Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2023 5:24 AM
Jun 2021
The fighting scenes I was waiting with bated breath for has finally started! The upper moons also appears. Kanroji has not appeared yet tho.
Apr 24, 2023 5:40 AM
Sep 2021
The action is now starting from this episode, ready for it.
Apr 24, 2023 5:51 AM

Jul 2017
The Yoriichi Type Zero revealing the 300-year-old sword, and both Tanjiro and Kotetsu were hopeful for its looks, except that it went rusty...and that's not the only thing they have to deal with.

Haganezuka coming out of a sudden to claim the rusty sword, and Kanamori understands that Tanjiro has been looking for him to get another sword. Targeting Haganezuka by his side and attacking Genya through his emotions, it seems that nothing that Tanjiro does is able to qualm the heated emotions of either. A mysterious vase placed right at the endge of the hot springs, and in comes the Upper Rank 5 Gyokko, the demon extermination is at hand.

Tokito coming in to find his new swordsmith Kanamori, and got puzzled about Tanjiro's kindness, along with Nezuko's weirdness. But they get interrupted by a demon serving Gyokko, along with the decapitation and regeneration of Upper Rank 4 Karaku and his clones, even with Genya's gunman shooting that is depressingly weak. And even when he's blasted far away, Tokito makes a striking return, changed Tanjiro's kindness, to save the inexperienced Kotetsu.

When the fight starts, it gets intense.
Apr 24, 2023 5:56 AM

Dec 2020
As as expected the animation was awesome with muichiro and his blade style with that all in one and very good episode also the character of genya and muichiro has an upgrade.
Nezuko in her form not for long but yesh.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 24, 2023 7:12 AM
Apr 2023
This annual ufotable flex episode 3 is really good. Can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 24, 2023 7:20 AM
Aug 2022
oooof the battle begins!
Apr 24, 2023 7:43 AM
Oct 2022
Manga fans,ARE YOU GUYS FEASTING...
Apr 24, 2023 7:46 AM

Apr 2021
the fights have begun. i honestly love the designs of the upper rank demons esp gyokku.
beep!
MAL's Little Raccoon #2
made by hearingnote

matching w/ sekai-

Apr 24, 2023 8:21 AM
Oct 2019
oh boy, from silly comedy into the real battle so fast.

This is what have we waiting for.
Apr 24, 2023 8:23 AM

Mar 2023
I was not expecting both upper rank demons to show up and attack this early in the season but it is exciting to see how powerful they are, especially that scared demon that split into 2 each time you cut them apart. And Genyu asking for bullets made of the same stone as the swords is so cool, im guessing he isnt as good as a swordsman as the rest so he had to use an alternate long range weapon which i can respect. anyways episode is 10/10 as always in both comedy and coolness!
My Candys!

Apr 24, 2023 8:28 AM
Feb 2020
I can't believe the action has begun so soon. Only episode 3 and it already seems like the rest of the season will be battling against two upper moons.
Apr 24, 2023 8:54 AM

May 2009
Leon888 said:
Drabkebab said:

Really?? I admit I'm not a huge fan of cgi in anime but that fish was so well done I actually had to rewatch that scene afterwards to make sure that it actually was cgi lol. It's some of the best cgi I've seen in an anime
the question we all ask ourselves, why do it in cgi?

Because you can reuse it.
Apr 24, 2023 9:17 AM
Jul 2017
tickle attack and all the zainy animation + behavior is for kindergarteners. What is their target demographic

The guy regrew his tooth, mad sus let's see why. they keep referencing his eating habits. How he doesn't eat. Tanjirou wants to eat with him .

the fighting scenes are gorgeous
Apr 24, 2023 9:22 AM

May 2018
Terrible comedy, Demon Slayer should really stop with the humor, clearly it doesn't work here. Also, bad CGI fish appears, that looked like something that shouldn't be there, a bit random ngl. Well, at least the action and the fights begin, which is probably the only reason to watch Demon Slayer. Hopefully the build up won't be as boring as the Entertainment District Arc, where they spent at least half of the season doing basically nothing. It was okay as an episode overall.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 24, 2023 9:26 AM
Dec 2022
the action is finally starting
Apr 24, 2023 9:30 AM

Mar 2020
First half of the episode was pretty bad, it just goes to show you that the comedy in this show just isn't it. The second half was comparatively better, but some of the direction in this episode felt quite weird to me, with the slow-mos, and also the CGI fish. The CGI fish actually looked fine, but just jarring, since the series has been mostly in 2D.

A better episode than last week, but I'm still quite mixed on the season so far, as the comedy and dialogue just aren't that great, and the animation has not gone to the transcendental levels that were promised just yet. At least we'll get some memes with Genya holding a gun.
Apr 24, 2023 9:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The 2nd half was so tense, and it seems like it's only the beginning of the battle part, the enemies boosted regeneration after being beheaded is insane, no idea how they'll manage to beat them in this case
Apr 24, 2023 10:02 AM
Jan 2018
Ngl, it’s been so long since I last read the manga that I honestly don’t remember that demon (the one that split itself into four and can fly) lol. Anyhow, glad Kimetsu no Yaiba is back!
Apr 24, 2023 10:27 AM

Mar 2014
Blue_Core said:
I had a feeling it that Hantengu's clones are going to have their own voice actors. Turns out I'm right.

Sekido : Yuichiro Umehara (Weather Report)

Karaku : Kaito Ishikawa (Genos)

Urogi : Shunsuke Takeuchi (Einar)

Aizetsu : Soma Saito (Doppio)

& well known voices too at that. Ufotable really be doing their finest work with DS.
I heard some rumors they were casting them turns out it's true. They did a good job voicing the hantengus
RedChromeApr 24, 2023 10:31 AM
Apr 24, 2023 10:28 AM
Dec 2020
I feel u man :)

These review bombers are an absolute disgrace.
Apr 24, 2023 11:03 AM

Mar 2017
Things really went from 0 to 100 real quick…I massively underestimated Hantengu… he is fucking insane! If that’s the strength of the Upper Four then I don’t know how the hell they’re gonna take on the last three!

On a side note, how cute is it that Nezuko wanted her hair the same as Mitsuri?! ☺️
Apr 24, 2023 11:23 AM
Apr 2023
Impressive Animation
First demon encounter of the season and it's looking good
Apr 24, 2023 11:29 AM
Jun 2015
Didn’t expect the episode to build up like the way it did!

The Demon Slayers are in for a treat now, cuz that Upper Moon ain’t come to play.

I always wondered what they scared lil demon had up its sleeve, now we know
Apr 24, 2023 11:42 AM
Apr 2023
Upper 4 sure is troublesome. What can it's weakness be??(except sunlight)
Apr 24, 2023 12:04 PM
Oct 2020
urghh such a good episode but it ends on a cliffhanger , i cant wait urghhhhhh !!!!!
Apr 24, 2023 12:49 PM
Apr 2021
the new demon is pretty cool
Apr 24, 2023 12:53 PM
Dec 2022
Good episode with action. Can't wait next
Apr 24, 2023 1:00 PM
Oct 2021
I cannot say anything
This episode was so awesome
Apr 24, 2023 2:00 PM
Dec 2022
i love how tokito helps the little kid
Apr 24, 2023 6:08 PM

Jul 2013
To be honest, I didn't expect this episode to be so intense and full of action, at least considering the second part. 

Although this sword was forged from the best possible steel in the Sengoku period, it was to be expected that it would rust. In the first moment I hardly had any words when I saw Haganezuka. What kind of training did he have to go through to attain such a body? Nonetheless, it made the scene that much funnier since, without giving a specific reason, he wanted to take the sword. Luckily, Kanamori knew Haganezuka's weakness, which allowed him to be kept in check. At this point I wonder what kind of sword awaits us if Haganezuka is really able to restore it with his polishing method. Since it takes him 3 days and 3 nights, Tanjirou temporarily received a new sword as a replacement. 

It doesn't look like Tanjirou and Genya will ever become friends, no matter how hard Tanjirou tries. Nevertheless, I also have the question in mind why Genya still has all his teeth, even though he visibly tore one of them out. 

I can't get over the fact how cute Nezuko is. This is at least on the same level as puppies. (˶ᵔᵕᵔ˶) 

That was a really nasty death that the swordsmith suffered. If I ever come across a vase in the middle of a stairway or path, I will definitely give it a wider berth. 

How Muichirou sneaked into Tanjirou's room was not only funny but also the first time you could see a real reaction from him. So far he seemed rather bored or as if he were daydreaming. It seems he's heard the comment "Whatever you do for others, comes around to help you, as well, in the end" before. He also seemed very intrigued by Nezuko. I mean, of course it's not common to see a demon in such a form. 

What caught me completely off guard was the fact that Hantengu casually entered the room. This allowed us to get a little taste of Mist Breathing, which was already looking stunning. Although Muichirou was able to behead Hantengu, Hantengu did not die from it and instead split into two bodies. Sekido and Karaku are both immensely strong. The slight waving of a fan sent Muichirou far into the adjacent forest and blasted a huge hole in the house. Tanjirou got it just as badly with Sekido's electric attack. Shortly before passing out, Genya appeared and for the first time you could see his pistol in action, which had a stronger impact than I had previously assumed. Although he also managed to behead both Sekido and Karaku at the same time, it only caused another split, which was absolutely insane to watch and will in any case become very problematic. At this point I'm really wondering if this is the maximum number of splits and where exactly the weak point in all these bodies might be. It doesn't look good for Genya and Tanjirou received another very heavy attack in the air which even made my ears ring.

The most positive thing about this very dire situation was seeing how Muichirou decided to save Kotetsu when he actually had a different priority. Seems like Tanjirou already had some influence on him here. 

We're only in episode 3 and already some action like this is starting. I can hardly imagine what awaits us in the next few weeks.

Apr 24, 2023 6:21 PM
Jul 2021
The "comedy" is starting to annoy me, it feels way too childish. Some times it feels a bit retarded.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Apr 24, 2023 7:31 PM
Dec 2020
i like part where JIMMY BUTLER IS TRASH
Apr 24, 2023 8:29 PM
Jan 2023
The Hantengu transformation is sick!
Apr 24, 2023 9:29 PM

May 2021
I don't know when I became so engrossed that, by the time I thought it was time for the commercial break, the episode had ended.

Apr 25, 2023 12:10 AM
Sep 2020
Ahhhh this ep was so good too!!!!

I can't believe we are starting the battle already, it feels so soon :O. I was hoping Tanjiro could rest a bit more before he was thrown into battle again D:. Yep like I expected Muichuirou is changing and growing on me lol. I just knew he'd save Kotetsu, I wouldn't leave him to die. So basically each of Hantengu's splits are a different emotion. Excited to see how the rest of the battle unfolds!! ˊᗜˋ
Apr 25, 2023 12:18 AM
Apr 2016
My best boy, Tokito, is finally regaining his emotions (and perhaps his memory). Can't wait!
Apr 25, 2023 1:43 AM
Nov 2016
The comedy is fucking garbage as always so no surprise here, good thing the demons showed up so I won't have to endure this shit anymore, it seems we are past that fucking comedy and we are getting to the good part. I hate the fact that outside of the action scenes, this anime is mostly comedy, that fucking comedy, goddamn!

Anyway, I may finally stop complaining about that fucking comedy starting from episode 4, shit is getting serious now and that's what I'm here for so I may start praising this season in the next episode.

And man, those upper moons are a pain in the ass to beat, they are tricky, it's not about slashing heads anymore with those dudes, you need to use your brain and figure out what to do in mid-combat to beat them, you need to find a strategy while you fight and this won't be easy.
Apr 25, 2023 3:55 AM

Jul 2016
drimus14 said:
The Hantengu transformation is sick!

Yeah was very cool. I wonder how many emotions he splits into...
Apr 25, 2023 8:22 AM
Dec 2022
Was not expecting the action to start in the 3rd ep itself and damn I love it
Apr 25, 2023 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
oh my god! another exhilarating episode! i was caught off guard and didn't expect immediate action! nicely done!!
oh man! i wanna see how powerful is this Hashira Tokitou!!
and man! Tanjirou needs to step-up and kick some more upper demon ass as well!
5/5!

Apr 25, 2023 9:03 AM

Nov 2016
Hantengu reminding us that we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Explosive start to the action part of this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2023 9:20 AM
Apr 2023
To be honest, I didn't even know season 3 was out until I saw a post about it on Twitter, and it's good considering I finished the manga already. I like it, I give it a 10/10 so far!
Apr 25, 2023 12:01 PM
Jun 2017
upper four split up to seven like seven sins. And the weak point is .. umm i couldnt figure it out yet ?
Apr 25, 2023 12:31 PM

May 2009
Sachyan said:
Terrible comedy, Demon Slayer should really stop with the humor, clearly it doesn't work here. Also, bad CGI fish appears, that looked like something that shouldn't be there, a bit random ngl. Well, at least the action and the fights begin, which is probably the only reason to watch Demon Slayer. Hopefully the build up won't be as boring as the Entertainment District Arc, where they spent at least half of the season doing basically nothing. It was okay as an episode overall.

Comedy is fine and Kimetsu isn't dark nor serious and never will be. Also CGI fish was good for cgi tv anime standards.
Apr 25, 2023 1:51 PM
Aug 2022
upper moon 4 is crazy
Apr 25, 2023 3:35 PM

Sep 2017
Well okay then. Almost got whiplash from how fast shit just went down. Kind of a meme. Felt like there would be at least one more ep of buildup. The made a huge deal of how insanely hidden this place is but apparently the arms head dude found it somehow.
Apr 25, 2023 5:56 PM
Apr 2021
How is bro surviving this one
Apr 25, 2023 8:38 PM
Mar 2023
Good animation as usual. It had cute moments. Hyped for the next episode
Apr 25, 2023 8:51 PM

Feb 2022
American Breathing First Form: FREEDOM!!!!
Apr 25, 2023 10:01 PM

Jul 2008
I was streaming episode 3 of the show with my mobile but for some reason, it ended up showing a random 10-min cartoon😅
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

710 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
May 26, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

454 by jasiy100 »»
May 21, 7:46 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM

» Which episodes to skip? ( 1 2 )

sakuraspace - Apr 5

52 by bassyey »»
May 13, 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.