Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 1:47 AM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode,I can't really comment anything more than this.

Jin-woo vs Igris fight was top tier Animation,sound quality,art and direction was full 10 out of 10.

More insights on the Jeju Island arc,seems like this will lead to something in the future.

Jin-woo now has to survive for an indeterminate amount of time.Let's see how he manages to survive now.Full 5/5 episode.

Mar 24, 1:59 AM
Jan 2022
Man, that fight was absolutely incredible. Easily the best fight of the series so far, and potentially my favorite anime fight that isn't animated by ufotable, in general.
Mar 24, 2:30 AM
Sep 2021
perfect so perfect
Mar 24, 2:37 AM

Mar 2019
That was a great fight. Nice animation, and a great performance by Jin-Woo's VA.

This is such a weird show for me because I strongly value story over animation and action, and this show hasn't really progressed much story wise after he got his new powers. It's been dungeon raiding for like 10 straight episodes other than glacial progress on Jeju island, and yet every week I enjoy this show so much that it always flies by quickly.
Mar 24, 2:58 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to FullyCharged
Why did they cut the part that explains how he parried the sword with his hand, without explanation it makes no sense and looks cheap.
The manhwa literally takes one panel to explain it come on.
How to ruin the peak of the fight...

@FullyCharged we saw a glimpse of the gauntlet stats when he got them, but it only showed the dmg reduction, not the additional effects. I doubt they would've just forgotten about it when it was such an important detail during the fight.

I don't know why they would deliberately get rid of it tho. Maybe it's to make future fights harder for him. The gauntlet was kinda OP.
Mar 24, 3:00 AM

Feb 2016
the show is becoming quite boring. the first 2 episodes were great but then it just started falling down.
Mar 24, 3:01 AM

Mar 2024
And another dissapoiting episode, why bring JEJU island spoiler here, why put Hunter's guild as lead to this raid? Like WTF, I knew they will ruin our mastepiece SL... Also the quantity of useless NPC dialogues not relevant to story.
Mar 24, 3:03 AM
Apr 2012
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
MC: We are equals in tems of speed. But he's much more powerful.
So what's the plan? I guess, I'll just stop his sword with my bare hand (even though he's much more powerful (which is ofc is not a problem after MC getting angry) and I've already lost like half hp, all mana and some stamina).

And then, SURPRISINGLY (not) MC again just stabs boss in its eye and after that basically one-shots it๐Ÿ˜‚. I've lost count of how many bosses he's killed by hitting their eyes only? (remind me pls)
Three, Igris, Spider and Cerberus. The Cerberus fight in the manhwa was much shorter and easier won. I think he basically won that with brute strength, like twisting the neck(he might've hit one of the heads in the eye but it was not a focal point), would've been much cooler to see that in the anime instead.
KeyarMar 24, 3:07 AM
Mar 24, 3:06 AM
Dec 2019
Next ep bout to go crazy
Mar 24, 3:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nice Igris defeated on the same manner, but honestly the pace kinda too fast here. Well by how its ended, looks like they manage the pacing good enough with the next hype titled: aRiSe

Background scene kinda disturbing the fights tho...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 24, 3:26 AM
Dec 2023
Elevated source material. A godlike adaptation
Mar 24, 3:53 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to KuroSaiko369
Next ep bout to go crazy
@KuroSaiko369

Survival game.

Cant wait to see some Jeju island stuff.
Mar 24, 4:05 AM
Nov 2023
the fight w igris was insaneee
Mar 24, 4:16 AM
Aug 2014
best épisode for now
Mar 24, 4:46 AM
Jul 2023
not worth the hype
Mar 24, 4:54 AM

May 2015
Screaming makes you stronger, that's a thing Shounen learned to me.
Mar 24, 5:14 AM

Sep 2014
This show needs better music. I can only imagine how good this fight would have been if it had AoT levels of hype music.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 24, 6:01 AM
Apr 2021
Yeah this gotta be one of A-1 Studios best animated fight up there with SAO fights like they put their souls into this fight and I was not disappointed whatsoever they did this fight justice just like how I imagined it would be when I read this in the manhwa๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

So we got the S-Rank hunters going to Jeju island and if memory serves me right I think they get fucked up idk tho I kinda forgot๐Ÿ˜ญ

Sad that next week and the last episode for the season but hey at least we know this show is gonna get a season 2๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ
Mar 24, 6:28 AM

Mar 2008
You would think Jin-Woo would have better grip strength by now but he just keeps on losing that teleportation stone.
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

Aug 2021
The animation and action of this anime are just on another.. level xD

Mar 24, 6:58 AM
Aug 2023
I have watched up to chapter 11 and I have really enjoyed the anime a lot. I think the animation has been very good, especially in the last chapter, chapter 11, which is the fight with Igris. I have already read the manhwa and truthfully, it is one of the manhwas I have liked the most. I really like the character development and the development of the whole story. For now, I love the anime and I hope they can adapt the entire manhwa.
Mar 24, 7:02 AM
Mar 2023
GOD TIER! Ole ole los caracoles
Mar 24, 7:09 AM
Apr 2017
fantastic fight belisimo
Mar 24, 7:09 AM
Aug 2022
Ive been enjoying the show but this fight was actually pretty bad for a fight scene. Even the opening had more impact than the actual scene. They did my boy Igris dirty. If you’ve read ahead then you’ll likely understand why.

It was meant to be a big fight and deal and it instead got squashed in to a few minutes, something that should easily of taken up the entire episode or at least more than half but didn’t. The background music wasn’t that great either to really hype up the fight.

They are definitely rushing things a bit and a lot of fight scenes are told instead of shown. In other words, the mc does a lot of explaining instead of them just animating it. For example we get a lot of close up shots of Sung saying what is going on as opposed to just seeing a fight . We got told he was struggling instead of actually seeing a proper drawn out fight . Give me old anime fight scenes that would go for a full episode , not this 3 min stuff - Especially for important moments like this one.

TLDR : big moments shouldn’t be shorter than side fights. Which it basically was. Igris intro was good but his true strength (even for now) was not really shown. It lacked impact and the pacing feels rushed and distracted with all the side stuff filtered in unnecessarily.
Dark-LynxMar 24, 7:19 AM
Mar 24, 7:13 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
that was fkn sick, great ep
Igris the ๐Ÿ has arrived
Mar 24, 7:56 AM
Jun 2007
Defeated another tough opponent, Igris!
Cliff hanging and last ep next!
Mar 24, 9:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Amazing fight scenes. Real top notch stuff
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 24, 9:07 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Keyar
Three, Igris, Spider and Cerberus. The Cerberus fight in the manhwa was much shorter and easier won. I think he basically won that with brute strength, like twisting the neck(he might've hit one of the heads in the eye but it was not a focal point), would've been much cooler to see that in the anime instead.
@Keyar
Already three, huh. Thanks for reminding.
Keyar said:
would've been much cooler to see that in the anime instead.

I agree, it would be much cooler if they showed some variety in the ways to defeat bosses ๐Ÿ˜’.
Mar 24, 9:26 AM
May 2022
EASILY THE BEAST FIGHT SCENE THIS YEAR IDC WHAT ANY1 SAYS

The name change from Igris the red to Igirs the bloodred was a nice touch. When the mages used skill detect the eye looks a lot like the eye from LOTR at the top of the tower (forgot the name)
Overall I think this was Bloody Fabulous, the Next Episode is easily some panty dropping stuff when he says the Magic Word to our favourite Knight

Mar 24, 9:58 AM

Nov 2020
-Yes, finally an opponent immune to this stupid poison.
-Finally an interesting opponent who is not an animal or a cringe psychopath.
-Best animation so far. I would like to end on the positives, but in the end the episode was disappointing, REALLY? defeated his opponent again by shouting and simply trying harder? Igris was cool and he was defeated in such a stupid way, what also annoyed me was when the MC kept explaining of course "oh no, there are a lot of them, if they were as strong as Igris it would be the end of me" ok I see it, you don't have to have these all the time boring internal monologues xD
I almost forgot about those irritating jumps to other characters, they only destroyed the atmosphere and tension, couldn't they be added in the next episode after the fight? Was it supposed to be that important?
Ba-Cii10Mar 24, 10:04 AM
Mar 24, 9:58 AM
Oct 2019
What a good episode, I really liked the improvements compared to the original, the animation was good too, thank you to everyone involved!!!
Mar 24, 10:08 AM
Jun 2017
STOP SHOUTING MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 10:12 AM

Apr 2011
This episode’s title should be “the mc with the biggest plot armor with the best animation” ๐Ÿ˜

I loved this episode so much. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† I hope we will get a second season.๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Mar 24, 10:13 AM
Dec 2022
THIS IS THE ANIMATION I WAS WAITING FOR!!!!! 10/10 EPISODE
Mar 24, 10:17 AM
Nov 2022
Lots of action, okay, next will be the season finale, right?
Mar 24, 10:57 AM
Dec 2022
Dude, that episode was insane, right?! They totally nerfed Sung a bit compared to the manhwa, but man, did he still come through in the end! Like, taking on that Red Knight was rough, but then he pulls off this crazy move with Igris? Genius! Jim-Woo isn't just strong, he's like next-level smart when it comes to surviving. And yeah, I agree, kinda shady move taking advantage of Igris's knight honor, but hey, it's all part of the game, right? Epic episode, they really did justice to the manhwa vibes! ๐Ÿ™Œ
Mar 24, 10:58 AM
Mar 2015
last as long as you can. Good luck
Mar 24, 11:04 AM
Dec 2014
Reply to Shugo-Shana
This episode’s title should be “the mc with the biggest plot armor with the best animation” ๐Ÿ˜

I loved this episode so much. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† I hope we will get a second season.๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
@Shugo-Shana This guy have more plot armour than Luffy and Naruto combined
Mar 24, 11:07 AM
Dec 2014
Reply to Ba-Cii10
-Yes, finally an opponent immune to this stupid poison.
-Finally an interesting opponent who is not an animal or a cringe psychopath.
-Best animation so far. I would like to end on the positives, but in the end the episode was disappointing, REALLY? defeated his opponent again by shouting and simply trying harder? Igris was cool and he was defeated in such a stupid way, what also annoyed me was when the MC kept explaining of course "oh no, there are a lot of them, if they were as strong as Igris it would be the end of me" ok I see it, you don't have to have these all the time boring internal monologues xD
I almost forgot about those irritating jumps to other characters, they only destroyed the atmosphere and tension, couldn't they be added in the next episode after the fight? Was it supposed to be that important?
@Ba-Cii10 I agree . Igris intro was amazing. But the way he lost was so disappointing. Plus those inner monologue, it was annoying. First half of episode was great but the ending was so disappointing. This MC is filled with plot armour from top to bottom. He can beat anyone with shouting.
Mar 24, 11:10 AM
Dec 2014
Reply to E2sembler
the show is becoming quite boring. the first 2 episodes were great but then it just started falling down.
@E2sembler I agree
Mar 24, 11:13 AM
Dec 2014
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
MC: We are equals in tems of speed. But he's much more powerful.
So what's the plan? I guess, I'll just stop his sword with my bare hand (even though he's much more powerful (which is ofc is not a problem after MC getting angry) and I've already lost like half hp, all mana and some stamina).

And then, SURPRISINGLY (not) MC again just stabs boss in its eye and after that basically one-shots it๐Ÿ˜‚. I've lost count of how many bosses he's killed by hitting their eyes only? (remind me pls)
@LessThanAnimeFan MC is plot armoured boy. His chin is annoying along with his inner monologues.
Igris was easily superior to him but I guess shouting win you fights.
Mar 24, 11:13 AM
May 2019
Kinda bullshit how we won vs the red knight, but really interesting episode with the best fighting scenes I've seen from this season. Kinda reminded me of JJK. Very interesting what kind of class advancement he'll make after he bullshits his way out of his next predicament as well!
Mar 24, 11:16 AM

Oct 2013
This one was great and all, but its basically the literal definition of 'too little too late'..
Mar 24, 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
this job change quest seems to be more difficult than any mmorpg I know
Mar 24, 12:05 PM
Oct 2021
The Fight with Igrit the Bloody red is Bloody hell
Mar 24, 12:41 PM
Jun 2021
The animators nailed it
Mar 24, 12:49 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to BlueSnow93
@Skenz

Speedrun ? From 1 extreme to another. Facepalm.

The pace is garbage and made out of a 10/10 manhwa a 5/10 Anime.
@BlueSnow93 extreme ? you pretty much want them to adapt more than the igris arc on part 1 , where it should end like they are doing , 10/10 manhwa i would say Sl manhwa is my fav but is def not a 10/10 and the anime is def not a 5/10 , but ok...
Mar 24, 12:58 PM
Jan 2020
Finally, they cooked
Mar 24, 1:08 PM
Mar 2021
The hand to hand combat was insane
Mar 24, 1:09 PM
Jul 2023
absolute cinema.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Today, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

263 by Shortwing53 »»
Today, 8:10 AM

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

72 by Fallen_Core »»
Today, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

728 by izumakun »»
Yesterday, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

397 by Bek1r »»
Jun 6, 2:17 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.