Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 18, 10:55 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to kronopy
@rotflolmaomgeez
rotflolmaomgeez said:
It's so dumb. The guy was the worst hunter in the world, within a month got strong enough to beat a C level boss. Okay.
Then he rejects offer of a lifetime because "I might become stronger than S rank!". Baseless conjecture, his levelling up might end at any time.

Is not a lifetime offer. His thinking is right. If he gets to S rank, 30 billion will be pocket change. What game out there has a level cap at level 30? There is nothing in the system to make him believe there could be a cap, and if there was, it would be more logical to be at level 99 or 100. Moreover, he refuses because he is a stranger, and he doesn't trust him yet, especially after what happened in the dungeon. The offer he got from those hunters was pretty good too, and look how it ended.

rotflolmaomgeez said:
A day later he opens an S-rank dungeon without a plan for beating it and an idiotic escape plan? Is he insane? He almost died to the cobra and the spider, both around C rank bosses.

He doesn't enter the dungeon to beat it, he enters to test it and learn how much stronger he needs to be to beat it. He had a teleportation stone too, to escape the dungeon if he got in danger.

rotflolmaomgeez said:
Of course plot armor saves his moronic ass, and he somehow beats an S-rank monster?

Who told you that the Cerberus was ranked S? The dungeon is ranked S. That doesn't mean that all the monsters in it are ranked S, it just means that the boss is, and not even that is guaranteed.

@MickeyMinaj
MickeyMinaj said:
I still can't process how Sung Jinwoo's character design just keeps getting better. He's literally a whole different person by looks as compared to the first episode and it just keeps getting sharper and sharper too

Is not his character design that changes, is Ji Woo itself - he got taller, put on muscles, and got more handsome as he leveled up.

@Leongolleyn
Leongolleyn said:
Really game elements is such a lame thing, what even the points in numbers, levels, stats when you are getting sudden buffs and damage is inconsistent. Otherwise cool episode

The buffs aren't necessarily random, is the way they appear that is bad design. The story enstablishes a skill, or buff once, and then the story expects you to remember that forever. It was the same with the webcomic. I marathoned the whole damn thing in 2 days, and I still had trouble keeping up with everything, I can't even imagine how it was for those who read it on a weekly basis for 4-5 years. For example, Ji Woo has a 40% boost against beast-type monsters from the time he defeated the wolves in that other dungeon in episode 3, which is why even thou this Cerberus is a lot stronger than the Spider, that buff reduces its strength close to half. But if you don't pay attention and forget those buffs, they seem as if they are pulled out of the ass XD But because of the RPG-like elements, is hard to keep the viewer aware of all those buffs and skills, without dumping on them exposure constantly.

@felixsifuri
felixsifuri said:
So THIS DUDE struggled like a bitch in the last episode to defeat what, a mediocre boss? While previously known for being able to survive despite being weak because of how careful he was, now he gets a hall pass to fight a MUCH stronger beast and what he does is IMMEDIATELY GO IN without even a second thought. and then actually succeeds by stabbing the fucker in the eye a bunch of times?? Bro what, who wrote this? The pacing is all over the place.

He didn't struggle against a 'mediocre' boss. Even the B-rank hunter said that he couldn't take that boss alone. And no he didn't go in the dungeon unprepared. What you forget is that, while Ji Woo sees the ranks of beasts and dungeons, he doesn't really have a clear picture of what rank he is, nor can he equate his level to a rank. The only way he can know how strong he is, is by testing his power. When he beat the spider, he leveled up 3-4 levels. He then killed with ease a group of C-rank and D-rank hunters and killed with no effort a B-rank hunter. He could equivalate from that, that he is at least an upper B-rank or even an A-rank. But by killing the hunters he leveled up again. He didn't enter the dungeon to conquer it, he entered to test it. He got a teleportation stone on him, to teleport outside the dungeon if it gets dangerous. He is only forced to fight to kill the Cerberus only because he lost the teleportation sone when he was about to teleport. And yeah, the Cerberus is stronger than the spider, but he got a 40% buff against beast-type monsters, from when he conquered the dungeon with wolves in episode 3, so the power of the Cerberus is reduced by 40% - is not that bad. But still, he was just planning to test its power.

LessThanAnimeFan said:
So? How is it supposed to justify that he killed cerberus by hitting only one eye, especially when he is in it's mouth being literally bitten in half (and ofc that wont kill him, but stabbing cerberus in eye is completely different matter)?

LessThanAnimeFan said:
I get it, but to see those effects work THAT fast... Maybe I missed smth but it was cancelling every debuff that his dagger applies.
As I recall the snake was somehing aroung C-rank, so I doubt a C-rank dagger can damage that much to mob like this.

The eye is a vital point, as it's close to the brain. He inflicts a 10% poison damage with every hit too. Plus, he has the player system, each of his hits inflicts an amount of damage. It doesn't matter where you hit, the monster dies when its HP reaches 0. Additionally, the Cerberus is likely rank A, but the MC has a 40% buff status against beast-type monsters, from when he conquered the Red Wolves dungeon in episode 3. So it's as if the Cerberus had its power cut in half, so a lower B rank.

@Sokah
Sokah said:
Brother dies in a dungeon, immediate assumption, someone far less powerful than him murdered him.

He was aware that his brother was using lower-rank hunters as bait and had them killed. So, if the two hunters who were not part of his team and who were supposed to die, survived, while his brother and team died, is a pretty logical conclusion that they were somehow murdered by the two survivors.

Sokah said:
Dude gets key to what he assumes is an S-Rank dungeon... immediately uses it with no preparation.

He didn't go without preparations. He had a teleportation stone, to teleport outside the dungeon, if he got in danger, he basically entered the dungeon to test it.
@Sokah
Sokah said:
He was missing an arm, he was basically bitten in half, he'd lost several times more blood than a human body even has...

They didn't just show him close to death, they showed he had taken enough damage to kill him 5x over.

It's established from episode one, that awakened peoples are superhumans. Even Ji Woo, who was the weakest level E in the world, was still so much stronger than a normal human, that he could best with ease even a professional athlete. And the higher the rank they are, they can survive some really nasty injuries. Moreover, Ji Woo has the player system that changes the rules for him. It doesn't matter how much he bleeds and what injuries he gets, he dies only when his HP reaches 0. Plus, every hit he gets, inflicts a certain amount of damage.

@Triplec3000
Triplec3000 said:
They keep changing main parts of how the story plays out and it starting to feel meh on the character building. Why in the last two big boss fights has he just become stab the eye and get it done? I feel like they have dumbed the character down and made it seem like he barely survives anything he fights instead of being collected in his thoughts before he risks his life.

I don't know when you read the webcomic last time, but there are no actual changes to the story, just some scenes added to patch things up, and some things are slowed down, because the webcomic is very fast-paced. Also, the MC isn't dumbed down, he was dumb from the start. The MC is always controlled by the story and world-building, he is pushed around instead of pushing the story around. Is because the author makes him too strong too fast, so that's the only way to add stakes to the story. Have you forgotten how Ji Woo refuses to go to Jeju Island because of some dumb reason like: 'My mom needs me here.' only to go there in the end, but only after an S-rank hunter ends up killed? Or how he doesn't go to Japan, because his sister doesn't want him to go, only to go later anyway, but only after countless people die? The MC's choices and motivations have always been quite dumb and poorly defined.

Ba-Cii10 said:
It's a pity that MC's relationship with her mother is poorly developed... it practically doesn't exist, so I don't really care about the plot with this potion, they seriously could have give at least one flashback or something😐

Really? e e The MC's relationship with his own mother needs development? It's his f**ing mother, what is there to develop? You are going after the bottom of the barrel here.

amf85 said:
I have to agree with many others here, this feels like they're being inconsistent in order to rush Jin Woo's development, rather than following a plot/progression curve which makes sense within the universe they purport to be building. They set up an anime world full of ranks and stats, hyper focus on them much of the time...and then completely ignore them in favor of plot armor when they want to just skip a few levels. It feels very wasted to me. This anime would be much better if they took the time to have Jin Woo properly level up. He just beat a C-level boss. It should have taken 3-4 episodes at least to get to beating an B-Level boss. S level is tippy top...it should have been a season finale level event to beat such a boss, and taking a major step towards curing his mom would similarly be a season-finale level reward. Instead they're rushing right at the start, and...why? We're all enjoying the show, right? We'd all enjoy watching Jin-Woo go through the growth/leveling process, building his stats, learning about the game-system, picking buffs and getting gear, working towards being able to defeat something like Cerberus, rather than just instantly being able to do so with such minimal build-up and payoff. This is supposed to be a show about abusing game mechanics, right? The anime is LITERALLY about leveling up! So why are they skipping so much of that?

Again, such a waste. This anime is still entertaining, but it could be so much better if they let it live up to its own potential.

I'm afraid that you misunderstand the kind of anime this is. This is a power fantasy, not a build-up RPG Isekai. Is the sort of story, where the character spends 90% of it, being an OP demi-God more powerful than anyone, making all women blush, and being a total badass. Is not about a guy taking his time to level up. He speeds run that stage - he is an upper A rank by now, and he is gonna be an S rank by the end of the season. Most of the story is about him, going from that to basically becoming a living God who can conquer the world bare-handed. Ji Woo is basically Anos Vordigord in making, and the story is an One Punch Man that takes itself seriously.
@kronopy

Then yes, I do misunderstand. That might still be enjoyable, but given the description and the literal name of the anime, I certainly expected different, and I'm a bit disappointed. Again, it could still be OK as a generic OP MC show, but I was looking forward to a good LitRPG adaptation.
Feb 18, 11:14 AM

Jul 2020
Why is he risking his life in the fight, just come back when you're stronger bruh there's no need for this.

Feb 18, 11:23 AM

Jun 2019
The adaptation of the series is excellent! The boss fights in the anime look even better than in the original manhwa. I can only imagine how amazing the upcoming significant battles will be compared to these small ones.
Finally, we are approaching one of my favorite arcs. I am not sure if the adaptation will cover the Demon Castle Arc or if it will end before that. Most likely, the Demon Castle Arc will be material for a second season.
Feb 18, 11:43 AM
Jul 2021
Good episode, hope the dont mess up the ending
Feb 18, 12:52 PM

Nov 2020
Why did he think it was a good idea to use the key almost immedately after getting it? Is he dumb? He can die, you know?
After watching anime I see more flaws than when reading a few years back.
Feb 18, 12:58 PM

Aug 2017
The scenes with Jinwoo and his sister were wholesome. Big bro and lil sis eating some good korean fried chicken. Then going on a run afterwards was a nice a transition.
Jinwoo unlocked a secret quest after doubling his daily exercises. And what have you know, he fought an S-rank Cerberus. How he didn't die from it was a miracle.

Feb 18, 1:12 PM

Sep 2023
It's getting better and better from episode to episode. A very exciting fight
Feb 18, 1:54 PM
Feb 2013
Reply to kronopy
@rotflolmaomgeez
rotflolmaomgeez said:
It's so dumb. The guy was the worst hunter in the world, within a month got strong enough to beat a C level boss. Okay.
Then he rejects offer of a lifetime because "I might become stronger than S rank!". Baseless conjecture, his levelling up might end at any time.

Is not a lifetime offer. His thinking is right. If he gets to S rank, 30 billion will be pocket change. What game out there has a level cap at level 30? There is nothing in the system to make him believe there could be a cap, and if there was, it would be more logical to be at level 99 or 100. Moreover, he refuses because he is a stranger, and he doesn't trust him yet, especially after what happened in the dungeon. The offer he got from those hunters was pretty good too, and look how it ended.

rotflolmaomgeez said:
A day later he opens an S-rank dungeon without a plan for beating it and an idiotic escape plan? Is he insane? He almost died to the cobra and the spider, both around C rank bosses.

He doesn't enter the dungeon to beat it, he enters to test it and learn how much stronger he needs to be to beat it. He had a teleportation stone too, to escape the dungeon if he got in danger.

rotflolmaomgeez said:
Of course plot armor saves his moronic ass, and he somehow beats an S-rank monster?

Who told you that the Cerberus was ranked S? The dungeon is ranked S. That doesn't mean that all the monsters in it are ranked S, it just means that the boss is, and not even that is guaranteed.

@MickeyMinaj
MickeyMinaj said:
I still can't process how Sung Jinwoo's character design just keeps getting better. He's literally a whole different person by looks as compared to the first episode and it just keeps getting sharper and sharper too

Is not his character design that changes, is Ji Woo itself - he got taller, put on muscles, and got more handsome as he leveled up.

@Leongolleyn
Leongolleyn said:
Really game elements is such a lame thing, what even the points in numbers, levels, stats when you are getting sudden buffs and damage is inconsistent. Otherwise cool episode

The buffs aren't necessarily random, is the way they appear that is bad design. The story enstablishes a skill, or buff once, and then the story expects you to remember that forever. It was the same with the webcomic. I marathoned the whole damn thing in 2 days, and I still had trouble keeping up with everything, I can't even imagine how it was for those who read it on a weekly basis for 4-5 years. For example, Ji Woo has a 40% boost against beast-type monsters from the time he defeated the wolves in that other dungeon in episode 3, which is why even thou this Cerberus is a lot stronger than the Spider, that buff reduces its strength close to half. But if you don't pay attention and forget those buffs, they seem as if they are pulled out of the ass XD But because of the RPG-like elements, is hard to keep the viewer aware of all those buffs and skills, without dumping on them exposure constantly.

@felixsifuri
felixsifuri said:
So THIS DUDE struggled like a bitch in the last episode to defeat what, a mediocre boss? While previously known for being able to survive despite being weak because of how careful he was, now he gets a hall pass to fight a MUCH stronger beast and what he does is IMMEDIATELY GO IN without even a second thought. and then actually succeeds by stabbing the fucker in the eye a bunch of times?? Bro what, who wrote this? The pacing is all over the place.

He didn't struggle against a 'mediocre' boss. Even the B-rank hunter said that he couldn't take that boss alone. And no he didn't go in the dungeon unprepared. What you forget is that, while Ji Woo sees the ranks of beasts and dungeons, he doesn't really have a clear picture of what rank he is, nor can he equate his level to a rank. The only way he can know how strong he is, is by testing his power. When he beat the spider, he leveled up 3-4 levels. He then killed with ease a group of C-rank and D-rank hunters and killed with no effort a B-rank hunter. He could equivalate from that, that he is at least an upper B-rank or even an A-rank. But by killing the hunters he leveled up again. He didn't enter the dungeon to conquer it, he entered to test it. He got a teleportation stone on him, to teleport outside the dungeon if it gets dangerous. He is only forced to fight to kill the Cerberus only because he lost the teleportation sone when he was about to teleport. And yeah, the Cerberus is stronger than the spider, but he got a 40% buff against beast-type monsters, from when he conquered the dungeon with wolves in episode 3, so the power of the Cerberus is reduced by 40% - is not that bad. But still, he was just planning to test its power.

LessThanAnimeFan said:
So? How is it supposed to justify that he killed cerberus by hitting only one eye, especially when he is in it's mouth being literally bitten in half (and ofc that wont kill him, but stabbing cerberus in eye is completely different matter)?

LessThanAnimeFan said:
I get it, but to see those effects work THAT fast... Maybe I missed smth but it was cancelling every debuff that his dagger applies.
As I recall the snake was somehing aroung C-rank, so I doubt a C-rank dagger can damage that much to mob like this.

The eye is a vital point, as it's close to the brain. He inflicts a 10% poison damage with every hit too. Plus, he has the player system, each of his hits inflicts an amount of damage. It doesn't matter where you hit, the monster dies when its HP reaches 0. Additionally, the Cerberus is likely rank A, but the MC has a 40% buff status against beast-type monsters, from when he conquered the Red Wolves dungeon in episode 3. So it's as if the Cerberus had its power cut in half, so a lower B rank.

@Sokah
Sokah said:
Brother dies in a dungeon, immediate assumption, someone far less powerful than him murdered him.

He was aware that his brother was using lower-rank hunters as bait and had them killed. So, if the two hunters who were not part of his team and who were supposed to die, survived, while his brother and team died, is a pretty logical conclusion that they were somehow murdered by the two survivors.

Sokah said:
Dude gets key to what he assumes is an S-Rank dungeon... immediately uses it with no preparation.

He didn't go without preparations. He had a teleportation stone, to teleport outside the dungeon, if he got in danger, he basically entered the dungeon to test it.
@Sokah
Sokah said:
He was missing an arm, he was basically bitten in half, he'd lost several times more blood than a human body even has...

They didn't just show him close to death, they showed he had taken enough damage to kill him 5x over.

It's established from episode one, that awakened peoples are superhumans. Even Ji Woo, who was the weakest level E in the world, was still so much stronger than a normal human, that he could best with ease even a professional athlete. And the higher the rank they are, they can survive some really nasty injuries. Moreover, Ji Woo has the player system that changes the rules for him. It doesn't matter how much he bleeds and what injuries he gets, he dies only when his HP reaches 0. Plus, every hit he gets, inflicts a certain amount of damage.

@Triplec3000
Triplec3000 said:
They keep changing main parts of how the story plays out and it starting to feel meh on the character building. Why in the last two big boss fights has he just become stab the eye and get it done? I feel like they have dumbed the character down and made it seem like he barely survives anything he fights instead of being collected in his thoughts before he risks his life.

I don't know when you read the webcomic last time, but there are no actual changes to the story, just some scenes added to patch things up, and some things are slowed down, because the webcomic is very fast-paced. Also, the MC isn't dumbed down, he was dumb from the start. The MC is always controlled by the story and world-building, he is pushed around instead of pushing the story around. Is because the author makes him too strong too fast, so that's the only way to add stakes to the story. Have you forgotten how Ji Woo refuses to go to Jeju Island because of some dumb reason like: 'My mom needs me here.' only to go there in the end, but only after an S-rank hunter ends up killed? Or how he doesn't go to Japan, because his sister doesn't want him to go, only to go later anyway, but only after countless people die? The MC's choices and motivations have always been quite dumb and poorly defined.

Ba-Cii10 said:
It's a pity that MC's relationship with her mother is poorly developed... it practically doesn't exist, so I don't really care about the plot with this potion, they seriously could have give at least one flashback or something😐

Really? e e The MC's relationship with his own mother needs development? It's his f**ing mother, what is there to develop? You are going after the bottom of the barrel here.

amf85 said:
I have to agree with many others here, this feels like they're being inconsistent in order to rush Jin Woo's development, rather than following a plot/progression curve which makes sense within the universe they purport to be building. They set up an anime world full of ranks and stats, hyper focus on them much of the time...and then completely ignore them in favor of plot armor when they want to just skip a few levels. It feels very wasted to me. This anime would be much better if they took the time to have Jin Woo properly level up. He just beat a C-level boss. It should have taken 3-4 episodes at least to get to beating an B-Level boss. S level is tippy top...it should have been a season finale level event to beat such a boss, and taking a major step towards curing his mom would similarly be a season-finale level reward. Instead they're rushing right at the start, and...why? We're all enjoying the show, right? We'd all enjoy watching Jin-Woo go through the growth/leveling process, building his stats, learning about the game-system, picking buffs and getting gear, working towards being able to defeat something like Cerberus, rather than just instantly being able to do so with such minimal build-up and payoff. This is supposed to be a show about abusing game mechanics, right? The anime is LITERALLY about leveling up! So why are they skipping so much of that?

Again, such a waste. This anime is still entertaining, but it could be so much better if they let it live up to its own potential.

I'm afraid that you misunderstand the kind of anime this is. This is a power fantasy, not a build-up RPG Isekai. Is the sort of story, where the character spends 90% of it, being an OP demi-God more powerful than anyone, making all women blush, and being a total badass. Is not about a guy taking his time to level up. He speeds run that stage - he is an upper A rank by now, and he is gonna be an S rank by the end of the season. Most of the story is about him, going from that to basically becoming a living God who can conquer the world bare-handed. Ji Woo is basically Anos Vordigord in making, and the story is an One Punch Man that takes itself seriously.
@kronopy
He doesn't enter the dungeon to beat it, he enters to test it and learn how much stronger he needs to be to beat it.

Keys are one-time thing, he uses it immediately instead of waiting to be stronger. He can't assume he will get another key like this ever again. Your logic doesn't make sense.

What game out there has a level cap at level 30?

DND caps out at 20, Baldur's Gate 3 at 12.
He can't assume with anime logic that this follows the same rules as any game. He can lose access to the system or leveling at any time, but for some reason he's certain he won't. He's also certain he's the only one who can / ever will be able to use the system to level up. There's so many assumptions here and you're saying his thinking is right? It's literally like gambling all your life savings on a horse that was just born, because in the future it might be fast.

. The offer he got from those hunters was pretty good too, and look how it ended.

Lol, it's incomparable. The hunters' offer was shitty and he accepted it. The golden boy offer was amazing and he rejected it. It's ridiculous, thanks for adding solid arguments.
rotflolmaomgeezFeb 18, 2:03 PM
Feb 18, 1:57 PM
Oct 2023
Jinwoo almost died this episode.This episode was pretty weak tbh but still pretty good Jinwoo wanting the elixir of life for his mother.
Feb 18, 3:24 PM
Oct 2020
I actually may be one of the few that is not enjoying the anime! I LOVED the manhwa but this adaptation feels a bit too "slice of life"... I feel like the animation are nice but a bit too mainstream overall and the fact that in this particular ep he killed one head of Cerberus and the whole monster died was a bit underwhelming...

I went back and reread the chapters and somehow they give me a bit more impact and an overall darker mood contrasted with some lightness that I enjoyed more.
The pace has been feeling also kinda strange... I feel like having a more unique art would give the anime an easy 10 but for the moment it's just a 7.5 at best
Feb 18, 3:43 PM

Mar 2008
I like that Jinwoo gets bloodied and gored up and at least there is a reason for why he was able to pull through so at least the writer isnt leaving plot holes even if Im not really a fan of using RPG mechanics. Only thing is it doesnt make sense why the Cerberus went down just from it's eye on only one head being stabbed and he didnt drive anything deeper into it's body so that could have been better instead of what likely is damage points which is a dumb mechanism since you aren't limited by the complexities of programming a game when you are writing a story instead.

Being unable to get drunk sounds like a bummer but he sure could win some bar bets that way.

Largo_ said:
Why is he risking his life in the fight, just come back when you're stronger bruh there's no need for this.

Maybe because he didn't up his intellect stats, suggesting he's stupid.

But on other hand it is understandable he might jump to it because he doesn't know if these keys and gates disappear after a certain time and he's real eager to get that elixir so he did not think it through if he was really ready and got overly confident from his newfound ability and some experience. He at least had the sense to back out after the Cerberus.
traedFeb 18, 3:57 PM
Feb 18, 4:52 PM
Nov 2023
Amazing in-between episode after the insanity of the last one. Loved the fluid fight animations.
Feb 18, 6:24 PM

Aug 2023
Absolutely wild and crazy episode. This fight scene was beyond intense and every episode manages to blow my mind with the editing, so props to the animators! I was trying to look into the outro scenes more and it seems to me like Jinwoo is soon to be consumed by power and his need to level up and reach whatever goal he is continuously chasing. There also seems to be some man watching him from a bunch of tv screens? I wonder who this is. I am definitely going to have to look into reading this once it finishes airing.
Feb 18, 7:21 PM

Feb 2018
Sheesh what a fight, he was getting tossed around like crazy lol. Pretty wild how much of a beating he took without dying.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Feb 19, 2:04 AM
Feb 2024
Amazing, loved it
Feb 19, 2:44 AM

Mar 2019
Surprised he actually managed to kill that enemy already. Was expecting him to get his ass kicked and teleport out of there, but obviously my expectations were subverted. Really enjoyed the episode and this show overall although I'm not a big fan of how quickly Jin-Woo's personality has changed. I know he's been through a lot on the show already between being nearly killed and then killing a bunch of people, but it feels like he changed too drastically from episode 1. Or maybe his personality in the first two episodes was misleading and he was sort of like this all along... I don't know, but given how he was acting in episodes 1-2 he feels very different. Cocky and kind of an asshole? Would be more accepting of this change if it took place by the end of the season or in a hypothetical season 2 instead of like after 2 episodes.
Feb 19, 3:01 AM
Jun 2012
Continuing the consistently high production value of each of the fights.

Keep that up.
Feb 19, 5:26 AM

Feb 2014
I'm impressed with how strong the animation quality was for this episode. It was a good thing that he noticed something was odd with his daily quest counter, as his curiosity paid off and got him the key to an S-rank dungeon and it certainly lived up to that title.

His fight against the Cerberus took everything that he had in terms of weapons, potions and even using the unique potion that he got when he beat the snake a while back. Thanks to his new ability of dissolving any harmful toxins in his body, as he found out when he drank loads of alcohol, the poison had no effect on him, so he thankfully avoided getting that permanent damage to his muscles. Thanks to the buff, he was able to tank enough hits for him to keep on striking the Cerberus' eye until it died. Death by many stabs to the eye is real, that's for sure! XD

At least he now has a main goal in getting stronger so that he can take on this dungeon at another time and collect the three ingredients needed to make the elixir of life that should help his stricken mother. However, the younger brother of Dongsuk is now aware of who "killed" his older brother and he's out for blood. I don't think Jinwoo should be worried, but if I was Jinho, I should be very worried right now.
Feb 19, 6:52 AM

Dec 2022
An episode of a decent fight with that whole cerberus thing and so Jinwoo continues his grind.

Feb 19, 7:12 AM
Jun 2021
BRILLIANT. FANTASTIC, ANOTHER MASTERPIECE
Feb 19, 7:14 AM
Nov 2023
Art style is good but the Japanese sub is not suited or more like its a bit weird when listening to the names of the characters.
Feb 19, 8:02 AM
Dec 2019
Coming from an anime only perspective, the episode and the fighting scenes are good, but the way how the Cerberus died because he just stabbed the eyes of a singular head then the Cerberus immediately dies afterward is dumb, he couldn't even cut through the skin and the depth of the weapon is using is way too shallow for it to have an impact against the enemy.
Feb 19, 9:52 AM

Jan 2022
Bruh, the fact that he was able to take down an S-ranked monster is a little unrealistic. Its a little lame that he's so OP, once he gets to very top what will happen? He'll get bragging rights and that's it? What sucks about this is that he was about to die from the rocks that fell on top of him but being bitten several times didn't do that much damage, huh??

Why would the brother think 2 low ranked hunters could take out his brother, that's hilarious, but also rip both of them bc they're in a lot of trouble now.

What's the point of a recap episode if there's only 12 episodes :( also how did y'all know it was going to be a recap? What happened to the healer cutie? And who were those 3 randomly introduced girls
This never updates so that's cool
Feb 19, 10:43 AM

Dec 2019
Action looks good but writing still feels like a below-average generic power fantasy series. 7 episodes in and Jinwoo had it wayyyy too easy with being able to kill something like Cerebrus from the S-ranked dungeon so early on (even with his 'struggles') just with targeting the eyes. For the weakest hunter ever, it mightve been better if he could slowly grow but with the freebie convenient rewards he got for hitting double of his exercises, he's already on the path of being one of the strongest so quickly, when he nearly died in episode 2. Motivations are okay in the early part of the episode but the action already feels boring to me with how strong the series has magically had him be in such quick periods of time for the 'weakest' and E-ranked hunter. Didnt feel believable at all.
Feb 19, 10:57 AM

Feb 2014
This guy is crazy, if I were him I would be grinding like a sick psychopath for at least half a year before even entering the first snake dungeon, imagine this...
Feb 19, 11:04 AM

Mar 2020
It's getting a bit repetitive now, the whole dungeon defeat boss thing, if this is how the rest of the series will go, its not gonna be that good.
Feb 19, 11:18 AM

Sep 2020
He really just turned down a 20 million dollar offer. Hope he never complains about not having the money to do something!
Feb 19, 12:25 PM
Aug 2019
A1 is doing justice to this adaptation
Feb 19, 1:15 PM

Jul 2019
Power curve goes *brrr* and the plot armor goes *shing*

They better introduce more PvP, some sort of balancing and actual introduce actual stakes. Furthermore, being strong doesn't mean you've gotta take unnecessary risks. The entire premise for entering and staying in this high tier dungeon was just so very off. I was waiting for his health bar to hit 0 when the dying cerberus smashed his body against more concrete buildings. Some more world building would also be nice to put things more into perspective.

That said I will keep watching the show. Plot and characters are as stale as rock solid bread but the show is nicely executed and can be pretty kino.
Feb 19, 3:55 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to Anayan_Kashyap
Fantastic, it's finally getting on it.
Igris is close
@Anayan_Kashyap when is igris exactly
Feb 19, 4:00 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to AnaakJahad
@Anayan_Kashyap when is igris exactly
@KayneAether the gatekeeper he defeated, was not the main boss. He was guardian the Demon Castle......... Where resides the Badass Roman warrior statue looking Igris, a vibrant red armour with a magenta shade resembles blood, like a warrior's stained sword,, but he's the king of the demon castle.

Probably episode 11/12. That's the same fight in the opening sequence,, at the end.........when the rap starts to kick in.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Feb 19, 4:02 PM

Jan 2024
Anayan_Kashyap said:
@KayneAether the gatekeeper he defeated, was not the main boss. He was guardian the Demon Castle......... Where resides the Badass Roman warrior statue looking Igris, a vibrant red armour with a magenta shade resembles blood, like a warrior's stained sword,, but he's the king of the demon castle.

Probably episode 11/12. That's the same fight in the opening sequence,, at the end.........when the rap starts to kick in.

it's been a while since I read the manhwa ty, and I'm assuming the prisoner scene is next episode.
Feb 19, 4:38 PM
Apr 2022
Man, this show has sooo much plot armor it kind of hurts brain to watch.

But gaddamm, those animation quality and BGM keeps me coming back. You know what they say, the dumbest shows get the bestest budgets.
Feb 19, 4:41 PM
Sep 2021
people are forgetting that how he killed the cerebus was killing two heads when cerebus rage ware off the skills of the blade starts to pay off too..people didnt see the third heads eye gussing a lot of blood , and then he hit multiple times the third head...and at last the middle one was hit by his blade
Feb 19, 7:06 PM
Jul 2021
the goat of new animes
Feb 19, 9:35 PM
Jan 2018
As someone who has Korean blood, I feel very conflicted about this anime, and the original source- webtoon….. As someone who has watched a ton of anime (can checc my profile for more) it’s evidently clear Solo Leveling “Ore Dake” has copied/borrowed a lot of the past Japanese anime, manga, light novel works including games. The obvious one is SAO, then MMORPG elements, as well as isekai in the sense the mc was brought back to life, and ofc the tropes like childhood friend, “potions”, weapon upgrades etc etc. My only hope is, whoever the webtoon author for this series is, at least publicly or privately acknowledges it has taken cultural influence from the animation, books, and game industry. Korea often-times takes the “victim complex” approach, and it’s understandable why but at the same time Korean society has to recognize when they’ve taken ideas from Japan, and give proper credit when their works ultimately succeed with the Korean market.
Feb 19, 10:20 PM

Jul 2021
What an episode this was.

The fight between Jinwoo and the cerberus was amazing, with Jinwoo almost dying but still pushing on to defeat it to obtaint the elixir of life for his mother along with the animation for the fight. One of the things i love about this show is how consistent the animation quality is, it feels like its always on point.

Also the new guy introduced, the brother of the man Jinwoo killed, he seems like hes gonna be trouble.

Feb 19, 11:47 PM

Aug 2011
Reply to Alkimia
I wasn't planning on posting anything about this show, but I genuinely don't get the hype around it lol like yeah I guess the animation is pretty cool but idk I've been on the fence between dropping this or not since episode like 3 or 4, and I still am. Only reason I haven't yet is because this show got so hyped up so it must be really good... Right? Idk I might stick around to the end to see where it goes but it does feel just a little overrated at least to me
@Alkimia Its not at the good part yet .....give it a few more episodes thill he gets his real powers !

Feb 20, 1:02 AM
Feb 2021
its a good anime would recommend
Feb 20, 5:23 AM
Mar 2021
sunjiwo mengalahkan anjing kepala tiga
Feb 20, 5:56 AM

Oct 2008
Damn friggin' bada$$ episode!!! so this is the start of Jinwoo's S-difficulty dungeon GRIND!!! LOLZ
5/5.

Feb 20, 6:32 AM
Jun 2019
such a masterpiece anime...
Feb 20, 9:40 AM

Jan 2017
What an intense battle! But Jinwoo definitely defeated an A-rank monster now
Feb 20, 5:38 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Seygneur
Power curve goes *brrr* and the plot armor goes *shing*

They better introduce more PvP, some sort of balancing and actual introduce actual stakes. Furthermore, being strong doesn't mean you've gotta take unnecessary risks. The entire premise for entering and staying in this high tier dungeon was just so very off. I was waiting for his health bar to hit 0 when the dying cerberus smashed his body against more concrete buildings. Some more world building would also be nice to put things more into perspective.

That said I will keep watching the show. Plot and characters are as stale as rock solid bread but the show is nicely executed and can be pretty kino.
@Seygneur EXACTLY! The plot armor felt strong in this episode and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so too. Like idk I feel like Jinwoo totally should have died. And I'm not sure if I really get why he entered that dungeon to begin with. And then the cerberus went down just from him stabbing one of it's six eyes? Idk it just feels a bit off. But yeah I think I've decided to stick around to the end. The plot and characters aren't anything new or groundbreaking, but my gf decided to look ahead in the manga, and uhhh... Let's just say her reactions worry me LOL
Feb 20, 7:47 PM
Jun 2015
The episode started of light with our MC trying to get recruited to the guild, but he refuses. Despite the amount of money offered, he’s thinking long-term. It’s not worth the drama and trouble, nor does it compare to what he could be worth in the future.

The character development is huge since we started off with him desperately wanting to earn money via chump change.

I wonder what our MC said when the guy said he’d keep his secret if you participated. Hints that he might spill the beans.

Other than that, the rest of the episode had me on the edge of my seat! Even though I know the system would pull through somehow, the amount of damage our MC took had me NERVOUS. But his strategizing under pressure is what saved him this time, but luck can only go so far.

I’m glad he had the sense to back out now. You can live to fight another day
Feb 20, 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
Even if Jin-Woo isn't aware of it yet, the incident in the C-rank dungeon may have brought him back to the attention of the Hunter Association. However, that remains to be seen.

It should be relatively normal for Jin-Woo to feel a certain amount of discomfort and to mentally replay this incident. Even if this group was human scum, they were still humans. Although it would have been possible for him to overpower each individual and then report them to the Hunter Association, questions would obviously have arisen as to how a D and E rank hunter was even able to do this.

It was interesting to learn more about the Secret Quest from the double dungeon. At the same time, I would only like to know who the great spell caster Kandiaru could be, who gifted Jin-Woo with two of his blessings as a reward. "Spirit of Rehabilitation" at least explains how Jin-Woo's body was able to return to its original shape in the hospital despite suffering incredible injuries before.
Jin-Woo became aware of the second blessing and long-lasting buff "Health and Longevity" for the first time after he drank large amounts of alcohol. Immunity to toxic and otherwise abnormal conditions undoubtedly confers a great advantage in combat, where this may often be the case. It should be exciting to see whether Jin-Woo gets into a situation in the future where a monster can overcome this immunity. The same applies to increased regenerative capacity, even if it is not possible to determine exactly how much this has been increased. So the system is and remains a mystery.

Jin-Ho's offer of thirteen billion actually didn't sound bad, even if I can understand that Jin-Woo is already starting to aim for higher things. However, 19 more dungeons are a lot of work. Especially considering Jin-Woo wants to level efficiently without having to worry about anyone else, but maybe he will still take up the offer regardless.

The way the conversation between Hwang Dongsoo and his secretary turned out, the future is likely to be problematic. Not for Jin-Woo but definitely for Jin-Ho, who has no fighting experience.

So the usual Daily Quest became a Secret Quest? I was already wondering why 11/10 was displayed when running, but I didn't really think anything of it because I assumed it was a display error. I wonder if this is a one-time thing or if Jin-Woo can do this bonus training every day from now on.
Nevertheless, the key he received that grants entry to the Demon King's Castle may be the best thing that could have happened to him. Difficulty level S aside, there is now a realistic chance that Jin-Wo will be able to heal his mother using the Elixir of Life which is fantastic news.

The fight against Cerberus was incredibly intense. Even at his current level, the difference in strength became apparent to Jin-Woo after a short time. What I particularly liked was the aspect that he didn't get any time to breathe, instead Cerberus attacked him incessantly, which ultimately caused Jin-Woo to have to resort to every resource at his disposal and still almost get killed.
With Cerberus Rage ability, Jin-Woo also was able to get to know a Soft Enrage for the first time. Normally something like this doesn't last long, making 3 minutes extremely brutal. It's hard to believe that this was just the introduction to the actual dungeon. How strong will the Demon King be then?
At least Jin-Woo is now one step closer to the Elixir of Life. Now it's time to collect the 3 items, which will certainly be anything but easy. Therefor it's crucial for him to gain more level ups first, to be decently prepared for what's to come.
Natsu88Feb 20, 8:38 PM

Feb 21, 12:39 AM
Aug 2022
It is too good. Sung jin woo is one of the best mc
in anime history and he is not dumb like other MCs
Feb 21, 1:47 AM

May 2015
From Solo Leveling to Solo Cheatcoding.
Feb 21, 3:41 AM

Jan 2013
I am sorry I doubted and judged A1 Pictures. This adaptation has been nothing short of perfect so far
Feb 21, 7:02 AM
Mar 2023
muito tensa la pelea con el perriño
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 10

412 by Luffy-san19 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27

366 by Gator »»
Today, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20

343 by Gator »»
Today, 4:49 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

512 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

727 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.