Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2021 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was a good episode to end the series with.
Apr 3, 2021 8:03 PM

Oct 2008
Eh, that was the end? Didn't feel right at all with the mid arc ending. Honestly it should have ended with the elf arc before all of that filler. 40 eps of filler and half arc really brought down the quality of the show. Props to the team for really improving the quality of fights animation though, later fights looked much more appealing than earlier ones.
Apr 4, 2021 12:43 AM

Jan 2018
akihikosama said:
Eh, that was the end? Didn't feel right at all with the mid arc ending. Honestly it should have ended with the elf arc before all of that filler. 40 eps of filler and half arc really brought down the quality of the show. Props to the team for really improving the quality of fights animation though, later fights looked much more appealing than earlier ones.

There are only 17 episodes in total of confirmed filler including the recaps. most of them are still anime canon and was supervised by the author. https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/black-clover
Apr 4, 2021 8:18 AM

Nov 2016
I know they ended because they wanted to let manga get much forward so they avoid fillers but
because now it is ended unfinished with big cliffhanger.
Apr 4, 2021 1:44 PM

Feb 2015
It's been a while since I liked so much a long running shonen (Although it's only been for 3 years), the same that happened to me at first with Bleach, it starts slow but you like it more and more with every arc.
I just hope that we don't have to wait long for a new season or the manga finale.
Apr 4, 2021 3:06 PM
Feb 2021
It was ok i wouldnt say it was actually good but acceptable.
Apr 4, 2021 5:34 PM

Mar 2013
Wait. Who's the father of Asta? And how the heck did this mysterious man get close to his mother w/o dying? I skimmed through the posts but I see no one getting concerned about that part. Strange.

Anyway, I'm surprised an anime like this has gotten so high rating on MAL. I wasn't expecting that.
Apr 6, 2021 12:47 PM

Mar 2016
I don't want to say anything except AMAZING! However, I shall let it all out. This was the best final episode for Black Clover so far. It feels like a long journey that has come to a stop, but it will eventually continue with the announcement of the movie. When I first began watching this, I was fine with it, but now... I have come to adore this anime and cherish it. It's one of those anime that'll stick with me forever and in the ongoing Shonen it is one of the best imo. With new resolutions and friendships everyone is looking forward to save their important people. Asta's backstory was tragic. A mom who couldn't keep him because she drained the lifeforce of everyone around her and then met Liebe. Licita and Liebe formed such a powerful bond. Now, with Liebe realizing that Asta is Licita's kid, their team up is gonna be glorious. In the end, all I want to say is thank you for making this a very powerful journey for me. Thank you to Yuki Tabata and even Pierrot studio for making this a pleasant journey. Soshte, this isn't a sayonara rather a Ja ne. Will see you again in the future, Black Clover :')
Apr 7, 2021 7:55 PM

Apr 2018
Beautiful episode and beautiful ending (temporary)

Can't wait for the movie now!
Apr 10, 2021 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
wow it's actually over?
Apr 10, 2021 10:54 PM
Oct 2019
that explains why lucifero didn't have any clue who asta's devil was earlier. and lucifero was actually right, that it was a weak devil. but that liebe would be a magicless devil?

makes sense why liebe hates devils. i need to go back and watch the zagred fight, and see what zagred said to liebe back then. i recall they had an exchange or two

why is asta magic-less though? did his mom's magic steal all of asta's mana when he was still in her womb? is that why she abandoned him at the church? didn't really explain the orphan part well. maybe they'll do it later

i was totally wrong about asta's mom and liebe making sexy time together, and asta being his son haha. and i guess nacht really does have 4 devils

talk no jutsu worked. now they're best friends

the montage was crap. but i hate most montages in general. i saw zora and magna, but no gordon? fanzell and loropechika are the two worst characters in the show, by far. you disagree? i will fight you

the last 4.5 episodes were great

BC overall rating = 9/10. I enjoy it more than any other show. It entertains the f outta me. But I gave it a 1-point bonus a year-and-a-half ago to combat all the trolls and haters, and I'm going to leave the bonus in place, even though the show's getting way more respect now. My official rating = 10/10
HagePotPotatoJul 9, 2021 11:17 PM
Apr 11, 2021 4:50 PM

Nov 2016
I'm so glad that I started watching this and decided to not drop it after the episode 3, I still remember how bad episode 3 was in every matter that I got so disappointed that I was almost dropping the anime.

But since I was already buying and reading the manga (that it's also amazing), I couldn't let myself stop watching this, I stopped reading at the elves fights, and after that point in the anime, IDK, I felt like everything was a great surprise.

Hell the fillers aren't even that bad, and at least they are used for character development, unlike other shonens (Looking at you Bleach), and most of the characters reappear even if they are filler. Loved this, so glad we get a continuation after this, and in top of that a movie.

About the episode: Liebe was so freakin cute, I already love him, and Lichite & Liebe backstory made me cry, haven't cried for anime in a long time, really loved this, Harukana Mirai at the end just in the feels.
Apr 14, 2021 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
Wow This episode was just amazing from liebe and lichita backstory to the great Animation of asta vs liebe ,i am going to miss black clover and it's amazing premisse of never give up and trying to surpass our own limits,movie here we go!
Apr 17, 2021 8:49 PM

Jun 2011
stuio perriot can actually do great animation only of they want to. the last arcs is just realllllyyyy good. We need season 2
Apr 21, 2021 11:22 AM

Jan 2018
3 weeks since no black clover I'm missing it already (; ^ ; )
Apr 25, 2021 5:21 PM
Apr 2021
Yo my question is who would win between ASTA and DEKU
I think asta would win but let me see your thoughts
Apr 27, 2021 7:45 AM
Nov 2020
Maan, if black clove ends then I gonna be depressed..
I like it more than AOT and MHA...
Also it has a better story plot than naruto..
asta is my homie and I rewatched the show a number of times.
May 2, 2021 12:40 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned.

Please keep threads on topic and respectful.
May 4, 2021 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
The backstory of leibe & sacrifice of asta's mother for asta then leibe bwas so sad.
May 7, 2021 12:13 PM
Jan 2021
It's a real hunt, everyone doesn't see it.
May 23, 2021 6:34 AM
Oct 2020
This is just one the greatest cliffhanging finales of all time can't wait for the fucking movie. Side note: if asta's mom drains people's mana and life force how in the hell did she conceive asta? Did she black widow some poor random bastard? Just sayin'
JonattanMay 23, 2021 6:42 AM
Jun 16, 2021 7:40 AM
Jan 2013
Guys, it's not a finale, obviously they'll adapt the rest when it's out, chill
Jun 17, 2021 4:47 AM
Jun 2021
GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jun 17, 2021 4:48 AM
Jun 2021
HshsushshusuhsK
Jun 19, 2021 3:26 PM
Jun 2021
Simplesmente eu adorei esse anime slc
Jun 29, 2021 10:37 PM

Jun 2020
Now the origin of Asta or I should say Liebe's where he actually came from and where his journey started

Licita's admirable personality really comes best sadly Lucifero came and killed her but their memories will never be forgotten even in the end it will remain the same

Glad to see Asta still is as badass as ever in the finale and of course the first OP Haruka Mirai used in this episode as expected of them to use this in the finale, Happy to see them on good terms and the journey lives on.

This has really been a long journey and this is coincidentally my 100th anime watched, The pacing sure seems nice and how their development like Asta has grown in this series I myself like Asta's journey throughout the times, Never giving up is his magic of course.
Jun 30, 2021 1:33 PM
Sep 2020
started black clover last year binged it through the night singing the op and now its over reading the manga
Jul 7, 2021 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
this was perfect to end a season. I hope we get to see the continuation somewhere in the future.

I wonder, will Liebe tell Asta about his mother though?

Yami's sword become one of Asta collection, does it have some sort of special traits too?

we get to see former Golden Dawn vice captain, will he also participate in the next battle? I think his power would be much more useful in devil fights.
Jul 9, 2021 3:21 AM

Jan 2021
And that’s it I really enjoyed this it was fun to watch and it was a good way to end it hopefully one day they continue the series but regardless this was really good
Jul 17, 2021 8:25 PM

Nov 2019
This last arc is surprisingly high quality for the most part. Main issues would be how it borrows a bit too much from Bleach and how Asta's new character design is basically DBZ fanart.

Overall I'd have to say the series most reminds of Fairy Tail, just with nearly all of the ecchi comedy replaced with slapstick/action comedy. So it's watchable, but gets annoying often enough that I can't really recommend it to anyone who isn't a major battle shounen fan.
Jul 18, 2021 10:34 PM

Jul 2020
I guess,Asta's Mom drained the full magic out of him and so Asta was without magic.That perfectly MAKES SENSE but the only thing that bothers me is,why the DEVIL was born without magic?Hope it comes up in the future.
This episode was so wholesome and sad at the same time.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 9, 2021 6:26 AM

Mar 2015
What a way to set it up for the future material to come!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 15, 2021 8:00 AM

Jun 2012
This anime has some pretty high highs and some very low lows. This might overtake Gintama for the most inconsistent anime I've seen. As cute as it is to start shit and then get good, Nacht was right when he said being good form the start > "redemption". So it does have to lose points for that. But hey it has an above average cast for an anime like this and I enjoyed pretty much all the comedy not involving Noelle, which is a nice bonus for a non dedicated comedy show. So it definitely did enough to keep me watching in the future. Also the OPs were fantastic.
Sep 25, 2021 8:26 AM

Jan 2018
I'm here again, almost half a year since black clover ended. ( T_T )
Hoping for more info/announcement about the supposedly upcoming movie.
Sep 27, 2021 6:19 PM

Dec 2013
So apparently Liebe also has no magic. The two meeting each other is definitely destiny. Although it's a bit weird that Lichta was even able to have a child when no men would be able to go near her.

I loved the action in this episode. On top of the great action they even brought back the original opening!

I'm definitely reading the manga after this.
Sep 28, 2021 12:18 PM
Jan 2021
This episode was true beauty.

Firstly we get a glimpse at the type of individual Asta's mother, Licita was. Because she had a similar condition to Henry in which she sucks out the mana of anything that gets close to her, she had to keep herself away from people. Luckily for her Liebe came into her life. Liebe wasn't born with any mana so they became like mother and son, hence she gave Liebe his name. Then out of nowhere Lucifero came in trying to take over Liebe's body. Like the kind-hearted individual she is Licita use her mana sucking abilities to fend him off, at the cost of her life.

Liebe swore that he would get revenge for the humans and despite claiming he would kill Asta, he didn't really mean it. Asta could sense that his anger was for the sake of someone else and instead of doing the Devil Binding Ritual, Asta made a new ritual called the Devil Befriending Ritual. Now Asta and Liebe have a true friendship. I hope that Liebe tells Asta about his mother because I'm sure that'd be a great conversation for him.
Sep 29, 2021 11:04 AM
Sep 2020
Absolutely enjoyed black clover can't wait for s5
Oct 8, 2021 7:46 PM

May 2018
This was a good episode, but why did it have to be the finale? They could've at least finished the arc. There are so many loose ends that need tying up, and I'm not sure if I want to pick up the manga right now.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Oct 10, 2021 12:01 AM

Mar 2014
Great end for now, just a shame that they left things at such a massive cliffhanger and we have to wait for the next half!
Oct 10, 2021 2:04 PM
Mar 2020
But tne people who give 9 and 10 to this anime??? 💀WTF
It's a good anime but it's not SO GOOD. The animations for 60 episodes is mid, and the plot becomes good from the Elf Ressuraction Arc but before that arc is Naruto with the characters of Fairy Tail and Bleach 🤣. It's an anime of 7 on 10, maybe also 8 but 9 and 10 in too much. You think that only because it's an enjoying anime it soon becomes a masterpice? Lol
Oct 21, 2021 10:01 PM

Aug 2018
Wow! I've been watching Black Clover since 2017 and to think it is over is just mind-blowing! What a great anime! I will be waiting for the anime to start up again.....

9/10 for now...

Nov 17, 2021 6:47 AM

Jul 2015
Truly amazing last episode with Liebe's past and the 'devil-befriending ritual' with asta.

Aside from filler and the animation inconcistency (going from dogshit to sakuga), this truly had an engaging story with some epic boss fights. Sad that it ended for now as the manga doesn't have enough content, but I can't wait for a next season to come.

Nov 19, 2021 11:48 AM

Apr 2016
The series actually got better in the last few episodes imo. Overall, however, it remains for me a mix of Naruto and Fairy Tail in a bad way.

The biggest problems in my opinion still exist:

- flat 1 joke/theme supporting characters (actually not even the main characters have a proper character development)
- one of the most annoying voice scripts ever (everyone speaks arrogantly, high up to shrill, mostly stupid)
- silly villains (problebly because of voice acting)
- boring combat animations (especially at the beginning - but got better towards the end)
- only a few surprises / WTF moments

4-5 of 10

I just wanted to end the series, but now I'm curious to see whether the sequel will be good.
Nov 29, 2021 4:57 AM

Jan 2021
RIP Richita, the human being that was too pure and kind for this world😭
Man, what a journey this has been!! What started out as a cliche show with goofball characters has now turned into one of my favs of all time!! Thank you Black Clover, see you again in prolly 2024..🥺

Dec 22, 2021 11:00 AM
Dec 2020
_Singularity_ said:
Lotus-Foxie said:
jump in at chapter 270

Thank you.

Is it fine to keep reading from cap 270 if i seen the whole anime? or i will miss important stuff that appears in manga only?
Its fine to start from 270, the anime covers everything.
Dec 22, 2021 6:19 PM
Dec 2020
FinalFlash18 said:
Wait. Who's the father of Asta? And how the heck did this mysterious man get close to his mother w/o dying? I skimmed through the posts but I see no one getting concerned about that part. Strange.

Anyway, I'm surprised an anime like this has gotten so high rating on MAL. I wasn't expecting that.
The series hasn’t actually ended.
Dec 29, 2021 11:56 PM
May 2021
When I started Black Clover I didn't expect it to live up to all the hype that was surrounding it, but the more I watched the more hooked I became to the show and the characters that made up the anime itself. I'm hoping all goes well and we get a Black Clover movie next year. I'm glad I was convinced to watch this anime and I will patiently wait for its return in the near future.
Dec 30, 2021 11:50 AM
Dec 2021
This finale left a high note for me, with the movie announced, it's gonna be even more FIRE!
Jan 11, 2022 10:21 AM
Sep 2018
Any idea when will next season come up ?
Jan 11, 2022 10:24 AM
Sep 2018
Bijou146 said:
This finale left a high note for me, with the movie announced, it's gonna be even more FIRE!

Any idea of next season?
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Thought about Black Clover

OmBerry12_Bleach - Yesterday

3 by KayKimii »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 150 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2020

57 by Farabeuf »»
Sep 23, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2018

77 by JVskunkape »»
Sep 16, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 35 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

40 by Phjsh »»
Sep 11, 2:01 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2018

247 by MonkeyShines »»
Sep 10, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.