every character has the exact same backstory, just with genders and ages swapped. I suppose that's the issue with a world where there's one type of enemy and they all prey on humanity the same way.
Jun 30, 5:00 AM

Jun 2015
I knew the stone hashira was blind the first time I saw him, but then there was the omake from the previous episode that said he cries over everything. That made me think his eyes were drawn weird because he cries often. This episode it's confirmed he's blind, and it even surprised Tanjiro. Well, I guess he's so skilled that people might not notice he is blind right away. But what happened with him in the past was so cruel. I imagine the demon killed the traitor boy first, so there weren't any witnesses other than the confused little girl. I really hoped she wouldn't do this. Like we see this happen many times when a literal monster attacks someone, and that someone turns ungrateful against the one that steps in to defeat the monster, the logic being if you can defeat a monster, it means you're a monster too. Just be grateful and thank whoever saved you!

I think I know now why they made the better song the ending. It blends so epicly with Muzans entrance scene.

EDIT: OK, I went back and saw many comments complaining about how Muzan took so long to walk inside the mansion. NO! That wasn't a lengthy walk. That was the ending song. And YES! It was absolutely necessary. What show were you watching if you think this wasn't necessary?
Niveen_SleemJun 30, 5:10 AM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 30, 5:19 AM

May 2015
The backstory and the end with Muzan were ok, the rest was boring.
Jun 30, 8:41 AM
Aug 2022
Muzan Jackson Hee Hee :)
Jun 30, 10:19 AM

Oct 2017
Tragic and unfortunate backstory for Gyomei but he's a good guy. Wind Hashira and Giyuu stuff was funny. Good luck making friends with him using the ohagi Tomioka.

Wtf was that Muzan walk bruh. They really went overboard with that.
Jun 30, 12:50 PM
Dec 2014
Utterly boring. Why waste so much screen time on the worst arc in the manga.
Jun 30, 7:40 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Reply to SouthRzVa
That Muzan slow-mo entrance tho... man, not even Indian soap operas make walking sequences this dramatic.

Also that scumbag kid in Gyoumei's flashback is the one from Zenitsu's past, right?
@SouthRzVa Yes, it is indeed Kaigaku, the most pathetic character in the manga.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

539 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Feb 20

262 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 26, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 2

182 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 24, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - May 19

155 by Sean_T_kendo »»
Sep 23, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 16

126 by k-angel »»
Sep 19, 12:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.